Seite 3 von 5 « Erste 12345 Letzte »
Ergebnis 41 bis 60 von 81
  1. #41 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von Morgannin09
    So I've read in several sources, including one of Jenny's comments, that the story will be open-ended and you can continue to play after the credits.
    How different will the game world be after the end of the story? Will there be any new content, such as quests, that show up after the main conflict ends? Will certain quests disappear if not completed before the "ending?"
    YouTube channel for Let's Plays and shenanigans: https://www.youtube.com/c/Morgannin
    Morgannin09 ist offline

2. #42 Zitieren

Piranha-Bytes
    Zitat Zitat von The Ore Baron Beitrag anzeigen
    Where can I get this mug?
    Break into our premises and plunder the cupboard in the kitchen. Beware of the guards and the dog, tho

But earnestly, these are issued to all Piranhas working here. In German military jargon this would be "StAN materiel". They're also personalized, the name is what's on the other side.
    Michael Rüve ist offline

3. #43 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    What is you engine called? How should we refer to it when we talk about it?
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

4. #44 Zitieren
    Kämpferin Avatar von Jenny PB
    Hello everyone,

Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    Amazing news!

Is he just a translator, or also one of the lead writers?

Any chance you might get Lena Headey back for Elex?

Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    We are writing the story in German and afterwards it gets translated into English. Andrew overwrites the English texts afterwards to take care of believable content and humor.

We don't know, who will be available for the English casting, yet.

Hey, Jenny!

Any chance ELEX will have, besides sunny and rainy weather, a fog weather setting as well?

Of course, foggy weather zones are already in the game.

Zitat Zitat von rivariad Beitrag anzeigen
    Hello PB,

I've seen healthbars above npc's heads on combat mode, while i was watching your latest gameplay video. Comparing to your old games, where the healthbars were sticked to the upper end of your screen, i'm finding this new practice very distracting and mmoish frankly. For the sake of immersion, can you guys at least make an option to not close it, but make it seem like it used to be (at the upper side of the screen) ?

This is seriously the only thing that can bother me and supposedly a couple of people who likes simple screens.

Elex gameplay

Gothic reference

Thanks!
    We're still working at the GUI and we'll keep in mind, to make it more unobtrusive to create a good relation between immersion and feedback for the player. After some more tests we will know, what works best.

Zitat Zitat von Morgannin09 Beitrag anzeigen
    So I've read in several sources, including one of Jenny's comments, that the story will be open-ended and you can continue to play after the credits.
    How different will the game world be after the end of the story? Will there be any new content, such as quests, that show up after the main conflict ends? Will certain quests disappear if not completed before the "ending?"
    After the ending you can see consequences of some choices, play quests and find more information and enemies, for example.

What is you engine called? How should we refer to it when we talk about it?
    We improve our engine every project, so call it Elex engine, if you want to name it.

Kind regards
    Jenny PB ist offline

5. #45 Zitieren
    Schwertmeister Avatar von Ska-Ara
    I have a smart Problem with the Risen Sage.

I playd and finished all 3 games. But i didnt feel something like an real end.
    f.e. in gothic 3.. the hero banned the gods from the world.. and left the "normal sphere". so he end the war in myrthana and everything seems to be "ok".

in risen.. i killed some Titenlords.. and some titans.. but after finishing risen 3.. i did not see that i finished something. I just killed some enemys.. and the wars over the world are still happening.

So my question.. is the overall story more then our two heros.. or did i just dont get the point of the story?
    Ska-Ara ist offline

6. #46 Zitieren
    Story related question caused by some confusion.
    The Elex website says that Abessa and the Dome City are the "melting pots" of the "free people," while the representative during the Gamescom public demo said that the city was controlled by the Clerics. Which is true, and will this city change hands depending on the player's actions in the story?

And a gameplay related question:
    How different can weapons be? In the demo we saw a flaming sword that can ignite foes, but what makes things like the chainsaw sword special, for example?
    YouTube channel for Let's Plays and shenanigans: https://www.youtube.com/c/Morgannin
    Morgannin09 ist offline Geändert von Morgannin09 (28.08.2016 um 02:19 Uhr)

7. #47 Zitieren
    Hello everyone,

Zitat Zitat von Ska-Ara Beitrag anzeigen
    I have a smart Problem with the Risen Sage.

I playd and finished all 3 games. But i didnt feel something like an real end.
    f.e. in gothic 3.. the hero banned the gods from the world.. and left the "normal sphere". so he end the war in myrthana and everything seems to be "ok".

in risen.. i killed some Titenlords.. and some titans.. but after finishing risen 3.. i did not see that i finished something. I just killed some enemys.. and the wars over the world are still happening.

So my question.. is the overall story more then our two heros.. or did i just dont get the point of the story?
    In the Risen series you restrained or killed different Titanlords and Titans. So parts of the world can recover now, but we didn't want to close the book of the story as hard as we did in Gothic 3. (We don't know if there will be a sequel, because we're working at ELEX now and the Risen brand rests with Deep Silver).

In the current project we focus on telling a more personal story besides the problems of the world.

Story related question caused by some confusion.
    The Elex website says that Abessa and the Dome City are the "melting pots" of the "free people," while the representative during the Gamescom public demo said that the city was controlled by the Clerics. Which is true, and will this city change hands depending on the player's actions in the story?

And a gameplay related question:
    How different can weapons be? In the demo we saw a flaming sword that can ignite foes, but what makes things like the chainsaw sword special, for example?
    1. Abessa city is inhabited by different people, that belong to different factions or no faction. At the moment some clerics control the administration, but yes, they have many different problems...

2. A Chainsword has the property "bleeding", for example. So enemies have different strengths and weaknesses and weapons have different properties, that you can see in your Quickslot or Inventory. You can also modify, enchant or enhance your weapons with different properties or use different munition types for ranged weapons, for example.

Kind regards,
    Jenny
    Jenny PB ist offline

8. #48 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von The Ore Baron
    Zitat Zitat von Jenny PB Beitrag anzeigen
    the Risen brand rests with Deep Silver
    Interesting. So it's possible that Risen 4 will be developed by a different team, like it happened with Arcania?
    The Ore Baron ist offline

9. #49 Zitieren
    Hello,

Zitat Zitat von The Ore Baron Beitrag anzeigen
    Interesting. So it's possible that Risen 4 will be developed by a different team, like it happened with Arcania?
    I would be surprised, to be honest. But yes, Risen is not our brand.

Kind regards,
    Jenny
    Jenny PB ist offline

10. #50 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von SlamDunk
    Regarding this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lncucu6CmYQ

I've never liked the off-center "over-the-shoulder" third-person player character view that plagues so many games, these days. So, will there be an option to play with the traditional view that has the player character placed at the middle?
    SlamDunk ist offline Geändert von SlamDunk (16.11.2016 um 10:20 Uhr)

11. #51 Zitieren
    You made it clear in the past that being caught stealing will create a bounty on the player with whatever faction you stole from, but in the gameplay videos we see the player stealing from small groups of NPC's in the wilderness without consequence.
    Will this change, as in lone NPC's or small, faction-less groups, will get angry at you for opening their chests and taking stuff off of their tables and shelves, for example?

I've also noticed that enemies, such as the Albs, do not seem to know what to do if the player gets in melee range. They seem to holster their gun and just stand there.
    What is your plan, currently, for when NPC's are caught in melee when they only have a firearm? Do they bash you with their gun, backpedal and shoot, or will all NPC's carry a backup sword or axe or something?

It still looks like guns are fairly overpowered, and it seems easy to run away from a melee fighter or just jetpack up, hover, and shoot at them. Also it looks really easy to run away from enemies in general.
    Will enemies have a more aggressive response to players who run or use firearms?
    I personally think it makes more sense that enemies will sprint after the player if he tries to retreat or use guns, since right now they seem to struggle to keep up with the player a lot.
    Morgannin09 ist offline Geändert von Morgannin09 (22.10.2016 um 23:06 Uhr) Grund: Wrong font color

12. #52 Zitieren
    Hello,

Zitat Zitat von SlamDunk Beitrag anzeigen
    Regarding this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lncucu6CmYQ

I've never liked the off-center "over-the-shoulder" third-person player character view that plagues so many games, these days. So, will there be an option to play with the traditional view that has the player character placed at the middle?
    It isn't finished at all, but i think it will depend on your camera distance and fighting mode (shooting will be over shoulder).

You made it clear in the past that being caught stealing will create a bounty on the player with whatever faction you stole from, but in the gameplay videos we see the player stealing from small groups of NPC's in the wilderness without consequence.
    Will this change, as in lone NPC's or small, faction-less groups, will get angry at you for opening their chests and taking stuff off of their tables and shelves, for example?

I've also noticed that enemies, such as the Albs, do not seem to know what to do if the player gets in melee range. They seem to holster their gun and just stand there.
    What is your plan, currently, for when NPC's are caught in melee when they only have a firearm? Do they bash you with their gun, backpedal and shoot, or will all NPC's carry a backup sword or axe or something?

It still looks like guns are fairly overpowered, and it seems easy to run away from a melee fighter or just jetpack up, hover, and shoot at them. Also it looks really easy to run away from enemies in general.
    Will enemies have a more aggressive response to players who run or use firearms?
    I personally think it makes more sense that enemies will sprint after the player if he tries to retreat or use guns, since right now they seem to struggle to keep up with the player a lot.
    It depends on the location. So we can choose, if there will be "forbidden" zones or not. If you are in a not fobidden room, like a bar, for example, you can take everything and if you enter forbidden areas, that belong to someone, NPCs will be angry, if you take something.
    Besides this, there will also be a punishing system in towns, so if somebody sees you doing a crime, he runs to the boss and tells it. Afterwards you can get different kinds of punishments, that depend on your crime.

Yes indeed, the AI isn't finished, yet. At the moment melee and ranged fighting works and now we can add more different kinds of behaviour and AI features to make it more fun and challenging. Besides that we can decide, which melee and ranged weapons can be used by enemies and if they can also use a jetpack, for example.

We will concentrate on tuning in the next step, after content complete. There will also be more enemies (even creatures) that can spit or throw something, for example.

Have a nice day,
    best regards,
    Jenny
    Jenny PB ist offline

13. #53 Zitieren
    Neuling Avatar von Miyagi
    Hallo, I will probably make the Nintendo Switch my platform of choice next year. Could you port ELEX to it? Thanks
    Miyagi ist offline

14. #54 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Forward
    any plans to work on the animation? this one seem like a deal breaker for me, has anyone asked this? couldn't find it.
    Forward ist offline Geändert von Forward (26.12.2016 um 16:44 Uhr)

15. #55 Zitieren
    Hey everybody,

we wish you a happy new year and hope you are all fine.

Zitat Zitat von Miyagi Beitrag anzeigen
    Hallo, I will probably make the Nintendo Switch my platform of choice next year. Could you port ELEX to it? Thanks
    At the moment we still focus on PC, XBox One and PS4.
    But of course i'm also curious about the Nintendo Switch.

Zitat Zitat von Forward Beitrag anzeigen
    any plans to work on the animation? this one seem like a deal breaker for me, has anyone asked this? couldn't find it.
    As you hopefully saw in the latest videos, we're still working at animations and AI. What we want to do, is that the character reacts directly and follows the players controls, this already works fine. Now we can focus on tuning and polishing.

Best regards,
    Jenny
    Jenny PB ist offline

16. #56 Zitieren
    Apprentice
    Have a query regarding gamepad configuration.

With Risen 3 (played Risen 2 with K&M), the default configuration was highly anti-intuitive. Whoever came up with this layout, seems never to have bothered to test it out first, and/or wasn't a gamer. I ended up circumnavigating the clunky gamepad config with 3rd party software.

I don't see why the convention with default gamepad configurations is that they cannot be edited as is the case with kayboard and mouse functions. Many games have fully reconfigurable gamepad inputs these days, BF1, Fallout 4......well, at least those two games do.

Are PB going to include reconfigurable gamepad inputs for those of us who have shifted their PCs into the front room and now game on big TV?

(not to mention console owners who had no choice but to play with the terrible defaults for the Risen games)
    MatDerKater ist offline

17. #57 Zitieren
    Knight Commander Avatar von Bamfy
    Elex is set in stone so to say, but would you dare to challenge yourselves for the next game that you would do?

This is said from a long time fan that grew more and more skeptical with every game you released after NOTR. I am sorry but your games just feel lazy.

The features you add(which are few) just don't add up for the rest. The animations and graphics are 10 years old but that would be ok, if your games would at least have a good atmosphere and be memorable but I don't remember anything from the Risen series except for inquisitor Mendoza that was cool as hell but had to die from game 1.

Take this as a bunch of ambitious devs and pull your shit together.
    Bamfy ist offline

18. #58 Zitieren
    Spoilering these next couple for anyone who is choosing not to watch the latest videos.

1. How is it possible that Jax's military glider was disabled by just a few potshots from what seems like a fairly standard rifle? Considering these weapons are probably widely available, the profession of Alb pilot must have a high turnover, or a lot of hazard pay...
    2. I need some clarification on what exactly Elex withdrawal results in.Jax seemed fairly straightforward in his understanding of what's happening to him and clearly doesn't want it, but immediately sets about getting vengeance on his betrayer. I initially came to believe that he would experience some sort of confusion or amnesia, as well as emotional overload once his last fix wore off, but the extent of his reaction seems to be "Hmm, I'm pretty pissed off." For that matter, how does Kallax's betrayal make sense in this context? I thought the Albs were supposed to be cold and emotionless. Ambition, pride and betrayal sound too 'human' for people that are basically supposed to operate like machines.

Morgannin09 ist offline Geändert von Morgannin09 (01.05.2017 um 02:06 Uhr)

19. #59 Zitieren
    Hi everyone,

now, that we're finishing the game, we're very busy, so it's not that easy to answer early, but we still try to answer every question.

Zitat Zitat von MatDerKater Beitrag anzeigen
    Have a query regarding gamepad configuration.

With Risen 3 (played Risen 2 with K&M), the default configuration was highly anti-intuitive. Whoever came up with this layout, seems never to have bothered to test it out first, and/or wasn't a gamer. I ended up circumnavigating the clunky gamepad config with 3rd party software.

I don't see why the convention with default gamepad configurations is that they cannot be edited as is the case with kayboard and mouse functions. Many games have fully reconfigurable gamepad inputs these days, BF1, Fallout 4......well, at least those two games do.

Are PB going to include reconfigurable gamepad inputs for those of us who have shifted their PCs into the front room and now game on big TV?

(not to mention console owners who had no choice but to play with the terrible defaults for the Risen games)
    I hope, that you like the new configuration more. I think it will be like most games, in the options you can change everything at mouse and keyboard and change x and y and speed at the controller.

Zitat Zitat von Bamfy Beitrag anzeigen
    Elex is set in stone so to say, but would you dare to challenge yourselves for the next game that you would do?

This is said from a long time fan that grew more and more skeptical with every game you released after NOTR. I am sorry but your games just feel lazy.

The features you add(which are few) just don't add up for the rest. The animations and graphics are 10 years old but that would be ok, if your games would at least have a good atmosphere and be memorable but I don't remember anything from the Risen series except for inquisitor Mendoza that was cool as hell but had to die from game 1.

Take this as a bunch of ambitious devs and pull your shit together.
    I'm sorry, that you dislike the Risen series. I don't know if you will like Elex, but you can get an idea of it in the latest preview (with subtitles) at youtube (gronkh). More stuff will follow soon (also english stuff). I think we changed more than a few features, but in the end it is up to you, to decide, if you like it.

Spoilering these next couple for anyone who is choosing not to watch the latest videos.

1. How is it possible that Jax's military glider was disabled by just a few potshots from what seems like a fairly standard rifle? Considering these weapons are probably widely available, the profession of Alb pilot must have a high turnover, or a lot of hazard pay...
    2. I need some clarification on what exactly Elex withdrawal results in.Jax seemed fairly straightforward in his understanding of what's happening to him and clearly doesn't want it, but immediately sets about getting vengeance on his betrayer. I initially came to believe that he would experience some sort of confusion or amnesia, as well as emotional overload once his last fix wore off, but the extent of his reaction seems to be "Hmm, I'm pretty pissed off." For that matter, how does Kallax's betrayal make sense in this context? I thought the Albs were supposed to be cold and emotionless. Ambition, pride and betrayal sound too 'human' for people that are basically supposed to operate like machines.

1. This is something you will find out during the main story.
    2. Yes, indeed. So usually Jaxs reaction wouldn't be emotional. But he has emotions the first time in his life. He remembers his past, but he feels angry and confused. He cannot go back to the Albs, but he wants to. So his former enemies could help him now. And it is up to you what he will become. [Akira explains more about it in the game, for example]

Have a nice day,
    best regards,
    Jenny
    Jenny PB ist offline

20. #60 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von The Ore Baron
    Any chance of an August release?
    The Ore Baron ist offline

Seite 3 von 5 « Erste 12345 Letzte »