Seite 1 von 6 12345 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 111
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von SlamDunk
    SlamDunk ist offline Geändert von Ravenhearth (21.10.2016 um 16:55 Uhr)

2. #2 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von The Ore Baron
    I'm getting a strong Gothic 3 vibe from those.
    The Ore Baron ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von catalinux
    I'm senting flying machines.
    catalinux ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von Ichberg
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)

Source: golem.de
    Meine Let's Plays: GothicGothic llGothic 3RisenGothic auf Nintendo Switch
    Ichberg ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von The Ore Baron
    It's so weird to see a PB game with a modern setting
    The Ore Baron ist offline

6. #6 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von The Ore Baron Beitrag anzeigen
    It's so weird to see a PB game with a modern setting
    Indeed it is

Not bad for early screens, eh?
    SlamDunk ist offline

7. #7 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von Morgannin09
    Everything so far looks just like STALKER, with the addition of a couple sci-fi looking buildings. In all honesty, this seems like a terrific game without any medieval themes at all. I almost fear that trying to interject anything medieval into this might just work against the immersion and believability of the world, but we'll just have to wait and see. It's the first chance PB has had in a loooong time to do something nobody else has really done.
    YouTube channel for Let's Plays and shenanigans: https://www.youtube.com/c/Morgannin
    Morgannin09 ist offline

8. #8 Zitieren
    Carcases of cars from 1970's? Oh well. There must be some AK-47 stashed somewhere...

I like the screenshots. It doesn't feel that strange, this co-existence of ruins of the world we all know, with the futuristic buildings and the "medieval" ones.
    catalinux ist offline

9. #9 Zitieren
    Rookie
    Why is there a floating rock in the screenshot with the high voltage tower? ( Uper left corrner )
    ZuLL ist offline

10. #10 Zitieren
    World of Elex  Avatar von Ravenhearth
    Seems to be intentional, it's even in another screenshot where it wasn't before.

[Bild: elex_screenshot_osvxsgokj5.png]

[Bild: Elex_02.jpg]
    Ravenhearth ist offline

11. #11 Zitieren
    Looking more closely, there is clearly more buildings on that mountain under the floating rock. I'm thinking that might be some kind of anti-grav thing going on in the background.
    YouTube channel for Let's Plays and shenanigans: https://www.youtube.com/c/Morgannin
    Morgannin09 ist offline

12. #12 Zitieren
    Rookie
    Strange ...Anyway the screenshots look great. Hope the game will turnout great too
    ZuLL ist offline

13. #13 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von Morgannin09 Beitrag anzeigen
    I almost fear that trying to interject anything medieval into this might just work against the immersion and believability of the world, but we'll just have to wait and see.
    That reminded me of this great piece of art by Radoslav Žilinsky. I've always wanted someone to make a game out of this setting.

[Bild: 8420df054878a3646ce600ad986fa27d.jpg]
    SlamDunk ist offline

14. #14 Zitieren
    I saw that picture before reading your post and almost shat myself. I thought that was concept art. If there's a scene like that in the game, then I'm sold. I love the look of it. But PB's direction seems to have an interesting mix of futuristic buildings, modern urban decay, and something like 13th-century civilization. Very peculiar.
    Morgannin09 ist offline

15. #15 Zitieren
    Ehrengarde
    I'm a fan of Gothic/Risen but a futuristic setting is not my cup of tea.
    Feuerläufer ist offline

16. #16 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von Feuerläufer Beitrag anzeigen
    I'm a fan of Gothic/Risen but a futuristic setting is not my cup of tea.
    It's like leaving a modern city, and after a one hour drive, you are in the middle of nowhere, in a wooden cabin with no running water or electricity. Why not? It should be fun. I will miss the classic magic system of spells, but who knows...

p.s. Wouldn't it be cool if in Elex 2 we will have the chance to travel in a spaceship to another planet?
    catalinux ist offline

17. #17 Zitieren
    Auserwählter
    Zitat Zitat von SlamDunk Beitrag anzeigen
    That reminded me of this great piece of art by Radoslav Žilinsky. I've always wanted someone to make a game out of this setting.
    Nice, well hit it with an astroid and you probable get the Elex-Setting. We will see. Anyway, the setting you show with this artwork kinda is sharpening the situation of rich and poor people. I think its kind of social criticism. Whereas the MassEffect-Fallout-Gothic Setting of Elex appears to be a strange mix to me without such an ulterior motive. It somehow does not really fit together, at least not in any way I think of, especially after the information given today prior to gamescom.
    Eldred ist offline

18. #18 Zitieren
    Eldred, you have an interesting point, if it can be applied to the setting of Elex. It seems like there's an odd disparity between the futuristic buildings, and the rest of the ruin and decay that look more modern. So far I've been working with the assumption that the futuristic buildings are abandoned, which means they were active before the apocalypse. If this is true, then that means these buildings just popped up in the middle of an otherwise very modern looking setting. I'm wondering if the comet itself didn't cause the apocalypse, but rather it was a side-effect of all the use of the Elex material found within. The substance provided unprecedented growth, so much so that all these sci-fi looking buildings, which could have been industries or research and development, got built over the rest of the world, which was more or less the same - people still drove cars to work and grocery stores, possibly hoping or fearing the day that all this unprecedented technology came to affect their daily lives, but in the meantime it was just an odd thing they watched happen from the background.
    Morgannin09 ist offline

19. #19 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von Eldred Beitrag anzeigen
    especially after the information given today prior to gamescom.
    What information? Where?
    catalinux ist offline

20. #20 Zitieren
    Auserwählter
    Zitat Zitat von Morgannin09 Beitrag anzeigen
    Eldred, you have an interesting point, if it can be applied to the setting of Elex. It seems like there's an odd disparity between the futuristic buildings, and the rest of the ruin and decay that look more modern. So far I've been working with the assumption that the futuristic buildings are abandoned, which means they were active before the apocalypse. If this is true, then that means these buildings just popped up in the middle of an otherwise very modern looking setting. I'm wondering if the comet itself didn't cause the apocalypse, but rather it was a side-effect of all the use of the Elex material found within. The substance provided unprecedented growth, so much so that all these sci-fi looking buildings, which could have been industries or research and development, got built over the rest of the world, which was more or less the same - people still drove cars to work and grocery stores, possibly hoping or fearing the day that all this unprecedented technology came to affect their daily lives, but in the meantime it was just an odd thing they watched happen from the background.
    Well we habe rusty pickups from the 70th in between buildings from future and past. It just feels strange. As Elex is supposed to be a serious game it just feels stranger (unlike Warhammer 40k, which is self-deprecating by design). I honestly do not know what to make of it, yet. You are making an intersting story point. We will see what PB intends soon, hopefully.

Zitat Zitat von catalinux Beitrag anzeigen
    What information? Where?
    Well there were a bunch of preview articles. I think the most informative one was the one from PCGames. They are based apparently on interviews or press conferences prior to gamescom. PCGames stated that there will be four factions. The technological advanced elex consuming para military Alps (and thus kind of magical drug addicts), the non-elex consuming non-technology users called clerics, who abondend technology in favor of a medieval lifestyle ( for whatever reason), the cyber-bandits (dunno, maybe something like DeusEx like augmented individuals) and the berserkers, who use elex and medieval weapons, but their refined form of elex somehow makes them berserkers instead of blood cold killers like the Alps.
    It was also stated that the hero will be a former Alps general who crashed with his flight vessel and thus now has a fresh start (sounds unfortunately to much like a combination of the beginnings of Risen 2 and 3 to me, making it unnecessarily hard for the story department). No mention of why or how he lost his affiliation with the Alps (but is still allowed to join them later) or how his Elex-addiction (which appearantly every Alps has) ended.
    It is stated that there are woods, deserts, swamps, ice- and vulcano regions. Exo-suits, Laser-guns and automatic turrets are also mentioned.
    It is said that Elex mutated the creatures of the world (called Magellan). Otherwise it is said that Elex is aimed at 70h of gameplay with a huge open world (in which you can btw fly with a jetpack up to a certain height) and typical PB role- and gameplay.
    Eldred ist offline Geändert von Eldred (05.08.2015 um 00:20 Uhr)

Seite 1 von 6 12345 ... Letzte »