Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Ergebnis 1 bis 18 von 18
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Rookie
    So as most of you would know the English Gothic forum has closed so this is one of the only places for me to reach out.

Anyone who is a fan of Piranha Bytes will have played the original Gothic series.
    I have created a petition to show Piranha Bytes our support for the series and that we want a new Gothic game!

http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/gothic-5-pb

The Gothic series still has a lot more potential and a lot more room to explore the lore.
    I hope you can all spare a moment to sign the petition!

Thanks,
    Noah

Feel free to leave comments below here or on the petition, about what you think of the idea or any ideas your have.
    RoastedCashew ist offline

2. #2 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von The Ore Baron
    This is not a good idea for various reasons
    The Ore Baron ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von Morgannin09
    No... no thanks... maybe later. But not this time
    YouTube channel for Let's Plays and shenanigans: https://www.youtube.com/c/Morgannin
    Morgannin09 ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren
    Schwertmeister Avatar von warstrike
    Zitat Zitat von RoastedCashew Beitrag anzeigen
    So as most of you would know the English Gothic forum has closed so this is one of the only places for me to reach out.

Anyone who is a fan of Piranha Bytes will have played the original Gothic series.
    I have created a petition to show Piranha Bytes our support for the series and that we want a new Gothic game!

http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/gothic-5-pb

The Gothic series still has a lot more potential and a lot more room to explore the lore.
    I hope you can all spare a moment to sign the petition!

Thanks,
    Noah

Feel free to leave comments below here or on the petition, about what you think of the idea or any ideas your have.
    I am with you mate. But this is not the right forum for this ! People here are Risen fans ,maybe you can try on the German forum of WoG ,with admins approval to post in English !?
    warstrike ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von warstrike Beitrag anzeigen
    People here are Risen fans
    Are you implying we're not Gothic fans as well?
    The Ore Baron ist offline

6. #6 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Calin?

Anyway, fuck no, I don't want them fucking up the Gothic series even more than it is.

I honestly believe at this point they should just sell the licence to CD Projekt and get done with it.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

7. #7 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von catalinux
    I don't like the title Gothic 5. 3 is enough. Maybe something else with Gothic in the title, that will do.
    catalinux ist offline

8. #8 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von Abus Bambus
    There is no point in making a petition, PB already knows that there is a HUGE demand for a new Gothic game made by PB. That's actually the very reason they don't make another Gothic.

Lots of people have high expectations for a new Gothic title, and these expectations differ from person to person, they can't handle the pressure because they want to make a game that in the end is 'right' for everyone. And they know they can't satisfy everyone, at least that's their argumentation against making another Gothic title.

If you asked me though, I don't think it needs to be right for everyone. They tried that with the Risen series, and we all have seen how that went. If you try that, in the end no one is satisfied.

The Gothic series only became so popular BECAUSE it was a niche game, that's hard to get into for casual players. It didn't hold your hands like Risen 2/3 do, it didn't have any intrusive tutorials and it punished the player for his stupid behaviour.

So, as long as PB is convinced, that they need to make a game that appeals to anyone, I highly doubt we will ever see another Gothic, because Gothic was never supposed to appeal to anyone in the first place.
    Abus Bambus ist offline

9. #9 Zitieren
    Demigod Avatar von Bastardo
    Unfortunately I'd have to agree with the others. Still, if PB's got the will and the means, fine, but a petition to push for a Gothic sequel is pointless (nobody will care). I'd rather see a new trilogy that's good/great throughout, anyway. As much as I like to criticize the Risen sequels, the last trilogy wasn't a total failure. And if it was, what would you expect from a new Gothic other than more fail?
    Bastardo ist offline Geändert von Bastardo (07.05.2015 um 17:11 Uhr)

10. #10 Zitieren
    Rookie
    I agree, I don't want them messing up another Gothic game. But after being a long time fan, and expecting Gothic 4 to satisfy and end a chapter for me in the Gothic world, I don't want to finish on a note like that. The issue for me is that there is so much more potential for lore in the game! It is a world that I have loved so much for so many years, but we hardly know anything about it! Unlike games like Elder Scrolls series, who have pages and pages of back story. I loved the Risen series, and although I know Risen 3 was a let down for many people, it has been one of the best games I have played and truly enjoyed in the past few years! I believe that they can put a true end to the Gothic series, put as much effort in it as they have for the Risen series, and answer all our questions surrounding the Gothic world. We would have an amazing game!

Perhaps a Risen/Gothic crossover hahaha. Since Risen is based on the pirates from the Gothic 2 expansion haha - I mean both worlds have pretty much the same monsters, could work
    Not even joking I would probably really enjoy that haha.
    RoastedCashew ist offline

11. #11 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von InnerMoon
    Gothic 5? No thanks

A remake, with a new graphic engine (frostbite maybe?) and all the lore issues fixed... that would be actually great.
    InnerMoon ist offline

12. #12 Zitieren
    Demigod Avatar von Bastardo
    Zitat Zitat von RoastedCashew Beitrag anzeigen
    Perhaps a Risen/Gothic crossover hahaha. Since Risen is based on the pirates from the Gothic 2 expansion haha - I mean both worlds have pretty much the same monsters, could work
    Not even joking I would probably really enjoy that haha.
    Indeed, that could work. Nothing in Gothic or Risen outright precludes the two being set in the same "continuity". Hell, the two series on the whole seem more reconcilable externally than internally (think Gothic 2 vs. 3 or Risen 1 vs. 2), so...
    Bastardo ist offline

13. #13 Zitieren
    Lehrling
    I don't want Gothic 5 too. I love Gothic series, but be serious... In Poland Gothic series is Risen curse, because people have in their mind idealized old Gothic and keep compare it to Risen. They can't look at Risen as new series or new game, so everything that will be new in Gothic 5 will work against that game, even if it will be great game.

Just look at HoMM3 HD, most of people hate it while most hardcore fans like it. Why? Because people better remember the good things than bad, and after all this years game in their mind is much better than it really is.

Why we are trying to make Gothic like assassins creed series? It's not the series define the game, but games define the series. Risen 3 was good step forward, Calador, Skull Island, Demon Hunter, it's nothing since it's in Risen series?

Of course i trust PB, if they decide to make new Gothic, i'll buy it and i'll play it. But already I'm waiting for Risen 4: Finally We Not On Islands
    xenonisbad ist offline

14. #14 Zitieren
    Warrior
    I don't want a Gothic 5, because there is no Gothic 4.

Seriously, as much as I love Gothic 3, it is a way different game than the first 2 and for me it is not really a continuation, but a unique game. Piranha Bytes needs a fresh new franchise, preferably not in medieval or pirate or fantasy setting. My 2 cents.
    rotator ist offline

15. #15 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Zitat Zitat von rotator Beitrag anzeigen
    I don't want a Gothic 5, because there is no Gothic 4.
    As PB put it repeatedly, Arcania is not cannon for them. A Gothic 5 will be a direct sequel to Gothic 3, we just use that terminology to avoid confusion with an Arcania remake or smth like that.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

16. #16 Zitieren
    Adventurer Avatar von Misanthrope
    "Nameless Hero after becoming King Rhobar is sent back in time..." (in the link)

What the hell???
    Misanthrope ist offline

17. #17 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von Misanthrope Beitrag anzeigen
    What the hell???
    The guy was just sharing his idea for a possible plot. It's silly, sure, but it's not like he's asking you to sign the petition for that exact plot to be implemented in the game

EDIT:
    Checked out the list of signatories. A vast majority of them are from Russia. I'm sure there are reasons for that, but as it is, it looks quite funny somehow
    The Ore Baron ist offline Geändert von The Ore Baron (13.05.2015 um 09:02 Uhr)

18. #18 Zitieren
    Demigod Avatar von Dino
    Gothic 5? No thanks. I'd rather have a graphic rework of gothic 1 and 2 with bug fixes and smooth performance without crashing. Also, I'd like to see the "unfinished" gothic 1 parts - like with the rogues near the troll canyon and perhaps more of the Chromanin story. Hell, a prequel would be nice... or another event taking part in Myrtana and Khorinis. Maybe even the Southern Isles(or whatever they were called).
    Dino ist offline