Seite 3 von 6 « Erste 123456 Letzte »
Ergebnis 41 bis 60 von 111
  1. #41 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von SlamDunk
    Could you please create another thread for discussing ELEX screenshots in German?

Thanks.

Also, it would be great if a mod could move the German language posts into that thread.
    SlamDunk ist offline

2. #42 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von Abus Bambus
    Zitat Zitat von SlamDunk Beitrag anzeigen
    Could you please create another thread for discussing ELEX screenshots in German?

Thanks.

Also, it would be great if a mod could move the German language posts into that thread.
    I didn't even know this was an English thread until you mentioned it.

I wonder why didn't the mods create language-subforums yet?
    Abus Bambus ist offline

3. #43 Zitieren
    World of Elex  Avatar von Ravenhearth
    Oh, because we can't. The admins have to do it, but it won't be done until the new design is ready. Because of... reasons. Until then, this thread can stay multilingual as well.

Edit: Created a german thread and moved the posts.
    Ravenhearth ist offline Geändert von Ravenhearth (17.04.2016 um 23:26 Uhr)

4. #44 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von SlamDunk
    Zitat Zitat von ravenhearth Beitrag anzeigen
    Until then, this thread can stay multilingual as well.
    Not a wise decision. Multilingual threads never work. They become a mess.

Please, create "[German] ELEXE Screenshots" thread. Thank you.
    SlamDunk ist offline

5. #45 Zitieren
    Auserwählter
    Zitat Zitat von Xarthor Beitrag anzeigen
    Schön, dass nicht nur mir der Smiley aufgefallen ist.Das sind Details, die ein Spiel lebendig wirken lassen.
    Well I think the smiley is more likely an easteregg. It somehow does not feel right to me that someone in the world of Elex (from what we know of it) regularly redraws a smiley on a crashed car in the middle of nowhere.

Zitat Zitat von Colm Corbec Beitrag anzeigen
    Hmm, naja. Ich bekomme bei den Screens den Eindruck nicht los, dass da sehr viel aus irgendwelchen zugekauften Assets zusammengeschoben wurde. Für mich sieht alles etwas "zusammengebastelt" aus. PBs handgemachte Welten fand ich früher mal richtig klasse. Alles wirkte wie aus einem Guss. Mich würde echt mal interessieren, was auf den Screens wirklich handgemacht ist. Die fabrikneuen Container stammen eindeutig aus einer anderen Quelle, als das Autowrack. Ich find's bisher eher nicht so schön. Kann sich ja noch einiges ändern. Mal abwarten.
    I agree to that, some of the pictures have kind of an intensified Risen3-patchwork vibe to them. There are elements from a clean High-Tech Future like Mass Effect mixed with dystopian Low-Tech elements like seen in Fallout plus elements from our present day (freshly painted containers) and elements from our own past.

Combining these elements does not necessarily lead to contradictions, but when they are all placed in a distance of several meters to each other it really becomes difficult to explain. Especially, the freshly painted red container to the right with the rusty crashed car besides seems very ramshackle. The car is maybe from the 80s, parts of it seem to have been buried beneath the soil already. Maybe the rusty barrels on the street caused the accident, though it then remains unclear why they are still relativly intact. But that leaves us with two basic problems. First, while the basic condition of the street accords with the condition of the car, the size of the street does not accord to the size of the car (the car would roughly need two lanes judging by the also relatively fresh road markings). Second, the car obviously crashed after the red container - by whatever means - was relocated to the roadside. The red container though seems to be painted recently and is not even partially buried beneath the soil like the rusty car which is leaning against it. Maybe the drawer of the smiley placed these things all deliberately, then the question remains why he did it, the construction does not appear to be anyone’s home, but arranging these things must have taken hard work. As long as that question remains the fourth wall is unintentionally broken (if the whole thing is not an easteregg that is) and the player sees that the game-designer placed these items there. Thus, this screenshot does not show an eye-for-detail in the level design but rather the contrary, as assets are simply placed to fill the space.

Since these first screenshots are intended to show the general setting to us, let’s assume that they chose this particular place for a screenshot because it is one of few places in the world of Elex that have so many different elements mixed and thus one of the few places where they can show all the elements at once.
    Eldred ist offline

6. #46 Zitieren
    Mythos
    Zitat Zitat von Eldred Beitrag anzeigen
    Well I think the smiley is more likely an easteregg. It somehow does not feel right to me that someone in the world of Elex (from what we know of it) regularly redraws a smiley on a crashed car in the middle of nowhere.
    I was waiting for a comment like this. ^^ Of course, people have so many and huge problems that nobody really think about playing or something like that. But the point is: People need sometimes a break ... they will take it, if they have a peacefull moment. It is like The last of us ... most times they're fighting to stay alive, but sometimes they forget the deadly world for just a moment and do things like drawing a smiley on a dirty car.
    Sure, not everybody would do that, but there're many kinds of characters in the world.
    Wer mit Sonderzeichen gendert, diskriminiert jene, die sich nicht zu Mann oder Frau zuordnen lassen. Geschlechtergerechtigkeit in der Sprache erreicht man nur mit gender-neutralen Begriffen. Wer das weiß und dennoch gendert, diskriminiert mit Vorsatz!
    Xarthor ist offline

7. #47 Zitieren
    Warrior
    Zitat Zitat von ravenhearth Beitrag anzeigen
    Oh, because we can't. The admins have to do it, but it won't be done until the new design is ready. Because of... reasons. Until then, this thread can stay multilingual as well.
    And what is the progress of the new design?
    rotator ist offline

8. #48 Zitieren
    Drachentöter Avatar von Lord-Hagen
    Two more ELEX screenshots made in 2015 were released on facebook today:

http://upload.worldofplayers.de/file..._02_2016_1.jpg

http://upload.worldofplayers.de/file..._02_2016_2.jpg
    Lord-Hagen ist offline

9. #49 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von Morgannin09
    So far all we've seen is spruce forests with a bit of the mountains. I would really like to see some of the other biomes. Hopefully we can get one or two of the snow and desert before long
    YouTube channel for Let's Plays and shenanigans: https://www.youtube.com/c/Morgannin
    Morgannin09 ist offline

10. #50 Zitieren
    Ehrengarde Avatar von Jolly Jumper
    Zitat Zitat von Morgannin09 Beitrag anzeigen
    So far all we've seen is spruce forests with a bit of the mountains. I would really like to see some of the other biomes. Hopefully we can get one or two of the snow and desert before long
    I think they won't show us much of these areas. In the former games they also showed us at most the first third of the game to avoid too much spoilers.
    No one expects the Gnomish Inquisition.
    Und es geht niemanden etwas an, dass ich nichts zu verbergen habe - AK Vorrat!
    Jolly Jumper ist offline

11. #51 Zitieren
    Actually, if you have a closer look on the screenshots, you'll see that they were all shot in the same area. You can see that by looking for this radar tower (that one in the second screen in my previous post) and the flying rock next to it.

I guess that's because of two reasons: First, I think this area is the one completed most - Piranha Bytes mentioned quite frequently that they just want to show material that is representative for the final game. Another reason is the one mentioned by Jolly Jumper: We should not to know the whole world before playing the game. The marketing campaign promoting Risen 3 also focused on Taranis and Calador. As most of Piranha Bytes' fans favorite the Gothic series, mainly Mid-European landscapes might be shown.
    Lord-Hagen ist offline Geändert von Lord-Hagen (27.02.2016 um 13:01 Uhr)

12. #52 Zitieren
    An artwork showing weapons was released on facebook yesterday.

http://upload.worldofplayers.de/file..._03_2016_1.jpg
    Lord-Hagen ist offline

13. #53 Zitieren
    Auserwählter
    Zitat Zitat von Lord-Hagen Beitrag anzeigen
    An artwork showing weapons was released on facebook yesterday.

http://upload.worldofplayers.de/file..._03_2016_1.jpg
    A crossbow with three arms (what is the third upwards one supposed to do?), an over-the-top gun from Warhammer 40k with textures from Mass Effect and a what, is that an oversized WoW sword combined with a treant?
    Well if that's the style of weapons they should definitely implement Kylo Ren lightsabers, would increase the realism factor a lot. Not one of them seems in any way postapocalyptic nor fitting to any of the scenes we already saw. Just another way to increase the patchwork generic feel and making me more sceptical.
    Eldred ist offline Geändert von Eldred (17.03.2016 um 19:46 Uhr)

14. #54 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von The Ore Baron
    Eh, I don't mind it. It's not like weapons in Gothic weren't 'generic'.

I also like how the sword doesn't look very high-tech compared to weapons. I'm guessing these weapons belong to different factions, and one if them has this 'retro' thing going on, using swords instead of guns. I think the difference is portrayed nicely in the concept art in question.

And I don't think it's fair to say that these weapons don't look post-apocalyptic. The whole setting of Elex seems pretty unique to me so far, so I don't think the same genre standards should be applied to this game in particular.

All in all, I'm still relatively excited, although still a little mad Risen 3 was in no way a conclusion to the Risen series. PB may run and hide from this fact, but they will have to produce at least one more Risen game in the future, else the series remains unfinished.
    The Ore Baron ist offline

15. #55 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von Morgannin09
    Zitat Zitat von The Ore Baron Beitrag anzeigen
    Eh, I don't mind it. It's not like weapons in Gothic weren't 'generic'.

I also like how the sword doesn't look very high-tech compared to weapons. I'm guessing these weapons belong to different factions, and one if them has this 'retro' thing going on, using swords instead of guns. I think the difference is portrayed nicely in the concept art in question.

And I don't think it's fair to say that these weapons don't look post-apocalyptic. The whole setting of Elex seems pretty unique to me so far, so I don't think the same genre standards should be applied to this game in particular.

All in all, I'm still relatively excited, although still a little mad Risen 3 was in no way a conclusion to the Risen series. PB may run and hide from this fact, but they will have to produce at least one more Risen game in the future, else the series remains unfinished.
    The way I've sort of interpreted the setting so far is that the "apocalypse" did not result in the total annihilation of society and progress, but more created a division between the survivors and skewed everyone's priorities toward developing the best means to accomplish the single goal of mastering this new life-changing substance and using it to control the world. So it's not like all industries and scientific research came to a grinding halt - the means of research and development for new technologies is still there, which is why even the most basic weaponry has such a futuristic appearance to it - even the factions that emphasize simpler technology are still trying to redevelop and refine it.

As far as your comment on Risen 3... well, technically the same can be said for the Gothic series, and I don't think we'll see a sequel any time soon
    YouTube channel for Let's Plays and shenanigans: https://www.youtube.com/c/Morgannin
    Morgannin09 ist offline

16. #56 Zitieren
    Ravenhearth ist offline

17. #57 Zitieren
    Provinzheld
    Thanks for those artworks! I was waiting so long for new material )
    chrisl44 ist offline

18. #58 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von Abus Bambus
    Great to see NPCs in a PB game have normally sized hands again.

The sword blade in the close-up shot looks kind of odd and blocky...
    Abus Bambus ist offline

19. #59 Zitieren
    World of Elex  Avatar von Ravenhearth
    The sword looks like it's made out of plastic.
    Ravenhearth ist offline

20. #60 Zitieren
    World of Elex  Avatar von Dark_Bauer
    Ist es vielleicht auch
    Dark_Bauer ist offline

Seite 3 von 6 « Erste 123456 Letzte »