Seite 1 von 5 12345 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 81
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von Morgannin09
    The Piranha Bytes Question and Answer Thread #1: Your Questions Answered by PB.

This is the first thread in the World of Elex forums in which the developers from Piranha Bytes answer questions from the community.

This thread is a special gift of PB to the community and it is rare to find a developer answering questions of gamers in an independant and uncontrollable fan forum on a regular basis. So please, treat this thread with respect.

Note that PB has no official "community manager" or something like this. Members on the team come here in their spare time besides their duties (if they want to). The easier we make it for them to answer our questions, the more questions we get answered!

So please stick to the following rules:
    • This thread is only for (real) questions to PB! No idle chatter. If you want to comment on something, you can do that in the discussions thread. If you click on the button labeled [Bild: quoteadd.png] on the upper right side of the post you want to comment on, you'll get the chance to transfer that as quote over to a different thread (look right under the editor window in your reply window).
    • Try to keep your questions short and precise. Make it clear so that one can understand what you really want to know. If you have some doubts about your English, run a spell checker across the text.
    • If you really need a longer explanation for something, please highlight the question itself somehow. I suggest using the colour Limone, combined with bold writing.
    • But don't overdo it! Font sizes above 3 to steal attention from other posts will not be tolerated. Use the formatting options to make the question stick out from your post. Not to make it stick out from all other posts. If you really want your post to stick out, try asking a good question in a clearly readable way!
    • Remember: Every minute that PB has to waste to repeat an already given answer is a minute less they have for answering a new question. Hence, use the search function of this forum and try to see if your question has already been answered. To get only postings from PB employees, restrict the search to users like "Quy", "Ralf", "Michael Rüve", "Jenny PB", "PB_Ama" and "PB_Harry". Those are the Piranhas that are known to have posted in the english boards.
      [Bild: howtosearch.jpg]
    • If PB does not answer your question, keep calm. Maybe they just did not see it or did not have the time. Perhaps it was not clear enough. Try to rephrase and reformat it to be easy to spot and to read. Then post it again.
    Morgannin09 ist offline Geändert von Ravenhearth (26.07.2015 um 02:27 Uhr)

2. #2 Zitieren
    Since we have one such thread on each forum but this so far, I thought we should get one rolling and see if the inquisitive minds here can come up with some unique questions that we can weasel out of the dev team

So allow me to baptize the thread:

1. Will there be some sort of government/monarchy in the world of Elex, or some kind of remnants of one?

2. So far I can smell more than a little bit of Dune influence in the backstory we've heard... is that one of the inspirations that you wouldn't answer us about before?

3. The Gamestar article quoted you as saying that this is the game Piranha Bytes wanted to make for eight years. What do you mean by that? Did you come up with the idea for the setting eight years ago, or is it merely a statement that you wanted to move away from a medieval setting into uncharted territory?

4. If this is the game you wanted to make eight years ago, what led to the decision to make Risen instead?

5. Can you give a little info on how the Elex substance will be used gameplay-wise? Will it be used to level up, forge/improve weapons, cast magic?

Hope we can drum up some Piranha Bytes presence here as well now!
    YouTube channel for Let's Plays and shenanigans: https://www.youtube.com/c/Morgannin
    Morgannin09 ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Kämpferin Avatar von Jenny PB
    Hello,
    Zitat Zitat von Morgannin09 Beitrag anzeigen

1. Will there be some sort of government/monarchy in the world of Elex, or some kind of remnants of one?

2. So far I can smell more than a little bit of Dune influence in the backstory we've heard... is that one of the inspirations that you wouldn't answer us about before?

3. The Gamestar article quoted you as saying that this is the game Piranha Bytes wanted to make for eight years. What do you mean by that? Did you come up with the idea for the setting eight years ago, or is it merely a statement that you wanted to move away from a medieval setting into uncharted territory?

4. If this is the game you wanted to make eight years ago, what led to the decision to make Risen instead?

5. Can you give a little info on how the Elex substance will be used gameplay-wise? Will it be used to level up, forge/improve weapons, cast magic?

Hope we can drum up some Piranha Bytes presence here as well now!
    1. There won't be remnants of government of the old world, but there will be new structures and some old ideas in some peoples minds...
    2. Yes, it is, but there are much more (like Outcast, Equilibrium, Star Trek and so on) So i just want you to stay open minded.
    3. We just had many ideas about this setting for years ago. We always loved the Star Trek universe and thought it would be nice to develop a world and assets with both medieval, future and destroyed post-apocalyptic elements. Now, this is what we do.
    4. We didn't want to make this game eight years ago. We just had ideas about it. This is a big difference!
    5. Elex changed the world in many ways all the years after the catastrophe. Flora and fauna changed, mutants evolved and Elex is a mighty thing, that is wanted by everyone. So there will be very many things you can do with Elex. There will also be different aggregate states of it, and you can use, consume and process it. I think there will be more examples during the gamescom.

Kind Regards,
    Jenny
    Jenny PB ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren
    Well, I sure wish people were more active with questions on this forum, but hopefully the info from Gamescom has stirred up new curiosity.

I have basically one question for now.

1. We've heard so far that all the factions have unique motivations and an ideal for a perfect world. But this is starting to sound a lot like Gothic 3, where the story is just a matter of choosing a faction who you want to take over the world. So my question is,
    Is there a broader global conflict that develops over the course of the story? Something that threatens the world and all four factions, and you as a player have to organize a solution to?

2. If so, will your choice of faction change the outcome of the story, and/or your choices in terms of completing quests?
    YouTube channel for Let's Plays and shenanigans: https://www.youtube.com/c/Morgannin
    Morgannin09 ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Grimmwulf
    I believe you've stated that the protagonist will gain humanity based on emotional behaviour, and lose humanity based on cold machine-like behaviour.

If so, can you confirm if 'humanity' includes the full spectrum of emotions? In other words, that a character who is being wrathful, vengeful, proud, and ambitious wouldn't lose humanity? Those are all central parts of being human, after all. Sylvio and Bullco were very human.

Most of all I don't want to lose humanity by making responsible decisions involving sacrifice for the greater good, or gain humanity by making irresponsible feel-good decisions.

Otto von Bismarck = higher quality human than random hippies
    Das war's mit dir, du Mistvieh!
    Verdammte Enten!
    Grimmwulf ist offline Geändert von Grimmwulf (12.08.2015 um 19:23 Uhr)

6. #6 Zitieren
    Hello everyone,
    i'm back now and ready to answer your questions. I hope you like what you can read about our game so far.

Zitat Zitat von Morgannin09 Beitrag anzeigen
    Well, I sure wish people were more active with questions on this forum, but hopefully the info from Gamescom has stirred up new curiosity.

I have basically one question for now.

1. We've heard so far that all the factions have unique motivations and an ideal for a perfect world. But this is starting to sound a lot like Gothic 3, where the story is just a matter of choosing a faction who you want to take over the world. So my question is,
    Is there a broader global conflict that develops over the course of the story? Something that threatens the world and all four factions, and you as a player have to organize a solution to?

2. If so, will your choice of faction change the outcome of the story, and/or your choices in terms of completing quests?
    1. Yes, indeed. There's more background about the player himself, the world and the factions. But i won't tell you much more about the background of the story, because it should be one of your reasons to explore the world, of course.
    2. Yes. The Story will definitely not be like Gothic 3.

Zitat Zitat von Grimmwulf Beitrag anzeigen
    I believe you've stated that the protagonist will gain humanity based on emotional behaviour, and lose humanity based on cold machine-like behaviour.

If so, can you confirm if 'humanity' includes the full spectrum of emotions? In other words, that a character who is being wrathful, vengeful, proud, and ambitious wouldn't lose humanity? Those are all central parts of being human, after all. Sylvio and Bullco were very human.

Most of all I don't want to lose humanity by making responsible decisions involving sacrifice for the greater good, or gain humanity by making irresponsible feel-good decisions.

Otto von Bismarck = higher quality human than random hippies
    You're right. And we hope that makes more fun than just Good against Evil. If you choose to be emotional you can also be bad and make an angry choice for example and if you choose to be rational, it could also be good for someone. We're very curios to see how do you want to play the game.

Kind Regards,
    Jenny
    Jenny PB ist offline

7. #7 Zitieren
    Warrior
    1. Is there any purpose of gaining/losing humanity besides joining certain factions?

2. Does a certain level of humanity limit/extend the available dialogue options?
    rotator ist offline

8. #8 Zitieren
    Hello,

Zitat Zitat von rotator Beitrag anzeigen
    1. Is there any purpose of gaining/losing humanity besides joining certain factions?

2. Does a certain level of humanity limit/extend the available dialogue options?
    1. Yes, it should have an impact on factions, reactions of NPCs, dialogues, partymembers and
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    the end.

2. No, it is a moral choice to go the cold or the human way. So your humanity can change the reactions of others, but it is to you to find your own way.

Kind Regards
    Jenny PB ist offline

9. #9 Zitieren
    Just arrived Avatar von Onarsfarm
    Hey this is mostly questions regarding the playable character in the game;
    1. Is the players characters name "Nameless Hero" ?
    2. How much experience and equipment do you have from the very start of the game ?
    3. Will you be able to sleep ? - restore HP ?
    and;
    4. How is the open world restricted from the player to go outside the world map since you can travel everywhere with a jetpack on your back ?, (is there like an big invisible wall or an magic barrier of sort).
    Onarsfarm ist offline

10. #10 Zitieren
    Hello,

Zitat Zitat von Onarsfarm Beitrag anzeigen
    Hey this is mostly questions regarding the playable character in the game;
    1. Is the players characters name "Nameless Hero" ?
    2. How much experience and equipment do you have from the very start of the game ?
    3. Will you be able to sleep ? - restore HP ?
    and;
    4. How is the open world restricted from the player to go outside the world map since you can travel everywhere with a jetpack on your back ?, (is there like an big invisible wall or an magic barrier of sort).
    1. No, he has got a name.
    2. He has lost his magical powers (based on Elex) and his equipment in the beginning, but i don't want to tell much more about the first scenes. You should play it by yourself, i think.
    3. Yes.
    4. There will be different restrictions, the ocean (you can swim but not reach another continent), high mountains (The jetpack cannot raise permanently), magical or electrical barriers, contaminated zones and other things, due to the part of the world.

Kind Regards,
    Jenny
    Jenny PB ist offline

11. #11 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Grimmwulf
    Will Jack have an Elex-powered lighthouse?
    Das war's mit dir, du Mistvieh!
    Verdammte Enten!
    Grimmwulf ist offline

12. #12 Zitieren
    Lehrling
    Would we be able to play with all fractions or would there be fractions (like Bandits in gothic) that can not be played?

Sorry if my english is bad, I hope you understand

mar0815
    mar0815 ist offline

13. #13 Zitieren
    Hello again,

Zitat Zitat von Grimmwulf Beitrag anzeigen
    Will Jack have an Elex-powered lighthouse?
    I don't know what is planned, but i can't imagine an Elex-powered lighthouse.

Zitat Zitat von mar0815 Beitrag anzeigen
    Would we be able to play with all fractions or would there be fractions (like Bandits in gothic) that can not be played?

Sorry if my english is bad, I hope you understand

mar0815
    There will be hostlie factions in the world, too.

Kind Regards,
    Jenny
    Jenny PB ist offline

14. #14 Zitieren
    Abenteurer Avatar von Bytman
    Hello everyone. Translation using Google Translator so do not judge strictly. I have a few questions:
    1. Whether any NPC just go around the world? Any units, for example, the same caravan. It would be cool, I think, on the road to meet any hawker or just an interesting character with whom you can about something interesting to talk, discuss world events as they occur. At what would be cool to him from time to time encounter in unexpected places. It just goes down the path, it is with someone talking, he campfire somewhere sitting, he drank in the tavern.
    2. What about artificial intelligence? Will the enemies trying to attack us on the flank, dodge bullets and otherwise aktivnichat?
    3. Rising through the ranks fraction is independent of the main quest?
    4. Will there be different climates, different environmental conditions (snow in the snow-covered mountains, a sandstorm in the desert)?
    5. What will deal outlaw? What kind of quest will be for them?
    Bytman ist offline

15. #15 Zitieren
    Moderator Avatar von Ametistys
    It would be cool!
    Ametistys ist offline

16. #16 Zitieren
    Hello,

Zitat Zitat von Bytman Beitrag anzeigen
    Hello everyone. Translation using Google Translator so do not judge strictly. I have a few questions:
    1. Whether any NPC just go around the world? Any units, for example, the same caravan. It would be cool, I think, on the road to meet any hawker or just an interesting character with whom you can about something interesting to talk, discuss world events as they occur. At what would be cool to him from time to time encounter in unexpected places. It just goes down the path, it is with someone talking, he campfire somewhere sitting, he drank in the tavern.
    2. What about artificial intelligence? Will the enemies trying to attack us on the flank, dodge bullets and otherwise aktivnichat?
    3. Rising through the ranks fraction is independent of the main quest?
    4. Will there be different climates, different environmental conditions (snow in the snow-covered mountains, a sandstorm in the desert)?
    5. What will deal outlaw? What kind of quest will be for them?
    1. There are npcs that change there positions or walk to other places, but there will be no generic npcs that appear random in the world.
    2. It will be no shooter, but there will be an ai, of course. At the moment we didn't finished it so i can't say much about it.
    3. It is planned that you have to join a faction, but what rank you will reach is up to you.
    4. Yes.
    5. The outlaws will be worse and more anarchistic like the others, i think. They are like raiders in the world. But i don't want to spoiler any quests.

I hope you all will have a nice week.

Kind Regards,
    Jenny
    Jenny PB ist offline

17. #17 Zitieren
    Lehrling
    Hello,

I'm using pons translator so please don't look for the right grammar.

Will there be in Elex only provisions like in Risen 2 or will there be different kinds of Food?

Greetings Mar0815
    mar0815 ist offline

18. #18 Zitieren
    Hallo,

Zitat Zitat von mar0815 Beitrag anzeigen
    Hello,

I'm using pons translator so please don't look for the right grammar.

Will there be in Elex only provisions like in Risen 2 or will there be different kinds of Food?

Greetings Mar0815
    At the moment different kinds of food are planned. But the decision will not be final till tuning and QA are finished.

Kind Regards
    Jenny PB ist offline

19. #19 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von The Ore Baron
    How's it going?
    Any estimate on when we can expect some tangible information about ELEX?
    The Ore Baron ist offline

20. #20 Zitieren
    Hello,

Zitat Zitat von The Ore Baron Beitrag anzeigen
    How's it going?
    Any estimate on when we can expect some tangible information about ELEX?
    At the moment we're working hard at many things, so we're in the middle of production. (Writing dialogues, implementing quests, integrate animations, objects, weather, crafting, sounds, music and other assets, polishing fighting system, lightning, animations and much more...) Of course we will tell and show you more about the game, when some things are finished. During the year and at some conventions it is planned to show you a trailer and our ingame progress. But as you can imagine there's just one chance to make a first good impression, so we have to continue working at the game first.

Kind Regards,
    Jenny
    Jenny PB ist offline

Seite 1 von 5 12345 Letzte »