World of Elex  Avatar von Ravenhearth

Now let's hope the voice actors will be as great as well
    Ravenhearth ist offline

2. #22 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Zitat Zitat von ravenhearth Beitrag anzeigen

Now let's hope the voice actors will be as great as well
    #BringBackCersei #BringBackGollum
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

3. #23 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von The Ore Baron
    Surprisingly good news.
    The Ore Baron ist offline

4. #24 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Zitat Zitat von The Ore Baron Beitrag anzeigen
    Where can I get this mug?

[Bild: 6PqBO1N.jpg]

Step 1: download PB logo
    Step 2: Take it to that shop which exists in every mall and makes custom stuff (pillow cases, tshirts, mugs)
    Step 3: Print it on a mug
    Step 4: ... profit?
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

5. #25 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von Michael Rüve Beitrag anzeigen
    Break into our premises and plunder the cupboard in the kitchen. Beware of the guards and the dog, tho

But earnestly, these are issued to all Piranhas working here. In German military jargon this would be "StAN materiel". They're also personalized, the name is what's on the other side.

Where do I have to sign?
    Ravenhearth ist offline

6. #26 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von catalinux
    Zitat Zitat von Morgannin09 Beitrag anzeigen
    what makes things like the chainsaw sword special, for example?
    That chainsaw sword makes no sense! It can't be a sword! A sword is supposed to cut, stab. A chainsaw will rip the flesh off and smash the bones and most likely will get stuck in that mess. And the sound is annoying like hell.

The flames sword is nice. A little consolation if we won't see any traditional magic stuff. Traditional like in scrolls and runes.
    catalinux ist offline

7. #27 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von catalinux Beitrag anzeigen
    That chainsaw sword makes no sense!
    Maybe PB is working by the rule of cool? Would that be a good excuse?

8. #28 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von Morgannin09
    That chainsaw sword makes no sense! It can't be a sword! A sword is supposed to cut, stab. A chainsaw will rip the flesh off and smash the bones and most likely will get stuck in that mess. And the sound is annoying like hell.

The flames sword is nice. A little consolation if we won't see any traditional magic stuff. Traditional like in scrolls and runes.
    Listen. Gears of War and Warhammer 40,000 have gotten away with it. I'm not gonna complain about it as long as they make it more interesting than "noisy melee weapon."
    YouTube channel for Let's Plays and shenanigans: https://www.youtube.com/c/Morgannin
    Morgannin09 ist offline

9. #29 Zitieren
    I am becoming increasingly annoyed by the lack of updates

Game is releasing in several months, and all we have now is a pre-alpha? This does not bode well at all.

And I'm not really buying the whole "open world" and "huge map, yo" aspect any longer. I sense a deja vu of the Gothic 3 sort - empty fields and fetch quests, quantity over quality.

I need more updates to keep my hopes up, even if they're false.

10. #30 Zitieren
    Björn said the game could very well be released in mid 2017 instead of beginning or spring.
    Ravenhearth ist offline

11. #31 Zitieren
    Warrior
    Björn said the game could very well be released in mid 2017 instead of beginning or spring.
    Very well, more time to polish then.
    rotator ist offline

12. #32 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von Abus Bambus
    Interesting. So it's possible that Risen 4 will be developed by a different team, like it happened with Arcania?

If that was the case, I couldn't care less about a new Risen game. I played the Risen series solely because it was developed by PB. I think it's more likely to assume that the Risen series died along with the relationship between PB and DS.
    Abus Bambus ist offline

13. #33 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von Abus Bambus Beitrag anzeigen
    I played the Risen series solely because it was developed by PB.
    Yeah, and they weren't all that great. I'd say another studio has a pretty good chance of producing a sequel that is at least on par with Risen 2 and Risen 3.

The way I see it, Risen 2 and Risen 3 sort of ruined the Risen series in general. It's hardly salvageable by this point, as the plot is so over the place that I don't think PB is capable of coming up with a satisfying conclusion.
    So, I say let's just throw it at a wall and see what sticks. Maybe a new team will make a superior game, maybe they won't. Either way, we lose nothing.

The point is, I don't expect Risen 4 to be a superb game, whoever makes it, and I think I'm not the only one. And when there are no expectations raised, nobody will be disappointed if the end product is sub-par.

Does that make sense?

Also, why is this place so hilariously dead? I have the forums bookmarked, and check these boards every day, but there's literally one post per week, at best.

Love the new design, tho. I love that piece of artwork in general. Kudos to whoever is responsible for making it.

Gender symbols are finally displayed correctly, as well. Very nice!
    The Ore Baron ist offline Geändert von The Ore Baron (14.09.2016 um 13:34 Uhr)

14. #34 Zitieren
    Ehrengarde Avatar von Colm Corbec
    I totally agree that Risen 2 and 3 ruined the series. And it was PB who developed these two games. By the way Deep Silver handled Risen 3, especially the marketing, I would speculate that even they didn't have high hopes into the series in the end. They simply failed to create a strong brand, something distinctive and unique. At the end Risen was nothing more than three random games with loose ties to another, nothing to remember and not much worth building upon. I doubt that there will ever be a Risen 4.

In that way starting something completely new was the best PB could do. Well, that doesn't mean that I really like what they are doing with Elex. To be honest I know a whole lot of folks who actually hoped for something else. Maybe that could be one the reasons that there is no big hype around Elex.
    Colm Corbec ist offline

15. #35 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von Dez
    Well Risen 2 & 3 were solid releases, but not particularly memorable or great. Although Risen 1 story was a bit shallow, the game was really fun and quite memorable. The atmosphere kind of reminded me of gothics. The game was certainly more colourfull and vibrant visually, but mood vise it was quite close to home... Even though pbs failed to deliver some of the themes they drummed before release, the game showed plenty of promise of something greater and it was a good build up for a new exciting rpg series.

But then risen 2 happened. Suddenly the gameworld, the story and the whole risen universe became a big mess which didn't make much sense. Risen 2 gameplay wasn't so enjoyable either and more linear gameworld didn't help much either. Risen 3 tried to salvage and piece everything together, but lets be honest, it wasn't exactly a game you would fondly remember after several months of playing it.

Now ELEX is a game I'm eagerly waiting for. I think pbs are on a correct path once more. Just by reading Jenny's answers, I can sense that they're more excited. After 2 less successfull releases, it just takes some time and hard work to build hype, but everything I've seen so far tells me that devs are having more fun this time and that is always a good thing for us gamers. It seems that Elex is a game they've planned a for a long time, so I expect this elex universe to be built on solid ground unlike risen 1 which was hastly planned after gothic 3 troubles.

I've seen plenty of positive comments about elex in various places and I'm sure once the game release comes closer and pbs begin releasing more material, this place will see more activity.
    Dez ist offline

16. #36 Zitieren
    Warrior
    Also, why is this place so hilariously dead? I have the forums bookmarked, and check these boards every day, but there's literally one post per week, at best.
    The English World of PB/Risen[/Elex] forums pretty much died between Risen 2 and 3 and never recovered.
    rotator ist offline

17. #37 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von catalinux
    Risen 1/2/3 (forums) died because the lack of modding. Same will happen with Elex (forum).
    catalinux ist offline

18. #38 Zitieren
    Risen 1/2/3 (forums) died because the lack of modding. Same will happen with Elex (forum).
    It would be so much easier if PB would switch to a more established engine such as UE4, which is better than their own engine anyway.
    Abus Bambus ist offline

19. #39 Zitieren
    Can you specify in what ways other engines are superior to Elex' engine? I'd really like to know.
    Ravenhearth ist offline

20. #40 Zitieren
    Can you specify in what ways other engines are superior to Elex' engine? I'd really like to know.
    Well, first off it's more modern so it comes with a lot of functions you would expect in a modern game engine, already built in. Stuff like advanced lighting, cloth physics, world streaming, a proper animation system... All the stuff PB would be calling big 'technological achievements' when they are talking about their own engine. Sure, it's a big achievement if you can build these systems on your own, but as a small developer you should ask yourself whether it's worth the effort building systems from scratch if you could be using a pre-existing engine, that already has these systems in place, probably even better executed, more optimized and easier to work with. And it gets harder, the longer they use their engine because they have to keep up with the more modern engines.

It's now, that PBs engines inferiority is starting to show, and people are getting very vocal of it. There is a reason why almost everyone has critisised the animations in the Elex pre-alpha material. There are just different quality standards these days and PB needs to finally realise that. With such a small team, building such huge games, you can't afford using a self-built engine these days. If they want to stay in the business, they finally need to adapt and pick up a 3rd party engine.

UE4 is very widely used has proven to be very stable, has an optimized workflow and even then, it's always subject to improvements. Improvements which PB doesn't have to care about because they don't have to work on the engine itself, which again saves them resources to work more on the game itself.

I can assure you, if PB started to use UE4 the games would get a dramatic boost in quality. Much previously criticised points about their games would undergo huge improvements, just through the new engine.
    Abus Bambus ist offline

Seite 2 von 3 « Erste 123 Letzte »