Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Seite 8 von 42 « Erste ... 4567891011121519 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 141 bis 160 von 830
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #141 Zitieren
    Apprentice

rvblacktail ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von ThielHater Beitrag anzeigen
    It has already been released, check the FAQ question "I've heard the Renderer is available for Gothic 1 as well? How do I install it?". Besides that, we are not the authors of the d3d11 renderer.
    I've been using that version myself but it has issues since it was developed with Gothic 2 in mind. I was hoping the version you were using was more polished for Gothic 1.
    In any case thank you for the swift reply and for all the work you and the mod crew have been putting in a game so many of us hold dear.

2. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #142 Zitieren
    Gothic Reloaded Mod Avatar von ThielHater

ThielHater ist offline
    I am sorry to say, but we don't have any other version.
    "Weltmacht mit drei Buchstaben?" – Fred & Günther

3. Beiträge anzeigen #143 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von Abus Bambus

Abus Bambus ist offline
    It has already been released, check the FAQ question "I've heard the Renderer is available for Gothic 1 as well? How do I install it?". Besides that, we are not the authors of the d3d11 renderer.
    Is it completely bug and glitch free and release-ready, though?

The fact that Degenerated said in his latest statement that he may stop working on the renderer altogether worries me kind of, because as I understand the renderer will be a requirement for Gothic Reloaded.

4. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #144 Zitieren

ThielHater ist offline
    The FAQ entry I mentioned clearly states that the "Gothic 1-Version is still riddled with bugs and problems". Are you talking about this statement? In that case, my interpretation differs from yours.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #145 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von Abus Bambus

Abus Bambus ist offline
    The FAQ entry I mentioned clearly states that the "Gothic 1-Version is still riddled with bugs and problems". Are you talking about this statement? In that case, my interpretation differs from yours.
    I'm referring to this statement: http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/threads/1456102-D3D11-Renderer-f%C3%BCr-Gothic-2-%28alpha%29-18/page15?p=24821187&viewfull=1#post24821187

Let's just hope he's just in a temporary unmotivated phase.

6. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #146 Zitieren

ThielHater ist offline
    You are right, I will talk to him at the Moddertreffen about that.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #147 Zitieren
    Ranger

Sagrido ist offline
    Hey guys! I just registered on this forum today. I am from Sweden and I do not know german. I will use english and then google translate to german. I Hope you can understand. You can answer back in german, I translate back to english or swedish and understand most things in this forum.

Anyway. I played Gothic 1 many times before, and now after 8 years I will return to play, why? Because this mod!
    This mod is absolutely amazing! Wonderfull! I hope this finally gets released soon, after so many years of work. I will not ask when mod is ready. I know it releases when ready. (Website still say release in summer 2015, maybe fix this?). Until then I use ThielHaters_Texturepatch and some other texture mods. Now, I have questions.

Will I be able to use other texture packs, then when this release, I remove them and use this Reloaded instead, and use the same save game? That works?
    I currently have installed texture packs and this Enhanced Edition of Unpatch, so I can use shields, link: http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...-%28English%29
    Will this work with Reloaded mod?

Thank you for this! "Somewhen this year, that's all we announced so far."

Edit: Ops! Im sorry for my translation in the post! I didnt know you guys already used english, because google translate shows english everywhere no matter if its german or english, how embarrassing
    Geändert von Sagrido (02.05.2016 um 20:39 Uhr) Grund: translation removed

8. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #148 Zitieren

ThielHater ist offline
    Hello Sagrido, greetings to Sweden! Finally someone who doesn't ask for the release date.

I should have updated the FAQ and other sections some time ago, thanks for the notice.

Your question about compatibility requires a complex answer. GRM can be installed as a patch or a mod, that's up to you. In Gothic mods are standalone, you can't play two mods at once or mix them like in Skyrim or GTA. If you install GRM as a patch, it will be compatible to savegames of the original game as well as the Unofficial Quick Patch. However, our next demo won't allow being installed as a pach, yet. Sorry about that, but there is a minor problem to solve.

Please don't use Google Translator, even broken English will work better than that.

Geändert von ThielHater (02.05.2016 um 20:33 Uhr)

9. Beiträge anzeigen #149 Zitieren
    Ranger

Sagrido ist offline
    Ok great!

Are there any difference between Reloaded as mod or patch? In content I mean. I dont mind using this as a mod, but I suspect it does not fix the things that "unpatch" does, and no bugfixes is in either right? I wonder, will the ICP v1.0 patch work then? If so, I will just use Reloaded as mod and ICP as bugfix.

And sorry again about the translator. I always use it to read through the forums. I thought maybe english was not allowed here. But of course then I see you already talked in english earlier, silly me.

10. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #150 Zitieren

ThielHater ist offline
    As far as I can tell, the only difference until now are the new human models. If you install GRM as a mod, you will have an extended version.

The GRM doesn't include any bug fixes but that topic is still in discussion. Unfortunately the Piranha Bytes didn't program Gothic with localization in mind. The language-dependent and the functional parts of the code are not seperated but mixed. This means the bugs can't be fixed at once, instead the same bug fixes have to be applied to every localization of the game. I would have to sort out the bug fixes from another project like UQP or PG/DB and then apply these to all localizations, but I refused to do so.

I am suprised to find out, that the UQP is also offered as a patch and as a mod. I would recommend to install it as patch, in that case the install mode of the GRM won't matter and you have all the benefits.

I didn't know about the ICP patch but it seems like it's for Gothic 2, isn't it? GRM will be released for Gothic 1.

Geändert von ThielHater (03.05.2016 um 03:41 Uhr)

11. Beiträge anzeigen #151 Zitieren
    Ranger

Sagrido ist offline
    As far as I can tell, the only difference until now are the new human models. If you install GRM as a mod, you will have an extended version.
    I am suprised to find out, that the UQP is also offered as a patch and as a mod. I would recommend to install it as patch, in that case the install mode of the GRM won't matter and you have all the benefits.
    Oh, you are right! The mod makes it so I can use shields, helmets, cooking and some other things, and patch fixes bugs only. Bad luck. But if GRM will release only as mod first, then I definitely use GRM as a mod and use UQP as patch! GRM is best ive seen and must have

The GRM doesn't include any bug fixes but that topic is still in discussion. Unfortunately the Piranha Bytes didn't program Gothic with localization in mind. The language-dependent and the functional parts of the code are not seperated but mixed. This means the bugs can't be fixed at once, instead the same bug fixes have to be applied to every localization of the game. I would have to sort out the bug fixes from another project like UQP or PG/DB and then apply these to all localizations, but I refused to do so.
    That seem like an awful lot of work, indeed. Its better not then, and hopefully not adding more things to do will make release come sooner

I didn't know about the ICP patch but it seems like it's for Gothic 2, isn't it? GRM will be released for Gothic 1.
    No, there is one for Gothic 1 too apparently. It fixes some things. Here is the link: http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...cial-Patch-1-0
    And then UQP fixes some more things based on this. So I think I can just use UQP as patch, as I said above, and all problems solved!

12. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #152 Zitieren

ThielHater ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Sagrido Beitrag anzeigen
    No, there is one for Gothic 1 too apparently. It fixes some things. Here is the link: http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...cial-Patch-1-0
    If you uninstall this patch, those files that were overwritten will not be deleted. The game will probably remain playable, but it is advised to reinstall it as well.
    Come on, what the heck? It even tries to replace the Gothic.exe file and fails, if I choose not to. The uninstaller doesn't work as well. Hopefully the installer of the GRM won't be a disaster like this.

Geändert von ThielHater (03.05.2016 um 11:17 Uhr)

13. Beiträge anzeigen #153 Zitieren
    Ranger

Sagrido ist offline
    Yes. I had problems with this patch as well. I decided not to use it anymore and delete it altogether. I wrote to catalinux regarding the UQP and it already contains all the bugfixes from the ICP, so no need to bother with this anymore. Plus, reading through the comments on that forum shows the ICP introduces new bugs, and was last updated many years ago, so lets forget about that one

The new issue that arise though is that UQP, the patch, says that "Please consider that this patch is not compatible with any mod. If you want to play any mod, please delete EN_G1_UnPatch.vdf and install the mod version." - http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...-%28English%29 so that makes me wonder whether or not Reloaded will work with this, even in patch. It is confusing that this says only one patch will work, and you say only one mod will work. Hmm. Im such a noob to Gothic modding, but I understand only one mod at the same time, since launcher creates different save files etc. I asked Catalinux if he thinks it will work with Graphic patches or not, or like Reloaded. I hope it will work in some combination, some way!
    Geändert von Sagrido (03.05.2016 um 16:53 Uhr)

14. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #154 Zitieren

ThielHater ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von catalinux Beitrag anzeigen
    Please consider that this patch is not compatible with any mod. If you want to play any mod, please delete EN_G1_UnPatch.vdf and install the mod version.
    I can understand that this is confusing for you. The statement implicitly assumes that every mod has it's own scripts (or at least makes changes to the scripts of the main game), which is a solid assumption. However, this won't apply to the GRM and therefore it should work.

Unfortunately the GRM has to make one minimal change to the scripts to work, but we will find another solution for that problem.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #155 Zitieren
    Ranger

Sagrido ist offline
    Ok great!
    I got an answer from Catalinux as well http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...1#post24861808
    He says he uses some of your Reloaded texture already, haha. So its all good!

Im sorry to bother you further but I just wonder one more thing for now. How can I know if a graphic patch works with other graphic patches? When Reloaded comes I will only use that with UQP, but until then, I use your other ThielHaters_Texturepatch, combined with Big Nature Mod byGaz, and Sattis_Texturpatch-1.5, and Freddy's Textures Patch (but not the World one), AND also G1RKP-1.0 Thats alot of packs, 5 of them. Some is likely to contain the same texture items, but when I use all these, the game starts just fine, I can talk to Diego, run around etc. I havent been down to Camp yet but so far its good. But I read here on forums (german translated) that if I use many patches with same items, only the one with latest timestamp is displayed in game or something? How to I decide which comes first and last? Install order maybe?

(Oh, and I see you also use d3d11, when I use this, my Nameless Hero has broken textures, but when I turn off Tessellation, it works, same for you?)
    Geändert von Sagrido (03.05.2016 um 20:56 Uhr) Grund: added question about d3d11 tessellation

16. Beiträge anzeigen #156 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von catalinux

catalinux ist offline
    he uses some of your Reloaded texture already
    Not in the main Patch, but in an optional textures patch, because
    - the user should have the liberty to choose what graphic patch suits his needs
    - this will become obsolete once GRM will be released

I read here on forums (german translated) that if I use many patches with same items, only the one with latest timestamp is displayed in game or something? How to I decide which comes first and last? Install order maybe?
    Install order doesn't metter. The game will look for every texture in all patches (.vdf or .mod files), and load the texture from the most recent one (taken from the timestamp).

17. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #157 Zitieren

ThielHater ist offline
    @Sagrido: Gothic uses virtual disk files, abbreviated VDF, to store some of its data. These files contain directory structures and other files, it's like an archive file format. Every VDF has it's own timestamp which applies to all files inside. If Gothic is searching for a file, it will check all VDF files and use the file from the one with the latest timestamp. There are hundreds of textures, which allows for compatibility between different texture packs.

I noticed that tessellation problem but I can't say anything about it, sorry.

Geändert von ThielHater (03.05.2016 um 21:53 Uhr)

18. Beiträge anzeigen #158 Zitieren
    Ranger

Sagrido ist offline
    Alright, thanks guys! Seems I have no issue with all the many texture packs combined so I'll just keep playing with them for now, and the UQP mod with them ofc ^^
    Now, tiny last question then I will stop bothering you, promise!
    You mentioned: "However, our next demo won't allow being installed as a patch, yet.", does this mean there will be a demo in before the final release? I understand you might want to fix this minor script issue before, or maybe we can get demo as mod only at first and patch later when script done?
    Sorry for badgering you, but im only wondering if, when you said release sometime in 2016, did you mean demo or final release? If demo is soon'ish, I rather stop playing and just wait for it, play other games in the meantime.

19. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #159 Zitieren

ThielHater ist offline
    We will release a demo this year, I already said that. The final release is not in sight, but the demo will be great nonetheless.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #160 Zitieren
    Hero Avatar von lali

lali ist offline
    was fehlt denn immoment noch? woran arbeitet ihr zur zeit?
    Phoenix Dev | Website | Discord

Seite 8 von 42 « Erste ... 4567891011121519 ... Letzte »