Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 1 von 3 123 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 51
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von Morgannin09
    So apparently this is a thing.
    http://www.deepsilver.com/game-view/...anced-edition/

"Remastered" version of Risen 3: Titan Lords coming to Playstation 4 in August, essentially upgrading the previous PS3 version to PC quality on the new platform. No Xbone version even hinted at.

Haven't come up with my thoughts on the matter yet, since I just read about this and I'm rather delirious from copious amounts of cold and allergy medicine. But it's an interesting choice to actually bring the game to at least one new gen console, makes me wonder how much it cost to port it and how that correlates to actual sales during the initial release period. Also makes me wonder how much Piranha Bytes actually had to do with the development of this version. I see no sign of any third party developer handling this version, but there is also no sign of Piranha Bytes in the trademark/disclaimers or anything, only Deep Silver and Koch Media, so I can't say for sure.
    YouTube channel for Let's Plays and shenanigans: https://www.youtube.com/c/Morgannin
    Morgannin09 ist offline

2. #2 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von Abus Bambus
    I'm pretty sure they developed this version in-house. Actually they have done all the console ports themselves since Risen 2. And considering PS4 uses x86 architecture which is basically just like a regular PC CPU, it makes sence they make it themselves.

Apart from that, I'm not really sure what the audience for this version is supposed to be. I doubt that players of the previous-gen versions would care to re-buy the game, just to play it with better graphics.

Risen 3 didn't have particularly high system requirements anyway, and you can get the PC version really cheap by now, and play it smoothly on pretty much a low-end spec PC. Anyone who cares about Risen 3 has bought their versions already, either on console or PC, so it's not like a PS4 version is going to attract lot's of new customers, it's an old game by now, with a mediocre reputation on top of that.
    Abus Bambus ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren

Piranha-Bytes
    Zitat Zitat von Morgannin09 Beitrag anzeigen
    Also makes me wonder how much Piranha Bytes actually had to do with the development of this version.
    To put it short: All of it.
    Deep Silver isn't a developer and no 3rd party was involved.
    Michael Rüve ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von InnerMoon
    Actually my question would be: are we going to get the enhanced edition as a free (or paid) update for the PC version of the game?
    I would really like to see all the fancy new stuff in PC aswell.
    InnerMoon ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von InnerMoon Beitrag anzeigen
    Actually my question would be: are we going to get the enhanced edition as a free (or paid) update for the PC version of the game?
    I would really like to see all the fancy new stuff in PC aswell.
    I don't think there are many differences. It seems to have some new post-processing effects implemented, but basically it'll look pretty much like the PC version on ultra settings, my guess is at 30fps (this has not yet been confirmed, though).

I think the word "enhanced" in "Enhanced Edition" correlates more to a console gamer's point of view. It surely is greatly enhanced from the previous-gen versions. Here's the official statement by Deep Silver, google-translated:

Play the first Piranha Bytes game for PlayStation 4 before release on the Role Play Convention 2015!

It is the first Piranha Bytes game for PlayStation® 4: Piranha Bytes and Deep Silver today announced the all-new 3 Risen: Enhanced Edition for PlayStation 4, and you're invited to try out the world-exclusive RPG in a beta version before release. When? Of course on the Role Play Convention 2015 in Cologne, the world's biggest fair for RPG pleasure. The RPC in Cologne, this year on May 16 and 17 again a colorful game for all role players, Larp, cosplayers and medieval fans.

For the first time ever PS4 owners can explore a created by Piranha Bytes game world that is loved by the players particularly for its credibility and handmade style. The Risen 3: Titan Lords - Enhanced Edition will be released worldwide on 21 August 2015 for PlayStation®4. Already starting tomorrow you can pre amazon.de on the title.

Some developers from Piranha Bytes are also expected on the RPC. Keep our best Facebook- (facebook.com/risengame) and Twitter accounts (twitter.com/risenticker) track of where we could in the short term by giving data for a book signing / Meet & Greet.

Risen 3: Titan Lords - Enhanced Edition on the PlayStation®4 includes:

All updates and additional content (Adventure gap, fog island and Kobold Plage)
    A graphical experience comparable to the setting "Ultra" on PC
    Completely new post-processing effects
    The new volumetric clouds System
    The PlayStation®4 Features Remote Play, Streaming, Recording and Share Play
    Abus Bambus ist offline

6. #6 Zitieren

Piranha-Bytes
    Zitat Zitat von Abus Bambus Beitrag anzeigen
    Here's the official statement by Deep Silver, google-translated:
    There is a statement in "real English" as well:
    http://risen3.deepsilver.com/en/rise...hanced-edition
    Michael Rüve ist offline

7. #7 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von Michael Rüve Beitrag anzeigen
    There is a statement in "real English" as well:
    http://risen3.deepsilver.com/en/rise...hanced-edition
    Yup, that's better indeed. Thanks Michael.
    Abus Bambus ist offline

8. #8 Zitieren

Piranha-Bytes
    Yup, that's better indeed. Thanks Michael.
    Of course the deep link I posted won't usually work right away - thanks to the age checking mechanism that had to be implemented due to some weird age protection laws in some country.
    Michael Rüve ist offline

9. #9 Zitieren
    Schwertmeister Avatar von warstrike
    Okay so this is the new project they are working on.
    warstrike ist offline

10. #10 Zitieren

Piranha-Bytes
    Zitat Zitat von warstrike Beitrag anzeigen
    Not so.
    Michael Rüve ist offline

11. #11 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von Morgannin09
    Zitat Zitat von warstrike Beitrag anzeigen
    That was a huge and cynical conclusion to jump to. This is something they barely needed to develop for, I'm sure, at least not with the full team. While the development leaders are conceptualizing the new title, the rest of the art team and programmers could have whipped this up in a few months.
    YouTube channel for Let's Plays and shenanigans: https://www.youtube.com/c/Morgannin
    Morgannin09 ist offline

12. #12 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    So again, fuck the PC players. Nowhere does DS say anything about a free upgrade to the enhanced edition for the PC owners. I guess those greedy arses still expect the pc players who don't want to be ripped off by buying content cut from the final game to actually buy that content. And also to buy a PS 4 and re-buy the game if we somehow expect a little graphic upgrade.

Disclaimer: no, I am not angry at Michael or PB for this, just to make it crystal clear
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

13. #13 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von catalinux
    Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    So again, f*** the PC players.
    Let's hope that the fancy "Completely new post-processing effects" and "The new volumetric clouds System" will make their way into the next PB PC game.

Not that this really matters.
    catalinux ist offline

14. #14 Zitieren
    Warrior
    Nowhere does DS say anything about a free upgrade to the enhanced edition for the PC owners.
    Most important question in the thread. I hope Michael takes his time to answer, because PC players complained about the low resolution textures from day 1.
    rotator ist offline

15. #15 Zitieren
    Lehrling
    I don't blame DS, it is standard, that game on new platform must something that is improved from others platforms. That's how marketing is working.

Edit: I forgot some questions:

Why Enhanced Edition won't be published in Poland? And will a Playstation Store copy have a at least polish subtitles?
    xenonisbad ist offline Geändert von xenonisbad (08.05.2015 um 09:14 Uhr)

16. #16 Zitieren
    Warrior
    So according to SteamDB, roughly 9 hours ago new packages (which can be a bundle or a new version) were created for Risen 3 (for RUS/CIS and ROW). However right now these only contain the base game without DLCs and not yet visible/available on Steam.
    rotator ist offline

17. #17 Zitieren

Piranha-Bytes
    Zitat Zitat von xenonisbad Beitrag anzeigen
    Why Enhanced Edition won't be published in Poland? And will a Playstation Store copy have a at least polish subtitles?
    Our submissions to Sony included Polish, so: yes.
    Michael Rüve ist offline

18. #18 Zitieren
    Lehrling
    Zitat Zitat von Michael Rüve Beitrag anzeigen
    Our submissions to Sony included Polish, so: yes.
    I'm glad because of that. Thanks you for your response.
    xenonisbad ist offline

19. #19 Zitieren
    So again, fuck the PC players. Nowhere does DS say anything about a free upgrade to the enhanced edition for the PC owners. I guess those greedy arses still expect the pc players who don't want to be ripped off by buying content cut from the final game to actually buy that content. And also to buy a PS 4 and re-buy the game if we somehow expect a little graphic upgrade.

Disclaimer: no, I am not angry at Michael or PB for this, just to make it crystal clear
    There's not much to enhance as far as the PC version goes. Like I said, it is an "enhanced" version compared to the previous console version. Even Deep Silver themselves say it looks comparable to the Ultra setting on PC.
    Abus Bambus ist offline

20. #20 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Even Deep Silver themselves say it looks comparable to the Ultra setting on PC.
    But it has new effects and post-processing. Also, the greedy bastards could just give away the dlcs for free to anyone who wasn't brain-dead enough to buy them since, you know, the PS4 guys also get them for free.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

Seite 1 von 3 123 Letzte »