Seite 1 von 3 123 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 42
  1. #1 Zitieren
    World of Elex  Avatar von Ravenhearth
    Piranha Bytes Question and Answer Thread - Discussion #1

User chatter, comments, speculations and other stuff.

This thread contains whatever was moved away from the special "Piranha Bytes Question and Answer Thread".

The "Piranha Bytes Question and Answer Thread" is special and exclusively reserved for questions to PB. All other posts are either deleted or moved here.
    Ravenhearth ist offline

2. #2 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von Morgannin09
    1. There won't be remnants of government of the old world, but there will be new structures and some old ideas in some peoples minds...
    2. Yes, it is, but there are much more (like Outcast, Equilibrium, Star Trek and so on) So i just want you to stay open minded.
    3. We just had many ideas about this setting for years ago. We always loved the Star Trek universe and thought it would be nice to develop a world and assets with both medieval, future and destroyed post-apocalyptic elements. Now, this is what we do.
    4. We didn't want to make this game eight years ago. We just had ideas about it. This is a big difference!
    5. Elex changed the world in many ways all the years after the catastrophe. Flora and fauna changed, mutants evolved and Elex is a mighty thing, that is wanted by everyone. So there will be very many things you can do with Elex. There will also be different aggregate states of it, and you can use, consume and process it. I think there will be more examples during the gamescom.
    1. Fair enough. By remnants, I was thinking in regards to former or even disgraced governors, prime ministers, senators and that kind of thing, people who were a major power of the old world and are either struggling to cope in a post-disaster anarchy or trying to re-establish order.

2. Of course. I never watched a lot of Star Trek but I have read Dune, and so that's what struck me the most.

5. Oh yes. That sounds like it could be really cool. Just by the description, it sounds to me like it stands somewhere between Artifacts in STALKER and Souls in Demon's/Dark Souls, and yet expands on that even further. I can't wait to see that.
    YouTube channel for Let's Plays and shenanigans: https://www.youtube.com/c/Morgannin
    Morgannin09 ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von catalinux
    I just read the article from Gamestar, and let me say that elex might be the best PB game since Gothic 1!

The monsters look scary as hell, the buildings are of two types - medieval-like and futuristic-like (but both beautiful), the weapons are more than cool, and in one artwork we can even see a guy wearing a shield!
    catalinux ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von catalinux Beitrag anzeigen
    and in one artwork we can even see a guy wearing a shield!
    Aw dammit. I absolutely meant to mention that in my latest video but I totally forgot
    YouTube channel for Let's Plays and shenanigans: https://www.youtube.com/c/Morgannin
    Morgannin09 ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von catalinux
    Zitat Zitat von Morgannin09 Beitrag anzeigen
    Aw dammit. I absolutely meant to mention that in my latest video but I totally forgot
    I'm sure that after the gamescon you will have enough material to make a new video
    catalinux ist offline

6. #6 Zitieren
    Warrior
    I was pleasantly surprised that they switched to physically based rendering. Along with DX11 I expect a big improvement in graphics.

I'm playing Dragon Age: Inquisition these days and compared to its length there are not that many cutscenes. i think they just hit the right number. And character faces rock, although the designers definitely have some Angelina Jolie fetish (full lips everywhere). I hope PB can bump up the quality of the characters significantly, because that is historically the weakest link in their graphics department.
    rotator ist offline

7. #7 Zitieren
    World of Elex  Avatar von Ravenhearth
    They've been using PBR in Risen 3 already.

In Risen 3 we switched to a full deferred renderer with physically based shading. Furthermore we have integrated soft shadows and volumetric fog shadows into the renderer.
    Source
    Ravenhearth ist offline

8. #8 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von rotator Beitrag anzeigen
    I'm playing Dragon Age: Inquisition these days and compared to its length there are not that many cutscenes. i think they just hit the right number. And character faces rock, although the designers definitely have some Angelina Jolie fetish (full lips everywhere). I hope PB can bump up the quality of the characters significantly, because that is historically the weakest link in their graphics department.
    I believe they said they worked on a way to provide a greater variety of individual facial features on the NPC's. But I also recall them insisting that we wouldn't see the same face twice in Risen 2, and that was a complete falsehood.
    Morgannin09 ist offline

9. #9 Zitieren
    Ehrengarde Avatar von Jolly Jumper
    I believe they said they worked on a way to provide a greater variety of individual facial features on the NPC's. But I also recall them insisting that we wouldn't see the same face twice in Risen 2, and that was a complete falsehood.
    But they managed it in Risen 3, when I remember correctly (also, Jenny mentioned this).
    No one expects the Gnomish Inquisition.
    Und es geht niemanden etwas an, dass ich nichts zu verbergen habe - AK Vorrat!
    Jolly Jumper ist offline

10. #10 Zitieren
    It was an improvement, but there were still a few that were very similar. They just changed things like hair and beard combos, but the facial features were the same.

Still, nothing is as bad as Arcania was... If I recall, all the Orcs had the same face, and the human males had 3 faces with two or three hair and beard options.
    Morgannin09 ist offline

11. #11 Zitieren
    Warrior
    Zitat Zitat von ravenhearth Beitrag anzeigen
    They've been using PBR in Risen 3 already.

Source
    Wow, good to know.
    rotator ist offline

12. #12 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von The Ore Baron
    Zitat Zitat von Jenny PB Beitrag anzeigen
    5. Elex changed the world in many ways all the years after the catastrophe. Flora and fauna changed, mutants evolved and Elex is a mighty thing, that is wanted by everyone. So there will be very many things you can do with Elex. There will also be different aggregate states of it, and you can use, consume and process it.
    So... it's pretty much exactly like ADAM in BioShock 1/2?
    The Ore Baron ist offline

13. #13 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von The Ore Baron Beitrag anzeigen
    So... it's pretty much exactly like ADAM in BioShock 1/2?
    I suppose there is a similarity there, but that didn't really strike me until you mentioned it. It sounds like PB is expanding that idea a bit more, involving it more in the crafting and skills as opposed to just character abilities, but I guess that remains to be seen. I'm hoping they can be more creative with it than BioShock, because I thought those games were boring as hell.
    Morgannin09 ist offline

14. #14 Zitieren
    I suppose there is a similarity there, but that didn't really strike me until you mentioned it. It sounds like PB is expanding that idea a bit more, involving it more in the crafting and skills as opposed to just character abilities, but I guess that remains to be seen.
    Yeah, I'm hoping they expand upon the idea in some interesting way. I won't hold my breath, though. Even if they don't introduce anything fresh, I hope this entire ELEX system will be polished and well-implemented. Their latest experiment with morality scale and soul-piecing in Risen 3 was an absolute failure, I should note. I hope they don't introduce new ideas like that haphazardly this time.

I thought [BioShock] games were boring as hell.
    I'll just pretend you didn't say that

15. #15 Zitieren
    Warrior
    I'll just pretend you didn't say that
    I have only tried the first Bioshock, but I tend to agree with Morgannin09. The game absolutely did not hold my interest for more than a few hours, thus I never finished it.
    rotator ist offline

16. #16 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Zitat Zitat von McSky Beitrag anzeigen
    Hi guys,
    Hello there! Welcome to World of Elex! Hope you'll have a long and nice stay!
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

17. #17 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    Risen 2 and 3 have to be some of the poorest translated and acted games in the history of gaming...
    Quite an overstatement, I'd say

18. #18 Zitieren
    Quite an overstatement, I'd say
    What I can say about Risen 2-3 is that it occasionally had decent voice actors and an occasionally decent script for a few of them. The same absolutely cannot be said for Gothic 3
    Morgannin09 ist offline

19. #19 Zitieren
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Powaz
    What I can say about Risen 2-3 is that it occasionally had decent voice actors and an occasionally decent script for a few of them. The same absolutely cannot be said for Gothic 3
    The only really unredeemable feature of Gothic 3. The generic voice acting just destroys the game.
    Powaz ist offline

20. #20 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Zitat Zitat von Jenny PB Beitrag anzeigen
    Hi,

In Risen 1 Andrew S. Walsh over-worked the english translations, but he didn't work at Risen 2 or 3. In ELEX he already works at the translations, so i think it will be great.

Kind regards

This is the most excited I've been about a game since RPB2 was announced. Let's hope the voice actors will give their best as well
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

Seite 1 von 3 123 Letzte »