Seite 2 von 6 « Erste 123456 Letzte »
Ergebnis 21 bis 40 von 111
  1. #21 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von catalinux
    I just saw "ELEX: First gameplay scenes" on yt, and let me say this - somebody from PB is obsessed with guys hammering!

... still, the game looks nice so far.

There is also a sword combat scene, and you can see some quick side rolling. Not bad at all.
    catalinux ist offline

2. #22 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von SlamDunk
    Keep in mind that that was pre-Alpha (first playable/vertical slice) footage, so everything can change.
    SlamDunk ist offline

3. #23 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von Morgannin09
    Some of the animations look off, and the roll almost looks recycled from Risen 3, but I'm assuming those are all placeholders until they get the motion capture finished. Seems like the camera control is basically the same as the last two games.
    YouTube channel for Let's Plays and shenanigans: https://www.youtube.com/c/Morgannin
    Morgannin09 ist offline

4. #24 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von Soloist
    Zitat Zitat von Morgannin09 Beitrag anzeigen
    ... those are all placeholders until they get the motion capture finished.
    IIRC Jenny from PB confirmed that they are not using MC. Instead they are using an animation middleware called Morpheme.
    However, the combat system is certainly not finished yet. They did say the roll would be back in but in a less powerful version... whatever that means. Maybe it will also be tied to the endurance bar like the blocking so you could no longer block and/or roll around once the bar is depleted(?)
    Should be interesting to see what combat will be like... /block /block /roll /jetpack /roll /block /jetpack /roll /jetpack /block /roll
    Solo, I'm a soloist on a solo list
    All live, never on a floppy disk
    Inka, inka, bottle of ink
    Paintings of rebellion
    Drawn up by the thoughts I think
    Soloist ist offline

5. #25 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von Soloist Beitrag anzeigen
    IIRC Jenny from PB confirmed that they are not using MC. Instead they are using an animation middleware called Morpheme.
    However, the combat system is certainly not finished yet. They did say the roll would be back in but in a less powerful version... whatever that means. Maybe it will also be tied to the endurance bar like the blocking so you could no longer block and/or roll around once the bar is depleted(?)
    Should be interesting to see what combat will be like... /block /block /roll /jetpack /roll /block /jetpack /roll /jetpack /block /roll
    I really do hope they have some kind of limiting resource like stamina to make combat more calculated. It's kinda boring that you can block everything until you take the initiative. The main thing I'm worried about is stunlocking and a lack of strategic techniques or skills.
    The dodge-roll is not supposed to make you invincible, like it did in Risen 3 on anything below Ultra difficulty.
    Interesting that they decided to forgo mo-cap this time. I wonder if it's more expensive or something.
    YouTube channel for Let's Plays and shenanigans: https://www.youtube.com/c/Morgannin
    Morgannin09 ist offline

6. #26 Zitieren
    World of Elex  Avatar von Ravenhearth
    Wat. Morpheme is just the middleware, it does not contain or replaces any animations. And it can be used with mocap. They've been using that software since Risen 2.
    Ravenhearth ist offline

7. #27 Zitieren
    Auserwählter
    Zitat Zitat von ravenhearth Beitrag anzeigen
    Wat. Morpheme is just the middleware, it does not contain or replaces any animations. And it can be used with mocap. They've been using that software since Risen 2.
    And they have been using MoCap since Gothic (1), so there is a good chance that MoCap scenes will again be the basis for the animations. Unfortunately MoCap and comercial middleware is no guarantee for good smooth animations.
    Eldred ist offline

8. #28 Zitieren

Piranha-Bytes
    Zitat Zitat von Eldred Beitrag anzeigen
    And they have been using MoCap since Gothic (1),
    Not so - at least not if to be interpreted as "the bulk of/most important animations have been MoCapped". That was definitely not the case.
    In any case MoCapped animations are not per se better or worse than keyframed ones. So the discussion about whether MoCap or keyframing is used is an academic one.
    Michael Rüve ist offline

9. #29 Zitieren
    Nate-Bonnett ist offline Geändert von Ravenhearth (06.08.2015 um 20:06 Uhr)

10. #30 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von SlamDunk
    Thanks, Nate-Bonnett. I'll wait for the screens to appear somewhere in high quality before adding them to first post (EDIT: Nope. Added.).

Those screengrabs broadened the general feel of the game for me. PB are definitely sailing in whole new waters with ELEX.
    SlamDunk ist offline Geändert von SlamDunk (10.08.2015 um 17:38 Uhr)

11. #31 Zitieren
    Ehrengarde Avatar von Phael
    Why is there no way to watch the archived stream? It's not available under "Past broadcasts" on their Twitch page, nor have they uploaded it to Youtube. That kinda sucks. Has anybody recorded it?

EDIT: Great, 51 seconds before I made this post, they finally uploaded it on YouTube.
    You can watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usumduYJimk
    Phael ist offline

12. #32 Zitieren
    Those dog-like monsters remind me of the Pseudodog and Chimera from STALKER. Idunno, whether or not the story and setting are sensible, I think I'm gonna have a lot of fun with this game based on what I've seen so far. But if they do make the story work, I'll be very happy.
    Morgannin09 ist offline

13. #33 Zitieren
    World of Elex  Avatar von Ravenhearth
    I've replaced the screenshots with new ones that look better and are smaller.
    Ravenhearth ist offline Geändert von Ravenhearth (06.08.2015 um 20:15 Uhr)

14. #34 Zitieren
    Rookie Avatar von wedkarski
    I think you’ve missed a screenshot from GameStar’s ELEX preview:

Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    Polish ELEX Wikia
    First ELEX encyclopedia
    wedkarski ist offline

15. #35 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von catalinux
    Indeed, it's the first time I see this shot.
    catalinux ist offline

16. #36 Zitieren
    General Avatar von Kwonos
    Zitat Zitat von SlamDunk Beitrag anzeigen
    That reminded me of this great piece of art by Radoslav Žilinsky. I've always wanted someone to make a game out of this setting.
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    Yea, that's me playing Empire Earth against my friends. ofc my settlement can be seen on the bottom of the pic.
    Kwonos ist offline

17. #37 Zitieren
    Veteran Avatar von Kein
    Kwonos
    HOLYMOTHER of god that's gorgeous artwork
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it!"
    Kein ist offline

18. #38 Zitieren
    Kämpferin Avatar von Jenny PB
    At that time of development i know, that there will be both in the game Mocap and Keyframe animations.

Kind Regards
    Jenny PB ist offline

19. #39 Zitieren
    Morgannin09 ist offline

20. #40 Zitieren
    General Avatar von der hofnarr
    Zitat Zitat von Morgannin09 Beitrag anzeigen
    Two more screens made it to FaceBook today.
    Very cool! I think the PB make a really good game now.
    Gandalf: "Flieht, Ihr Narren!"

Auf zum Forum von Silent Dreams!
    der hofnarr ist offline

Seite 2 von 6 « Erste 123456 Letzte »