Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Seite 9 von 17 « Erste ... 2567891011121316 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 161 bis 180 von 336
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #161 Zitieren
    Adventurer Avatar von DarkGoth

DarkGoth ist offline
    i hope these notes helps you make this patch always better, near the perfection:

-CHAPTER 2-

Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    1) i am a Shadow, and Bloodwyn always looks for his tribute.

2) In Extremo plays their concert. I thought it was disabled.

3) Occasionally, when i remove my shield, the Hero extract his weapon with the shield animation active.
    The Hero grip an invisible shield, and in the other hand, the blade. If you want a screenshot, tell me. When this happens, i haven't anymore my 1st level training (4 attack-combinations), but only the novice-inizial level. I don't know how, but this happens off and on... and i have to change/remove my weapons to make everything works fine.

4) Skip owns the store's key. I suggest this possibility: steal the key from him (with pickpocketing), and not having it for free when we decide to shop with him.

5) -Geschnorrt wird hier nicht. This phrase is present when we talk with the new cook Halvor.

6) new monsters: i find them perfectly added in the setting.
    I'm in the Chapter 2 yet and i've just saw a (very) few of them. One red-scavenger (with 1 egg in his loot) a couple of boars and 1 hyena. Basically, this is not a real problem, they are a rare type of beats and that's ok.

But maybe you should slightly increase their number.
    Example: a group of 4 scavenger, you remove one of them and put one red scavenger. In this way, the experience is not affected.
    Hyenas and wild boars, instead, you can create sporadic group of them (3 or 4 elements)

7) i don't find any vendor selling salt.
    Geändert von DarkGoth (07.12.2017 um 22:59 Uhr)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #162 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von catalinux

catalinux ist offline
    Thanks for the report, I'll check what's wrong

2. I enabled In Extremo for my own pleasure, and I forget to disable it...

4. indeed. I will add his key only as a trophy (he will have it only if he is dead).

5. I wasn't happy with the translation, so I let this to remind me to check a better translation.

6. I forgot to add one alligator... they will stay so, limited in numbers, I thinks it's better this way. The red scavenger is a kind of tribute to Gothic 3... Good idea to change in a group of scavengers one for being red.. I'll try this, I like it.

7. I was in a hurry, I'll add salt to merchant's inventory.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #163 Zitieren

DarkGoth ist offline
    -new quest: is very enjoyable and well inserted. It's short, but gives meaning to the new cooking feature, where all begins.
    I suggest you to think about this, maybe when the patch is finished: create a pack of 10/12 new quests to be distributed for the various chapters. Chapter 1 is the only with many quests, but the 2nd, 3rd... they offer nothing except the Main.
    I hope you will take in consideration this idea.

-"Shrike's hut": i think this quest needs a little fix.
    After the permission from Gorn, to take the hut, i ask Shrike "how's things?" and he answers me "get lost". So i beat him, and when he gets up, i don't have any dialogue with him or Gorn neither. The quest stays open of course, and only after some days (i don't remember precisely), when i've returned to the New Camp, i had the possibility to send away Shrike from the hut, completing the quest.
    Geändert von DarkGoth (11.12.2017 um 12:32 Uhr)

4. Beiträge anzeigen #164 Zitieren

catalinux ist offline
    -"Shrike's hut" I checked it in game, and surprise.. after I learn from Gorn about the hut, when I speak again with Shrike I have only the option END. So I beat him, and as soon as he regains his conscience, I can tell him Get lost.
    There is something broken here, I will fix it.

New quest - I added this one because it is inspired from the Sequel; this is actually a simplified version. I also plan to add another quest involving Alchemy - again, inspired from the Sequel.

I'm not a big fan as fan-made quests - sure, some can be great, but for UnPatch I prefer to stay as true as possible to the original content.

This is why some features are not enabled by default..
    For example, you can get a Hunter Diary (insert hunterdiary) where you can see the amount of killed monsters and people. But would it be a great idea to make it available?

I had previously created a mod called Ginger (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...Release-Ginger). Would any of it fit in UnPatch?

5. Beiträge anzeigen #165 Zitieren

DarkGoth ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von catalinux Beitrag anzeigen
    New quest - I added this one because it is inspired from the Sequel; this is actually a simplified version. I also plan to add another quest involving Alchemy - again, inspired from the Sequel.
    I did not know that the idea for that quest was inspired from the Sequel. Good to know.

I'm not a big fan as fan-made quests - sure, some can be great, but for UnPatch I prefer to stay as true as possible to the original content.
    ok, i understand perfectly your way of seeing this patch. Maybe, if you find some/other quests from the original Sequel, you can implement them (simplified version or much more structured).

For example, you can get a Hunter Diary (insert hunterdiary) where you can see the amount of killed monsters and people. But would it be a great idea to make it available?

I had previously created a mod called Ginger (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...Release-Ginger). Would any of it fit in UnPatch?
    The hunter-diary is a nice touch. Next time i load my savegame, i'll check it.
    Personally, maybe this is not a tangible feature to implement. I mean, is it just for fun, in my opinion.

I did not know anything about Ginger either:
    - small changes to WORLD.ZEN (if anyone wants to sleep in a hidden cave, or under the dark-blue sky)

- you have a 10 percent chance to get 1 ore lump (if you mine for 10 in-game hours, you might have enough ore to pay the protection money to the guards inside the Old Camp, and buy yourself a loaf of grilled meat - well, maybe more, if you have a lucky day...)

Cool features.

personal suggestion:
    -create at least one recipe that involves the use of mushrooms too (hell mushrooms and slave's bread) with meat perhaps, or meatbug.

-dereclict mine: there maybe you can add some zombies too. Personally, I would prefer a reason to explore it.
    Maybe a couple of dialogue's lines about this place (not a quest, but at least an input given to us by some NPCs). In the OldMine, there is 1 NPC that talk about this, Grimes, a digger near Ian. Well, I see him as a perfect candidate for this.

-i don't remember if this happens in the vanilla game too but, in the Chapter 4, the Old Mine collapses. Well, is equally explorable. You can enter without problem, and obtain more experience killing the guards. I find this... anomalous. It should not happen.

Anyway, you're doing a great job. Can you let us know when the next version will be release?
    Geändert von DarkGoth (11.12.2017 um 23:09 Uhr)

6. Beiträge anzeigen #166 Zitieren

catalinux ist offline
    The next version will be released on 30 December. I'll have a couple of free days before so I'll be able to work on it. Thanks to your input, I have quite a work to do

Most of the quests from Sequel involve new NPCs or story line... But some can be added without changing the Gothic 1 plot. I'll add those, for sure.

In Snaf's chest you can find a book, "Whimsical mushroom dishes". Read it, and you'll be able to cook mushrooms. With bread, cheese and ham. This is what I learned from the Sequel.

Can you think at any good lines / quest involving Grimes and the Derelict mine? I'm willing to add them to UnPatch.

The Old Mine in Chapter 4.. indeed, we shouldn't be able to enter it. I could close the gate. I let it open as in the original game because I was collecting every bit of experience possible. But your are right, it should stay closed.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #167 Zitieren

DarkGoth ist offline
    The next version will be released on 30 December. I'll have a couple of free days before so I'll be able to work on it. Thanks to your input, I have quite a work to do
    Very well indeed. Currently i'm in the 4th Chapter, so i think to finish the game with the Unpatch 0.6, but I will test every new UnPatch release, in the future. (i should play like a magician...)

In Snaf's chest you can find a book, "Whimsical mushroom dishes". Read it, and you'll be able to cook mushrooms. With bread, cheese and ham. This is what I learned from the Sequel.
    Ok, good, i'll do it. In this run i play like a hunter, so it did not occur to me to rob Snaf. However, i've found another book that involves the use of swampweed (good work, it was well hidden).

Can you think at any good lines / quest involving Grimes and the Derelict mine? I'm willing to add them to UnPatch.
    Grimes original dialogues lines:
    Grimes: i've already been here 10 years. Believe me. I've learned and experienced quite a lot here.
    I've encountered many dangers and amanged to stay alive.
    In the old times, when we worked in the abandoned Mine, the one which is deserted now, and the supporting beams collapsed. But that's old stories.

Hero:
    - (only available option) you must have heard about many escape plans as well.
    - (possible new dialogue line) tell me more about the Abandoned Mine. (usually Hero ask something like that, in many dialogues)

Grimes:
    - (new dialogue line about it): well, what can i say, boy. At the beginning, that Mine too belongs to Gomez. There was only the OldCamp in the Colony, and many people before abandoning it, lived in that camp.
    Many of these convicted works in that Mine too. Even there (cough cough), from time to time, several minecrawlers could be glimpsed. The transport of metal was more convenient, because of the proximity to the exchange-market place.
    (tired) Then, after years of quiet work, everything changed. I lived there day and night, it can be said. I even lost a few letters from my daughter, they helped me keep going...

Hero:
    - i'm sorry to hear that, you've gone through dark hours in all these years.

Grimes:
    -(heartbroken) yes, you can say it for sure.

Hero:
    -I tell you this: i don't promise nothing, but if i can, i'll take a look inside that damn place, and i'll bring you those letters.

...possible other few dialogues-lines for finish the question...

So, more or less, this is my personal part of Grimes' story. I hope you like it a little bit. As you know, the Old Mine collapse too in the Chapter 4, and i don't remember if Grimes will survive... (he appears in Gothic 2?)
    1) if Grimes survive: Hero can find him in the outer-ring of the OldCamp (when we teleport in later chapters to kill Gomez and guards, ecc we are able to give him the letters)

2) OR, we can find Grimes at the entrance of the OldMine (in Chapter 4 or 5). Maybe with some other survivors.

3) if Grimes die: well... we have to manage a way to complete this new quest, even if Grimes die.

4) about the letters: we have some options. We can find a couple of those letters inside a chest. And the third spread on the ground in the Derelict Mine. I don't know, you have the last word. In my opinion, we could also avoid writing the content of this letters.
    You can use the model/texture of some document already present in the game, and simply rename it.

5) my english si not so perfect, so if you accept those lines, feel free to modify/correct them.
    Geändert von DarkGoth (12.12.2017 um 19:09 Uhr)

8. Beiträge anzeigen #168 Zitieren

catalinux ist offline
    Well... I really like your idea about the quest involving Grimes and the missing letters... You should also write the letters, tell me where to insert them and it's done.. I'm not kidding.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #169 Zitieren

DarkGoth ist offline
    Well... I really like your idea about the quest involving Grimes and the missing letters... You should also write the letters, tell me where to insert them and it's done.. I'm not kidding.
    ok, it's a honor for me

give me a couple of days and i'll report everything here: all dialogues, letters and their position.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #170 Zitieren

DarkGoth ist offline
    Letters from the lost days (NPC involved: Grimes)
    (this title is a tribute to Silent Hill 3. If you don't agree, change it in -Missing letters of hope- or with a title of your choice)
    To find all the letters, you need to be able to fight minecrawlers and, especially, minecrawler's warrior (more coriaceous)So, even if the player activate this quest in the early Chapters, my advice is to perform this mission in the 4th Chapter, or the 5th.
    Grimes can be found in the Old Mine but this mine collaps in the 4th Chapter, so move him to another place (your choice, i suggest the Old Camp or the entrance of the Old Mine).

Grimes dialogues lines:
    After a few initials sentences with Grimes, Hero can choices what to say:
    - (original line) you must have heard about many escape plans as well.
    - (new dialogue line) tell me more about the abandoned mine.

Grimes:
    - well, what can i say, boy. At the beginning, that Mine too belongs to Gomez. Here in the Colony, there was only the OldCamp, and many people before abandoning it, lived in that camp.

Many of these convicted worked in that mine. Even there (cough cough), from time to time, several minecrawlers could be glimpsed. The transport of metal was more convenient, because of the proximity to the exchange-market place.

(tired) Then, after years of quiet work, everything's changed. I lived there day and night, it can be said.
    I even lost the last three letters that my daughter sends to me, they helped me keep going on and hope for the best...

Hero:
    - i'm sorry to hear that, you've gone through dark hours in all these years.

Grimes:
    -(heartbroken) yes, you can say it for sure.

Hero:
    -Well, i don't promise you anything but, if i can, i'll take a look inside that damn place, and i'll bring you those letters.

Grimes:
    -... But why? Why should you take such a risk? That place is dangerous; now it will be invaded by minecrawlers, and only Innos knows what else. And in all probability those pieces of papers will be lost, ruined...

Hero:
    -Don't worry, i will managed it. Memories are important.

Grimes:
    -I don't know what i can say, I don't even know how to reward you.

Hero:
    -It doesn't matter. Be safe.

Diary's Annotations
    Letters from the lost days -In the Old Mine, i've met Grimes, an old digger. He was one of the first convicted to finish here, and he mentioned how many dangers he had during his imprisonment.In the mine where he worked for years, he lost precious letters from his family and I'm willing to bring him back.
    Find such delicate documents in an abandoned place for years. Yes, maybe i'm mad, but I will do my best.

(Every time the Hero finds a letter and he reads the content, a new diary's update appears. Like The Stranger's Chromanin quest)

1 -So, first step is done. I'll have to keep my eyes open... I've never seen a dark place like this.
    Hm, the letter seems cut off, i should find the second piece.
    2 -The 2nd piece is mine. I hope that reading these letters again, will not bring him further pain.
    3 -Another letter. Apparently if I want to find the last letter, I will have to go deep into these tunnels.
    4 -How the hell did the last letter get here? Well anyway, I think I've found all the letters, now i have to go back to Grimes. I'm glad i've found them and, in all honesty, I don't want any reward.

Letter's content
    1 -Beloved father,several months have passed since the last letter, unfortunately sending them is not so simple. From the Onar's farm to the Valley it is not so far away, but my husband must be careful not to get caught by the guards, often on patrol.
    Unfortunately, the mother's condition has worsened, we have repeatedly contacted the alchemist in Khorinis without success. His concotions do not seem to be very effective, they only calm the pains but after a while the pain reappear again.
    We were thinking of going to Sagitta. I know what you think, for you it's a crazy witch to avoid, but we really have no other choice.
    Aniway, I do not want to give you only bad news ...

2 -i'm pregnant. We will give the baby your name. Every time I talk with mom about this, her eyes light up, she's so happy. I hope it's the same for you. Onar helps us a lot since you're gone. He's a good person and he does not miss anything.
    Now I have to leave you, I'll write to you again as soon as I can. We love you.

3 -Dear father,
    the child is born, now he has 5 months. He brought some sweet joy here in the farm, and everyone treats him like he was part of the entire family. It grows strong and healthy, I can see it well in the city militia.

[...] unreadable text [...]

We are seriously considering moving to the continent. It is a difficult decision, knowing that you will stay there for who knows how much longer. I could not even send you new letters. I know that you would tell me to follow my path, but I just can not do it.

4 -Dear father,
    this is probably the last letter I will write to you. We decided to leave for Myrtana. When the letter of your release arrives, we'll find ourselves right there on that hill outside the damn barrier. I am very sorry for this decision. I know that you would approve, but it is not easy anyway. After mother's death, it seems that the world has fallen on me. Fortunately for me, I have my husband and this beautiful child to support me.

2nd part coming soon...

11. Beiträge anzeigen #171 Zitieren

DarkGoth ist offline
    Letters' position (Abandoned Mine)
    1 -behind that piled wood[Bild: 2zfll3c.jpg]

2 -inside this broken barrel
    [Bild: 2m5z52a.jpg]

3 -an angle of the cave (near a bottle of wine and dark herbs)
    [Bild: 333weqb.jpg]

4 -at the end of the minecrawler's nest, on the ground near the helmet.

Job done, we meet Grimes again
    Hero:
    -so, we meet again.

Grimes:
    -hey boy, I see you're no longer a newbie.

Hero:
    -right, just a bit of luck. So, I have your letters.

(4 items gives)
    (Experience +500)

Grimes:
    -How did you do that? You're bright boy, thanks, thanks really.

Probably I will not see my family again. These last letters are all that is left of them.

Hero:
    -Why do you have only three? Have the other letters been lost?

Grimes:
    -Not really, the guards discovered me, one night, while I went to the exchange-place to wait for the umpteenth letter. And so, they burned almost all the letters I had managed to hide. Then... the mine has collapsed and so on.

Hero:
    -I understand. Well, I hope that sooner or later you will see your loved ones.

Grimes:
    -And I hope that you will find a way to escape from here.

so, that's all. Feel free to modify everything you want (dialogues, content, letter's positions). Especially, to correct my broken english here and there.
    I'm uncertain of what kind of reward Grimes can gives us, he's a simple digger. I can not think of anything in particular.
    Geändert von DarkGoth (16.12.2017 um 13:53 Uhr)

12. Beiträge anzeigen #172 Zitieren

catalinux ist offline
    Maybe he can offer his few pieces of ore, and the hero refuse to take them...

I like it, I'll add them

13. Beiträge anzeigen #173 Zitieren

DarkGoth ist offline
    yes, good idea. If you want, you can modify the last lines of Grimes' dialogue yourself or...

Grimes:
    -And i hope that you will find a way to escape from here. But wait a minute!

I can give you some pieces of ore that I have kept in all these years. I would be happy, please accept my gift.

Hero:
    -Dont' worry, drink to my health with your friends.

Little things to check (not related to this new quest):
    -after the Free Mine's quest, i went to Lee to update him about the situation, and he gave me a Rune -4th Circle of Magic- as a reward... is normal? I mean, i'm a mercenary, that rune is useless for me.

-Monastery's Ruins -there you can interact with a broken column and, after that, i cannot walk on it. If i try, the Hero falls down and die. I am forced to use cheats with F8 to explore the other side of the platform (with 1 chest).

-Temple of the Sleeper -in the 5th Chapter, we need to fight against 5 Orc Shamans. In the Uriziel's chamber, we can enter inside only from the broken side of the wall. Do you remember? Well, doing this, the Shaman on guard inside, don't speak to us but attack us immediately. This abnormal behavior causes a small problem: the diary don't receive any update about him.
    Usually, every Shaman in the Temple is approaching to us and speak to us (telling us many beautiful words) and then the update appears in the Diary.

In this dungeon, many potions, torchs and others are "flying objects" (usually over the Hero's head). It's impossible to take them.

-Dialogue with Saturas and Chronos -even if I'm a mercenary, a dialogue with Saturas to become magician remains active. Instead, it should not be available.
    The same happens with Chronos: there are a couple of dialogue that, in Chapter 5 playing like a mercenary, shouldn't be active anymore.

Geändert von DarkGoth (19.12.2017 um 09:57 Uhr)

14. Beiträge anzeigen #174 Zitieren

catalinux ist offline
    Grimes - I'll go with you vision

Lee - I don't remember what rune, but I suppose not a teleportation one... Who knows why...

The broken column is really broken.. I have replaced the original model with a better one, you can walk on it some steps but you have to jump before you reach the middle of it...

I'll check that Shaman and the flying objects. In my defense, I always had trouble in the Sleepers Temple with the riddles, I kind of hated that place

Saturas and Chronos - this can be easy fixed, consider it already done.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #175 Zitieren
    Sword Master Avatar von UR1Z13L

UR1Z13L ist offline
    Hello, lovely people! This mod looks great I only need to ask 1 question: How do I make the health and mana bars like the original game? I know it is probably not the best place to ask, maybe its from the system pack. I scrolled around here and there but couldn't find an answer. I also have another problem I have enabled the shields from the ini but they dont show up, the hero makes the animations but no shield is seen. Cheers
    Geändert von UR1Z13L (21.12.2017 um 18:31 Uhr)

16. Beiträge anzeigen #176 Zitieren

DarkGoth ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von UR1Z13L Beitrag anzeigen
    Hello, lovely people! This mod looks great I only need to ask 1 question: How do I make the health and mana bars like the original game? I know it is probably not the best place to ask, maybe its from the system pack. I scrolled around here and there but couldn't find an answer. I also have another problem I have enabled the shields from the ini but they dont show up, the hero makes the animations but no shield is seen. Cheers
    uhm, about the shields: yes, is a little bug that will be fixed. Anyway, i have finished the game with the current UnPatch 0.6 and all shield works almost perfectly. They show up, and sometimes they are invisible like you said, and Hero loses, at the moment, his training level (when this bug happens).

Try this: equip the shield and the weapon (1 handed weapon of course). Save the game. Load that savegame and everything should work. Every time that bug appeared to me, i solved in this way. You have to save the game with your helded weapons.

about the healt and mana bars: sorry, I'm afraid I did not understand what you mean.

Lee - I don't remember what rune, but I suppose not a teleportation one... Who knows why...

The broken column is really broken.. I have replaced the original model with a better one, you can walk on it some steps but you have to jump before you reach the middle of it...

I'll check that Shaman and the flying objects. In my defense, I always had trouble in the Sleepers Temple with the riddles, I kind of hated that place
    Lee -if i remember correctly, is a Storm Of Fire rune.

Broken Column -ah ok, that's good to know.

Temple -yes, that dungeon remind me a classic Tomb Raider's dungeon.
    Geändert von DarkGoth (21.12.2017 um 22:03 Uhr)

17. Beiträge anzeigen #177 Zitieren

catalinux ist offline
    About the health and mana bar - the originals will be back in the next release (30 December). I was in a hurry and I forget to delete the new textures...

The bug with the shield bothers me a lot. In 0.5 I had only one set of animations for shield fighting, regardless the one hand combat skill. In 0.6 I added two more sets of animations, one for every one hand combat skill level. I'll give a run today to see what's causing the problem. What have I done wrong? Is this only scripting related? I hope I'll manage to fix this.

Also, should I add more shields? More helms?

18. Beiträge anzeigen #178 Zitieren

DarkGoth ist offline
    Also, should I add more shields? More helms?
    In my opinion, yes. Personally, a couple of knight/paladin helms would be really great too. That kind of helms that cover the entire face, you know, they are stylish and cool. Perfect to use with the Ore-Armor, or the Heavy Guard Armor.

a couple of videos about beta version and Gothic Sequel:

Gothic Sequel (only polish)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CtBK8_-T0Q

Gothic -beta 1.01d/e (very interesting, with english subs)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiHvCAKZeWo
    Geändert von DarkGoth (22.12.2017 um 14:06 Uhr)

19. Beiträge anzeigen #179 Zitieren
    Sword Master Avatar von UR1Z13L

UR1Z13L ist offline
    Thanks for the info

20. Beiträge anzeigen #180 Zitieren

catalinux ist offline
    I can't reproduce the shields bug. I tried most of the shields, from unskilled to master...

Seite 9 von 17 « Erste ... 2567891011121316 ... Letzte »