Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Ergebnis 1 bis 3 von 3
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Apprentice
    I pre ordered the German no DRM 'Collectors Edition' of this game and am still to get around to playing it.

My issue at the first play attempt were that the 360 gamepad default configs was totally 'arse for elbows' and I just couldn't use it. I wasn't alone on this, and at the time of the games release, Steam forums were full of complaints seeking for solutions to this, but with nothing forthcoming.

At my second attempt at playing the game (after a long time trying to 'fix' the rather gaudy colour scheme in the game), I remedied the stupid default gamepad config, by using a third party tool to map gamepad keys to keyboard strokes. After a lot of dicking around, I finally got something that worked rather well and allowed me to play the game. Except for one thing. The WASD double tap being hard coded into the game as a 'dodge roll' command. This 'feature' is on the verge of breaking the game for me, and naturally, this utterly idiotic feature can't be disabled and again, Steam forums are full of people complaining about this and looking for fixes, but with nothing forthcoming.

Also, the game has issues in it's default state with save games or even saving keystroke reconfigurations, due to installation folders not having 'permissions' in Windows and such.

I mean seriously.....

WHO THE HELL IN PB IS COMING UP WITH THIS UTTER STUPID CRAP AND WHY 8 MONTHS DOWN THE LINE ARE PB NOT OFFERING ANYTHING IN THE WAY OF FIXES FOR IT!?

Being able to control the game is quite important I would have thought just as is the ability to save your game without the thing crashing to desktop.

Is it the case that the core of the dev team PB have simply lost the heart and passion for developing RPG games? Is it the case that their contract with Deep Silver is fulfilled, which means that nobody now lifts a finger on anything to do with Risen 3, due to a deep rooted apathy towards their own work?
    MatDerKater ist offline Geändert von MatDerKater (09.03.2015 um 14:27 Uhr)

2. #2 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von The Ore Baron
    Yes.
    The Ore Baron ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von catalinux
    Zitat Zitat von MatDerKater Beitrag anzeigen
    Also, the game has issues in it's default state with save games or even saving keystroke reconfigurations, due to installation folders not having 'permissions' in Windows and such.
    You are talking about Risen 3, I suppose. And you are using Windowz 8, don't you? You can't blame PB for the Program Files directory permission rights. Just install the game somewhere else.

You are right about something - back in the days, the developers would include a .ini file in human readable plain text, so the users could easy change various settings. It was the case for Gothic 1 and 2.

As for Risen 3, you should search this forum, I remember reading some posts about what values to change in Risen 3 config file(s) to enable/disable/change various settings. And I am sure it was also something about keystrokes. Not sure about that WASD double tap, but you should give it a try.
    catalinux ist offline