Seite 3 von 8 « Erste 1234567 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 41 bis 60 von 145
  1. #41 Zitieren
    Warrior
    [Bild: fxko8Dn.png]

Is this guy a troll or he's just seriously misinformed? 30 FPS and Arcania???

Edit: looks like it's fake (or the post was removed, can't find it)
    rotator ist offline Geändert von rotator (06.07.2015 um 08:49 Uhr)

2. #42 Zitieren
    Abenteurer Avatar von orc_dog
    It must be (bad) joke
    orc_dog ist offline

3. #43 Zitieren
    Schwertmeister Avatar von warstrike
    No,he is working for Nordic Games.
    I haven't played Arcania ,but i heard that graphic-wise ,it looks and runs good.I am happy that their main focus is PC ,don't really care about FPS.
    Let's just wait for more info ,and who knows ,we might like the news.

Relax ,PB will not do another Arcania ,come on...
    warstrike ist offline

4. #44 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von Morgannin09
    He's one of the executives of Nordic, I believe. I highly doubt he's so blissfully unaware of the fiasco that came with Ubisoft saying almost the exact same words, so he's gotta be pulling our leg. If not, then I'm giving up on this game already.
    Besides, I don't think it's his call to make, since Piranha Bytes is making the game.
    YouTube channel for Let's Plays and shenanigans: https://www.youtube.com/c/Morgannin
    Morgannin09 ist offline

5. #45 Zitieren
    Schwertmeister Avatar von warstrike
    No need for negativism until we get more info.Let's show a little faith.
    Just one more month and we'll learn more about it.Also ,if i recall correctly ,Gothic 1 was meant to be for consoles ,and we all know how good Gothic 1 turned out to be. So there's still hope yet.
    warstrike ist offline

6. #46 Zitieren
    Apprentice
    30 FPS?On PC?In 2017?YOU GOTTA BE FUCKING KIDDING ME!!!
    IvanDado ist offline

7. #47 Zitieren
    World of Elex  Avatar von Ravenhearth
    It should be clear that you can't target 30fps on PC, because there isn't THAT PC. Some will be fast enough for 60 fps, other only for 6.
    Ravenhearth ist offline

8. #48 Zitieren
    Local Hero Avatar von Delicieuxz
    I think that people are misunderstanding what was being expressed by the Nordic Games person. When they said to think of Arcania with meaningful dialog, they were effectively saying high detail visual aesthetics - which Arcania had.

And when they said that they were targeting 30 fps on pc, they probably meant that's what the game could run at on decent hardware, due to having a high level of graphical fidelity - and not because of having a fps lock, like some console games do.

If the development targeted a higher fps on pc, it would that mean they were intending to have less graphical intensity. So it is a good thing that they are aiming for a lower fps as standard performance - because then we get better graphics. It doesn't mean there will be a fps cap, and your PC hardware will still determine how many fps you can play the game at.

Developers work with a polygon budget and target performance in mind - even though they don't commonly say what it is. Nordic Games just told us what it is, for the purpose of assuring players that the game will look good.
    Delicieuxz ist offline Geändert von Delicieuxz (06.07.2015 um 14:07 Uhr)

9. #49 Zitieren
    Ranger
    I'm sure PB knows how the latest rpgs set the bar too high. But none of that matters anyway. I know for goddamn sure its gonna feel unique unlike any projects out there. Just for foks sake hire some proper voice actors.
    rivariad ist offline

10. #50 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von catalinux
    ElMegalomator is a story writer, if I am not wrong.

If they are targeting 30 fps on pc they also must be targeting that nonsese of 1080hd or whatever video frames (?) on consoles.

From what I've read in the nordic forum, my feeling is that elex is primary targeting the consoles. And this will have a deep impact in terms of menu, inventory, interaction, controls, fight system, etc., etc.. Be ready to be amazed, my friends.
    catalinux ist offline

11. #51 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von The Ore Baron
    The message was removed, right? I mean, the fact that it was removed seems more suspicious to me than the content of the message itself.

Did anyone raise any eyebrows at the publisher forums? Was there an official response or something?
    The Ore Baron ist offline

12. #52 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von Morgannin09
    Reinhard pollice is a "business and product development director" at Nordic.
    YouTube channel for Let's Plays and shenanigans: https://www.youtube.com/c/Morgannin
    Morgannin09 ist offline

13. #53 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Zitat Zitat von warstrike Beitrag anzeigen
    No need for negativism until we get more info.Let's show a little faith.
    Just one more month and we'll learn more about it.
    Ditto!

Zitat Zitat von warstrike Beitrag anzeigen
    Also ,if i recall correctly ,Gothic 1 was meant to be for consoles ,and we all know how good Gothic 1 turned out to be. So there's still hope yet.
    There was this rumour, yes, but iirc Michael Rueve said it was not true.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

14. #54 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von The Ore Baron
    I don't know, I think a little negativity can be healthy. I mean, things concerning the new game are at this point still very murky and a lot of questions still haven't been answered. It's only smart to be a little careful with the hype... or giving PB the benefit of a doubt.

I say we stay vigilant and keep PB on edge, none of this "show a little good faith" crap. We've shown them plenty with Risen 2 and Risen 3. While we're silently waiting for more information, critical decisions are being made - decisions than will later be irreversible, when it will be too late to complain.

I would've been more calm if Risen 4 was announced. PB knew their mistakes in previous entries well, we knew what sort of ideas to suggest and what potential issues to point out. All that would've had to be done was improving on an old formula. Now this ELEX game is completely new grounds. New setting, new goals and standards AND a new publisher, that was kind enough to permit a representative post a rather discouraging message which then disappeared, apparently. Fans don't know what to expect and keep shooting ideas in the dark, with no reference on whether or not they would even fit the new game. Even the advertising aspect of the new project doesn't seem to well-handled. We got a dry announcement, a lousy piece of concept art and a promise to tell us more in a month.

I'm not liking this so far, and I'm remaining skeptical. So far I haven't seen anything that would reassure me about the new project being... well, good.

Just my two cents.
    The Ore Baron ist offline

15. #55 Zitieren
    This time, I am willing to wait for the final release. Sure, maybe I will ask a question or two from time to time (like I did yesterday about the coup-de-grace), but I am curious to see what kind of game will PB/Nordic deliver without any influence, what is their vision.

about Gothic and consoles - wasn't that thing about mouse suport? They added the mouse support like one month before the release because some [lazy] guy from a game magazine who was reviewing the game complained about the lack of mouse support.
    catalinux ist offline

16. #56 Zitieren
    World of Elex  Avatar von Ravenhearth
    Jenny just said at the german forum, that they are planning something like Gothic 3 in terms of world structure (huge open world). They have four main locations, and the hero might not even me human, but some sort of humanoid. And he will have a name!
    Ravenhearth ist offline Geändert von Ravenhearth (06.07.2015 um 20:21 Uhr)

17. #57 Zitieren
    Adventurer Avatar von Misanthrope
    Zitat Zitat von ravenhearth Beitrag anzeigen
    ...but some sort of humanoid...
    A Witcher?
    Misanthrope ist offline

18. #58 Zitieren
    Knight Commander Avatar von Bamfy
    Zitat Zitat von Misanthrope Beitrag anzeigen
    A Witcher?
    I really doubt that. Maybe after so many lizard men we encountered in their games, we might actually play as one.
    Bamfy ist offline

19. #59 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    I can tell you the hero will be a mutant with bionic implants. I guess so anyway, it would only be logical.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

20. #60 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von ravenhearth Beitrag anzeigen
    and the hero might not even be human, but some sort of humanoid
    Whaaaaaat?

...I don't like this. It (sorry I can't call it "him") might have special abilities or whatever, but I am not willing to play as a humanoid. Neither alien, elf, dwarf, werewolf, or any sort of creature.

And four main locations as in probably four main factions?
    catalinux ist offline

Seite 3 von 8 « Erste 1234567 ... Letzte »