Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 5 von 8 « Erste 12345678 Letzte »
Ergebnis 81 bis 100 von 143
  1. #81 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Andante
    Straight to the questions

1) Will the hero of your new game start completely from scratch as a nobody and develop his skills, abilities and story through his in-game actions (Risen 1 approach) or will he rather be already skilled up with a backstory supporting him (R2 & R3 approach) ?

2) Will we be able to sit on a couch, use a bed, light a cigar and perform all these in-game actions of which former PB games were renowned for?

3) In which of your older games feels your new game closer to?

4) Will there be "minigames" or have you decided on taking a more "serious" approach this time?

5) I felt that exploration was lacking in your last games. What about now? Have you worked on it? Will the players have the desire to explore the land or will it be one of the same?
    Andante ist offline Geändert von Andante (08.06.2015 um 12:19 Uhr)

2. #82 Zitieren
    Kämpferin Avatar von Jenny PB
    Hello everybody,
    i hope you had a nice weekend. I'm looking forward to the next one. It's festival time...

Zitat Zitat von orc_dog Beitrag anzeigen
    Is there brothel like in G2?
    There will be some bad guys and nice women in the game. But it will be a little bit different than before...

Zitat Zitat von Torzac Beitrag anzeigen
    Hello Jenny,

I have been a huge fan of Piranha Bytes ever since I chanced upon Gothic at EB. Since then I have bought every game you have developed most multiple times. (kept losing the CDs when I moved) However when it came down to actually playing the games I had a real clear split. I loved the feel of Gothic the environment, the weapons, the storyline, and even the combat. I have beat each of the first 3 Gothics atleast 5 times each time trying out different combinations and storylines. On the other hand while I supported you with the Risen games (yes even buying them multiple times) I was never able to get into the world. The only one that I played for more than a few hours was the first one and I never bothered to finish it either. I was not a fan of the choice of weapons and was not drawn in by the storyline. I was hoping that you could let us know if the new game will be closer to Gothic or to Risen.

PS do you for see any future problems with your publishers?
    1. I think i can't answer the question without telling you something about the setting. I hope you will like it and there will be new weapons, new combat and of course a new storyline. I can tell you more about that during the summer.

2. No, i hope not. We're brave with the new game and believe in our skills. As long as we love making games, i hope we can assure others to play the game.

Zitat Zitat von Morgannin09 Beitrag anzeigen
    Compared to the individual maps in Risen 3, how big do you anticipate the maps of the next title to be?

Will the maps have a three-dimensional design, i.e. have more locations on mountainsides, cliffs, peaks, etc., or will you continue to develop relatively level landscapes with mountains and cliffs acting more like barriers?

Will different weapon types have functional differences? Risen 3 had three different classes of one-handed weapons that functioned no differently, they just dealt different damage types and the damage potential scaled with different stats. Will there be more variety, for example, like there was between one-handers, two-handers and polearms in Gothic 3?

Have you ever considered a design where different armor classes affect mobility and certain talents? For example, wearing heavy metal armor means you can't dodge, but you're immune to getting stunlocked from lighter hits, i.e. from small critters like goblins and spiders (but you can still be knocked down by a golem, and take longer to stand up once knocked down). Someone wearing lighter armor can get knocked around and stunned more readily and takes more damage, but they can dodge and riposte much more quickly and responsively.

Will ranged weapons have a physical projectile in this game that can be blocked/dodged? Risen 2 and 3 used more of a "hitscan" technique that used a random chance modified by factors like distance and skill level with the weapon, and I found it much less satisfying because it put a lot less of the skill in my own hands as a player, and also meant that if you were fighting enemies using guns, it was harder to avoid getting hit without using the invincibility frames of the dodge roll.
    1. Hm... There are two different things. On the one hand there will be the level and world design. There will be different kinds of locations and there will be some kind of altitude difference. I have seen some nice vista points, yet. On the other hand there will be a different kind of map than before...

2. Yes, there will be different weapons with functional differences. But i can't say much about it, because the weapondesign is not finished, yet.

3. Ranged weapons are not finished, too. But i can say that they will be different from Risen 2 and 3.

Zitat Zitat von IvanDado Beitrag anzeigen
    Hey Jenny!Will your new game have bows and crossbows?
    There will be more different kinds of ranged weapons in the game, but we will announce them later.

Zitat Zitat von warstrike Beitrag anzeigen
    Silly question ,but are there any chances that your next game would be a Gothic 2 copy? (Meaning : Guild system ,Job system,Chapters,Free world,Combat system,Replay value)
    The next game will definitely not be a copy. (Of course there will be some Piranha typical gameplay features, but more about that later)

Zitat Zitat von Andante Beitrag anzeigen
    Straight to the questions

1) Will the hero of your new game start completely from scratch as a nobody and develop his skills, abilities and story through his in-game actions (Risen 1 approach) or will he rather be already skilled up with a backstory supporting him (R2 & R3 approach) ?

2) Will we be able to sit on a couch, use a bed, light a cigar and perform all these in-game actions of which former PB games were renowned for?

3) In which of your older games feels your new game closer to?

4) Will there be "minigames" or have you decided on taking a more "serious" approach this time?

5) I felt that exploration was lacking in your last games. What about now? Have you worked on it? Will the players have the desire to explore the land or will it be one of the same?
    1. The hero has got a background story... but it is not comparable to our previous games. And i won't tell you something about it. You have to play it first.

2. There will be interactive objects in the world, of course. But the design and animation list is not finished, yet.

3. I'm biting my tongue... On the one hand it's a typical piranha game... On the other hand there will be many interesting new things... Ask me again in a few weeks.

4. Nice question. Yes, we will be more serious this time. There will be less minigames. One for example is lockpicking...

5. We discussed that very long and there will be different ways to improve that. You should see more interesting locations from afar, there will be more about the worlds background,
    there will be more possibilities to use items and so on. I think explorer should like it.

Kind Regards,
    Jenny
    Jenny PB ist offline

3. #83 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Testing my luck here, but is your game a sequel or not?
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

4. #84 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von catalinux
    Zitat Zitat von Jenny PB Beitrag anzeigen
    There will be some bad guys and nice women in the game. But it will be a little bit different than before...
    What about a bad woman? Because... The female is more deadly than the male, as Rudyard Kipling wrote.
    catalinux ist offline

5. #85 Zitieren
    Lehrling
    So...

I can tell you more about that during the summer
    Ask me again in a few weeks.
    1. If any of you will be at E3 this year? :>

2. Do you plan something special for announcement, or it will it be only a tittle, one or two pictures and a basic informations? I know that game is in early development, so it will be hard to make something more than that, but i am curious.

3. What climate did you plan for the game? Risen 3 had some dark in it (Calador, Skull Island), and a lot of funny and light moment (Kila, most of Taranis), that was a unique combination, but sometimes it was odd. Humanity is losing a war for survival, shadows are destroying an island and i was laughing most of the time. And it wasn't evil laugh.

4. Did you plan some bigger city in new project, like Khorinis or the Harbour City on Faranga, or there will be plenty smaller settlements?

5. Will in game appears some bigger, destroyed and dead locations, like Skull Island? That was some place to visit.

Whatever it is, good luck with your new project!
    xenonisbad ist offline

6. #86 Zitieren
    Hello again,

Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    Testing my luck here, but is your game a sequel or not?
    Nice try.

Zitat Zitat von catalinux Beitrag anzeigen
    What about a bad woman? Because... The female is more deadly than the male, as Rudyard Kipling wrote.
    Yes, there are very bad women, too.

Zitat Zitat von xenonisbad Beitrag anzeigen
    So...

1. If any of you will be at E3 this year? :>

2. Do you plan something special for announcement, or it will it be only a tittle, one or two pictures and a basic informations? I know that game is in early development, so it will be hard to make something more than that, but i am curious.

3. What climate did you plan for the game? Risen 3 had some dark in it (Calador, Skull Island), and a lot of funny and light moment (Kila, most of Taranis), that was a unique combination, but sometimes it was odd. Humanity is losing a war for survival, shadows are destroying an island and i was laughing most of the time. And it wasn't evil laugh.

4. Did you plan some bigger city in new project, like Khorinis or the Harbour City on Faranga, or there will be plenty smaller settlements?

5. Will in game appears some bigger, destroyed and dead locations, like Skull Island? That was some place to visit.

Whatever it is, good luck with your new project!
    1. No, sorry.
    2. You're right. It's early, but we hope we can arouse your curiosity.
    3. The game will be more dark than before at all. But there will be different kinds of climates in the game. It will be something special. I hope you will like it.
    4. There are different localities in the world. Better you decide on your own if they are huge enough for you.
    5. Yes.

Hope you can enjoy the great weather. Summer is coming.

Kind Regards
    Jenny PB ist offline

7. #87 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von catalinux
    Zitat Zitat von Jenny PB Beitrag anzeigen
    3. The game will be more dark than before at all. But there will be different kinds of climates in the game. It will be something special. I hope you will like it.
    So no zero gravity? (because you can't have a climate at zero gravity)
    But maybe absolute zero?
    catalinux ist offline

8. #88 Zitieren
    Apprentice
    Do you guys have new animations in your new game?What i really did not like about Risen 3 was how it had the same animations as Risen 2.Those things bother me a lot.Because of that Far Cry 4 was not a good game for me.It felt like i am playing Far Cry 3.5.It was the same situation with Risen 3 so i hope it wont happen again.Have a good day
    IvanDado ist offline

9. #89 Zitieren

Piranha-Bytes
    Do you guys have new animations in your new game?
    Yes.

What i really did not like about Risen 3 was how it had the same animations as Risen 2.
    Actually we re-used less than 50% of human animations from Risen 2 in Risen 3.
    Michael Rüve ist offline

10. #90 Zitieren

Piranha-Bytes
    Zitat Zitat von catalinux Beitrag anzeigen
    So no zero gravity? (because you can't have a climate at zero gravity)
    Looks to me like the original question misused the word "climate". Should probably have been "mood" instead.

And then it's exceedingly difficult to have zero gravity (mathematical zero!), so no, there won't be physically correct zero gravity in our game I think (of course you may want to use unknown methods like magic, divine intervention or advanced alien technology to create a zero gravity space. Who knows...). We are not developing a game set in outer space, though.
    Michael Rüve ist offline

11. #91 Zitieren
    Lehrling
    Are you planning to support your new project after its release?
    Chimalpopoca ist offline

12. #92 Zitieren
    Apprentice
    I have a question about comrades-in-arms.Will it be like in Risen 2 and 3 where you had companions,or will it be like in Risen 1 and the old Gothic games where you had to be solo?

Will your new game be hard,and will it be difficulty option in the game?I liked the old Gothic games where you just had to deal with the difficulty and thats it.Risen 2 and 3 were not that hard even on the hardest difficulty for me.

Do you have chapters in the game?I really liked that you brought chapters back for Risen 3.

What about environment?What I RALLY liked about Gothic 3 was how it had different environment.Is there a chance that there will be something like that in your new game?Or maybe at least some snowing weather?

Sorry in advance if you already answered to some of this questions.

Have a nice day
    IvanDado ist offline

13. #93 Zitieren
    Lehrling
    Will traders have their own amount of money like it was in Gothic and Gothic 3?
    Chimalpopoca ist offline

14. #94 Zitieren
    Apprentice
    I have a couple more questions.

Will you bring back food?What i mean is,will we have apples,breads,beers,hams etc. like in your older games,or will it be all in one like in your new games(provisions)?

Is your new game gonna have healing,mana etc. potions like in your old games?

One thing that bothered me the most with Risen 2 and 3 is that you would eat and drink everything instantly.There was no animations for that.Are you gonna bring back the animations for drinking and eating?

Thats all for now
    IvanDado ist offline

15. #95 Zitieren
    Lehrling Avatar von Laurealdin
    Hello Jenny,
    i hope you had nice weekend on festival

some questions:

1. Main theme from Risen 3 is titled "Risen farewell", so there was a conception that Risen 3 could be the last part of Risen series?

2. In polish release of instruction to Risen 3, we can read in introduction that "the fire titan is dead". We know well that in first Risen our Nameless hero defeated fire titan and bound him again in his prison - volcanic fortress. Is that mean that some other titan or titan lord fought with him and killed? What about Faragna, this suggest that this island is no longer exist or is completely destroyed?

thanks for answers and have a nice week!
    Laurealdin ist offline

16. #96 Zitieren
    Lehrling
    1. Will hero in new project have any unique abilities? It was good idea that hero in Risen 3 has unique skills, because his soul was in Shadow Realm.

2. Will we be able to swim in your new game? If yes, will it be similar to Risen 3 (no diving), Gothic series (diving), or maybe something new, like magic spell that allow us to transform into some water creature?

3. How big will it be this project? I'm not asking about the size of the land, but about time and money you're going to spend. Can you compare it to any other PB game?

4. If there will be magic, do you plan to make some non-combat spells, like illusion and joke in first Risen?

5. Why in Risen 3 there is no command console? Will it appear in your new project? It was fun to use it after beating a game, also very useful while making an article for Risen Wiki. And i miss Narrator NPC

Have a nice day!
    xenonisbad ist offline

17. #97 Zitieren
    Hello everybody,
    we had a really nice and long weekend and i'm happy about all news from the E3. I already have a wishlist for x-mas and we are looking forward to our own announcement in a few weeks.

Zitat Zitat von Chimalpopoca Beitrag anzeigen
    Are you planning to support your new project after its release?
    There will be an official support of course, but usually this part belongs to the publisher. We hope there will be no need to make any patches, but of course if any patches or additional content is desired we're going to realize it.

I have a question about comrades-in-arms.Will it be like in Risen 2 and 3 where you had companions,or will it be like in Risen 1 and the old Gothic games where you had to be solo?

Will your new game be hard,and will it be difficulty option in the game?I liked the old Gothic games where you just had to deal with the difficulty and thats it.Risen 2 and 3 were not that hard even on the hardest difficulty for me.

Do you have chapters in the game?I really liked that you brought chapters back for Risen 3.

What about environment?What I RALLY liked about Gothic 3 was how it had different environment.Is there a chance that there will be something like that in your new game?Or maybe at least some snowing weather?

Sorry in advance if you already answered to some of this questions.

Have a nice day
    1. You will be able to find any comrades in the game, but usually you can decide by your own, if you want to have some company.
    2. Yes, it will be harder than before. But there will be difficulties you can choose, too.
    3. We like to tell our story in chapters, too. So yes, there will be chapters.
    4. And yes, there will be different kinds of environment.

Zitat Zitat von Chimalpopoca Beitrag anzeigen
    Will traders have their own amount of money like it was in Gothic and Gothic 3?
    I don't think so.

I have a couple more questions.

Will you bring back food?What i mean is,will we have apples,breads,beers,hams etc. like in your older games,or will it be all in one like in your new games(provisions)?

Is your new game gonna have healing,mana etc. potions like in your old games?

One thing that bothered me the most with Risen 2 and 3 is that you would eat and drink everything instantly.There was no animations for that.Are you gonna bring back the animations for drinking and eating?

Thats all for now
    1. We didn't finished the item list, more about that soon.
    2. There will be kinds of different potions and more.
    3. Yes, we didn't finished the animations list but eat and drink animations are planned.

Zitat Zitat von Laurealdin Beitrag anzeigen
    Hello Jenny,
    i hope you had nice weekend on festival

some questions:

1. Main theme from Risen 3 is titled "Risen farewell", so there was a conception that Risen 3 could be the last part of Risen series?

2. In polish release of instruction to Risen 3, we can read in introduction that "the fire titan is dead". We know well that in first Risen our Nameless hero defeated fire titan and bound him again in his prison - volcanic fortress. Is that mean that some other titan or titan lord fought with him and killed? What about Faragna, this suggest that this island is no longer exist or is completely destroyed?

thanks for answers and have a nice week!
    The festival was really great but too short. We even met some guys from WOP and had a nice time.

1. This is just a working title. We didn't know at this point of development what game will be next.
    2. The fire titan got back into his prison and all magicians had to leave the island into exile. So there was nobody left to recharge him. The other thing is, that our hero never came back to Faranga but he found out, that most of the northern islands and landscapes got destroyed during the last years...

Zitat Zitat von xenonisbad Beitrag anzeigen
    1. Will hero in new project have any unique abilities? It was good idea that hero in Risen 3 has unique skills, because his soul was in Shadow Realm.

2. Will we be able to swim in your new game? If yes, will it be similar to Risen 3 (no diving), Gothic series (diving), or maybe something new, like magic spell that allow us to transform into some water creature?

3. How big will it be this project? I'm not asking about the size of the land, but about time and money you're going to spend. Can you compare it to any other PB game?

4. If there will be magic, do you plan to make some non-combat spells, like illusion and joke in first Risen?

5. Why in Risen 3 there is no command console? Will it appear in your new project? It was fun to use it after beating a game, also very useful while making an article for Risen Wiki. And i miss Narrator NPC

Have a nice day!
    1. Yes, he will.
    2. We don't know, yet.
    3. The new project is comparable to our last projects. Overall we need some years for development.
    4. We didn't finished the design, but there's something planned.
    5. We don't know, yet.

Hope you have a nice week, too.
    Kind Regards,
    Jenny
    Jenny PB ist offline

18. #98 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    1. What are the platforms your game will support? PC, XOne, PS4?
    2. What are the languages of the project?
    3. Has any decision been made concerning the copy protection? If it will use DRM, will there be special editions without it?
    4. What can you tell me about the engine?
    5. What about the physics in the game?
    6. Will there be a mod-kit?
    7. Will there be DLCs?
    8. Will the camera be locked behind the main char (R1) or be free (R2,3)? Will there be an option to lock it?
    9. Will there be a possibility to disable the mini-map or other such elements of the GUI?
    10. Will again the NPCs be immortal, except when the quest dictate that you can kill them?
    11. Will you improve the reactions of NPCs to your actions (as in brawling, thieving, social rank etc.)? Can you give us some examples?

Sorry for the large number of questions
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

19. #99 Zitieren
    Schwertmeister Avatar von warstrike
    1)Will the game title contain any numbers?
    warstrike ist offline

20. #100 Zitieren
    Hello there,

Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    1. What are the platforms your game will support? PC, XOne, PS4?
    2. What are the languages of the project?
    3. Has any decision been made concerning the copy protection? If it will use DRM, will there be special editions without it?
    4. What can you tell me about the engine?
    5. What about the physics in the game?
    6. Will there be a mod-kit?
    7. Will there be DLCs?
    8. Will the camera be locked behind the main char (R1) or be free (R2,3)? Will there be an option to lock it?
    9. Will there be a possibility to disable the mini-map or other such elements of the GUI?
    10. Will again the NPCs be immortal, except when the quest dictate that you can kill them?
    11. Will you improve the reactions of NPCs to your actions (as in brawling, thieving, social rank etc.)? Can you give us some examples?

Sorry for the large number of questions
    Most of your questions require an advanced point of development. But i try to do my best.
    1. All platforms will be announced in a few weeks.
    2. Localisation will start when all dialogues are written. So we don't know, yet. But i think it will be similar to our last projects.
    3. This is one of the last tasks, which will be discussed.
    4. It is our own engine. We improve it in several ways every project.
    5. We didn't finish the movement, yet. We're still testing different possibilities.
    6. It is planned that some of the elements can be disabled (like the Minimap). But not all GUI elements.
    7. There will be much more NPCs, which can be killed in the game.
    8. Yes, we want to improve some reactions, but we didn't finish the design, yet.

Zitat Zitat von warstrike Beitrag anzeigen
    1)Will the game title contain any numbers?
    No, i don't think so.

Kind Regards,
    Jenny
    Jenny PB ist offline

Seite 5 von 8 « Erste 12345678 Letzte »