Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Ergebnis 1 bis 7 von 7
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Rookie
    1.New two chapters thatfinally end Risen 3 story. I have idea. After defating Nekroloth,Ursegor reveals their true goals. Now he is the only Titan Lord, and nowhe can conquest/destroy all world. He has his own fleet (saurians , CaptainRomanov[more skeleton than ghost], Last of sunken ones[his captain looks like davy jones], and last of shadow minions). We must stop him andrescue humanity. We will fight with saurians in they temple, solving conflict: rebels of son of don esteban versus inquisition of Grand Inquisition Azuo, geting new armor, meeting old friends from risen 1,2 , Fighting with water titan, release Ismael from Ursegor Prison, fight with Ursegor, and Nameless Hero will become our crewmember.

2.Bring back mana and skills and potions. Spells and ranged attacks for combat spellsuses mana. That make game harder as a wizard. U can improve Mana in spiritcategory, that reduce mana cost for spell, and give you chance to learn newskill:
    a)mana regeneration - 2 levels skill (only guardian and voodo pirate)
    b)increase your max mana - 2 levels skill
    c)reduce mana cost

there is also new items related with mana - supple and perma potions. Some herbs giveyou mana.

3.Improved combat system. We have 3 types of melee weapons, but its have not difference. Isuggest this:
    a) swords (light weapons) - swords, sabres. It is the same like combat in risen 3
    b) axes (heavy weapons) - axes, but also maces and very heavy swords. It is still onehanded weapon. Its deal more damage but it is slower.
    c)polearm - sticks, staffs , spears , harpoons and even scull. This is 2 handedweapons, so you cant use left hand, but can deal damage many enemies by oneswing. Also most of these weapons gain you magic bonus.

New weapons for example - scull, harpoon , trident , wizard/druid/shaman staff,spears, sunken one axe.

4.remade crossbows. We need crossbows as a great weapons like in Risen 1/Gothic 3. Iweapons that we already have - its only copy of pistols.This weapon for righthand like muscet. You shoot from this just like in gothic 3, and you need tostay, if you want to reload. You can improve u crossbow skill in rangedcategory (no more in cunning ). There is also new skills related with crossbow:
    a) You can move while reloading
    b) You can make new types of bolts.
    c)Dealing more damage to shadow enemies (only demon hunter)

Crossbowsis using by demon hunters, shadow minion, and skeletons. New weapons forexample: Old Crossbow, Shadow Crossbow, Simple Crossbow.

5. Remade Skull island - I imagined skull island more like Underworlds from our hero dreams - Darkness, Fog, Dead ground and trees. White and Green Colors, dementedsouls that do not pay attention to us. I imagined that nekroloth is hiding insmall temple and entrance of it looks like skull, but he is hiding in simplecave like a rat. I think location that we already have match more to Ursergorthan to Nekroloth.

6. New enemies:
    a)shadow knight - Imagine that shadow minions have full armor, not only parts. We can meetthem only in skull island. They are harder to defeat.
    b)skull golem - Fat golem from skulls, and meat. Much harder than even fire golem.There are only in skull island.
    c)It would be great see again some beast from risen 3 - ash beast, sting rat, thunderbeasts, ogres.

7. New armors - After second or first promotion you can buy armors specially forwizards. Its give you less protection, but give more magic bonus. There is alsohelmets that give you mana bonus. Others helmets dont give you magic bonus nomore.
    a)Mages armor/robe - Robe with 2 crystal gloves, and... i dont know how named it. Ithink robes that Taranis mages looks like funny pajamas. Robes in gothic andrisen 1 have these belts on the body, which makes mages apperance more cool.There is also new helmet - expanded ocular - bigger ocular like mendoza has inpast, ofcourse with blude diamond.
    b)Druid robe - Robe similiar to robe that Eldric wear. Helmet is Druid hood.
    c)Ritual/Shaman outfit - Armor just like armor that chief of Kila wear. Helmet is ritual maskwith plume.

These armors uses boots and pants from normal armors.

8.New/Oldskills:
    a) kick
    b) parrot trainer
    c) dirty tricks (with sand for example)
    d) enough talk! - I wish i can shoot horas right into face.

9. Bigger Village, and voodo pirates - In village should be more huts, npc. There shouldbe some of voodo pirate. One of them could be a Farseer like Abuyin in Gothic2. Some pirates in ship should wear armors of voodo pirates. Also Saddec shouldwear voodo pirate armor. Now we dont have voodo pirates, and Village is only 3huts...

10. Sea fight with Water Titan. Since i saw him in Risen i always want encounter him.Battles with others ship should like figts with monsters or battles in AssasinCreed.

11. Hawkins can become our crewmember if edward or mendoza leava ship.
    Schmidtek ist offline Geändert von Schmidtek (22.03.2015 um 10:32 Uhr)

2. #2 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von Morgannin09
    A lot of this is far beyond the kind of thing a patch can provide. The new characters, enemies and chapters alone would require more writing and programming than each of the DLC's had, and adding mechanics like new skills, creating a mana pool for the spells instead of a cooldown, new weapons that are functionally different, and so on... that is far too much for a studio like Piranha Bytes to work on and give for free. Even both of Skyrim's $20 DLC's from one of the largest developers in the world didn't provide half as much content as you're expecting for free.

Not that these are all bad ideas, but they're things Piranha Bytes wouldn't even be able to consider until their next game.
    YouTube channel for Let's Plays and shenanigans: https://www.youtube.com/c/Morgannin
    Morgannin09 ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von The Ore Baron
    If there's one thing I hate on the internet, it's first-time posters making new threads for something that's already been discussed to hell and back
    Welcome to our small community, but try to lurk around a bit next time, read up on some older posts, check out the existing threads.

As far as your suggestions go, Morgannin said everything there is to be said - your demands are way too grandiose for a patch or add-on. Maybe some of these could be used in the sequel, though
    The Ore Baron ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren
    Adventurer Avatar von Misanthrope
    Zitat Zitat von Schmidtek Beitrag anzeigen
    I have idea.
    U can improve...
    I imagined skull island more like...
    There should be some...
    Actually, it's a very good thing (and something for PB team to think about) when someone dumps a crapload of stuff like this. So, after a first playthrough, a pinnacle of your experience and immersion, one comes up with list of thousand things that need to be changed. Seriously?

Zitat Zitat von The Ore Baron Beitrag anzeigen
    If there's one thing I hate on the internet, it's first-time posters making new threads for something that's already been discussed to hell and back
    Everyone should be able to express their opinion, whether or not it has already been discussed. It will also make much harder for PB to say, for example, this feature is only wanted by a tiny amount of people or we can't implement this and that, etc.

However, what's the point in posting your own plot versions and continuations. If you have a great idea do a mod or better yet, make a game. Experiencing other people imagination and ideas is what's most exciting, right?
    Misanthrope ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von Misanthrope Beitrag anzeigen
    Actually, it's a very good thing (and something for PB team to think about) when someone dumps a crapload of stuff like this. So, after a first playthrough, a pinnacle of your experience and immersion, one comes up with list of thousand things that need to be changed. Seriously?
    No disagreement there. But he's recommending this as a patch. I think PB might put more value on his suggestions if he was more realistic about them - recommending them for consideration in a future title, rather than requesting so much content or alterations as a patch. The majority of his suggestions are things I would really love to see - weapons, such as polearms, that are functionally different than others; a return to a resource-based magic system (i.e., mana, or something even more creative). Personally, I would rather see Risen left behind as a universe and have them create something new, but some of his recommendations would make a great expansion DLC to what they already have. I just think it's pretty clear by now that Risen 3 is behind them, and they're hard at work on a full length project now, so we shouldn't expect changes, whether or not you think they are necessary. Let's just make it perfectly clear what we suggest for their NEXT game.
    YouTube channel for Let's Plays and shenanigans: https://www.youtube.com/c/Morgannin
    Morgannin09 ist offline

6. #6 Zitieren
    Adventurer Avatar von Misanthrope
    Zitat Zitat von Morgannin09 Beitrag anzeigen
    No disagreement there. But he's recommending this as a patch.
    Excuse my ambiguity. My criticism was directed towards the game that (for him) felt like incomplete experience, rather than his attitude.

The thread title is a bit confusing. If you ask for a patch, that means that you somewhat liked the game (wanting to play it again patched, obviously) but are not quite satisfied due to a certain issues, bugs, or other inconsistencies. If you ask for add-on, that means that you liked the game pretty much and want to see additional content. IMO, there's no point in either patching or making an add-on for R3. It should be left as it is. All criticism/suggestion should be directed towards their next project.

Zitat Zitat von Morgannin09 Beitrag anzeigen
    Let's just make it perfectly clear what we suggest for their NEXT game.
    I totally agree. We should make our suggestions NOW whilst the game is in early development stage. I also think that (if that's ever possible) we should try to stay as unequivocal as possible here on WoR (or at least give valid arguments) about the major design topics (for example, would we like a big connected world or a bunch of small islands) and pray to Innos they'll start to listen.
    Misanthrope ist offline

7. #7 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von Misanthrope Beitrag anzeigen
    (for example, would we like a big connected world or a bunch of small islands)
    I'll go on record and say I want the former, but NEVER the latter. Risen 2 wasn't small in terms of total accessible landmass, but the problem was that dividing it into so many small islands made it impossible to get lost or immersed the way we felt in Gothic or the first Risen. If they do have to chop up the landscape and separate by loading screens for technical limitations, I'd rather they give us four Khorinis-sized islands as opposed to ten Antigua-sized ones.

Back in the development of Risen 2, I was hoping that the smaller islands would have meant that they'd be able to pay more attention to the individual islands, able to develop them a chunk at a time rather than concern themselves with spreading content evenly over a huge landmass. Unfortunately, that just didn't end up happening, as each island ended up shallow and fairly empty. Risen 3 came back a little bit, giving us more hidden secrets and a bit more content per square foot, but it's not quite enough. A big thing I think would help them would be to develop with three dimensions in mind. Khorinis and Faranga weren't huge, but a small area contained a lot of stuff, because they had a lot of cliffs, valleys, caves, and hills, all of which layered on top of each other in a vertical direction, so you didn't necessarily have to walk far to get from one end of the island to the other, but you could easily get distracted and climb up and down and all around while only covering an area of a couple dozen square meters. Nordmar is a better example, actually. If you look at a map of Gothic 3, Nordmar had the smallest total area, barely half the size of Varant, but it was infinitely more thrilling to explore and easier to get lost, simply because of all the cliffs, crags and gorges that criss-crossed the entire place, making it an adventure simply to get from one hill to another.
    Morgannin09 ist offline