Seite 2 von 5 « Erste 12345 Letzte »
Ergebnis 21 bis 40 von 81
  1. #21 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von Morgannin09
    Been reading through some of the preview articles again just to refresh my memory, and it brought up a new question that I had been meaning to ask (someone else may have already, who knows).

Will Elex "withdrawal" be a thing in the game?You have likened the substance to a drug that people can become dependent on, and it made me wonder if there will be gameplay effects from using it then going for long periods without it, or even in the intro when your character comes down from it after abusing it for so long. It's a chance for an interesting gameplay mechanic, in my opinion, and I was wondering if it was something that crossed your minds or even made it into development or planning.
    YouTube channel for Let's Plays and shenanigans: https://www.youtube.com/c/Morgannin
    Morgannin09 ist offline Geändert von Morgannin09 (16.02.2016 um 13:01 Uhr)

2. #22 Zitieren
    Kämpferin Avatar von Jenny PB
    Hello,

Zitat Zitat von Morgannin09 Beitrag anzeigen
    Been reading through some of the preview articles again just to refresh my memory, and it brought up a new question that I had been meaning to ask (someone else may have already, who knows).

Will Elex "withdrawal" be a thing in the game?You have likened the substance to a drug that people can become dependent on, and it made me wonder if there will be gameplay effects from using it then going for long periods without it, or even in the intro when your character comes down from it after abusing it for so long. It's a chance for an interesting gameplay mechanic, in my opinion, and I was wondering if it was something that crossed your minds or even made it into development or planning.

It will more be a philosophical question. Everyone wants to get ELEX because of its abilities. If people consume it for a long time they become mutants or they become unemotional, but have magical powers, like the albs.
    The player looses his powers in the beginning of the game and has to choose a faction of his former enemies, the free people of magalan. So you can choose the way you want to go, because you will have emotions now.
    You can choose to act like you know it, rational, cold and reasonable or you can choose to act human and emotional. Both can be good or bad.
    Besides that, Elex can be changed into Mana (at the berserkers), Stims (at the outlwas) or used for technical weapons (at the clerics). This means your decsions will have an impact of your character and the consequenses in the game.

Have a nice weekend and kind regards,
    Jenny
    Jenny PB ist offline

3. #23 Zitieren
    Waldläufer Avatar von iab
    I have being reading the Gothic Lost Legend [Chapter 1 and Chapter 2] by Sinsitra.

It really rouses my old memory of Gothic, and i have a few questions for ELEX and Gothic...

ELEX
    1. What is your opinion about the fighting system in ELEX? i mean, a well balanced combination of sword, magic and energy weapon is a very tough project to deveop. Any one of them involves different tactics in gameplay. How to realize a playable and interesting overall fighting system?
    2. Will the character be able to level up?
    3. Can we have a magic system with more diversity than in Risen? Diversity not only in visualization, but also in damage, effect and upgrading-ability (or customizable-ability)?

Gothic (This is more of suggestion than question.)
    1. Assuming one day a remake of Gothic 1/2 or a prequel is made, it would be great if we can upgrade the summon skeleton spell to summon shadow lord (the heavily armored skeleton warrior in G2). The later one is a competitor of the summon demon spell. A demon is stronger and tougher, but slower in action. Conversely, a shadow lord is relatively more agile and has higher level of fighting skills.
    2. We should also be able to upgrade other spells as well. For example, upgrading summon demon to summon demon lord, upgrading the fighting skill & number of skeletons in the army of drakness spell, and we can specifically enhance some attributes of the summoned demon/skeleton as in Geneforge.

Best!
    iab ist offline Geändert von iab (06.04.2016 um 08:18 Uhr)

4. #24 Zitieren

Metasyntaktische Variable
    Zitat Zitat von iab Beitrag anzeigen
    It really rouses my old memory of Gothic, and i have a few questions for ELEX and Gothic...
    Moved from World of Risen because it fits better here.
    foobar ist gerade online

5. #25 Zitieren
    Hello,

Zitat Zitat von iab Beitrag anzeigen
    I have being reading the Gothic Lost Legend [Chapter 1 and Chapter 2] by Sinsitra.

ELEX
    1. What is your opinion about the fighting system in ELEX? i mean, a well balanced combination of sword, magic and energy weapon is a very tough project to deveop. Any one of them involves different tactics in gameplay. How to realize a playable and interesting overall fighting system?
    2. Will the character be able to level up?
    3. Can we have a magic system with more diversity than in Risen? Diversity not only in visualization, but also in damage, effect and upgrading-ability (or customizable-ability)?

Gothic (This is more of suggestion than question.)
    1. Assuming one day a remake of Gothic 1/2 or a prequel is made, it would be great if we can upgrade the summon skeleton spell to summon shadow lord (the heavily armored skeleton warrior in G2). The later one is a competitor of the summon demon spell. A demon is stronger and tougher, but slower in action. Conversely, a shadow lord is relatively more agile and has higher level of fighting skills.
    2. We should also be able to upgrade other spells as well. For example, upgrading summon demon to summon demon lord, upgrading the fighting skill & number of skeletons in the army of drakness spell, and we can specifically enhance some attributes of the summoned demon/skeleton as in Geneforge.

Best!
    Thanks foobar.

1. What’s special this time is that ELEX is all about contrasts. Science vs Fantasy, magic vs laser rifles, logic vs emotions. And so we want to create a fighting system, that is more flexible. The player has many different kinds of weapons and possibilities to defeat enemies and we want him to choose his own way and tactics. It is a question of tuning and polishing, that the different fighting modes fit together, so we already started testing sessions to get the right balance.

2. Yes. With every new level you get learning points to change them into skills at teachers.

3. ELEX will have a completely new magic system, of course. There are many different kinds of spells planned, but i can't say what will be in the game in the end, because we're working at it at the moment. Probably there will be more news about magic during the summer.

4. Upgrades are usually also a question of tuning.
    There are very very many ideas, wishes and requirements we get from fans for a new gothic (via e-mail, FB, Twitter, mail etc.). We don't think that we can fulfill all these expectations at the moment, so a new gohtic is currently not planned. But who knows what will be in future...

Kind Regards,
    Jenny
    Jenny PB ist offline

6. #26 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von Morgannin09
    I'm basing this question off the FaceBook page's latest post: "Most of the world of Magalan is still destroyed after the meteorstrike. But in Edan nature prevails."

Assuming "Magalan" is the entire planet, is "Edan" essentially the only inhabitable continent left on the planet? Or is Edan just a part of the playable game world?
    YouTube channel for Let's Plays and shenanigans: https://www.youtube.com/c/Morgannin
    Morgannin09 ist offline Geändert von Morgannin09 (20.04.2016 um 08:07 Uhr)

7. #27 Zitieren
    Hello,

Zitat Zitat von Morgannin09 Beitrag anzeigen
    I'm basing this question off the FaceBook page's latest post: "Most of the world of Magalan is still destroyed after the meteorstrike. But in Edan nature prevails."

Assuming "Magalan" is the entire planet, is "Edan" essentially the only inhabitable continent left on the planet? Or is Edan just a part of the playable game world?
    You are right Magalan is the whole world and Edan is one of five different countrys. But everything will be in the huge world. You don't have to load if you want to enter another climezone or indoor locations. You can have a first look at this, if you see the screenshot, that will be announced at our facebook page this afternoon.

Kind Regards,
    Jenny
    Jenny PB ist offline

8. #28 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von Dez
    I'm really excited of the various themes you're using. Post apocalyptic scifi fantasy. This should really allow you guys to get creative.

I recall reading rumors about various kind of scifi weaponry in elex, but what about melee weapons? Are there going to be advanced melee weapons as well like "laser swords" or weapons forged of advanced materials like some type of meteorite ? :-)

Since we're exploring a post apocalyptic world, I'm wondering how advanced this civilization was. Did they for example study artifical intelligence before the world collapsed ? If yes maybe there could be some closed bunker where the old a.i is stil active.

What about implants (like in Fallout new vegas or Knights of the old republic) that allow player to augment his stats / abilities with installing cybernetic implants ?
    Dez ist offline Geändert von Dez (04.05.2016 um 01:05 Uhr)

9. #29 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Hey, Jenny!

Any news on mod support?
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

10. #30 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von The Ore Baron
    I'm concerned about the fact that several pieces of artwork are showing capes and hoods, but none of the screenshots do.
    Are equippable capes and hoods planned to be to implemented in the final version of the game?
    If so, will they be an optional equip, or part of the available armour sets?

Thank you.
    The Ore Baron ist offline

11. #31 Zitieren
    Warrior
    Are you still using Speedtree? The trees in the background on this screenshot look pretty advanced.
    rotator ist offline

12. #32 Zitieren
    Neuling
    Hi guys,

1. Will Elex have Dungeons with complex tasks/riddles/summons that needs to be solved/done to enter them?
    (For example like the temple of adanos in Gothic 2)

2. Will there be a possibility to costumize swords and other weapons with a kind of magical/technical inlay to increase the damage/efficiency against special groups of enemies?
    (for example electric shocks against creatures living in wet enviroments and enemies with technical equipment, blessing spells against undead enemies,...)

3. Does Elex have nuclear/biological/chemical weapons aside of elex itself? I think it would fit perfectly into this morally questionable use of weapons/drugs.

4. Are there any features/ideas/aspects of older piranha bytes games that were not in Risen 3 which you want to insert in elex?

5. Are there any features/ideas/aspects you have seen in other games that inspired you and you want to deal with in elex?
    (Fall Out, Dragen Age, The Witcher, The Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect...)

6. Perhabs a bit early but do you plan addons for elex?

Please excuse any kind of mistakes and my curiosity.[Bild: icon_02.gif]
    I wish you that you successfully finalize your game. I can't wait to see first gameplay materials.
    greetings
    McSky
    McSky ist offline

13. #33 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Hey, how are the preparations for RPC going? Anyway.

Will there be strong female characters in Elex? Will they interact with each other? And I don't mean in a Patty way, but more of a Daenerys way
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline Geändert von Maladiq (16.05.2016 um 08:26 Uhr)

14. #34 Zitieren
    Hello everyone,

at the moment we're very busy with preparations for several conventions. Last week we were at the Roleplay Convention in Cologne and next week we will visit the E3 in LA. So during this year you will have the opportunity to have a look at the progress of our development and we hope you will like it.

Zitat Zitat von Dez Beitrag anzeigen
    I'm really excited of the various themes you're using. Post apocalyptic scifi fantasy. This should really allow you guys to get creative.

I recall reading rumors about various kind of scifi weaponry in elex, but what about melee weapons? Are there going to be advanced melee weapons as well like "laser swords" or weapons forged of advanced materials like some type of meteorite ? :-)

Since we're exploring a post apocalyptic world, I'm wondering how advanced this civilization was. Did they for example study artifical intelligence before the world collapsed ? If yes maybe there could be some closed bunker where the old a.i is stil active.

What about implants (like in Fallout new vegas or Knights of the old republic) that allow player to augment his stats / abilities with installing cybernetic implants ?
    1. You will be able to enchant and modify your weapons. Due to the faction, there will be more technical or classical melee weapons.

2. You can imagine the old world was once similar to ours today. You can find more information about it when you explore the world.

Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    Hey, Jenny!

Any news on mod support?
    At the moment we've got no recources for mod support or even creating a modkit.

Zitat Zitat von The Ore Baron Beitrag anzeigen
    I'm concerned about the fact that several pieces of artwork are showing capes and hoods, but none of the screenshots do.
    Are equippable capes and hoods planned to be to implemented in the final version of the game?
    If so, will they be an optional equip, or part of the available armour sets?

Thank you.
    Hoods are more expensive than other helmets, because of the animations and pervasion. So there are already kinds of hoods in the game, but they take longer and there will be many other helmets, too.

Zitat Zitat von rotator Beitrag anzeigen
    Are you still using Speedtree? The trees in the background on this screenshot look pretty advanced.
    Yes.

Zitat Zitat von McSky Beitrag anzeigen
    Hi guys,

1. Will Elex have Dungeons with complex tasks/riddles/summons that needs to be solved/done to enter them?
    (For example like the temple of adanos in Gothic 2)

2. Will there be a possibility to costumize swords and other weapons with a kind of magical/technical inlay to increase the damage/efficiency against special groups of enemies?
    (for example electric shocks against creatures living in wet enviroments and enemies with technical equipment, blessing spells against undead enemies,...)

3. Does Elex have nuclear/biological/chemical weapons aside of elex itself? I think it would fit perfectly into this morally questionable use of weapons/drugs.

4. Are there any features/ideas/aspects of older piranha bytes games that were not in Risen 3 which you want to insert in elex?

5. Are there any features/ideas/aspects you have seen in other games that inspired you and you want to deal with in elex?
    (Fall Out, Dragen Age, The Witcher, The Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect...)

6. Perhabs a bit early but do you plan addons for elex?

Please excuse any kind of mistakes and my curiosity.[Bild: icon_02.gif]
    I wish you that you successfully finalize your game. I can't wait to see first gameplay materials.
    greetings
    McSky
    1. There are different kinds of "dungeons" in the game, but there will be no dungeon like in the fourth chapter of Risen 1.

2. Yes, there will be the possibility to enchant or modify weapons.

3. There will be different kinds of magic, poison, damage and munition, for example, but i don't know all the different damage types, yet.

4. We had the idea to develop Elex a long time ago, so especially the modern parts couldn't be used in Risen 3. Besides that, we love to create a world with one huge continent now.

5. Yes, like audiologs, for example.

6. We don't know, yet. At the moment there's nothing planned, but we are very busy with the game itself.

Hey, how are the preparations for RPC going? Anyway.

Will there be strong female characters in Elex? Will they interact with each other? And I don't mean in a Patty way, but more of a Daenerys way
    It was a great convention. Now we're busy with the preparation for the E3.

There will be different women in the game and you can interact with them. Your possible fellows will also have their own background and missions. Maybe you find your Daenerys?

Have a nice week and kind regards,
    Jenny
    Jenny PB ist offline

15. #35 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Thanks for the answers!

Is there any chance you can get the localization team you used for Risen 1, as well as the voice actors? Risen 2 and 3 have to be some of the poorest translated and acted games in the history of gaming...
    Maladiq ist offline

16. #36 Zitieren
    Hi,

Thanks for the answers!

Is there any chance you can get the localization team you used for Risen 1, as well as the voice actors? Risen 2 and 3 have to be some of the poorest translated and acted games in the history of gaming...
    In Risen 1 Andrew S. Walsh over-worked the english translations, but he didn't work at Risen 2 or 3. In ELEX he already works at the translations, so i think it will be great.

Kind regards
    Jenny PB ist offline

17. #37 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Zitat Zitat von Jenny PB Beitrag anzeigen
    Hi,

In Risen 1 Andrew S. Walsh over-worked the english translations, but he didn't work at Risen 2 or 3. In ELEX he already works at the translations, so i think it will be great.

Kind regards
    Amazing news!

Is he just a translator, or also one of the lead writers?

Any chance you might get Lena Headey back for Elex?

Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    Maladiq ist offline

18. #38 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Hey, Jenny!

Any chance ELEX will have, besides sunny and rainy weather, a fog weather setting as well?

Maladiq ist offline

19. #39 Zitieren
    Ranger
    Hello PB,

I've seen healthbars above npc's heads on combat mode, while i was watching your latest gameplay video. Comparing to your old games, where the healthbars were sticked to the upper end of your screen, i'm finding this new practice very distracting and mmoish frankly. For the sake of immersion, can you guys at least make an option to not close it, but make it seem like it used to be (at the upper side of the screen) ?

This is seriously the only thing that can bother me and supposedly a couple of people who likes simple screens.

Elex gameplay

Gothic reference

Thanks!
    rivariad ist offline Geändert von rivariad (20.06.2016 um 10:34 Uhr)

20. #40 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von The Ore Baron
    Where can I get this mug?

[Bild: 6PqBO1N.jpg]
    The Ore Baron ist offline

Seite 2 von 5 « Erste 12345 Letzte »