Seite 2 von 2 « Erste 12
Ergebnis 21 bis 25 von 25
  1. #21 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von Morgannin09
    Zitat Zitat von The Ore Baron Beitrag anzeigen
    Anyway, nice vid. Morgannin, were you a little sick? You sounded like you have a slight cold
    I recorded this shortly after waking up on 4 hours of sleep because I would not have had any other time to do it Going to work for 12 hours afterward was not a great time...

So, basically, he have four distinct climate zones and four factions inhabiting them.
    - Bandits (New Camp / bandits) are living in an arid wasteland and seem like a bunch of cutthroats. Might be good for cannon fodder enemies, since I don't really see much reason to join them. They don't seem to be interested in doing anything to improve the world. Typical anarchist scum. I'm guessing they will trade in rare materials they've scavenged... Maybe that will be one of the reasons to even visit their realm.
    I am curious how PB makes this faction relevant in the grand scheme of things. As you said, it seems mainly like they are just exploiting the circumstances to make a profit for themselves, but in terms of their approach to the world, it sounds to me like they disavow leadership in general and just seek a future where everyone is responsible for themselves.

- Berserkers (Sect Camp / druids) seem like a bunch of manly hippies, which is a weird combination. Viking environmentalists? I appreciate them trying to bring life back to the planet, so they're cool in my books. Their anti-technology stance seem to stem from a belief that machines and technology caused the apocalypse, but we know it was caused by a meteor, so... Then again, maybe the meteor hit because of some stupid experiment by Albs? In which case, Berserkers make some sense.
    The motivation of the Berserkers sounds to me like they were a group of people who, before the disaster, probably had firm stances against the unrestricted development of technology and exploitation of the earth's resources. After the disaster, they were probably horrified at the way that the other factions immediately began using the new Elex resource to develop even more powerful and dangerous technologies and used it to subjugate mankind for their own goals, so now they are fighting for a world that rejects new technologies and instead relies on more natural evolution that works in harmony with nature.

- Clerics (Fire Mages) are my favorite faction so far, I just hope they have a paladin-like order. I think we won't be fighting much of them in the game, as they seem content with having robots fight for them. That includes the vagina drones. They also seem to be morally conservative, yet intent of making the world better through smart and responsible use of technology - that's right up my alley. Too bad I hate lava/volcano zones.
    To me, the Clerics seem like an even more aggressive version of the Inquisition from Risen and even the real-life religious Inquisitions, but with a sort of Nazi/Soviet element of propaganda and rigid prejudice. They want to dominate the planet but harshly forbid the use of Elex as a narcotic because if the people all become cold, emotionless and purely logical, it becomes harder to subjugate them through emotional exploitation and religious indoctrination.

- Albs (???) seem interesting, but I'm afraid PB will make them into very typical 'bad because bad' villains. I hope we'll be able to join them, tho... Might provide an interesting alternate plot. The whole non-emotions thing is not too appealing, either, but I can understand it from a philosophical point of view.
    The Albs interest me quite a bit. It seems pretty clear that they are going to be the principle antagonist throughout most of the game, but their cause is not wholly evil and it seems like their aim is to evolve mankind above the influence of misguided emotions to dominate a world that nearly destroyed them.

I wonder who all these faction were before the catastrophe, though. I doubt PB will have thought about that. Might be nice to see one faction that is basically remnants of he per-catastrophe government, one faction that used to form the military complex, another for businessmen, another for academia intellectuals, another for the church folk... You get the idea.
    I also wonder if maybe members of different factions will have different speech patterns, like 'son of generosity' or something. I also think it would be cool if they spoke in different accents.
    I asked about that before and Jenny said that the infrastructure of the old government is gone and the leaders deposed, but I'm hoping we do see their influence in the world. I would imagine that many of the former politicians and military leadership have probably separated to or even founded the new factions based on their own ideals and power trips, but I also think there will be other communities on a smaller scale that only look after themselves and have no allegiance to the more influential communities.
    YouTube channel for Let's Plays and shenanigans: https://www.youtube.com/c/Morgannin
    Morgannin09 ist offline

2. #22 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    I wonder how big the settlements will be? What will be the largest? And I sure hope they put in good plot twists (like the conquering of the Free Mine in G1).

Personally I would love to see a long battle against the Albs, only to realize in the end that you must join them once again in order to save humanity.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

3. #23 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von Dez
    Factions seem quite intresting. I like how different goals they all have. It looks like pbs have really given some thought here.

The bersekers intrest me the most. Ideologically not a bad set of ideals. In general, its better to live in tune with nature than to exploit it. Maybe the meteor stike was even caused by men who went too far and didn't understand the danger of some new technology or scientific experiment? And I do like how they are using ELEX substance to improve the world. Restoring world more to it's natural state seems like a noble goal to me. Though denying advanced technology altogether can have downsides ofcourse, but if using ELEX this way allows mankind to wield magic, maybe its not such a bad thing. Its a definitely a faction I'd like to explore right a way.

Imo these clerics sound a bit similar to inquisition or paladins. I doubt they value personal freedoms much. They seem to be the religious faction and a total opposite to Bersekers as they don't care about restoring the nature. In the Elex page, it says that they're followers of the god Calaan and the Clerics see the consumption of Elex in any form as a sin. Now this bit sounds quite fanatical to me. What do you think will be the punishment for such sin?

It also says on the webpage that: Instead they use Elex to power their machines. Now I wonder if these "mechs" we've seen in some pictures have humans inside or are those mechs a.i controlled? In addition it says on the webpage: "Guardians of Magalan’s technology, the Clerics put their faith in Calaan." So they see themselves as guardian's of the old world technology, but they follow certain tennets set by God Calaan. I wonder if this Calaan is a real god like Innos or whether people debate whether God even exists. Or maybe it is an old world a.i?

Outlaws. Well these are obviously the free thinkers who don't want to allign themselves with those other more political oriented factions. Basicly anarchists who want to do their own thing and not bother anyone else. Likely the "outlaw" label is set by other factions who see these people as dishonorable outcasts.

They seem to be living in the wasteland, so likely other factions wouldn't pay much attention to what they're doing. And likely its a good place to find all kinds of items to trade. I can understand their ideological stance. Other factions have all these strict rules. Outlaws sound actually quite "normal" to me. Why abandon the use of techonology altogether? Aren't there plenty of dangers like mutants and such? And they aren't religious fanatics either.

Albs. I find this faction quite fascinating. The whole idea of submitting yourself to ELEX and getting rid of emotions for greater good is not that far fetched. It is an intresting philosophical world view. They likely think that evil of the world stems from human emotion, so if you could some how get rid of your emotions, there would be less chaos. Everyone working for betterment of mankind. The next logical step in the evolution?
    Dez ist offline

4. #24 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von The Ore Baron
    rivariad posted a video of some pollacks talking over footage of pre-alpha ELEX footage. Are you guys going to cover it as well? Is it from E3?
    The Ore Baron ist offline

5. #25 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Zitat Zitat von The Ore Baron Beitrag anzeigen
    rivariad posted a video of some pollacks talking over footage of pre-alpha ELEX footage. Are you guys going to cover it as well? Is it from E3?
    Link pls? Ah, nevermind. Yes, yes we are. Just a busy period for Morgannin right now.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

Seite 2 von 2 « Erste 12