Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 31
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    About freaking time. Shall we, gentlemen?
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

2. #2 Zitieren
    Demigod Avatar von Dino
    Well, after four long years we finally witness the birth of a new Keg o'rum thread.

Let us proceed indeed.
    Dino ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Schwertmeister Avatar von warstrike
    Gothic vs Witcher

Why the hell are the witcher series so damn popular in the US and make the big bucks?
    warstrike ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Zitat Zitat von warstrike Beitrag anzeigen
    Gothic vs Witcher

Why the hell are the witcher series so damn popular in the US and make the big bucks?
    Because they are pretty decent games. I disliked the first one when I played it. I disliked it a lot, but you could tell that a lot of work and passion went into it. It had one of the most horrible GUIs, but if you liked lore and didn't mind turn-based combat, then it was a really nice game to play. The second one... I couldn't give a crap.

But the third one... the third one is just amazing. They listen to their fans and it really does seem like one of the best games of all times.

Also, look at this dedication to the fans:
    [Bild: ao077Rx_700b.jpg]

Those were the good ol' days, when a game came with the sound-track, the manual, a map and some bonuses. Now days you have to get the collector edition to get those.

And how does CDPR top that? Well, their collector edition features all that and Art Book, statuette, amulet, steelbook and more.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy9Inr3olG8
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Oh, and look at what this "assholes" throw at you if you buy TW3 from GOG, DRM-free and for 53Euros:
    Included goodies:manual+ 8 wallpapers+ world map (coming soon)+ 6 paper toys + artbook + The Witcher Universe Compendium + soundtrack (35 tracks, MP3) + soundtrack (35 tracks, FLAC) + 8 HD videos + 28 avatars + 44 artworks + comics (Reason of State - Part 1) + paper toy catalog

oh, and...
    16 fucking free DLCs for every single buyer!
    Maladiq ist offline

6. #6 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von Ariogaisus
    Any of you still play MKEN?
    Ariogaisus ist offline

7. #7 Zitieren
    Knight Commander Avatar von Bamfy
    Zitat Zitat von Bastardo Beitrag anzeigen
    [Bild: hqdefault.jpg]

Men's Hair Club

I repeat: this game is fucking badass.
    Damn the beat is so filthy!This track and your praises will make me play this game.
    Btw, that thing from the youtube video looks like a mutated testicle.
    Bamfy ist offline Geändert von Bamfy (13.07.2015 um 03:53 Uhr)

8. #8 Zitieren
    Demigod Avatar von Bastardo
    http://store.steampowered.com/sub/6375/
    http://store.steampowered.com/sub/12075?snr=1_41_4__42

Cheap Gothics on Steam for one day. Even the stupid ones beyond G3. I'm still not buying those though.
    Bastardo ist offline Geändert von Bastardo (16.07.2015 um 17:14 Uhr)

9. #9 Zitieren
    Demigod Avatar von Bastardo
    I'm just gonna whip out my fan-dick real quick...

Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)

Teh-heh. :P
    Bastardo ist offline

10. #10 Zitieren
    Seems like everyone has fucked off somewhere.
    Ariogaisus ist offline

11. #11 Zitieren
    Demigod Avatar von Dino
    ^ Unless there's a new Risen game, I don't see how a lot of the people would come back. And besides - social media killed forums some time ago.
    Dino ist offline

12. #12 Zitieren

Metasyntaktische Variable
    It's not just that the Risen series is over. If you go to the ELEX forum, you'll see that there's not much traffic there either.

I see several factors coming together:

• PB didn't really create a rich lore for their Risen universe. Beyond the games themselves, there's little to discuss. Over at the WoG, you still see the occasional discussion going on about things in the universe. You know, the back-story of certain characters, events that did not happen in the games but were mentioned there (like the first orc war), stuff like that. But Risen doesn't have a lot to talk about in that regard. And what we do know is full of inconsistencies.

• PB also did not release a modkit, so there's not much to discuss either. Last I checked, we had some tools for R1 developed by the community that were functional, but not exactly user-friendly. So there's not a lot mod-related discussion to be had either.

• Neither PS nor DS were ever interested in creating a lasting brand/franchise. It was always designed to be a cleenex game. There were no add-ons or "real" DLCs. Granted, the later titles had DLCs. But those were cut from the main game before release. No one ever commissioned a big DLC/add-on after release (like, let's say, NotR for G2 or Dragonborn for Skyrim). Once each game is released, that's it. Be lucky if you get a patch or two to fix the most severe bugs. But no one will really keep working on the game after that. Again, that means there's not a lot to talk about once the initial games have been regurgitated enough.

• Then there are the policies that most of the community did not like. Constant changes in gameplay (many not for the better), forfeiting unique elements in favour of "market standards" and "console optimisation", no effort whatsoever to create another timeless classic like G1 or G2+NotR, secrecy over transparency, no opportunity for real input from the community, etc. etc.
      Maybe I'm generalising from myself onto others here, but who's really excited about Elex? I know I'm not. Sure, I'll keep an eye on it because it doesn't cost me anything. But I wouldn't call myself enthusiastic about it. Since R2, I feel about next PB game like I feel about the weather at Saturday in 4 months. No one can say or influence how it'll be. If it's nice, maybe you enjoy it for a couple of hours. If not, you'll do something else. But it's nothing to get excited over. Not anymore.

• Add to that that the WoR was the primary community hub and basically got choked off by DS and PB after R1. Little actual contact, no pre-release review versions, occasionally even sabotaging our work, etc. Maybe DS thought we were too powerful and tried to break us apart. If so, it probably worked. But their grand plan backfired in the end. So the majority of the community simply dispersed in the depths of the internet. They didn't all go to that one new location (be it social media or something else). They just went. A few went there, a few went somewhere else. They never really congregated again to form a real community. Instead, they merged with other, more active communities. And now PB has not a lot of people left who they can talk to. A community can be a powerful marketing tool, but they used it without care and thus, broke it apart. Now they're left alone, except for a few hardcore fans who go to the ELEX site. And corporate media, who have other interests than that little developer from Germany who hadn't had a real blockbuster title in a decade.

Maybe PB will manage to turn things around with Elex. Who knows? But it'll be difficult for them and so far, I see little indication for it. The way I see it: PB successfully managed to alienate a large portion of their fanbase. The forums simply reflect that.
    foobar ist offline Geändert von foobar (23.02.2016 um 14:29 Uhr) Grund: typo

13. #13 Zitieren
    Demigod Avatar von Dino
    ^I didn't even know about Elex until now.
    Dino ist offline

14. #14 Zitieren
    Why is the ELEX forum still so... unbuilt?

At this point I'd be happy with more of the first Risen, which was quite good in my opinion.
    Ariogaisus ist offline

15. #15 Zitieren

Zitat Zitat von Ariogaisus Beitrag anzeigen
    Why is the ELEX forum still so... unbuilt?
    If you're referring to the style, that has to be made. And there are only a few people in the WoP with the skills and willingsness to create vB styles.

A website is also in the works, but not yet ready. I think they're still adding content.

But the game is still far ahead (there's no release date and no screenshots, just a few concept arts). It's not like it's a pressing matter.
    foobar ist offline

16. #16 Zitieren

Zitat Zitat von Dino Beitrag anzeigen
    I made this video about singleplayer games. Yay...
    Thoughts?
    While I did play with others in my youth, just like you, those were not RPGs. Didn’t even know what those were back then. I was a late entry to the RPG genre as well.

And with RPGs (which has become my favourite genre), there’s a different standard for me. I abhor multiplayer in RPGs. It may be theoretically possible to implement a multiplayer in a RPG without hurting the singleplay part. But I’ve yet to see it in practise. Multiplayer is something that, at the very least, takes resources away from singleplayer. And usually fucks up a bit more.

And I don’t want to play RPGs with others. Whether it’s online or offline, formal or informal (e.g. looking up how others play it). You mentioned the story component in your video. And that’s the key factor for me (as described here). I don’t know what it was like when you were in school. But we used to read books (aka stories) in what you could call a “multiplayer fashion” there. Everyone had the same book, everyone had to read it. Sometimes we read it aloud in class with everyone reading one passage. And then we talked about it. But I do not think that this kind of reading actually enhanced my experience of the story. The most fun I had with books was when I could enjoy them in peace and quiet.

For me, RPGs are the equivalent of making yourself comfortable in your bed with a good book and a hot beverage on a rainy day. They’re my alone time. When I don’t have to bother with... people (*shudder*).
    foobar ist offline

17. #17 Zitieren
    I would say something, but there's not much to say. S'pose this is a sign of a dead forum.
    Ariogaisus ist offline

18. #18 Zitieren

Zitat Zitat von Ariogaisus Beitrag anzeigen
    I would say something, but there's not much to say. S'pose this is a sign of a dead forum.
    Well, not much about the Risen series anyway. You could talk about other games, this is the OT section after all.

Anyone played Fallout 4 yet? I wasn't very happy with it.
    foobar ist offline

19. #19 Zitieren
    Demigod Avatar von Dino
    2 years to reach page 2 of this thread.

I don't know what to make of it.
    Dino ist offline

20. #20 Zitieren

WHO DARES TO TRESPASS HERE IN THIS ANCIENT TOMB, UNTOUCHED BY THE AGES, AND DISTURBS ME IN MY SLUMBER?
    foobar ist offline

Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »