Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Seite 9 von 9 « Erste ... 256789
Ergebnis 161 bis 169 von 169
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #161 Zitieren
    Apprentice Avatar von DarkGoth

DarkGoth ist offline
    i hope these notes helps you make this patch always better, near the perfection:

-CHAPTER 2-

Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    1) i am a Shadow, and Bloodwyn always looks for his tribute.

2) In Extremo plays their concert. I thought it was disabled.

3) Occasionally, when i remove my shield, the Hero extract his weapon with the shield animation active.
    The Hero grip an invisible shield, and in the other hand, the blade. If you want a screenshot, tell me. When this happens, i haven't anymore my 1st level training (4 attack-combinations), but only the novice-inizial level. I don't know how, but this happens off and on... and i have to change/remove my weapons to make everything works fine.

4) Skip owns the store's key. I suggest this possibility: steal the key from him (with pickpocketing), and not having it for free when we decide to shop with him.

5) -Geschnorrt wird hier nicht. This phrase is present when we talk with the new cook Halvor.

6) new monsters: i find them perfectly added in the setting.
    I'm in the Chapter 2 yet and i've just saw a (very) few of them. One red-scavenger (with 1 egg in his loot) a couple of boars and 1 hyena. Basically, this is not a real problem, they are a rare type of beats and that's ok.

But maybe you should slightly increase their number.
    Example: a group of 4 scavenger, you remove one of them and put one red scavenger. In this way, the experience is not affected.
    Hyenas and wild boars, instead, you can create sporadic group of them (3 or 4 elements)

7) i don't find any vendor selling salt.
    Geändert von DarkGoth (07.12.2017 um 23:59 Uhr)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #162 Zitieren
    M's Prime number Avatar von catalinux

catalinux ist offline
    Thanks for the report, I'll check what's wrong

2. I enabled In Extremo for my own pleasure, and I forget to disable it...

4. indeed. I will add his key only as a trophy (he will have it only if he is dead).

5. I wasn't happy with the translation, so I let this to remind me to check a better translation.

6. I forgot to add one alligator... they will stay so, limited in numbers, I thinks it's better this way. The red scavenger is a kind of tribute to Gothic 3... Good idea to change in a group of scavengers one for being red.. I'll try this, I like it.

7. I was in a hurry, I'll add salt to merchant's inventory.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #163 Zitieren

DarkGoth ist offline
    -new quest: is very enjoyable and well inserted. It's short, but gives meaning to the new cooking feature, where all begins.
    I suggest you to think about this, maybe when the patch is finished: create a pack of 10/12 new quests to be distributed for the various chapters. Chapter 1 is the only with many quests, but the 2nd, 3rd... they offer nothing except the Main.
    I hope you will take in consideration this idea.

-"Shrike's hut": i think this quest needs a little fix.
    After the permission from Gorn, to take the hut, i ask Shrike "how's things?" and he answers me "get lost". So i beat him, and when he gets up, i don't have any dialogue with him or Gorn neither. The quest stays open of course, and only after some days (i don't remember precisely), when i've returned to the New Camp, i had the possibility to send away Shrike from the hut, completing the quest.
    Geändert von DarkGoth (11.12.2017 um 13:32 Uhr)

4. Beiträge anzeigen #164 Zitieren

catalinux ist offline
    -"Shrike's hut" I checked it in game, and surprise.. after I learn from Gorn about the hut, when I speak again with Shrike I have only the option END. So I beat him, and as soon as he regains his conscience, I can tell him Get lost.
    There is something broken here, I will fix it.

New quest - I added this one because it is inspired from the Sequel; this is actually a simplified version. I also plan to add another quest involving Alchemy - again, inspired from the Sequel.

I'm not a big fan as fan-made quests - sure, some can be great, but for UnPatch I prefer to stay as true as possible to the original content.

This is why some features are not enabled by default..
    For example, you can get a Hunter Diary (insert hunterdiary) where you can see the amount of killed monsters and people. But would it be a great idea to make it available?

I had previously created a mod called Ginger (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...Release-Ginger). Would any of it fit in UnPatch?

5. Beiträge anzeigen #165 Zitieren

DarkGoth ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von catalinux Beitrag anzeigen
    New quest - I added this one because it is inspired from the Sequel; this is actually a simplified version. I also plan to add another quest involving Alchemy - again, inspired from the Sequel.
    I did not know that the idea for that quest was inspired from the Sequel. Good to know.

I'm not a big fan as fan-made quests - sure, some can be great, but for UnPatch I prefer to stay as true as possible to the original content.
    ok, i understand perfectly your way of seeing this patch. Maybe, if you find some/other quests from the original Sequel, you can implement them (simplified version or much more structured).

For example, you can get a Hunter Diary (insert hunterdiary) where you can see the amount of killed monsters and people. But would it be a great idea to make it available?

I had previously created a mod called Ginger (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...Release-Ginger). Would any of it fit in UnPatch?
    The hunter-diary is a nice touch. Next time i load my savegame, i'll check it.
    Personally, maybe this is not a tangible feature to implement. I mean, is it just for fun, in my opinion.

I did not know anything about Ginger either:
    - small changes to WORLD.ZEN (if anyone wants to sleep in a hidden cave, or under the dark-blue sky)

- you have a 10 percent chance to get 1 ore lump (if you mine for 10 in-game hours, you might have enough ore to pay the protection money to the guards inside the Old Camp, and buy yourself a loaf of grilled meat - well, maybe more, if you have a lucky day...)

Cool features.

personal suggestion:
    -create at least one recipe that involves the use of mushrooms too (hell mushrooms and slave's bread) with meat perhaps, or meatbug.

-dereclict mine: there maybe you can add some zombies too. Personally, I would prefer a reason to explore it.
    Maybe a couple of dialogue's lines about this place (not a quest, but at least an input given to us by some NPCs). In the OldMine, there is 1 NPC that talk about this, Grimes, a digger near Ian. Well, I see him as a perfect candidate for this.

-i don't remember if this happens in the vanilla game too but, in the Chapter 4, the Old Mine collapses. Well, is equally explorable. You can enter without problem, and obtain more experience killing the guards. I find this... anomalous. It should not happen.

Anyway, you're doing a great job. Can you let us know when the next version will be release?
    Geändert von DarkGoth (12.12.2017 um 00:09 Uhr)

6. Beiträge anzeigen #166 Zitieren

catalinux ist offline
    The next version will be released on 30 December. I'll have a couple of free days before so I'll be able to work on it. Thanks to your input, I have quite a work to do

Most of the quests from Sequel involve new NPCs or story line... But some can be added without changing the Gothic 1 plot. I'll add those, for sure.

In Snaf's chest you can find a book, "Whimsical mushroom dishes". Read it, and you'll be able to cook mushrooms. With bread, cheese and ham. This is what I learned from the Sequel.

Can you think at any good lines / quest involving Grimes and the Derelict mine? I'm willing to add them to UnPatch.

The Old Mine in Chapter 4.. indeed, we shouldn't be able to enter it. I could close the gate. I let it open as in the original game because I was collecting every bit of experience possible. But your are right, it should stay closed.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #167 Zitieren

DarkGoth ist offline
    The next version will be released on 30 December. I'll have a couple of free days before so I'll be able to work on it. Thanks to your input, I have quite a work to do
    Very well indeed. Currently i'm in the 4th Chapter, so i think to finish the game with the Unpatch 0.6, but I will test every new UnPatch release, in the future. (i should play like a magician...)

In Snaf's chest you can find a book, "Whimsical mushroom dishes". Read it, and you'll be able to cook mushrooms. With bread, cheese and ham. This is what I learned from the Sequel.
    Ok, good, i'll do it. In this run i play like a hunter, so it did not occur to me to rob Snaf. However, i've found another book that involves the use of swampweed (good work, it was well hidden).

Can you think at any good lines / quest involving Grimes and the Derelict mine? I'm willing to add them to UnPatch.
    Grimes original dialogues lines:
    Grimes: i've already been here 10 years. Believe me. I've learned and experienced quite a lot here.
    I've encountered many dangers and amanged to stay alive.
    In the old times, when we worked in the abandoned Mine, the one which is deserted now, and the supporting beams collapsed. But that's old stories.

Hero:
    - (only available option) you must have heard about many escape plans as well.
    - (possible new dialogue line) tell me more about the Abandoned Mine. (usually Hero ask something like that, in many dialogues)

Grimes:
    - (new dialogue line about it): well, what can i say, boy. At the beginning, that Mine too belongs to Gomez. There was only the OldCamp in the Colony, and many people before abandoning it, lived in that camp.
    Many of these convicted works in that Mine too. Even there (cough cough), from time to time, several minecrawlers could be glimpsed. The transport of metal was more convenient, because of the proximity to the exchange-market place.
    (tired) Then, after years of quiet work, everything changed. I lived there day and night, it can be said. I even lost a few letters from my daughter, they helped me keep going...

Hero:
    - i'm sorry to hear that, you've gone through dark hours in all these years.

Grimes:
    -(heartbroken) yes, you can say it for sure.

Hero:
    -I tell you this: i don't promise nothing, but if i can, i'll take a look inside that damn place, and i'll bring you those letters.

...possible other few dialogues-lines for finish the question...

So, more or less, this is my personal part of Grimes' story. I hope you like it a little bit. As you know, the Old Mine collapse too in the Chapter 4, and i don't remember if Grimes will survive... (he appears in Gothic 2?)
    1) if Grimes survive: Hero can find him in the outer-ring of the OldCamp (when we teleport in later chapters to kill Gomez and guards, ecc we are able to give him the letters)

2) OR, we can find Grimes at the entrance of the OldMine (in Chapter 4 or 5). Maybe with some other survivors.

3) if Grimes die: well... we have to manage a way to complete this new quest, even if Grimes die.

4) about the letters: we have some options. We can find a couple of those letters inside a chest. And the third spread on the ground in the Derelict Mine. I don't know, you have the last word. In my opinion, we could also avoid writing the content of this letters.
    You can use the model/texture of some document already present in the game, and simply rename it.

5) my english si not so perfect, so if you accept those lines, feel free to modify/correct them.
    Geändert von DarkGoth (12.12.2017 um 20:09 Uhr)

8. Beiträge anzeigen #168 Zitieren

catalinux ist offline
    Well... I really like your idea about the quest involving Grimes and the missing letters... You should also write the letters, tell me where to insert them and it's done.. I'm not kidding.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #169 Zitieren

DarkGoth ist offline
    Well... I really like your idea about the quest involving Grimes and the missing letters... You should also write the letters, tell me where to insert them and it's done.. I'm not kidding.
    ok, it's a honor for me

give me a couple of days and i'll report everything here: all dialogues, letters and their position.

Seite 9 von 9 « Erste ... 256789