Seite 5 von 6 « Erste 123456 Letzte »
Ergebnis 81 bis 100 von 111
  1. #81 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Every single one of those screenshots shows passion. The areas invite you to explore them. The level design in R2 and R3 was just... bland. I think the multi-island setting is what can really kill a game. It just breaks all the cohesion between different parts of the world.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

2. #82 Zitieren
    World of Elex  Avatar von Ravenhearth
    Some more:

Zitat Zitat von lali Beitrag anzeigen
    Ravenhearth ist offline

3. #83 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von Dez
    Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    Every single one of those screenshots shows passion. The areas invite you to explore them. The level design in R2 and R3 was just... bland. I think the multi-island setting is what can really kill a game. It just breaks all the cohesion between different parts of the world.
    I agree 100%!

This game shows some real promise. Just by looking at those screens, I can sort of feel both the passion and ambition that are driving this team forward.
    Dez ist offline

4. #84 Zitieren
    Demigod Avatar von Dino
    I'm more worried if my PC can actually run this game.
    Dino ist offline

5. #85 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von Abus Bambus
    Zitat Zitat von Dino Beitrag anzeigen
    I'm more worried if my PC can actually run this game.
    I assume if you could max out Risen 3, you will not have any problems running Elex.
    Abus Bambus ist offline

6. #86 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Forward
    Quite interesting... even though I'm not a fan of that scifi thingy and sharing info q screenshots and artworks this time is definitely a plus in my book.
    I have seen a short video about a month ago which is showing the fighting system, and this is the area I am worried about the most. I hope it was just a pre pre pre alpha version.
    Forward ist offline

7. #87 Zitieren
    Warrior
    So far I really like what I see.
    rotator ist offline

8. #88 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Zitat Zitat von rotator Beitrag anzeigen
    So far I really like what I see.
    Me too, I am in love with this game already
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

9. #89 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Guys, what do you think? Am I weird for liking the screenshots that much?
    Maladiq ist offline

10. #90 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von The Ore Baron
    Weird? No. Dangerously overexcited? Yes, quite.
    You're a jolly good lad, Maladiq, and none of us want to see you crash and burn in case ELEX is not the bundle of miracles we're all secretly hoping for. The hype is real for all of us, but most of us are being a lot more careful about giving in to it since getting burned several times previously. While we're supporting PB and absolutely not wishing for them to fail, it has to be said that they've used up most of our trust, and now have to prove themselves capable of earning it again.

Being careful does not mean being a bad fan. On the contrary, I'd like to think of ourselves as an extra team of quality assurance, and that's a service that can only be granted by being reasonably critical.
    The Ore Baron ist offline

11. #91 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Yep, true. However, I was only truly excited for R2. I just couldn't get hyped for R3, even if it was better, since R2 already ruined the series for me.

However, if Risen 2 was not a sequel to R1, but a whole new game, with a whole new mythology, I think my opinion of it would have been a tad more sympathetic. However, the horrible voice acting and localization for R2 and R3 were the nail in the coffin. Good thing that is not the case anymore.
    Maladiq ist offline

12. #92 Zitieren
    Demigod Avatar von Dino
    Nah, they look good. But a visually appealing game has many ways of ending up bad. It's just scratching the surface.

[edit]
    Don't get me wrong - I want this game to be awesome. But I'm not going to make the mistake of expecting something based on screenshots alone.
    Dino ist offline

13. #93 Zitieren
    Adventurer Avatar von Misanthrope
    Well, graphically it's starting to look more like todays average engine, but the design itself is interesting mainly because of the blend of both old and modern looks. I'm sure the 3D team is having fun. As for the expectations, we should be very cautious, imo. I hope they'll focus on the good old tried and true elements for us in the "old guard" as much as introducing new stuff. They've had so much feedback in the past, one couldn't possibly imagine that anything can go wrong, but then again.
    Misanthrope ist offline

14. #94 Zitieren
    Auserwählter
    The screenshots look good. But, what we already know of the game world does not show a great vision of PB regarding the lore. Sure they may have produced a lot more of text (as they claim), but already the naming of the groupings seems to be at will, like a lottery, where you draw the name from a hat. Questions in that direction usually results in tight-lipped, generic or sidetracking answers. The co-existence of so many so different groupings and their technological and magical capabilities and the presentation of a world mix from medieval over PostApo to SciFi do not yet create the appearance of an elaborate world, at least it does not work for me. In view of Risen 3, which also featured a mix, I fear that PB in an effort to appease old fans and gain new ones is again simply ticking a list of features. I fear that we will not get a thought-through lore and a homogeneous believable world. It is still the writing, though, that is crucial not the graphics and not the level design.
    Eldred ist offline Geändert von Eldred (24.06.2016 um 13:00 Uhr)

15. #95 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von Morgannin09
    First in-game look at a Cleric:

[Bild: CluEdvBWEAAkKzu.jpg:large]

I mean he looks cool and all, but what practical function does a bright red glowing visor serve?
    YouTube channel for Let's Plays and shenanigans: https://www.youtube.com/c/Morgannin
    Morgannin09 ist offline

16. #96 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von The Ore Baron
    I doubt we will be able to do this in the game, but I'm guessing it's possible to turn off the red lights. Maybe it's just an enhanced reality view or a scanner of some sort?

I think it looks silly, unlike the artwork, where the visor does not glow, and thus appear somewhat narrower. I hope the model will be fixed to look more like it.

The Ore Baron ist offline Geändert von The Ore Baron (25.06.2016 um 14:51 Uhr)

17. #97 Zitieren
    Ehrengarde Avatar von Colm Corbec
    The red visor is more or less ok to me. At least that could be explained as some kind of night sight or something. I’m more concerned about these red “positioning lights” all around his suite. And what are all the spikes on his gun good for. That design probably defies all known safety standards. To be honest, I’m not overly impressed by PBs latest designs. A lot of kitsch an silly stuff. i.m.o.
    Colm Corbec ist offline

18. #98 Zitieren
    Ehrengarde Avatar von Jolly Jumper
    Zitat Zitat von Colm Corbec Beitrag anzeigen
    The red visor is more or less ok to me. At least that could be explained as some kind of night sight or something. I’m more concerned about these red “positioning lights” all around his suite. And what are all the spikes on his gun good for. That design probably defies all known safety standards. To be honest, I’m not overly impressed by PBs latest designs. A lot of kitsch an silly stuff. i.m.o.
    Safety is not priority, coolness wins Maybe for melee fighting, like bajonets. I guess that the position lights are for incoming drones, to improve their targetting.
    No one expects the Gnomish Inquisition.
    Und es geht niemanden etwas an, dass ich nichts zu verbergen habe - AK Vorrat!
    Jolly Jumper ist offline

19. #99 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    I for one am not really concerned about functionality. In my opinion, their armours and weapons are designed to be intimidating af. These bastards live in a volcano with dragons flying above them. Their whole cult is based around being intimidating. Like in HL 2, where the bad guys wore gas masks all the time, that must be a real pain in the butt.
    Maladiq ist offline

20. #100 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von Ariogaisus
    Like in HL 2, where the bad guys wore gas masks all the time, that must be a real pain in the butt.
    Difficult to be accustomed to life on Earth if ones' species originates from a different dimension, which is my way of saying that the Combine's gas masks definitely had function.
    Ariogaisus ist offline Geändert von Ariogaisus (30.06.2016 um 19:11 Uhr)

Seite 5 von 6 « Erste 123456 Letzte »