Seite 5 von 8 « Erste 12345678 Letzte »
Ergebnis 81 bis 100 von 145
  1. #81 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von catalinux
    Zitat Zitat von SlamDunk Beitrag anzeigen
    ... you are going to go with 23.976fps, which is still the most commonly used frame rate. Both mind-blowing and depressing, isn't it?
    Some material here.

24 FPS comes from 1926 silent film era, even though Thomas Edison recommended 48 FPS through science. 24 FPS was just cheaper.
    30 FPS in TV comes from a 1941 TV broadcast NTSC standard mandated by the FCC. 30 FPS in gaming comes from the advent use of designing a gaming experience at 60 FPS but hardware wasn’t up to snuff, so 30 FPS was the fall back.
    60 FPS comes from matching to refresh rates on LCDs (60Hz) in the early 2000s. The best gaming experience is when the frame rate matches the refresh rate. LCDs were new but extremely popular. The LCDs have refresh rates of 60 Hz to match US alternating current (AC.)
    The true 1080P certification is literally 1920x1080@60p.
    Motion image accuracy is tied directly to the frame rate.
    Motion prediction is directly tied with the fluidity or the seamless transition between frames.
    Many gamers would be satisfied having the option to choose the frame rate (if the hardware was even capable of rendering at higher FPS).
    catalinux ist offline

2. #82 Zitieren
    Demigod Avatar von Bastardo
    Zitat Zitat von ravenhearth Beitrag anzeigen
    I'm able to run at 60fps without any fan patch.
    I promise you that Gothic has locked framerate. If you can play it faster than ~24 fps, some sort of fix must be in place wether you know it or not, such as a digital version that comes with prepackaged fixes, a third party launcher, whatever. Otherwise you are thinking about Gothic II.
    Bastardo ist offline Geändert von Bastardo (08.07.2015 um 14:08 Uhr)

3. #83 Zitieren
    Warrior
    Gothic 1 is definitely capped. Playing it on ~60 FPS renders a certain puzzle impossible to solve, you have to turn off the fix temporarily.
    rotator ist offline

4. #84 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von rotator Beitrag anzeigen
    Gothic 1 is definitely capped. Playing it on ~60 FPS renders a certain puzzle impossible to solve, you have to turn off the fix temporarily.
    I heard about this, in the Sleeper Temple, with the FPSpatch.
    catalinux ist offline

5. #85 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von Morgannin09
    Which puzzle was that? I don't recall being unable to complete a puzzle.
    YouTube channel for Let's Plays and shenanigans: https://www.youtube.com/c/Morgannin
    Morgannin09 ist offline

6. #86 Zitieren
    Warrior
    Zitat Zitat von Morgannin09 Beitrag anzeigen
    http://www.gog.com/forum/gothic_seri...er_not_working
    rotator ist offline

7. #87 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von Morgannin09 Beitrag anzeigen
    Maybe this one?
    catalinux ist offline

8. #88 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    If their console version is going to cap @ 30fps, they are going to bomb those sales big time. Most likely with PC too. I might not want more than 24 fps, but that's me. A lot of sales are towards people who don't even intend to finish the game. They just want to fire that baby up and kill everything in crystal clear glorious 1080p 60fps for an hour while they wait for the pizza.

Also, the guys who played Skyrim and TW3 will be likely to hate the game, just because of this. Sure, you might say they are shallow, but I dare any single one of you to use a CRT monitor for two hours after years of LCD. I gurantee you will throw that flickering shit out the window.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

9. #89 Zitieren
    Local Hero Avatar von Delicieuxz
    Lots of console games are capped at 30 fps. I think Witcher 3 is, too. It's pretty normal coz consoles use such limited power tech.

I don't think the Nordic Games staffer was saying the pc will be limited to 30fps, but that they're targeting 30fps performance on average machines -which is good, and means quality visuals, which a person can turn down if they don't need great graphics and want higher fps.
    Delicieuxz ist offline

10. #90 Zitieren

Piranha-Bytes
    Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    If their console version is going to cap @ 30fps, they are going to bomb those sales big time.

Also, the guys who played Skyrim and TW3 will be likely to hate the game, just because of this.
    How so?

There is no Skyrim on PS4 or XOne, so that comparison is moot.

As for witcher:

Zitat Zitat von Delicieuxz Beitrag anzeigen
    Lots of console games are capped at 30 fps. I think Witcher 3 is, too. It's pretty normal coz consoles use such limited power tech.
    Correct.
    On PS4 1080p @ 30
    On XOne 900p @ 30

http://gamingbolt.com/cd-projekt-exp...4-and-xbox-one
    or if you prefer a non gaming site
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthi...the-witcher-3/

I don't think the Nordic Games staffer was saying the pc will be limited to 30fps,
    Of course not. That would be utter nonsense.
    Michael Rüve ist offline

11. #91 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Well, I really do hope you are right and the maiinstream customers are not that shallow. So when will we get more info? Screens? Art?
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

12. #92 Zitieren
    So when will we get more info? Screens? Art?
    In August, at Gamescom, Cologne (Köln)
    catalinux ist offline

13. #93 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von TheDoctor
    "Don't fuck this up."

- Me (prior to the release of Gothic III)
    My Risen short stories
    Gnork & Blargina part: 1, 2, 3
    An unusual meeting (pdf)
    TheDoctor ist offline

14. #94 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von TheDoctor Beitrag anzeigen
    "Don't fuck this up."

"They couldn't possibly fuck this up."

- Me (in the same circumstance)
    Bastardo ist offline

15. #95 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von SlamDunk
    I dare any single one of you to use a CRT monitor for two hours after years of LCD. I gurantee you will throw that flickering shit out the window.
    This is far too off-topic but: I'd still use the Samsung CRT monitor I used to have if it wouldn't have died. At 85Hz (1600x1200) there were no flickering. Playing games on that monitor destroys this 60Hz true IPS I now have in color reproduction, black levels and mouse lag with V-sync enabled. That good old CRT also did not have any ghosting, which is very strong on this Fujitsu LCD. Of course there are IPS monitors now that would beat that CRT in everything but black levels but I can't afford them. Being the image quality freak that I am, I won't touch TN panels even with a 10-foot pole.
    SlamDunk ist offline Geändert von SlamDunk (09.07.2015 um 20:05 Uhr)

16. #96 Zitieren
    Warrior
    Zitat Zitat von Bastardo Beitrag anzeigen
    "They couldn't possibly fuck this up."

- Me (in the same circumstance)
    For some reason I've never imagined Gothic III could go wrong. I thought it would be another Gothic but with a new graphics engine. Guess I did not check any info but the screenshots (which blew my mind).
    rotator ist offline

17. #97 Zitieren
    For some reason I've never imagined Gothic III could go wrong. I thought it would be another Gothic but with a new graphics engine. Guess I did not check any info but the screenshots (which blew my mind).
    The preview screenshoots and pre-release information made Gothic 3 look like the most badass thing that will ever happen to PC gaming. That's probably one more reason we didn't exactly go crazy when we played the, aherm, "finished" product.
    Bastardo ist offline

18. #98 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von TheDoctor
    My biggest worry is that PB will continue to develop using the Risen game system/engine. Which is most probably the case because we've already learned time and time again that they don't want to spend money to buy a completely new (working) engine.

In other words: if you liked Risen you'll like Elex. If you didn't like Risen, you won't like Elex. Just my prognosis because this is usually the case when developers start new franchises.
    My Risen short stories
    Gnork & Blargina part: 1, 2, 3
    An unusual meeting (pdf)
    TheDoctor ist offline

19. #99 Zitieren
    Local Hero Avatar von Delicieuxz
    In that case, if a person liked Gothic, then they should like Risen, and if they do, then they subsequently should like ELEX.

"Don't fuck this up."

And who do those kinds of comments assist? Admonishing, worrying, cynicism... those kinds of contributions do nothing positive to a game's development, and only mean that what you contributed to it was a lack of support.
    Delicieuxz ist offline

20. #100 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Zitat Zitat von TheDoctor Beitrag anzeigen
    In other words: if you liked Risen you'll like Elex.
    I LOVED Risen. Plus, they updated the engine to DX11.
    Maladiq ist offline

Seite 5 von 8 « Erste 12345678 Letzte »