Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 2 von 8 « Erste 123456 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 21 bis 40 von 143
  1. #21 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Grimmwulf
    1) Do you know if the design team at any point considered going with a viking setting instead of a pirate setting? If so, do you remember why it was decided against? I'm still hoping to see that in the future.

2) Is Tom Putzki's coffee mug still in that cabinet? If so, seeing as he left you well over 10 years ago, are you hoarders or just overly sentimental?
    Das war's mit dir, du Mistvieh!
    Verdammte Enten!
    Grimmwulf ist offline Geändert von Grimmwulf (20.04.2015 um 18:46 Uhr)

2. #22 Zitieren
    Kämpferin Avatar von Jenny PB
    Hello everybody,

Zitat Zitat von Grimmwulf Beitrag anzeigen
    1) Do you know if the design team at any point considered going with a viking setting instead of a pirate setting? If so, do you remember why it was decided against? I'm still hoping to see that in the future.

2) Is Tom Putzki's coffee mug still in that cabinet? If so, seeing as he left you well over 10 years ago, are you hoarders or just overly sentimental?
    1. At the beginning of a project we usually discuss different ideas and for Risen we decided to take a pirate setting, because it fits to our world and dialogues. But we can imagine many things.

2. Haha, no it isn't. Tom wanted to get a cup and he got one.

Kind Regards,
    Jenny
    Jenny PB ist offline

3. #23 Zitieren
    Warrior
    I have been somewhat following both the english and the german thread (via translator), but I might have missed something and might repeat what had been asked.

1) Are you going to return to the former experience/LP system or progress with the glory system? Personally, I find the glory system less limiting but I'd still enjoy seeing levels as they give a sense of progression.

2) Will the hero know the basics of most skills for the get-go? While this feature (or lack thereof) is heavily geared towards hardcore PB RP fans, with the latest skill system, I'd still find it better to have to learn the basics before attributes start to affect the stats. Having all the skills in your arsenal feels too streamlined...

3) Have you ever considered a tiered experience system? Might we see something on the sort? I've been toying with this idea in my mind and thinking PB series might actually fit it. For each type of action, you'd get experience of a certain type and this type would be visible in console/logbook. Opening locks = +thieving experience, pickpocketing = likewise (pickpocketing giving you progressively more experience was my favorite feature ever the way it was done in gothic 2 notr), combat experience, exploration, etc. It could either be only an eyecandy feature, or limit LPs/glory to a certain type of skill. I've seen games slowly move towards such a system and I am interested in knowing if PB (ever) considered it.

4) How much emphasis will be placed on settlements? Historically, there was a huge emphasis on visiting/revisiting locations (gothic1/2, risen 1) for quests etc. and there was A LOT to do there (usually 30-50 unique NPCs), whereas the latest game failed in this regard (NPCs far too scarce, few quests overall, few side quests based on chapter/guild progression). Alternatively, is exploration still the prerogative?

5) Will pickpocketing return to net you glory/experience?
    Talek ist offline Geändert von Talek (22.04.2015 um 21:04 Uhr)

4. #24 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Hello, Jenny! First, thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking the time to answer our questions. The PR was sorely missed.

Now, from an eurogamer interview with Mike Hoge there were some points which need clarification. (these things were stated by the editor)

1. Is PB Red a sub-label of Piranha Bytes?
    2. Is Mike Hoge still a partener at Piranha Bytes?

Thanks a bunch!
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

5. #25 Zitieren
    Hello everyone,

new questions and nice weather in Essen. I wonder where do you all come from? Here are some new answers.

Zitat Zitat von Talek Beitrag anzeigen
    I have been somewhat following both the english and the german thread (via translator), but I might have missed something and might repeat what had been asked.

1) Are you going to return to the former experience/LP system or progress with the glory system? Personally, I find the glory system less limiting but I'd still enjoy seeing levels as they give a sense of progression.

2) Will the hero know the basics of most skills for the get-go? While this feature (or lack thereof) is heavily geared towards hardcore PB RP fans, with the latest skill system, I'd still find it better to have to learn the basics before attributes start to affect the stats. Having all the skills in your arsenal feels too streamlined...

3) Have you ever considered a tiered experience system? Might we see something on the sort? I've been toying with this idea in my mind and thinking PB series might actually fit it. For each type of action, you'd get experience of a certain type and this type would be visible in console/logbook. Opening locks = +thieving experience, pickpocketing = likewise (pickpocketing giving you progressively more experience was my favorite feature ever the way it was done in gothic 2 notr), combat experience, exploration, etc. It could either be only an eyecandy feature, or limit LPs/glory to a certain type of skill. I've seen games slowly move towards such a system and I am interested in knowing if PB (ever) considered it.

4) How much emphasis will be placed on settlements? Historically, there was a huge emphasis on visiting/revisiting locations (gothic1/2, risen 1) for quests etc. and there was A LOT to do there (usually 30-50 unique NPCs), whereas the latest game failed in this regard (NPCs far too scarce, few quests overall, few side quests based on chapter/guild progression). Alternatively, is exploration still the prerogative?

5) Will pickpocketing return to net you glory/experience?
    1. We're discussing that. I personally prefer the LP System, because it's more explicit i think, but we will see and talk about that again.

2. We will change some things here, but we didn't finish, so i can't tell you something about the skillsystem, yet.

3. We thought about that, but i don't think we will consider it. We don't want to let the player do things in the game, he usually wouldn't do, just to get Points. So in our games the player should decide by himself.

4. It is a minimax principle. We want the player to have a great experience in every part of the game, so we will have bigger and smaller locations. They will be more different than before and i really like them. More about that in future.

Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen

1. Is PB Red a sub-label of Piranha Bytes?
    2. Is Mike Hoge still a partener at Piranha Bytes?

Thanks a bunch!
    We're two different companies with different teammembers, different offices and different projects. But we meet each other at parties.

Kind Regards,
    Jenny
    Jenny PB ist offline

6. #26 Zitieren
    Rookie Avatar von single
    Hello.

1) Does in your new game will be the nameless hero?
    2) The Arcania is a part of the Gothic Series?

(Sorry, my English is very bad)

Thanks.
    single ist offline

7. #27 Zitieren

Piranha-Bytes
    Zitat Zitat von single Beitrag anzeigen
    2) The Arcania is a part of the Gothic Series?
    Storyline and lore of Arcania and Arcania Fall Of Setariff are not considered to be part of the Gothic canon by us.
    Michael Rüve ist offline

8. #28 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Grimmwulf
    Zitat Zitat von Jenny PB Beitrag anzeigen
    Hello everyone,

New questions and nice weather in Essen. I wonder where do you all come from?
    Are you baiting us to break the rules, you devious piranha?

Zitat Zitat von foobar Beitrag anzeigen
    So please stick to the following rules:
    This thread is only for (real) questions to PB!
    I'm sure our penguin overlord Foobar is rallying his army to march on Essen as we speak. FOR THE LOVE OF ADANOS, BEWARE THE BEAKS!

[Bild: AngryPenguin.jpg][Bild: penguin_army.JPG]

That being said... in the form of a question... would the fact that I'm a Norwegian from the city of Drammen be an acceptable piece of information?
    Das war's mit dir, du Mistvieh!
    Verdammte Enten!
    Grimmwulf ist offline

9. #29 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von Morgannin09
    Zitat Zitat von Michael Rüve Beitrag anzeigen
    Storyline and lore of Arcania and Arcania Fall Of Setariff are not considered to be part of the Gothic canon by us.
    That is glorious to hear. But is Forsaken Gods considered canon? I've always wondered if the story of FG was, in any way, derived from notes or ideas you had for any kind of planned expansion or sequel to Gothic 3 before you chose to sever ties with JoWood. I'm sure that's been answered before, but it's hard for me to look for these things these days.
    YouTube channel for Let's Plays and shenanigans: https://www.youtube.com/c/Morgannin
    Morgannin09 ist offline

10. #30 Zitieren
    Rookie Avatar von single
    Hi again.

1) Are You planning to change old targeting system for free-aim one or just maybe improve it a little?
    2) Myrthana – like world from G3 or small corridor – like maps from Risen 2: Dark Waters and Risen 3: Titan Lords?
    3) You are no strangers to Skyrim Nexus or Steam Workshop, so will you implement some possibilities for player to modify their new games?
    4) Have you ever watched to Polish Gothic machinima?
    5) Are You considering decreasing amount of content and focus on technical aspects of the game itself?
    6) Are You planning to release another trilogy?
    7) Is it going to be sandbox world or linear world in Your new game? Possibilities for player to modify their new games?
    single ist offline

11. #31 Zitieren

Piranha-Bytes
    Zitat Zitat von Morgannin09 Beitrag anzeigen
    That is glorious to hear. But is Forsaken Gods considered canon?
    To answer that, someone here who has a say in what is canon would have to play it firsthand. As far as I know this has not been the case (note the difference to Arcania).

Zitat Zitat von Morgannin09 Beitrag anzeigen
    I've always wondered if the story of FG was, in any way, derived from notes or ideas you had for any kind of planned expansion or sequel to Gothic 3 before you chose to sever ties with JoWood.
    Nope. We had nothing to do with the creation and did not provide any material.
    Michael Rüve ist offline

12. #32 Zitieren
    Lehrling
    1. Could you tell us something about quests? I would like to know if they'll be completely linear or they'll have a particular impact on the development of the story

2. Are you still working with GENOME Engine?

3. When can we expect the announcement of your new project?

4. Are you planning to implement a dynamic scenes during the conversations? It's annoying that NPC or our character could only wave hands.

5. What about 'jump' animation? It'll still look like you're jumping with the shovel in the backside? And what about other animations? I wonder about their naturalness and liquidity. Can we expect something more exquisite?

6. Sorry for my english

7. Wird alles gut?

Thanks a lot!
    Chimalpopoca ist offline

13. #33 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Hey, Jenny, Romanian here

Is the climbing going to be free or scripted? Because if scripted, you are going to lose half the brownie points I am willing to give you.

Also, please tell me QTEs are no longer a part of your plans.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

14. #34 Zitieren
    Demigod Avatar von Dino
    Greetings Jenny,

I'm from Bulgaria.

Here are two questions:

1. Will your new game be mod-friendly?

2. Do you aim to target the "speedrunners" with it? Will there be hidden shortcuts and intentional "glitches" left for people to use to skip certain parts of the game? Does the game only progress when certain criteria is met? Well this is a difficult question since there are a lot of factors to consider.
    Dino ist offline

15. #35 Zitieren
    Schwertmeister Avatar von warstrike
    Hello PB!

What are the chances that you will release a remastered version of Gothic 1/Gothic(HD ,updates,patches) ? Have you ever thought about that?
    warstrike ist offline

16. #36 Zitieren
    Lehrling
    Hello again

1. I'm worried about level of difficulty of your new project, because Risen 3 was really very easy, even on the 'ultra' level of difficulty, which has failed many players. Are you going to change it?

2. Will there be critical effects such as stunt, knockdown, freeze, slow down, ignition etc.?

3. If so, will we be able to finish off the stunned monster/human/something else?

4. We know that you are a small team, but is it possible to see a solid technological leap? Better animations, graphics, etc.

5. Will we see a decent character models?

And sorry for my english

Have a nice day!
    Chimalpopoca ist offline Geändert von Chimalpopoca (25.04.2015 um 20:08 Uhr)

17. #37 Zitieren
    Hello everybody,
    thanks for your answers, i think it is really interesting to see, that you come from many different countries.

Zitat Zitat von Grimmwulf Beitrag anzeigen
    That being said... in the form of a question... would the fact that I'm a Norwegian from the city of Drammen be an acceptable piece of information?
    Exceptions prove the rule and i see you found a smart way to walk the line.

Zitat Zitat von single Beitrag anzeigen
    Hi again.

1) Are You planning to change old targeting system for free-aim one or just maybe improve it a little?
    2) Myrthana – like world from G3 or small corridor – like maps from Risen 2: Dark Waters and Risen 3: Titan Lords?
    3) You are no strangers to Skyrim Nexus or Steam Workshop, so will you implement some possibilities for player to modify their new games?
    4) Have you ever watched to Polish Gothic machinima?
    5) Are You considering decreasing amount of content and focus on technical aspects of the game itself?
    6) Are You planning to release another trilogy?
    7) Is it going to be sandbox world or linear world in Your new game? Possibilities for player to modify their new games?
    1. We didn't finish anything, yet. But we will improve many things.
    2. I will tell you more about the new world after the announcement.
    3. There's no such thing planned, yet.
    4. Yes, we did. Not long ago we made an interview for them. But unfortunately nobody here speaks Polish.
    5. No, we don't. We think it is a strength to have much content you can play with and of course we want to improve the technical aspects of the game, but we all have to concentrate ourselves to our own department and do our best.
    6. We usually have to plan one project by one, so first of all we make a new game.
    7. See 2. and 3.

Zitat Zitat von Laurealdin Beitrag anzeigen

1. which phase of creating game is according to you the most difficult? Could you tell us
    more or less in which phase is your current project?

2. Risen 3 unfortunately did not get the full voice location in our country.
    Do you may know whom should we ask for the possibility of create dubbing for your new project?
    1. Crunch times are most difficult. Sometimes we are very busy with some aspects and the time to implement them is really short. In these times we often work at the weekend and in the evening, too.
    But on the other hand we are very happy to finish a critical time. At the moment we're working on many designs and implement first things in the game. There's no game to play, yet but we improve our engine and technical features, make many artworks on the basis of our concept, finish the design of characters and main story and lay the foundations to generate the content.

2. The decision rests with the publisher. Of course we would like to see a voice localisation of our games to many languages, but unfortunately the effort is sometimes not profitable.

Zitat Zitat von Chimalpopoca Beitrag anzeigen
    1. Could you tell us something about quests? I would like to know if they'll be completely linear or they'll have a particular impact on the development of the story

2. Are you still working with GENOME Engine?

3. When can we expect the announcement of your new project?

4. Are you planning to implement a dynamic scenes during the conversations? It's annoying that NPC or our character could only wave hands.

5. What about 'jump' animation? It'll still look like you're jumping with the shovel in the backside? And what about other animations? I wonder about their naturalness and liquidity. Can we expect something more exquisite?

6. Sorry for my english

7. Wird alles gut?
    1. We designed many quests and you will be more free than before. Sometimes there is no right way so you have to decide by your own and NPCs will like or dislkie your behavior and decisions will have an impact. We will tell you more about that later.

2.Yes, and we improved it a lot. I think the game will be very beautiful.

3. Soon.

4. In our games you can usually talk to everyone to an unknown point of time. So of course we improve our camera system, dialogue system and animations but it is not possible to stage every conversation. Just some of them.

5. We will have new animations for the new project.

6. The clou is to understand each other.

7. Alles wird gut!

Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen

Is the climbing going to be free or scripted? Because if scripted, you are going to lose half the brownie points I am willing to give you.

Also, please tell me QTEs are no longer a part of your plans.
    In the past players often climbed everywhere (scarbs, mountains, holes etc.) and this sadly caused many bugs, we weren't able to fix. So to avoid a bug disaster, we don't want the player to climb scarbs, that are too steep. But... yes the world will be free and you will be able to explore the most.

And QTEs? There will be more about the features after the announcement.

Zitat Zitat von Dino Beitrag anzeigen

1. Will your new game be mod-friendly?

2. Do you aim to target the "speedrunners" with it? Will there be hidden shortcuts and intentional "glitches" left for people to use to skip certain parts of the game? Does the game only progress when certain criteria is met? Well this is a difficult question since there are a lot of factors to consider.
    1. There's nothing planned like this, yet.

2. First of all we want to make a game that makes fun. To tell a believable story there will be things the player should have seen or done, till the story can go on and if you find some glitches they were not planned, i think. But there will be possibilities to get faster or slowlier through the game, if you know it, of course.

Zitat Zitat von warstrike Beitrag anzeigen
    What are the chances that you will release a remastered version of Gothic 1/Gothic(HD ,updates,patches) ? Have you ever thought about that?
    At the moment no remastered version of any Gothic is planned.

Zitat Zitat von Chimalpopoca Beitrag anzeigen
    Hello again

1. I'm worried about level of difficulty of your new project, because Risen 3 was really very easy, even on the 'ultra' level of difficulty, which has failed many players. Are you going to change it?

2. Will there be critical effects such as stunt, knockdown, freeze, slow down, ignition etc.?

3. If so, will we be able to finish off the stunned monster/human/something else?

4. We know that you are a small team, but is it possible to see a solid technological leap? Better animations, graphics, etc.

5. Will we see a decent character models?

And sorry for my english

Have a nice day!
    1. We have some ideas to improve this.

2. Yes, there will be some nice features, but i won't spoiler them now.

3. I'm not sure, if i understand the question right... There will be no finishing move like in gothic, but there will be many monsters/humans/something else you can kill.

4. Yes, i hope so.

5. We will have new heads, faces, clothes and animations, so i think so.

I hope some of your questions could be answered. More will be soon.

Kind Regards,
    Jenny
    Jenny PB ist offline

18. #38 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Zitat Zitat von Jenny PB Beitrag anzeigen
    In the past players often climbed everywhere (scarbs, mountains, holes etc.) and this sadly caused many bugs, we weren't able to fix. So to avoid a bug disaster, we don't want the player to climb scarbs, that are too steep. But... yes the world will be free and you will be able to explore the most.
    But we looooved that!!!!!!!! So what? Let us break out game, it's our responsibility. Just give an ini or menu option to enable free climbing, who cares about the bugs?

Also, wouldn't it be simpler to just script unclimbable areas rather than suck all the life out of your game?
    Maladiq ist offline

19. #39 Zitieren
    Apprentice
    Hey Jenny,it is really nice to see how you communicate with the community

I have only two questions:

Will your new game be available on PS4 and Xbox One?

Will your game be set in a medieval time?
    IvanDado ist offline

20. #40 Zitieren
    Rookie Avatar von wedkarski
    Hello everybody,

1) Are you going to put in your new game firearms? What about magic?
    2) Do you take care about fans’ suggestions about your new game? How important is the community in this and previous Piranha Bytes’ projects?
    3) What about monsters? Are you going to include in your new game wolfs, dragons, trolls and other popular ones? Is the bestiary going to be more realistic or fantastic?
    4) Are you going to put in your new game some easter eggs, like in your previous projects?
    Polish ELEX Wikia
    First ELEX encyclopedia
    wedkarski ist offline

Seite 2 von 8 « Erste 123456 ... Letzte »