Ergebnis 1 bis 15 von 15

[Story] Codename: Statyk

1. #1 Zitieren
    Ehrengarde Avatar von Demron
    Vorwort

Was gibt es groß zu sagen? Dies ist die erste Story welche ich zusammen mit einem meiner besten Freunde, David, gemeinsam erschaffen habe. Es war das erste Projekt dieser Größenordnung, zudem vollständig auf Englisch verfasst. Unser gemeinsame Traum war es, unseren eigenen geschaffenen Charakteren ihr eigenes Storyuniversum zu bieten und wir denken, dass dies uns gelungen ist und präsentieren Stolz dieses erste Werk. Im Vorweg bitten wir um Nachsicht falls unsere Grammatik oder Beschreibungen auf Englisch nicht präzise genug sind. Dies ist unser Erstgeborenes und doch hoffen wir, dass ihr alle Spaß beim Lesen haben werdet.

Hier geht's zur PDF Version
    Demron ist offline Geändert von Demron (18.10.2016 um 19:50 Uhr)

2. #2 Zitieren
    Demron ist offline Geändert von Demron (28.02.2015 um 14:47 Uhr)

3. #3 Zitieren
    Codename: Statyk

A Novel by Demron and McTaylis

Now I’m filled with pain, because of you
    The things you did to me, should not be true
    Before all the trouble came, that I went through
    I was a free and normal man and I was happy too
    Now I say, what should become of me?
    I cannot see it now
    Yet I have to stand up, please tell me how...
    If I could only see you face, I surely asked you why
    Did all this happen, ouh please just help me through...

“Nocreeps – Invisible Enemy”
    Demron ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren
    Wake Up

Era 3, Year 106, November...

It was a cold day in late autumn of the year 106. Grey clouds had been covering the deep blue of the sky since the earlier morning hours. Thick, white dust hung over the landscape, giving a bleak and faded appearance to the day. The smell of a recent rain shower hung in the damp air, so most of the scalies of Quamtir opted to stay at home, enjoying their day in the proximity of family and friends, in warm and safe homes.

Kyna watched with tired eyes, a sea of faces through the windows. She watched as a few birds set fourth on their journey to the southern hemisphere. Endless rows of cars crowded and sped down the dirty streets. Busy scalies tried their best to manage the stress of the outside world. The observant, green-scaled female yoshi sighed, relieved that she didn't have to deal with all those negative entities. No, she would have none of it.

After she became bored with watching what happened outside the window, the reptile directed her attention back to the room she'd been waiting in now for hours. She searched desperately for something to occupy her mind, to relieve the nervous tension that gripped her so deeply. Kyna couldn't believe the day had come, something wonderful would be happening soon. Her brain was a complex war of feelings, somewhere between happiness and crippling doubt.

No matter how long she searched for something to distract her, the anteroom wouldn't yield anything. Drab, white walls, decorated with occasional colourful paintings that she'd already thoroughly contemplated from every angle, created by young scalies in the hospital no doubt. A few chairs and seats stood in front of those walls, ready to offer a proper place for guests to rest.

It was in one of those seats that Kyna waited currently. How much longer, she didn't know; it had been far too many hours already for sure. In the end, just as she expected, she found nothing new to hold her attention. Even the magazines, the books, the playing of young scalies, or the other parents-to-be couldn't make it possible to escape the torment of waiting.

“My love, where are you?” the green-scaled yoshi thought, wishing that her spouse was at her side, wrapping his arms around her softly, whispering fondly about how everything would be okay.

Because of work and business, however, he was not able to give his wife the support she so desperately needed at this moment. Already, she'd called him innumerable time, her hopeful voice strained as she fought back tears each time.

“Don't cry. I'll do my best to come as soon as possible.” her husband, Yann, promised in the last call. His voice was thick with pain, fighting his worry, and the sadness of having to stay at his workplace.

“I'm looking forward to your arrival. I love you.” Kyna had answered, the phone vibrating from the grasp of her shuddering hand-paw.
    “And I love you, forever and ever.” her husband hissed softly through the line, warming his wife's heart. For a brief moment, everything was fine, entil the inevitable click of the call being cut. Emptiness consumed her once more.

The familiar, poisonous feelings seeped into Kyna's soul. It was nearly impossible now for her to sit still on her seat. She began pacing back and forth, becoming aware of the strange looks she received from the various other parents-to-be. Kyna didn't care, praying that the endless wait would come to an end. In her mind, the same questions bounced around over and over.

“How long till I can finally hold him in my arms? Is he healthy? What happens if he isn't? When will my husband come?” for a moment, the questions robbed her of the ability to breathe; her sight dwindled and the tears began to stream down her face.

Just a moment before she fled the room, unable to withstand the pressure, the door to the room opened once more. The silhouette of a tall, grown, muscular, green-scaled, male yoshi appeared. He looked around anxiously, as if searching for someone. Their gazes met, and for a moment the couple simply stood still, their glowing eyes fully lost in the other one's.

Kyna threw herself at her husband, clinging to him as if he was the only one in her life able to fix her tortured soul. Loud sobbing resonated in the room, Yann tenderly held his wife.
    “You see...I'm here. Everything is fine.” he hissed with his deep husky voice. After so many hours of emptiness and torture, Kyna finally felt it melting away. They faded away like morning mist as the sun climbed higher on a summer day.

The distance between their lips closed, first slowly, as if hesitating slightly. Their lips finally met, Kyna and Yann lost themselves in an eternity of love, as they kissed each other with emotion as strong as a fresh couple, showing how deep their love really was. The others parents-to-be in the room couldn't help but smile, pleased.

“Can you believe it hon? Soon we will have a wonderful, little son...can you believe it?” Kyna wept with happiness as her husband released her from the long, intensive kiss, looking up at him with eyes glazed in fresh hope. He smiled weakly.

“Yeah. We will be parents.” he said, his mind going blank for a second as he had to compute exactly what he'd just said.

Before the young lovers were able to say more words, the door to the waiting room opened again. The loving yoshis recognized a skinny doctor dressed in a long white coat with a clipboard in his hand-paws. He orientated himself and approached with quick steps, showing a friendly smile on his face. Kyna grabbed after her husband's hand-paw and held it softly, giving a pleased growl. Was it time already? Her heart-beat sped up.

“Is this the McTaylis family?” the lizard doctor asked in a serious tone after approaching the couple. There was something calming and trustworthy about him, making Kyna feel all truly was well.
    “Yes. I'm Yann McTaylis and this is my wife, Kyna.” answered Yann happily. His wife gave him a thankful squeeze of the hand-paw, because Kyna could hardly begin to speak when her brain was so set on this imminent, important moment in her life.

“Fine. I'm doctor Peter O'Connor, doctor in charge and the one who oversees the eggs of the station. I'm happy to tell you that the moment will come soon. Our machines heard the first sounds inside the egg.” reported the lizard, friendly. Yann growled surprised, Kyna couldn't describe the feeling that touched her soul, strong waves of happiness and relief.

“Is he healthy?” Kyna blurted out, wanting to be sure that all was well. Yann did his best to calm his nervous wife down again.

The doctor smiled pleased and winked an eye, he didn't expect anything less of a soon to be parent.

“He is fine, believe me madame, he is monitored constantly. It will be a healthy and strong yoshi...or should I say, yoshis?” the doctor asked with a grin, cheek to cheek. For a moment, time stood still. The parents tried their best to register his words.

“Yo...Yoshis?” Yann croaked, disbelieving the words he had heard just now-

“Yes. Yoshis. We discovered just today that you will soon be parents to a set of twins.” The explosion of an atomic bomb couldn't match the magnitude of which the parents were surprised in this moment. The doctor appeared both amused and relieved.

“Congratulations.” said the doctor at last, his grin couldn't be brighter. The two young yoshis stared at him, with wide open maws.

An hour later, Kyna McTaylis and her husband, Yann, stood in front of the incubator, holding each other's hand. Their gaze was full of care and love as they stared at a white egg, dappled with green points. How long the mother's gaze lingered on it, she couldn't say. It didn't matter anyway, she only wanted to watch it, knowing two little yoshis were nestled within; her sons. She was filled with endless gratitude and happiness. She went into the hospital, believing that she would hold her single son, but now it was twins. It was so unreal, the feeling so hard to describe.

“You think we can handle two little yoshis?” Kyna asked, sunken into thoughts. Her husband grunted in an amused fashion.

“I think we have no other choice.” he responded. His wife laughed and nestled herself into his shoulders. She relished in the feeling of Yann carefully stroking her long, brown hair.

A sudden crackle jolted the young lovers out of their tender moment. They looked with wide opened eyes on the egg, noticing with open maws that there was a crack that hadn't been there before! Kyna and Yann looked at each other, then the mother yelled for a doctor.
    “It is time. Nurse, check the vital signs! We wanna have two healthy yoshis!” explained the lizard-doctor with a formal businesslike tone in his voice. The nurse, a small grown goanna, nodded, and took her position in front of a futuristic monitor that displayed all the necessary information about the baby-yoshis health.

The family stepped slowly closer to the incubator, Kyna felt her heart pump faster and faster, squeezing her husband's hand-paw tightly with anticipation as she watched how babies' movements made the egg sway. New cracking noises resonated in the room. Shards of eggshell popped out of one side of the egg and now Kyna could see a brown, glowing eye that peered out through the new hole. She felt a tear drop to the ground.

The final crackle shook the egg, more shell flew through the room and then...

“Yoshiiiiiiii.....Yoshiiiiiii.....Yoshiiiiii!”

Kyna and Yann McTaylis stared at two little, green-scaled yoshis. Their loud cries resonated in the room, the freshly hatched reptile-babies looked eagerly for their mother with fresh, big, brown eyes.

The female yoshi, mother of two newborn twins, wavered near the incubator, and held a hand-paw over the front of her maw. Shudders seized her whole body as she studied every single detail of her sons, in a state of shock that the moment had finally come.

“My little babies!” she sobbed, her body trembling. It was necessary for her husband was necessary to help steady her, otherwise Kyna would have fallen to her knees, moved by feelings, after all those hours of tensed waiting.

“Congratulations, you are now the mother and father of two perfectly healthy baby yoshi boys.” explained the lizard-doctor after he checked the young yoshis vital signs. His satisfied smile was a good sign. Yann McTaylis nodded thankfully, the world suddenly felt like a totally different place, he couldn't even calm his own busy thoughts now, let alone his wife's.

“Don't cry Kyna. They're good. Look at them, how they move, their first cries of “yoshiii”. Listen to them.” whispered Yann trying to comfort his emotionally exhausted wife. Kyna did as he said, looking again at her sons.

“Yoshiiiiiii!” they yelled together, with higher, endlessly cute voices.

“Do you have names for them?” asked Yann a few minutes later, as Kyna held her sons in her arms, looking happily at their first movements.

“Yeah. Yash and Yetshi McTaylis.” she answered. Her husband smiled.
    Demron ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren
    Ready To Rumble

Era 3, Year 121, June...

It was the last day of a long year, full of intense studies and enhancing knowledge, another year that had passed in his life. When Yetshi thought back, he was able to say that he was proud of himself. He earned a staggering amount of knowledge, apparent through his stellar grades. All the hard work was worthwhile! Fulfilled by those thoughts, accompanied by a rush of relief and anxiety, suppressing happiness, the fifteen years old teenager stepped out of the school-building. He still couldn't help but grin widely as he took to the school yard.

Many years had passed since the young yoshi was born, together with his twin-brother Yash, in the same egg, in this hospital, during one of the most uncomfortable autumns the scalies of Reptilica could recall. Those many years had been filled with times of fun, of happiness, of changes, good and bad ones, alongside his brother, mother and father.

The yoshi had grown to be a 5 foot, 9 inch tall yoshi. He had dark-green scales all over his body, except for his chest and underbelly which were covered with softer, white scales. Yetshi was a bit taller than most other scalies in his classes, but more skinny. He had a very shy nature. His twin was guilty of all the same, nature and appearance-wise.

Warm sunbeams welcomed the reptile, heralding a great summer. He strolled across the school yard. The sky was deep blue like the ocean, numerous fluffy, white clouds drifted by in silly forms. They teased another smile onto Yetshi's face. A warm breeze carefully stroke over the yoshi's scales and also over the usual clothing he decided to wear; a black t-shirt, with the band-logo of Yetshi's favorite band, Yoshin Park, on a pair of blue jeans and brown boots, big enough to completely protect his sensitive paws.

Yetshi searched eagerly for his brother, he could hardly wait to tell him about his spectacular results. It was his brother who had helped him so much with the numerous subjects. Yetshi felt incredibly thankful for that, and even followed Yash into school. It was only one of the many things that showed just how strong the bond between the McTaylis twins was.

Finally, Yetshi found him, surrounded by a crowd of other scalies, celebrating the last day of the school-year. They were excited to start their vacations full of leisure, nothing pressing on their minds, just silly activities and enjoying the summer. Yash stood alongside a couple of classmates, two lizards, a female goanna and a dinosaur, busily discussing their marks.

“Yash?” he growled happily. The wind carried his voice to his twin-brother, who turned around, noticing how Yetshi's walk got faster and faster with a wide, friendly, welcoming smile.
    The McTaylis twins greeted each other in a tight hug, laughter resonated as they nuzzled each other, moved by emotion. It at last dawned on them that they had become the centre of attention. They ended their welcoming ritual, looking at each other in embarassment.

“I take it you got some good news about your marks, considering your mood.” Yash explained as the laughs and sounds of amusement across the crowd dwindled, his facial expression was a mix of amusement and excitement.

“Yeah, just take a look at these marks.” Yetshi's voice revealed how eager he was to make his brother proud, to prove all the time Yash devoted to him really made a difference for him.

Yash's friends surrounded the brothers, curious. Yetshi's twin stared intently at the paper, taking all the results in, until his brother stepped nervously from one foot-paw to the other. The grin that stretched across the yoshi's face could mean anything, was he gloating? Was he impressed? It made Yetshi more nervous.

“And?” he asked, his voice flattening in an attempt to conceal his feelings.

“It seems that my brother... a very lazy and silly yoshi...” Yash began to answer, his voice sounded serious. His brother froze, doubts swarming his mind as he looked at his twin's grave face.

“or rather, once a very silly and lazy yoshi...got one of the best results in our class.” Yash concluded, giggling, amused by Yetshi's blank expression.

Waves of relief flooded Yetshi once his mind registered Yash was only kidding. He cursed himself for being so silly, but his smile couldn't be more thankful as his brother showed his friends the awesome results, telling everyone how proud he was to be related to Yetshi. Everyone congratulated him and his effort, it was hard for Yetshi to believe this was happening. He fought back tears as the scalies congratulated him so wholeheartedly on his work.

“Thank you brother.” he hissed when he had the opportunity, glancing thankfully at his brother who stuck to the background.

“You're more than welcome.” Yash mouthed the words in response. Confident that Yash understood his thanks, he returned to enjoying the attention.

Twenty minutes later, after the cluster of scalies around the brothers dwindled, the twins were finally able to spend some time alone. They decided to sit on a lone bench in the school-yard, often unused by the other scalies on campus.

A huge birch, it must have been thirty feet tall, stood behind the silent rest-area, its green leaves swaying in a warm breeze. The sounds of their classmates seemed far away from here.
    The twins enjoyed the silence, listening closely to the sounds nature graced them with. No words were necessary to explain how much the brothers meant to each other. Yetshi had stored the result-paper carefully in his school bag. He couldn't wait to show it to their parents. He wanted to say something, wanted to explain how thankful he was to Yash, but his words faltered, there were no words that could explain his feelings, and so the silence continued. The twins continued starring into the blue sky, listening to the wind.

“Yash?” Yetshi asked carefully after they said nothing for another ten minutes, still unsure of what to say.

“Yeah, Yetshi?” Yash inquired, surprised by the insecurity in his brother's voice. Yash turned his focus onto his brother's face.

“I wanted to say...well...” growled Yetshi, embarrassed that he didn’t know how to start, his glowing, brown eyes wide open.

“I know brother. I know that you're thankful and all the other stuff that someone feels in a situation like this. You don't need to thank me. You're my brother, and that's what family does, we help eachother when we feel we're in a hopeless situation. In the end, its was your effort that granted you this awesome result. I'm very proud to have such a brother.” Yash meant every word of it.
    “Thank you.” was all Yetshi could say in response.

Again the McTaylis twins found themselves embracing once more in an intense rush of feelings no one but twins could even begin to understand.

“Well look what I've found here. The gay twins.” echoed a loud voice suddenly, sardonic laughter resonated in the air and the brothers jumped up from the bench, totally surprised and embarrassed yet again.

Yetshi saw that they were surrounded, four of the most brutal thugs of their school grinned as they could see the twins' faces, the fear and the uncertainty. Three of them were common reptiles, each one between 14-15 years old, but their leader was a muscular yoshi of about 16 years, nearly 7 feet tall. His muscles showed the fruits of his hard training, the shirt was stretched to tearing point. The blue scaled yoshi's eyes, a yellow colour, were full of cruel satisfaction.

Yetshi felt his heartbeat speed up. Drops of sweat began to cover his face, as all his thoughts centered around one question, how would he protect the two of them from this brutal gathering. He didn't see himself as particularly strong, he'd never pushed himself to win a fight like this before, so how could he expect to win this one? Slowly the twins backed away, their assailants closing in around them.

“What do you want, Jesse?” Yetshi roared, trying to sound calm. His voice wavered, betraying his true feelings.

Jesse said nothing, a cold smile parting his maw as the others launched towards his brother like a pack of hungry creatures. Yash begged for them to end this “game” of theirs, but it only provoked more laughter.

“YASH!” his brother bellowed as he saw how two reptiles grabbing Yash, forcing him into a tight headlock. The only answer he got was Jesse’s fist, brutally rammed into his stomach.

A numbness flooded his body, the hit had completely winded him, tears streamed down Yetshi's face. The reptile fell to his knees gasping for air, clenching his torso protectively. Yetshi looked with a dazed glance into Jesse's eyes, seeing nothing but cruel enjoyment in their mocking gazes.

“Why are you doing this to us?” croaked Yetshi, his voice reverberated with sadness, it was hard for him to control his breath, fear clouding the last bits of his thinking.

“Because it is fun... now we're gonna play with your brother for a bit before move on to you, you dammed nerd.” hissed the brutal yoshi with a grimace as he turned to Yash, preparing to maul the green scaled yoshi.

Something snapped within Yetshi; he bellowed a draconian roar, seemingly dispelling every bit of fear, doubt, and pain he'd held within' him.
    His heart pumped faster and faster, he breathed long, deep breaths, never had he breathed this hard before. Blood rushed through his veins, every single muscle tensed in the flood of adrenalin.

Suddenly, the yoshi's muscles exploded in size. They doubled, then tripled in size with ease. Arms, legs, pecs, abs; every single muscle grew bigger and bigger, combined with a basic growing process that made Yetshi taller and taller, until he reached nine feet in height, his whole body was ready to burst. Without knowing, Yetshi had summoned up a power within' him, the power of growshi.

Shocked, he looked over his changed self, realizing his ripped clothes, taken aback as he realized the amount of muscle mass he'd suddenly gained. He twisted his hand-paws, he couldn't believe it, he must have passed out after that last punch to the stomach, right? No, it was real. He was colossal, an unbelievably big yoshi, a little mountain of muscle. He was as big as the largest anthro he'd ever seen, and that caused something about his confidence in the situation to change.

With a smile, full of pleased anticipation, Yetshi exploded with a new rush of adrenalin flooding him, his smile turning into a full on grin. He starred into Jesse’s eyes, taking in the fear and shock that only moments before, had been worn by Yetshi. The looked suited Jesse much more.

“WHO IS THE STRONGEST NOW?” roared the once weak and shy yoshi vindictively. The punk tried to slink away in fear. There was no escape for him. Yetshi had not only grown stronger, but was able to run faster now as well. Yetshi was able to seize him with ease.

The reptile held Jesse with one hand-paw, lifting him into the air and giggling with amusement as he watched Jesse’ s efforts to fight against this enormous power. Jesse begged for some mercy, which Yetshi had none of for him. He raised a fist higher and higher into the air, ready to crush him into a pulpy mess on the ground.

“Yetshi. That's enough. Let him go.” echoed a familiar voice. A warm hand-paw touched his shoulder, squeezing it softly, but determinedly.

Yetshi turned in surprise, and more shock as he saw his brother. Yash stood in front of him, big as his brother, also with ripped clothes and huge muscles, more impressive than the one of a well trained body-builder. Yash shook his head and pointed at the screaming Jesse.

“Let him go brother. They've clearly learned their lesson, there's no need to stoop to their level.” Yash's voice was serious.

With a frustrated growl, Yetshi looked first at Yash, then back to the begging Jesse, he contemplated all the ways he could make the thug pay for his cruelty. In the end, the growshi understood that his brother was right, that it would only bring them trouble to try to get revenge. He opened his hand-paw with a sigh. Jesse fell to the ground. He scrambled back on to his feet-paws and fled. His friends followed, seeing as Yash had equally overgrown them.

“Everything okay Yetshi?” his brother asked as the reptiles had disappeared. Both brothers were alone again.

“Yeah...I guess. It's just... you were in danger and suddenly, this happened. I got enough power to protect you, but I totally lost control of myself. I would have been no better than Jesse...” explained Yetshi thoughtfully, his voice growing weaker and weaker with regret and doubts regarding himself and his new powers.

Yash held him again, putting an end to the unrelenting stream of negative thoughts. Yetshi raised his gaze to meet his brother's, full of comfort and understanding.

“Don't worry Yetshi...you’re not a bad scalie. I was caught off guard by the sudden rush of muscles and adrenaline too. The important thing is to figure out what this is, and how to control it as well as ourselves, maybe even use it for good things, what do you say?” Yash asked, smiling, a positive aura seemed to radiate from him and reassured his brother.

“I'm In.” Yetshi said, this would yield a number of new possible experiences, and he'd possibly even attract a few ladies with these muscles of his.

He blushed at the thought and smiled.
    Demron ist offline

6. #6 Zitieren
    Kinda Perfect

Era 3, Year 123, November...

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY YASH AND YETSHI!” the voices of their friends echoed loudly, happiness and laughter filled the air, creating a warm and friendly atmosphere in which everyone felt well.

It was the 12th of November of the year 123, the 18th year of the McTaylis twins' lives. The brothers couldn't do much against the storm of friends and their powerful hugging-attacks. They were caught off guard and blushing, but very happy. They grinned wide looking upon their friends as they escaped the onslaught of hugs and affection.

Ciro, a blue-scaled brown haired yoshi, Dyshi, who was red-scaled with his hair cut in the shape of flames, Pork, a yoshi with dark-red scales and black stripes; all of them came as they'd promised. The twins had known these awesome friends for years, and their appearance today meant a lot to them. Without them, the great surprise the brothers planned for this day wouldn't have worked. Only those three yoshis were involved in this genius masterpiece, originally imagined by Yash.

“What are all of you waiting for? Better weather?” growled Yetshi, amused. In response, some of the yoshis giggled, then filed into the McTaylis family house.

They gathered ten minutes later in the spacious kitchen, the buzz of excited conversation and anticipation was thick in the air. The reptiles took their seats in front of an old desk, made of wood. While Yash was serving up food and drinks, they decided to discuss their plans one last time.

“Pizza already?” growled Dyshi. The twins nodded, earning bright smiles and pleased nodding for their awesome hospitality.

“To Yash and Yetshi McTaylis! Two awesome friends, two silly yoshis, and still awesome.” roared Ciro, gushing, earning much laughter for his short speech. The twins shook their head in accordance.

5 glasses, filled with a noble champagne, were tapped carefully against each other's in a toast, followed by appreciative sighs as the reptiles swallowed the liquid down. The McTaylis twins did their best to hide their soured expression brought on by the pungent alcoholic taste. This was a gift from Pork, they didn't want to turn their noses up at his gift, so they decided to put aside their dislike of the flavor and celebrate with it anyway.

“So what's up. Everything working according to plan?” asked Dyshi. The friends picked at their lunch, all eyes were on Yash, who was focused on his own piece of pizza.

“So far, yes. Our families won't be appearing before the afternoon. We told them we have a surprise in mind to celebrate our birthday, but what exactly we have planned...well, they have no idea.” explained Yash with another bright grin, his brother joined in and the twins' friends looked very satisfied.

“We should start after lunch; test the instruments and make sure everything is in order. The last thing we need is for our secret gig to be soured by a forgotten piece of equipment.” said Yetshi seriously. The reptiles nodded, knowing how important this day was for the twins.

They continued eating and enjoying each others' company. The kitchen was filled with the sounds of friendly conversations, silly activities and laughter, everything the twins wanted. However, the plans changed with Yash's brilliant idea to surprise their friends and family.

“I think it's time for us to get ready. We spent enough time with this silliness. It's time to get to work!” explained Yetshi after his third glass of champagne, his grin couldn't be brighter. Their friends laughed with amusement.

The growshi blushed, and called himself a silly yoshi in his embarrassment. Why was he drinking so close to show time? As he stood up from his seat, the world began to sway, he was worried he could fall any time. Thankfully, it didn’t happen and he found his balance again.

“Everything okay brother? Please don't say that you're drunk.” Yash sighed, shaking his head. He jumped up from his own seat and hastened to his brother's side, who did his best to clear his mind as quickly as possible. Why was everything so blurry? Again, he cursed himself and the champagne.

“Not today.” he thought upset, calming down after he felt his brother touch his shoulder softly, a friendly and calming gesture.

Ciro, Dyshi and Pork surrounded them, concerned mumbling filled the room. Would they still be able to execute their plans? The happy atmosphere that hung in the air a few seconds ago faded away, replaced with doubt. Yetshi breathed hard and closed his eyes, his heart-beat sped up.

In one, short moment, the blood rushed through the reptiles veins, his heart pulsating faster and faster. Under the confused glimpses of his friends and the pleased smile of his brother, Yetshi used his growshi powers to fix himself. Since the happenings on the school-yard a few years ago, both reptiles had strived to perfect the usage of their ability more and more.

They had figured out that their father was a growshi too. They had inherited his rare ability that allowed the twins to inhale air, deeper than what was possible for any other kind of reptile-species, increasing their height and muscle mass in staggering amounts. Along with the increased strength and speed, they also gained a unique regeneration power that allowed the growshis to mend all their wounds and eliminate many other negative effects in the body. Yetshi now used his powers to remove his drunkenness.

As Yetshi opened his eyes again, he couldn't help be feel proud, his hours of training had really been a success. He could see clearly again, the drunken feeling was gone.

“I see that your training was worthy brother.” giggled a relieved Yash, his eyes gleamed half-angrily, half-amused. Yetshi nodded with a soft blush, rubbing his head nervously.

“WOW! That was impressive, I didn't know that you could even do that to recover from a drunken stupor Yetshi.” growled Dyshi, surprised. Ciro and Pork nodded together.

“Well it was hard work. I needed three whole years to improve my growshi powers that much. It goes without saying that Yash can do it too.” explained Yetshi, blushing even more. He patted his brother's shoulder and listened to the amazed whistles from their friends.

“Regardless, it's time to focus on the gig. If all you silly yoshis could follow me now, I would be very happy.” growled Yash with another smile, nudging the shoulder of his brother in a friendly way. The others nodded.

A few minutes later, the five yoshis stood outside of the house, a cold breeze welcomed them, heralding the upcoming winter. The signs of the season changing were visible everywhere; once lush green grass now looked brown and withered, .skies were now more commonly a thick sheet of grey as opposed to the bright cheery blue of summer, flowers curled into sleep until the spring.

The wind carefully carried a few of the last leaves on the huge tress into the garden. A single one fell in a circular motion before finally resting on the ground. The yoshis followed its final moments before the leaf laid motionless, waiting to rot under the snow and ice of the encroaching winter. A new spring would breathe life into nature again though, bringing all the lost beauty back, only to fall once again when the time came, in an endless circle of life and death.

The yoshis snapped themselves out from their thoughts, and brought their minds back to the present, remembering they were supposed to be preparing this gig. They looked excitedly in each others' eyes and the McTaylis twins clapped with their hand-paws, the sign to start. It was their day and nothing would stop them.

Over the next few hours, five busy reptiles rushed through the garden and created slowly put the stage for the best birthday performance ever together. Ciro was busy bringing tables and benches into the garden, aligning them under the command of Yash, detailing the arrangement meticulously.

“I KNOW!” growled Ciro, a bit stressed as Yash continued to explain in maddening detail how things were to be placed. Their friends burst into laughter, while the McTaylis smiled apologetically, scratching the back of his neck.

Together, Ciro and Yash were able to put the area together perfectly, both yoshis were satisfied about direction and decoration. They slapped their hand-paws together and the growshi thanked his friend with a deep, warm hug. Byron couldn't cover his soft blushing.

Meanwhile, Yetshi, Dyshi and Pork were busy establishing the stage for their evening gig. Well planned, they arranged the details as the growshi imagined. After hours of work, the three yoshis built an simple, but functional stage made from common wood.
    Their happiness couldn't be greater. They draped a banner with their band's name across the front of the stage: “LYM”. Ciro and Yash joined in as they were done with their part of work, and the musicians looked into each others' eyes. The last hour before the guests would arrive had come.

“It's time for instrument checks.” cheered Yetshi with a satisfied glowing in his eyes. Brother and friends alike nodded in approval.

Ten minutes before family and friends would overcome them like a storm, the reptiles positioned and wired their instruments on the stage for the upcoming, musical night. Yash and Yetshi on the guitar and bass, keyboard and drums for the other yoshis. At least there was not much to do anymore, just a few tests for the equipment. The tensing and happiness that lay in the air drove the impatient McTaylis twins nearly crazy.

None of them cared much about the generator on the stage, the machine that would provide their instruments with enough electricity for their gig. Busy as Yash was, he stood next to it and didn’t realize as a series of fine cracks began to appear on the sides of the generator. It happened suddenly.

The explosion hit the young reptiles, catching them completely off guard. Loud yells, full of fear and panic, resonated in the garden as electricity rushed through the air. Yetshi saw his brother just barely escape the power of millions of bolts, how he stumbled over a cable and fell to the ground.

“YASH WATCH OUT!” screamed his twin, his voice cracking from fear as he saw how the cabling, that was mounted over the stage, swayed dangerously through the explosion, ready to fall on his brother. Yash was frozen as he was faced with what would be certain death.

Yetshi began to move, never had he ran so fast, driven only by the thought of extracting his brother from the hazardous area. The cabling swayed more and more, the growshi screamed again and Yash scrambled onto his feet-paws again. In the next moment, part of their equipment broke, falling down to the earth.

The reptile roared, the seconds ticking away. Yetshi launched towards his brother, forcefully pushing him out of the way with his own body. Yash was knocked off his feet, landing a distance away from his brother, on his back. He reached out to yell for him, the last thing he saw was his brother's sad, but somewhat relieved smile just before the cables buried him.

The generator exploded, bathing the room in a brilliantly luminous flurry of yellow bolts and streams, their sound completely drowned out by the agonized, distressed cries from Yash.

A nearly deafening silence engulfed the whole of the garden.
    Demron ist offline

7. #7 Zitieren
    A Massive Vision

Era 3, Year 123, November...

Yetshi floated in a sea of darkness. There was nothing aside from the silence, alone with his thoughts, an endless cycle swirling around his mind. Physical necessities had no role here, feelings had their place far away, in a world he was no longer a part of. Freedom was all what mattered to the reptile, he wished that nothing would disturb the pleasure of relief which he'd found himself in currently.

He knew he was dead, and he saw no reason to fight against his destiny. His will died down to a few embers, the last sparks of his fighting nature gone, like they were never part of him. He imagined that nothing could follow now except for a final, brilliant bang which would lead him to a vast nothingness. That thought brought a smile to his face, it would almost be an overwhelming freedom.

A sudden wind blew through the darkness as if in response to this thought. the growshi's smile faded. He felt something drawing closer and closer, the freedom he'd felt melted away in the approaching storm. And then he was surrounded, the presence robbed him of any remaining energy. Yetshi screamed, fear reverberating in his voice as the storm destroyed the safe haven, leaving chaos in its wake.

Finally, the storm took form as a golden light. The reptile screamed his pain into the void, he drifted in a sea of fluid energy. It was warm, calming, powerful, glowing more intensively than the stars. The yoshi's heart-beat sped up, the blood coarsed through Yetshi's veins.

“WHO ARE YOU?” he bellowed, wanting to know which presence robbed him of the safety and freedom he'd wished for.

“Why do you give up, Yetshi McTaylis, don't you know that something grand waits for you.” a female voice called to him, a voice the reptile never heard before, a voice that struck him speechless.

It pierced through his body, drowned him in clarity, filled his soul, and for just a moment, in a second that felt like an eternity, Yetshi felt himself filled with a knowledge, deeper than could be explained. His desire for an end was gone, the fire within' his core rekindled.

“See? It's still within you Yetshi...you're stronger than you can expect in this moment. This is why I want you alive. Sooner than you think, I will be calling on you.” explained the voice. There was an air about it, like it was older than earth, older than the cosmos even, the essence of wisdom, with a caring tone. Yetshi knew it was right.

“You’re chosen, Yetshi McTaylis, necessary for the upcoming storm that will cover the third era in darkness. As in previous ages, this world needs the chosen one. With this knowledge, I will release you from death, until the day we are fated to meet again.” whispered the voice, the wind around Yetshi growing stronger and stronger.

The reptile's lips wanted to form words, questions, but still he was mute and the storm raged. It engulfed his body, raising him higher and higher.

“LIVE!” and the reptile obeyed its wish.

Yetshi McTaylis gasped for air, his pulse was elevated and his mind felt like it would explode. Something had thrown him back into his body, after he was gone for an unknown amount of time, in the middle of that sea of darkness. The growshi's mind worked restlessly to make sense of the chaos.

Dazed, he recognized slowly that he lay in a warm, comfortable bed, most parts of his body were covered in white bandages. Yetshi tried to move, but the weakness he felt allowed less than he expected. His arm fell back on his bed. It was no use in this lethargic state, he decided to take in the surrounding area instead.

White walls and ceiling, with illuminating lights strewn about, filled with the common equipment of a hospital room. An EKG oversaw the reptile's vital signs. Yetshi recognized the loud and agitating pinging of the machine, his pulse was still higher than it should be.

“No way, I'm in the hospital. That I'm awake now can only mean I survived that accident...I hope Yash is doing well.” thought the growshi, again his sudden attempt to move failed in his weakened state. The reptile growled, frustrated, confused by that dream, it threatened to choke him.

The door to his room opened suddenly, crashed against the wall. A nurse, dressed in a white work-dress, hustled into the room, her face was caring. She noticed that the EKG pinged. As she saw that Yetshi's eyes stood open, she stumbled over herself slightly in disbelief.
    “He is awake!” called the nurse, someone answered with a loud gasp, and voices resonated just outside the door.

Yetshi tried to move again, but the nurse came by, pushed him softly back into his warm bed and shook her head softly as she said “Don't try to move, the injuries you've got through this accident must be allowed to heal, so don't do something that could agitate that process.” The growshi wasn't very satisfied with her explanation. His heart-beat sped up again and the EKG began to ping once more.

“I'm really happy with your friendly care, but I want to know how long I was knocked out, what exactly happened there and dammed, I wanna see my family.” he explained frustrated, but his weakness allowed the nurse to hold him back with ease.

“The doctor will come soon and give you all the answers to any questions you may have. We will inform your family immediately, but till then...NO PUSHING YOURSELF!” her last words were a spooky whispering, the nurse's face got a sudden feral expression that made Yetshi nod without a single thought of defying her.

“Good.” ended the nurse happily, showing a friendly smile. She left the room as fast as she had entered it.

“Creepy.” thought Yetshi, obeying the nurse's demand, resting his eyes once more. Again he dove into another world, but this time, no mysterious dream or vision haunted him.

Two hours slipped by until the appearance of a doctor interrupted the calm, regenerating sleep of Yetshi. A deep grumbling, but gingerly voice brought him slowly back from a beautiful dream and the growshi needed some time before he could see clearly. His eyes found his doctor and immediately the reptile felt the professional air of charisma that the blue-scaled dragon exuded.

“I hope I didn’t disturb you Mister McTaylis. If I came at an awkward moment, I will visit you later.” explained the dragon friendly, dressed in the white coat of his occupation group, but Yetshi shook his head. The reptile's need for answers outweighed his want to sleep.

“The only thing I wanna know is what happened to me after that accident and when I'll be released.” Yetshi begged, his need to see his family causing him to clench his teeth a bit nervously and his head to pound.

He noticed, surprised, that his doctor's eyes gleamed with an indefinable light. The growshi felt that something must be very wrong. Why else would the dragon's mood changed this way? Yetshi's own eyes begged for an explanation, the doctor nodded sadly and sighed.

“Well, I don't know how to start exactly. Basically, your body got hit by the power of a million volts at least, something that honestly should have killed anyone within' seconds. I have to say that I could hardly believe what had happened as the ambulance brought your motionless body to the intensive care unit. But, you had all signs of an electric overcharge and I had to accept the story. I was absolutely astonished that you'd survived a direct hit like that.” the doctor explained, and Yetshi nodded with a weak smile, knowing that it couldn't have been anything but his growshi powers that had saved him.

“Even so, every important part of your body was weakened, death wanted to take you desperately. But thanks to our high technology and well trained personnel, we could repair most of the damage dealt to your body. With the combination of your growshi abilities, and our technology, we were able to save your life.” continued the doctor, looking both impressed and serious.

“I've never seen an accident of this magnitude in my career as a doctor. I can't say what the consequences will be in the future, but I can say that as we were fighting to stabilize you, more than once, uncontrollable, powerful bolts of electricity crackled from your body...it seems that the contact with the generator made the electricity somehow part of you...” ended the dragon, his eyes glowed even more seriously, his gaze pierced the totally shocked growshi.

“Does that mean...I've become a total freak?” he croaked, terrified, his heart pumping faster and faster. The EKG flipped out and suddenly, electric discharg hopped over his scales, the reptile growled in panic as he could see what he had become, what the accident had done to him.

“ENOUGH! You have to calm down...every single tensing action will weaken you again and simultaneously, the discharge will flood you again. Believe me, after you've rested and recovered more, we can help you learn to live with this new power.” commanded the doctor loudly, keeping his professional manner as he pointed at the reptile.

And somehow Yetshi was able to listen and calm himself, his pulse slowed to a normal pace again and the electric discharge disappeared as suddenly as it started. The doctor allowed himself a relieved sigh and smiled encouragingly. Hot tears streamed down the growshi's face, he couldn't believe how much the accident had changed him. Hopelessly, he stared at his body, covered in bandages, so much had changed in such a brief moment.

“Don't give up. Soon you will learn to accept this new part of you and learn to deal with it. We all will work together to help you come to terms with this. I think it's time to leave you alone with your family, they're waiting for you in front of the room already. My next visit will be tomorrow.” The doctor's last words were enough to perk the growshi up once more, the happiness of seeing his family again crushing any ounce of sadness within' him.

With a final, friendly nod, the dragon ended his visit and turned back to the door, his place now taken by the McTaylis family, that rushed in like an avalanche. Yetshi was suddenly surrounded by mother, father and brother, Kyna McTaylis and Yash did their best to squish him with strong hugs, and his father patted his son on the shoulder firmly.

“Dammit...that hurts!” groaned Yetshi, his voice was thick with feelings. He was delighted to see his family again, and he openly wept, unable to hold back his feelings.
    “Don't cry my beloved son...we're all here for you.” whispered his mother, wrapping the reptile in her arms, rustling the growshi's hairs, but Yetshi cried even more.

Yash and Yann McTaylis stepped backward, both had tears in their eyes too. They gave Kyna all the time she wanted to hold her son, the son everyone believed would never awaken again. But he did, he won the fight against death and Yetshi was allowed to breathe again, even though he was totally changed. His family would never forget the moment they'd gotten him back. The time until mother and son were finally able to calm down from the sudden rush of emotions felt like an eternity, a time in which no-one said a word, a time of silence, tears and affection.

“I’m so happy to see all of you again...I thought I was going to die...but no...I lived...realized that my family is what matters in my life...I love all of you...” hissed Yetshi weakly, tired after all the experiences he had this day. His eye-lids grew heavier and heavier, he felt his body was calling for sleep.

“And we love you son... always. Now get some rest, sleep, recover your strength so we can bring you back home as soon as possible. We will all work together, hand-paw in hand-paw to restore you fully.” His mother whispered, carefully stroking his hairs again, everyone saw how sleepy Yetshi was after all.

The growshi smiled, hearing those words, and growled joyfully, his eyes closing finally. Yetshi drifted again into a world of silence and calmness, but this time, no darkness reached out to take him, the faces of his family-members appeared in his dreams.
    Demron ist offline

8. #8 Zitieren
    Kill My Doubts

Era 3, Year 124, May...

“Next.” echoed the monotone voice in the little anteroom. Yetshi awoke mildly terrified from his dozing state he had slipped into, sitting on a hard wooden chair had sat in hours ago.

A muscle-bound, green-scaled lizard, dressed in a military uniform with a cigarette dangling from his maw, gazed gravely in the growshi's direction. The reptile's eyes conveyed a clear message: “Move your dammed ass or leave the room.” Yetshi covered a broad yawn with one of his paws, nodding. He forced himself to move, lazily after all those hours of sleeping in that chair waiting.

With hand paws buried in his trouser pockets, Yetshi walked through the anteroom feeling very pleasant, like nothing would be able to harm him here. The eyes of countless other waiting reptiles, also buffed with similarly grim expressions, followed him as he went by. Yetshi strolled with a strength he didn't necessarily feel. Again, the growshi asked himself what bout of insanity told him it would be a good idea to enter this notorious building again?

With each step, the adrenaline coursed faster through Yetshi's veins as he recalled unwanted memories of the curious evening, “Honestly, what a conversation to share between two Mercenaries...”.

The air reeked strongly of Tobacco and Alcohol. Yetshi's face contorted as his sensitive nostrils drew in the pungent smell. Everywhere, he could see drunken silhouettes in the dulled lighting of the bar, not the usual company for him.
    What frame of mind forced him to visit this mess, he couldn't even imagine. The fact was, however, that he had chosen this bar as the last mark on his passing through Dovahpolis. He planned to spend time doing activities that he'd been too shy to carry out in the past.

In a thoughtful mood, the reptile sat down on a stool in front of the long counter. Loud rock music blasted from the radio and filled him with a wild, ravenous energy. Yetshi grinned, now amused, his original doubts seemed rather silly now. Even though the surroundings weren't the best, he began to appreciate this place. In a way, it felt good visiting a place regarded with such infamy.

“How much I've changed since that accident six months ago...” mumbled the growshi to himself, impressed and proud that his life was entering such a phase, previously believing that nothing would ever be at a good level again.

The first three months after he was released from the hospital, he had to spend at home. Most of the time, he'd had no choice but to stay in bed, only relieved by the occasional meetings with his doctor and other recovery personnel, that observed the reptile's new powers. Will, training, and his family were necessary in fixing his ruined self. How much they had to put up with in that house with Yetshi's wild mood swings, he didn't dare count. He was ashamed now, thinking back on those times.

Regardless, his recovery was a complete success. Slowly, he was able to control the electricity that was now forever part of him, the random discharges slowed down, Yetshi learned how to focus and release his powers by his own will, not based on a torrent of emotions alone. How happy the McTaylis family had been the day the doctor visited them for the last time, explaining that Yetshi had learned to deal with his changes.

“I'm so proud of you son.” sighed his mother with relief, kissing the blushing reptile on his cheek. Yetshi rubbed the area, his cheeks filling with a deep crimson shade.

“Please mother, not in front of the doc.” he mumbled awkwardly. His mother hugged him, a smile on her face and some tears in her eyes, knowing that the accident changed her son's personality and appearance as well.

A big, yellow mark in the form of a lighting bolt covered Yetshi's left eye since the accident. No-one was able to explain how exactly it appeared; in fact, it was not really a scar at all, according to the doctor. The growshi found it disturbing, something that often caused him to get lost in thought, especially with the knowledge of his vision when he'd escaped death originally. The answer hung somewhere in there.

These were not the only changes the yoshi had to deal with. His more wild, silly personality caused problems too. It happened more than once; the growshi joined in on questionable adventures with friends in Dovahpolis, causing nothing but problems in the end, doing stuff he'd never tried before. Today was no exception.

Somewhere, Yetshi knew exactly why he was doing these kinds of things in a forgotten place like this. He looked for something to fill him, a void that had grown within, and he had convinced himself that the means of filling it were connected with his actions in this place.

“You wanna drink somethin bud?” a voice enquired suddenly, snapping the growshi out of his thoughts. The reptile noticed the face of the bartender, running a rag around the rim of a glass, his expression questioning.

“Sure. What do you have?” asked Yetshi, still a bit uneasy, but the anthro chameleon didn't seem to notice, grinning, with his forefinger on some flasks behind the bar.

“Whisky. Sherry. Vodka. Gin. Rum...just about anything one'd think to ask for... If y' don't mind me sayin', I make a mean “Tornado”. Wanna try it bud?” explained the reptile, proud of his knowledge on legal drugs. Yetshi's mind overflowed, there were so many ways for one to get drunk.

“The Tornado sounds great. I have that.” said the growshi hesitantly. The bartender's eyes gleamed strangely, like he had already guessed Yetshi's choice.

Within a minute, the chameleon mixed a few different kindd of alcohol to make his specialty. A thick, black liquid, as if made of the essence of darkness, was poured into a glass and slide Yetshi's way. Yetshi inspected his drink with suspicion, sniffed it and poked his tongue out slightly. It smelled disgusting.

“Don't knock it till yah try it.” growled the bartender, amused, and smiled a knowing smile. It was clear to see he'd anticipated the reaction from his customer. Yetshi huffed and nodded, taking the glass with his hand-paws.
    “Cheers.” he said under the bartender's excited watch and swallowed the drink down in one rush. He felt how it moistened his tongue and slipped towards his stomach.

With that, a burning sensation spread suddenly through the growshi's throat, a warmth he'd never felt before. The liquor warmed him to his core. The reptile hacked harshly and the bartender laughed loudly as he saw. Yetshi held his throat, unable to ignore and tough out the effect.

“I see you're not ready for that kind of drink bud.” chuckled the chameleon amused, slapping Yetshi on the back, helping him put a stop to the coughing fit.

“Gawrsh...never imagined this drink would be so strong...” huffed Yetshi with teary eyes, gasping for air, until the bartender just shook his head with a smile, turning back to his work.

Yetshi sat a bit downtrodden, likewise embarrassed in his seat. The rush of wild energy that flooded him faded slowly, like the liquid burn. Once more, the growshi was in a confrontation with himself, not knowing how to find a new beginning to his life, that would fit his changed self. Maybe, the bar wasn't the best place for such answers.

The growshi payed for his drink. He was lost in his thoughts and wanted to leave the bar, until suddenly, he heard a rather interesting conversation between a couple of the bar's guests. Yetshi strained his ears, wanting to catch every detail.
    “Did you hear that the agency is searching for new recruits?” enquired one of the guests, his speech slurred from the alcohol, trying to see through his likely drunken blur.

“Of course I have Jonas, I'm not dumb like you! Soon I will apply there and get the job of a bounty hunter!” retorted Jonas, a skinny, foolish feline with a dumb grin, proud of his plans.

“Man you're such an idiot. I wouldn’t risk my life for the agency's missions, even when the payment is high and the merc life is decadent. The fact that you have to submit to 2 years of military training makes this deal such shit...”

Yetshi didn’t hear the guests' last words, because he was already outside of the bar, running through the streets of Dovahpolis. The words of Jonas and his friend echoed loud and clear in his head. How had he gone this long without a lick of knowledge regarding such an opportunity. Yetshi had felt another change within' him, as he bounded outside the city boundaries to a great forest, bathed in silver moonlight. He felt absolutely sure of himself, after all those months he had spent being so unsure.

“I know what I have to do. Even though this could be one of the hardest decisions in my life, I have to do it. For myself, for my family, for my future.” mumbled the growshi in silence, feeling how the warm summer breeze brushed his skin and pulled at his clothes gently, gazing up at the countless stars in the sky.

“Name?” roared an unfriendly voice suddenly, snapping Yetshi's attention back to reality. He realized with a shake of his head that he'd spent the last seconds lost once more in the past.

Determined, the dinosaur gathered his thoughts and will and looked directly, seriously, into the lizard's face. His opposite inhaled, the end of his cigarette glowing bright orange, and blew the disgusting smoke into the growshi's face. Yetshi showed no reaction, aside from narrowing his eyes to slits upon contact with the putrid smoke.

“Yetshi McTaylis.” he hissed, a coldness in his voice he'd never shown before, knowing that the agency accepted only the best trained and also hardest recruits for the military training on Frictos, only the most self depricating.

“It's always good to see fresh meat choose a life full of adventures, but boy, don't you think that you're a bit too young and skinny?” growled the lizard as he linked Yetshi's face to the name written on the application the growshi had sent to the agency a few days ago. The reptile's amused grin couldn't be brighter.

“I think that I should be able to join the agency.” answered Yetshi slowly, more and more in rage. His yellow eyes glowed dangerously, but the lizard laughed resounding.

“Good joke kid, a second ago I really believed your words, but seriously, move your ass out of here, come again when you're more buffed and older. In the future, our office should demand photos of the possible recruits.” the lizard continued cackling, unaware of the grave mistake he'd just made.
    His laughter was suddenly interrupted by a yellow glowing that began to fill the anteroom, getting more and more intense with each passing second. The lizard screamed as the light skipped before his eyes, he buried his face with his hand-paws. Surprised voices filled the room, the other hopeful recruits caught completely off guard.

As he could see clearly again, the lizard's maw dropped wide open. He refused to believe what he was seeing right in front of him. He rubbed his eyes, hoping to dispel the illusion, but nothing changed. Yetshi gave a bright grin as an answer, presenting the result of his powers in the form of raw muscle.

“Am I buffed enough?” he enquired, loud applause resonating in the anteroom, the other possible recruits couldn't get enough fro the growshi's show.

Twelve feet tall, covered in green and white-scaled muscles, and a long, snaking tail combined with a confident smile, Yetshi looked down on the lizard, knowing that the result of growshi and electricity powers would be enough for a“yes”.

“A few months, and now I'm able to get more muscle mass and power, thanks to the electricity...maybe this accident wasn't THAT bad.” thought Yetshi amused, ready to meet his upcoming, new life as a recruit for the agency.
    Demron ist offline

9. #9 Zitieren
    Got That Feeling

Era 3, Year 125, July...

One year had passed since Yetshi made the decision to become a recruit of the agency, the greatest and most known organisation for mercenaries on Reptilica. When the growshi thought back, how fast the time had passed after his choice, he became rather wistful. His whole life had changed, as he'd wanted. Each day he trained, he felt more and more certain that he'd made the correct choice moving forward in his life.

“But even with all those positive aspects, and despite my determination... I never imagined how much I would miss my family.” the reptile began to realize as he proceeded with the daily morning workout regiment. His steps were slow, his eyes directed through the thick, opaque glass at Reptilica. The colourful planet seemed to glow more intensely that the stars in the endless darkness of space.

With his decision, everything had changed, even the place he lived now. The new recruits, future mercenaries, were required to complete a rigid training program on Frictos, one of the two moons of Reptilica. This was the hardest thing for Yetshi and his family to choke down before the growshi joined his training. The only ways one reached this moon was by either means of spaceship, or direct teleport from the agency's base of operations.

Too well, he remembered all the discussions, the bitter tears and yelling that resonated in the McTaylis family’s house, as he announced his decision to become a mercenary. All logical arguments, and all empathy the yoshi held within him were necessary in order to convince his mother, father, and brother, that this choice was the correct one in the yoshi's life. He'd succeeded, they accepted his plans, and so Yetshi left his family, excited for what the future would hold for him. Despite his excitement and the blessing of his family, he left with an incredibly heavy heart, knowing these 2 years would be far from free of hardship.

The hardship started immediately, and continued to be especially hard those first number of months. Yetshi had arrived on Frictos by means of the teleportation network. He was immediately welcomed by the harsh reality of the agency's training methods. The growshi was assigned on his first day to a group know as the “Red Snakes”, the 8th company for new recruits. It was lead by an older, well hardened, gray-scaled eastern-dragon, who did his best to whip “a group of hatchlings” into disciplined, effective soldiers.

“I welcome all of you to the “Red Snakes”, the agency's best and most well known company for new recruits.” were the officer's first words to the gathering of prospective mercenaries around him. To this day, Yetshi could remember how harsh and unfriendly the atmosphere was, how he realized that this dragon would do everything in his power, to make military training the most uncomfortable in the growshi's life. The instructor continued his speech.

“Everyone who thinks that a great time, full of laughs and adventure awaits him, can use the teleporter to get your pansy asses right back home. This is your new home, WE ARE THE AGENCY!” he yelled the last words with a harsh undercurrent in his voice. All the new recruits winced in fear.
    “YOU WILL RUN AS LONG AS I WANT YOU TO... YOU WILL EAT MUD IF I TELL YOU TO, WITH NO QUESTIONS OR RETORTS... I WILL TEACH YOU TO FIGHT TO THE BITTER DEATH...ALL OF YOU WILL EAT WHEN I SAY YOU CAN AND NOT A MOMENT BEFORE OR AFTER...ALL OF YOU WILL SHIT WHEN I SAY YOU CAN...DOES EVERYONE UNDERSTAND?” screamed the grey-scaled commander, his eyes were wild and untamed like a thunder storm. For a single moment, no-one even dared to breathe, their eyes widened in realization as they awakened to the poignant reality of what this training would entail. Time itself seemed to stand still, waiting for permission to proceed.

“I SAID, DO YOU UNDERSTAND?”
    “YES, SIR!” The response echoed across everyone in the crowd. The dragon grinned, pleased.

“Then I will mold all of you into mercenaries.” the instructor growled. The military training of the agency demanded everything from Yetshi, all of his will, his strength and even his feelings.

Grueling daily marches, weapon training, steeling of the body, war theory and tactics... all routine of the agency’s training. The first months especially were taxing, and Yetshi fought the urge more than once to turn tail and give up. However, each time, he remembered the promise he made himself, that this would give his life meaning; that promise kept the yoshi fighting forward through 2 years of hell.

Today, as he drug himself to drills, it was this thought that once again propelled him forward. One year had passed, half the time already. Sooner or later, he would be united with his family again, and he knew everyone would be proud of him.

“And I can say I'll be proud of myself too. I should never forget that.” mumbled the growshi. A new hope filled him with each passing second. He arrived at the workout location full of renewed determination, nothing was left of the weak reptile from a few minutes ago.

“You're quite late today, Yetshi.” The trainer barked at his student with a sharp grin. As the growshi appeared in the hall, all eyes were directed on him.

“It won't happen again, SIR!” he yelled the last word. The grey-scaled dragon nodded, a pleased grin reaching from cheek to cheek.

Yetshi mixed himself amongst all the other reptiles that had joined the training at the same time as him, a year ago. He could honestly say he was excited to see what exercises their trainer had in store today. Each day was different, their instructor was full of ideas and regiments that would harden all of them into skilled mercenaries. Certainly they faced a great deal of deprivation, but it was all necessary.

“Today, I will start with a little surprise for all of you, because we have fresh meat from another company.” explained the commander seriously, the corners of his smile quirked. Before the students' widened eyes, the buffest dragon any of them had ever seen made its way up front.

“Holy shit.” mumbled Yetshi, maw wide open, thoroughly impressed by the silhouette alone. He figured this dragon must have already gone through rigorous training, how else could he be here with this big grin on his face, filled with self-confidence.
    The dragon was surely seven feet tall and wore a military coloured under-shirt with a pair of grey jeans. Well formed muscles were visible everywhere, testimony of years of hard training. He was sleek black scaled, embellished by bright fiery red hair and green eyes.

“What is your name recruit?” the commander's voice demanded an immediately answer, the dragon grinned with amusement.

“Draeter.” was his answer, incredibly dismissively and informal. Yetshi had the sneaking suspicion that this particular recruit enjoyed toying with his officers.

“I see that you never learned how to speak correctly when addressing your commander. That means the last company taught you nothing but shit. When you speak to me, you will address me with SIR.” snapped the instructor with anger and frustration in his voice. The recruit remained completely calm, the smile didn’t disappear either.

“It looks like I'm going to have show you what happens when members of this unit can't obey orders. Yetshi, move your ass! You're going to put this new recruit's abilities to the test.” snarled the grey-scaled dragon to the totally surprised growshi. The command caught him completely off guard.

“Me?” he replied dumbfounded. The officer began to shake with fury.

“Yeah, YOU. Quit lolly-gagging and show this recruit what it means to be in the best of the best. Now: MOVE!” growled the instructor, furious. Yetshi followed the command proudly, best of the best, he could hardly believe he'd ascended to such a level of discipline amongst all the other recruits.

A silence spread across the crowd as Yetshi and Draeter stood facing one another. Both growshi and dragon alike stood attentively staring at each other, sizing up, not sure what exactly to think about each other. Yetshi's yellow eyes glowed with satisfaction, Draeter's seemed to emit sparks almost. It was easy to see that both reptiles were more than excited for the upcoming fight. Their commander stepped between them, his face was serious as he explained the rules of the battle.

“This is just a practice fight, don't forget that. Melee only, that means no exercising your lethal abilities, we're not aiming to kill anyone today, that mean absolutely no weapons. Is everything clear?” bellowed the instructor. His students nodded awkwardly in response.

“FIGHT.” yelled the commander, quickly stepping out of the way of Yetshi and Draeter.

“I'm sorry that I couldn't introduce myself. I’m Yetshi McTaylis from Quamtir, sorry for that strange meeting.” greeted the growshi with a sparkle in his eyes, it caused his enemy to laugh with amusement.

“Same. I'm Draeter, you'll never find a more interesting sparring partner. Let us enjoy this battle.” answered the black dragon, both friendly and serious. The reptiles took their respective fighting stances.

For a moment, time seemed frozen, neither growshi or dragon moved, unable to anticipate what move the other would make first. In the end, it was Yetshi who acted first. He began the fight with a sudden bull rush, trying to ram full force into the dragon's torso.

Draeter kept his calm demeanour, and countered the attack with a flat hand-paw, completely halting Yetshi's elbow before it could hit the dragon's chest. The seven foot tall reptile responded without hesitation with a flurry of quick placed punches. It took Yetshi a great amount of effort to escape them.

“He's fast.” Yetshi thought, Draeter continuing his assault with full force.

The dragon kept Yetshi busy with quick punches, driving the growshi further and further back, the attacks causing Yetshi to grow more and more weary. One wrong move was all it took for Draeter to be able to land his fist directly on Yetshi's nose. Yetshi stumbled back in great confusion.

Yetshi could feel that his nose was broken, everything swayed around him, the growshi fought against creeping unconsciousness. No, it would take more than that to bring the growshi down! Yetshi's vision began to stabilize. The growshi saw Draeter wink, and spat blood on the ground in response. Happily, Yetshi was filled with excitement, he'd met a worthy opponent now.

“Woah woah, everything all-right?” enquired the dragon with honest concern in his tone.
    “Yeap. That was a good punch bud. Shall we dance again?” chimed Yetshi impatiently. The dragon nodded in astonishment, but with contentment as well.

Everyone, commander and recruits alike, let out amazed yells and screams as both opponents collided again, ramming their fists against each other's. The reptiles were forced to remain in their positions, unable to trump each other. Their muscles glistened with sweat, seized by tensed shuddering from the abnormal amount strain their bodies were enduring.

Yetshi clenched his teeth, and Draeter's eyes glowed like fire. The spectators watched in awe as the most brilliant fight any of them had witnessed unfolded right in front of them. The growshi knew he was in trouble, Draeter was incredibly strong, stronger than him even. The question came to his mind, how would he ever overthrow such raw power. Yetshi knew that if he continued like this, Draeter would win without question. Yetshi's answer came suddenly, a new help filled him as his mind contemplated a final possibility.

“The commander said we weren't allowed to use our lethal abilities, but he didn't say anything about non-lethal growshi powers. It's the only chance I have against knocking Draeter out.” thought Yetshi, brainstorming how he'd act from here before it was too late.

He reacted within seconds and jumped backwards, leading Draeter's fist into nothing but air. Yetshi's action was met with a grin from the black dragon. Every single gaze was focused on Yetshi, how he pointed with his forefinger at his enemy, an excited glowing in his eyes.
    Electricity began to hop around the growshi's arm, Yetshi began to gather the power in the limb, enough to knock the dragon out with just one hit. A halo of gold light emanated from Yetshi's arm, and the crowd screamed his name.

“So the rumours are true, you're the yoshi with the unique power.” growled Draeter with a grin, doing his best to ready himself for what he knew could be the move to bring the match to a close.

“Yes.” Yetshi answered, returning the smile. Both reptiles were happy that they'd found someone who was strong enough for good action. It was the beginning of their deep friendship.

“SPARK!” screamed the growshi. In the same moment, Draeter moved, closing the distance between himself and the attacking reptile within seconds.

Their fists collided a final time, a blast of electricity lit the entire room, and the last thing Yetshi saw was Draeter's satisfied smile. Both soldiers sunk into darkness, and as their minds faded, Yetshi knew he had just squared off with a incredibly skilled, talented soldier, as skilled and intelligent as he was for certain.

He felt no shame, only contentment, that he fell to such an awesome dragon.
    Demron ist offline

10. #10 Zitieren
    Fallen Star

Era 3, Year 126, August

Another year had passed, and Yetshi had at last completed his military training on Frictos, after countless months of deprivation and the tension forced on his body and soul. Despite the hardships, it had been well worth it. A new Yetshi was born in those two years; strengthened, and with a new sense of his life. None of the doubts that had plagued him before remained. As he'd hoped, it seemed this decision had been the right one. Everything had changed.

Their commander released all the former recruits as soldiers, content to see these reptiles now properly formed from weak reptiles to hardened men. The dragon's training methods had been grueling, but thanks to them, every single recruit was able to discover the true power sleeping within them. Yetshi perfected the usage of his electric powers, got buffer during the training and reached a size of over six feet. Even though he'd hated his commander sometimes, he thanked him now for bringing about all those positive changes.

“And what are your plans now, soldier?” asked the dragon muttered in quiet conversation. His tone, to Yetshi's astonishment, was that of someone who was proud.

“I don't know. I got what I wanted out of these two years; I got a new sense to my life. In the immediate future, I know I want nothing more than to see my family... I miss them so much. I'll spend as much time as I want with them from here on out, taking on mercenary jobs. Which real faction I might join, I can't say for certain.” was Yetshi's answer. Yetshi was hardly able to fight back his tears at the mention alone of seeing his family again.

“I know what you feel. You know the agency will welcome such a trained soldier like you with open arms though. Don't forget that.” the old dragon added, friendly, firmly punching the growshi's arm and stepping back. These were the last words they shared together before Yetshi left Frictos, and the offer made the yoshisaur more elated than he could begin to describe.

However, to Yetshi, reuniting with his family was of the utmost importance. He knocked on the door of his home one day later, filled with happiness, fears, and doubts. Yash opened the door and stared with open maw at the sight of his brother. He'd changed so drastically, standing there in his military uniform grinning cheek to cheek.

“Don't wanna let me in brother?” teased Yetshi happily, tears streamed down his face. With a loud yell, Yash himself around his brother's shoulders and sobbed deeply, his brothers return let out a wave of emotions.

“SILLY. HOW MUCH WE MISSED YOU!” growled Yash. Crying, his twin hugged him even harder, even he couldn't hold his tears back.

The rest of the day was likewise emotional. Mother and father welcomed their son with even more tears. It had taken hours for Kyna Mctaylis to fully register that her beloved son was finally back home, a fully grown man, only starting to wrap her mind around it when her husband started blurting out how proud he was. Yetshi had been worried how everyone would take his return, he'd changed so much in two years, but it had gone as he'd wished for. Everything was the same at home, other than that his brother began to study in the time. As he went to sleep on this day, overwhelmed by so many emotions, Yetshi felt that this part of his life would always be stable. He fell asleep with a big smile on his face.

Even though he'd just returned home, the growshi didn’t hunker own for too long. He reminded himself that he now had many possibilities for jobs and work. Just as he'd planned to do, he joined a mercenary group to earn money until he could decide if he would serve Reptilica's army or join the agency as a bounty hunger. For this new work, he moved to Dovahpolis, the main-capital of Reptilica, something what was necessary to begin this new part in his life. He wasn't alone for this new chapter either.

He moved in with Draeter, the black dragon who was Yetshi's biggest rival in training as well as his best friend. During the time they served on Frictos, a strong bond was formed between them. They referred to each other as brother, after all they'd gone through together. Draeter was a tough guy, but a life without him seemed impossible to Yetshi.

So Yetshi welcomed his new life, working hard each day for his money, sharing silly moments with Draeter, and began to visit a gym to steel his already buffed body more and more. On top of this, he regularly trained in an intense kick-boxing session that allowed the growshi to make even better use of his raw power and attacks in fights.

He put his everything behind training, working to the point of exhaustion and beyond with each session.

At the end of the August month, nearly one month after the reptile moved to Dovahpolis, Yetshi was an exhausted growshi. His muscles ached each day after he left the gym, and his mind was filled with dark pictures of the life as a mercenary, cruel imagines he couldn't forget. It was like everything had suddenly shifted into something bad. The happy mood he felt previously faded away. He remembered the warnings of his family and his friend Draeter, that this could happen to him, but he didn’t listen to any of them at the time. He was paying for that decision now.

“I was foolish to think that I could manage with all this pressure I'm putting on myself.” Yetshi reflected. It was a rainy evening, he was sharing a fun night of movies with his roommate in the flat. His brother's green eyes examined him carefully. The growshi saw the doubt in Draeter's eyes and felt even worse.

“Don't mind me bro, but we've all warned you that this is the logical consequence of all these activities...” explained Draeter hesitantly. Yetshi knew that he didn’t want to sound accusatory, but understood fully, that his bro was angry too.

Yetshi nodded sadly in remorse and stared up at the white ceiling, fully lost in thoughts about what he should do now.

“Don't be sad bro... you might be a stubborn reptile, but I would never ignore a need for help. I'm sure we can fix this mess sooner or later. For now, to start, you should relax. Take some free days and go to the gym for some hydro-therapy, it'll soothe and restore those achy muscles.” explained Draeter as he shook his head. He just wanted to do what he could to return Yetshi to the vibrant bro he knew.

“Thank you bro:” Yetshi answered with a smile that stretched across his face once more, although he was worried that he was exposing how truly weakened he felt by showing how much the suggestion and concern had moved him. Draeter made a dismissive gesture and punched Yetshi in the shoulder.

A day later, he followed the dragon's advice and went to the gym for hydro therapy. Every single movement was an excruciating pain by itself, and Yetshi couldn't stand it any longer. He knew that the gym he visited offered their guests this therapy on the cheap, so he decided to visit the trainer for a chance at easing his pains. Yetshi had no idea that this day would mark one of the biggest changes in his life.

After half-an-hour of waiting had passed, the door finally opened. The growshi was excited to meet his trainer. With a smile, he stepped into the room, expecting one of the buff employers of the gym would welcome him. He never imagined a female voice would be greeting him.

“Let me welcome you Mr. McTaylis. My name is Sirena and I will be your trainer for the next few weeks.” said a friendly voice from behind. As Yetshi turned, his eyes widened with surprise as his eyes were met with the most beautiful, female yoshi he'd ever seen.

Sirena was a cyan-scaled yoshi, medium sized with long, brown hair that fell over her shoulders and a pair of green coloured, intensely glittering eyes. For a few seconds, Yetshi lost himself fully in the female reptile's eyes. He had to gasp for air, realizing her beauty had robbed him of the air from his lungs. How was it possible that eyes could glow in such a beautiful way?

As Sirena reached out a hand-paw and waved it in front of his face. Yetshi snapped out of his shock, his cheeks flushed with embarrassment as he realized what he scene he must've made. She reassured him with a comforting smile.

“If you'd please, why don't you take a seat and let me know what I can do for you?” asked Sirena after the welcome ritual in a businesslike tone. She guided Yetshi to his seat. The growshi put up no resistance, confident that she knew exactly what she was doing.

“Well, I'm visiting you for physiotherapy to treat my tensed muscles. I think I pushed myself a little too hard in the past few weeks.” admitted Yetshi with a soft blush as he explained his problems to Sirena. She nodded seriously.

“Let me see your muscles. I wanna see which ones exactly are affected by this stiffness, so we can create an individual therapy for each of those muscle groups.” demanded Sirena.

Yetshi nodded, his cheeks flushing again, and removed his shirt with a couple motions. He revealed his buffed body to Sirena. He heard a loud gasp, and for a moment he thought that something happened to the female yoshi, but he soon realized it was only accompanying Sirena's lecherous glimpses over his exposed chest.

“Everything all right?” asked Yetshi, embarrassed, and within a second it looked like Sirena had snapped back from her dream-like state. As she noticed Yetshi's confused glimpse, a red colouring appeared in her face.

“Yes, everything is okay.” she mumbled, changing gears and investigating the stiffness of each individual muscle group carefully with a soft touch. Sirena didn't want to be caught showing a second time, that the growshi's muscles impressed her more than she could put into words.

“Well. It's like I thought...” Sirena began to explain as she ended her investigation, pointing seriously at Yetshi's exposed upper body.

“All the stress of the last weeks caused the stiffness of your muscles. The best way to recover would be a special physiotherapy, focused on each individual muscle group. I think in a few weeks, you should be painless again.” her explanation was a great relief to Yetshi. He nodded thankfully in Sirena's direction.

“Shall we start then?” the cyan-scaled reptile asked, amused, her eyes gleaming intensely, full of unspoken feelings.

“Yes.” answered Yetshi, feeling the tension that hung in the air, how it surrounded both of them, signalling that something was changing imminently with this chanced meeting.

Several days passed, in which Yetshi spent time with the female yoshi, busy trying to help his body recover from the stiffness. It became clear that Sirena was a talented, likewise patient trainer, with a high knowledge of what she was doing. Her therapy worked wonders, and soon the growshi could feel the first results of it, the pain following his movement and activities being much less. Slowly, he began to love those hours with Sirena, enjoyed each second with her. He loved every single detail of that special yoshi.

The sound of her voice when she laughed or explained something...the sparkle in her lovely, green eyes, gleaming like emeralds...the caring nature that surrounded her, giving her an incredibly alluring air...the moments she showed her wild personality...all those things and more, were all what made Yetshi able to love her more with each passing day.

Finally, the day came that everything would change for the pair. The same dice that had rolled favourably for their meeting had rolled once more. In the first moment, everything seemed to be normal: Yetshi laid down, ready to get the next part of his physiotherapy, ready to enjoy Sirena's soft hand-paws again, how they stroked over his sensitive muscles, how each touch would be a pleasure in and of itself...but in the next moment, suddenly, without any warning, he recognized Sirena's stifled sobbing.

He stood up, turned back to her, greatly worried, and saw how the tears streamed down her face. He was concerned that something might have hurt Sirena deeply. Yetshi didn’t know what happened, he wanted to say something, but every question that his mind formed sounded foolish. The growshi stepped closer to her, endlessly mournful to see this beautiful yoshi crying.
    “So...sorry for...cry...cr... crying, but...I don't know...” she whispered with a husky tone in her voice, her body vibrated and shuddered from the rush of feelings that reached her.

Yetshi stepped nearer, grabbed her hand-paws softly and squeezed them in a calming way, causing Sirena to look into his eyes in response. The growshi stroked her cheek softly, wiped the tears away and gave a caring growl. Sirena sobbed once more, but the shuddering disappeared, a smile taking its place.

“Whatever you couldn't say...you don't have to fear any consequence...every word you will tell me, is one that's worthy...don't lose heart.” said Yetshi, endless love vibrated in his voice and caused Sirena to cry again, this time from happiness.

“I...love you...” she hissed, and for a moment, the time stood still, the magic of those three simple words transformed the situation entirely, the most beautiful yet for Yetshi as far as he could think back... he felt the same...

“I’m...so sorry...” he felt the confusion in her words, he could hear how her doubts welled up as the situation caught up with her.

Yetshi kissed her, long, intensive, the only one answer that was necessary to show her that all worries, all sorrow was useless, because both of them were united in the same way, with these feelings for each other. Finally they parted.
    “You don't have to be sorry Sirena...never...because I love you...since the moment I first met you... those few short days ago...” he explained, shattering the intense silence of this personal moment. The hugging they shared continued for an eternity.

“There's something I've had to keep from you, something about my body... let me show you what I mean... who I really am...” explained Yetshi. He demonstrated his growshi abilities to her, something he was forced to keep secret over the last few days.

As Sirena touched his pecs, stroking them carefully, looking into Yetshi's hopeful face, the reptile knew they were together.
    Demron ist offline

11. #11 Zitieren
    It's Up To You

Era 3, Year 127, January

A cold wind blew over the lonely plateau and myriads of white snowflakes whirled around in the air, being whipped about in whatever direction the wind chose to blow. They stuck in a layer to everything they came into contact with. Soon, the landscape was covered in a a sheet of the same white color. Each of Yetshi's breaths caused white steam clouds as he climbed out of his car, a shuddering seized his body after the reptile had spent so many hours in his warm car. Chilled thoroughly, he rubbed his hand-paws together, stomped on the ground and tightened his jacket.

Within seconds, the growshi's attention was directed to the abstract building in front of him. He took some time to survey his surroundings; a landscape full of grey stone, lonely trees, forgotten and far away from any civilisation, a place a common scalie would never visit. But Yetshi wasn't a common reptile, and the mission that brought him to this desolate place was also far from common.

“This must be the temple then...” he thought as he walked towards the temple, impressed. Soon he would find the object he'd been hunting for months.

Imagining his commander's pleased grin when he returned from successfully completing the mission encouraged Yetshi even more, and so the yoshisaur's steps got faster and faster. Snow, mud and stones gritted loudly against each other as he hastily trod over them, the silhouette of the ruins seemed to tower even more forebodingly as he drew nearer.
    Yetshi passed old pillars, whose colours had long since been weathered away, he passed plates with inscriptions he couldn't understand, written in a script that had likely long since been dead. Despite this, somehow, everything felt so familiar to the silent reptile. Every thing he took notice of made these feelings more intense, creating more questions than answers.

“It's like I've seen all of this already...a long time ago...but I'm certain I've never set foot here in my life...” mumbled Yetshi, he felt as if each question crossing his mind was putting more and more weight down on his chest for him to carry.

Only a long stairway, made out of the same material as the ruin itself, separated him now from the entrance. He took on this last obstacle with a rather grim demeanour.

When Yetshi had accepted this job, the first job he'd been offered since joining with the famous agency, he couldn't have been more eager to get out on the field. Now, nothing was left of that energy, each step he took was followed with an increasing sense of dark foreboding. This mission, that he'd imagined would have been nothing more than an easy pick up, had suddenly become something much more deep and personal to him. He didn’t know why, he didn’t know how, but Yetshi knew that much more lay behind this temple than some old broken sword.

“Now, you're part of the most well-known assembly of trained soldiers Reptilica has to offer. You've certainly made the right choice, kid. Are you ready for your first mission?” The memory of the dragon's voice resonated in his mind, the voice from the day he'd decided it was time to end his break.
    “Of course I am, sir.” he had answered, the growshi's smile couldn't have been brighter. He had been incredibly proud for making it into this elite force, excited for what kind of dangerous missions his commander had in store for him at the time.

“That's what I want to hear.” growled the old dragon with joy, as he proceeded to present the new mercenary with the details of his first mission. He recalled how his own jaw dropped as the dragon explained the mission to him.

That was it? Search for an old relict, maybe a sword, laying somewhere buried in a forgotten temple? Yetshi had thought he'd be fighting some dangerous criminals, or saving some scalies from a burning building even, but not such a silly mission. Disappointed, he'd looked into his commanders face, hoping this was a joke, but nothing in his commander's face hinted as such.

“I know how you feel McTaylis. Screw those doubts and do what is demanded of you. Never scrutinise a mission, even when its content sounds ridiculous.” The commander had finished, and that was all Yetshi had needed to hear before nodding and accepting the job.

So he'd been devoting his time to this for months, searched through uncountable books for a possible lead on the location of this artifact, spoke with intelligent historians and listened to every far-fetched theory, one after another. It had eventually lead him here, to where he stood now with these overwhelmingly heavy feelings of confusion and almost deja-vu.

“I know of no other place Oxydius could be.” Yetshi thought to himself, his mind returning to the present as he faced the great door of the temple. Carefully, he ran his hand-paw over the old stone, recognizing its numerous insignias and pictures depicting a time of war, when the land had been plagued by crusaders, blood and steel.

“Whatever this mission brings for me...it's all based upon the same theme...war...and this will never change.” hissed the reptile, moved by such thoughts. He investigated the entrance for a possible switch.

Somehow, he'd have to open the door. He refused to give up, not when the object he searched for was so close. So he continued to search, eager to find the answer as he had so many times before, in situations everyone else had given up. His stubborn mood was rewarded.

He touched the switch unexpectedly, a pressure plate carved in the stone. Yetshi gasped as the earth trembled under his feet-paws, and leapt back as the great door began swung open gradually. The growshi's heart-beat sped up. He knew, this was the last stretch, leading to the completion of his first mission.

A final, loud rumble resonated in the air, and then there was silence. Yetshi looked into the inner part of the temple and saw nothing but a darkness that seemed almost eager in a way to swallow him.
    Yetshi breathed deeply. One time, two times, a trick he'd learned on Frictose. He felt the tension that built up within' him dissipate slowly as he breathed deeply and evenly, looking around this inner sanctum. What did he have to lose now? The only enemy that faced him now was the darkness.

Within seconds, the growshi entered the temple. It was like a whole new world, totally different from the familiar buildings he'd been living in his whole life. The reptile lit up a torch, casting enough light for him to navigate the dank corridors of the temple. A colossal shadow danced on the walls he passed, his only companion as he ventured to what must have been the final, untouched graveyard in the world.

On every old stone, the silent yoshisaur discovered new images, different even from the ones outside. They illustrated days of battles long since passed, reptiles fighting and slaughtering one another, always lead by a significantly tall figure, covered in what seemed to be pure white armor plating, and a two handed blue sword, based on the bits of paint that remained.

“This must be Oxydius, the artifact I've been searching for.” whispered Yetshi to himself, as if afraid to wake whatever ancient souls lay here in eternal rest.

As he advanced deeper into the temple, the air smelled much more musty and stale. No soul had visited this temple for hundreds upon hundreds of years. Yetshi found it incredibly strange that he seemed to be the only one who'd visited this place, beyond coincidence certainly. The feeling that some force was observing him began to well up inside of him.
    “Someone had to enter the temple before I found it. I mean there was a switch! I found it by chance, some other scalie had to have done so too, right?” Yetshi thought to himself. It couldn't have just been an accident. Fate, destiny, there was a reason he'd gotten this mission.

Yetshi made his way through one more of the seemingly endless corridors. He had no more time to contemplate fate and destiny as he was met with another obstacle between him and what he'd sought after for months now; A monumental door, created out of an unknown, black metal obstructed his way. It was guarded by two thirty foot tall statues, each of which held one hand-paw out in the form of a warning gesture. The growshi had no doubt that he would find Oxydius behind this door.

His walk was now hesitant, the colossal guards rolled slowly by with each step he took. The yoshi recognized one of them as the warrior from the pictures he had seen just a few minutes ago. This time he could make out the face. This mysterious hero was an argonian with a grim facial impression. The other statue looked fierce; a bulked, anthropomorphic raptor, dressed in the strangest clothes Yetshi had ever seen.

“A steampunk dress? In a temple of the FIRST era?” he thought, overwhelmed by the implications this could yield.

Whatever all of it meant, Yetshi understood that both of those heroes had something in common. Both of them were probably owners of Oxydius, because the legendary sword was in the scabbard that each had.
    Just a few feet away from it, the growshi's eyes found the great door once more. He shook his mind clear of question, focusing on the only thing that mattered now, this door. Once again, he allowed his hand paws to explore the surface of the door, feeling the age beneath his finger tips. The black metal was hard and steady and Yetshi knew somehow, that it was tougher than anything he knew of.

Sudden images flooded his mind as he tried to search for another switch. Yetshi felt like his head would explode. The reptile's pained yells resonated through the ancient floor. The memories passed rapidly: He saw how two big armies collided with each other, bloodthirsty yells splitting the air, steel bashed against steel, and in middle of it the argonian, armoured in pure white. Oxydius alone stood between life and death.

“Do you see it?” an unknown voice asked, so close, but so far away. For a moment, the argonian looked in Yetshi's eyes, wide with fear.

Everything changed suddenly, now he could see the anthropomorphic raptor, dressed in those steampunk clothes, fighting against staggering amounts of enemies on a flying ship, a little lizard on his shoulder. Oxydius emitted a bluish glow, the blade was covered in blood.

“Soon you will understand.” hissed another, familiar voice. The memory faded as quickly as it had come.
    Dazed, the growshi sighed with relief as his vision returned to normal. He knelt on the ground, suddenly fatiued, the greatest headache he'd ever experienced pierced his brain. Moaning under all that pain, the growshi did his best to stand, the world danced dangerously.

“What in any hell was that?” mumbled Yetshi, glaring with confusion and astonishment at the door. His maw dropped wide open, he could feel the blood coarse through his veins.

He peered into a small, old chamber. In the middle of it was an alter, hidden for countless ages. Somewhere between witnessing all those strange memories that were certainly not his own, the door must have opened to let Yetshi pass.

“Here we go...” he'd thought, tensed, a blue lighting was reflected in his glowing eyes.
    Demron ist offline

12. #12 Zitieren
    Invisible Enemy

Era 3, Year 127, November

Yetshi dragged himself across a bleak, stony grey landscape, only the stars watching him. Each breath he drew was torturous, Yetshi's heart raced and pumped blood so hard he could feel it travel across his whole body. Each part of his body worked harder than ever before. Yetshi's focus lay only on his mission. Something kept him moving at an urgent pace.

He contemplated how in many ways, this mission was not unlike his last involving Oxydius, when he'd been at the temple a few months earlier. In a way, he knew the story involving him and Oxydius wasn't over. Too many things had happened in that temple, things that changed him forever, he knew something big was coming. After he'd recovered the broken sword a few months earlier, he knew he'd find himself entangled in the sword's destiny once more sooner or later.

Yetshi sped up under the silver moonlight, a grin across his face. The silhouette of the building he wanted to find came into view. He allowed his mind to linger on the words of his commander after he'd told him everything about the mission; the temple, the visions, everything.
    “It's something big. A storm's coming, and you – you are smack in the middle of it.” The voice of the commander reverberated in his memory.

Destiny had continued to follow the growshi: Yetshi had brought the broken sword to Dovahpolis' biggest museum. The curator, the one who'd given Yetshi the mission, awarded Yetshi with enough finances to rebuild his life. He had a home now, which he moved into with his brother and girlfriend. Then, a few months later, someone stole the sword.

“But this time, it didn’t take as much time to find the thing.” the yoshisaur boasted proudly to himself. With some definitive signs and evidence, the thief was quickly discovered to be on Diego Erzia; a criminal mastermind and ruthless monger, who sold old artefacts, like Oxydius, for a high price on the black market.

The complex, which the criminal had chosen as his hideout, lay now directly in front of him. Yetshi noticed the high walls, made out of a familiar black metal, and saw only one entrance which was guarded by two soldiers, covered in a strong armour that they'd have to be pretty well trained to manoeuvre in.

“Traitors.” he hissed, anger seized him within seconds as he recognized the insignias on the armour. Engraved plain as day was a symbol of none other than the agency.

So they were working for Erzia, an enemy, betraying him on the most basic of levels. The mission had suddenly become a lot more interesting.
    “I have to knock them out somehow...” Yetshi contemplated, scrunching his face in though, thinking of a way to deal with this problem.

Of course, he had reckoned that Erzia's hideout would be guarded, but never would he have imagined some soldiers of the agency to act as a shield for this criminal ass-hole. Yetshi didn’t know anything solid about the enemies and their strength, he could only guess. As members of the agency, the growshi knew that he would be at a huge disadvantage in an open brawl if those soldiers had some special powers too. Still, there was no choice, he'd have to find a way to push past this obstacle.

“I should watch them through the night, figure out how they...” but before Yetshi's mind could put together a possible plan, he heard a kind of loud, crackling noise from behind him, interrupting his planning and pulling him violently into the moment mentally.

Yetshi turned and hid between some bushes hastily, in an attempt to hide and see what had discovered him. This too was interrupted by a hard punch straight to the neck, of course without any warning. Everything began fading to darkness, as it had many times before as well.

“He's stirrin.” rumbled a deep voice with the equivalence of a thunderstorm. It penetrated Yetshi's confused mind slowly, the cover of darkness in his eyes dissipating.

“Thank you Gadreel. Leave us.” commanded a much more silent voice, patient even. It was hard for the growshi to understand the words, his head screamed in near blinding pain.
    Steps echoed out of the room after the silent voice had spoken, Yetshi used the moment to regain some sense after such a hard blow. A few deep, long breaths of air were able to activate his growshi powers, enough to clear his sight again. His maw dropped wide open as he came to realize what a strange room he was in currently.

Everything here was covered with innumerable testimonials of long gone days. Pictures showed scenes of colossal wars and other happenings, the same reptile dawned in pure-white armor in each one. Yetshi saw tablets, full of mysterious letters and signs, made out of black stone, both strange and familiar to him. There was a notable abundance of books as well. Within seconds, the growshi was once more confronted by his past exploits.

“Fascinating, no?” enquired a familiar voice, curious. As Yetshi tried to turn his head, he realized his arms and legs were thoroughly tethered to a chair, held in place by metal and chains.

A colossal roar shook the room, Yetshi's reaction to his imprisonment, but the chains held fast, resisting his enormous powers. The steps came closer, and after a few seconds, the reptile could finally look into the face of his captor. Any will to resist was wiped away and replaced with a pure state of shock.

“Let me welcome you to my private room, scalie.” Diego Erzia welcomed him with a ghastly glint in his eyes; a grey, fur lined grin parted his maw.

“You...you are a Morph?” Yetshi asked, disgusted. The knowledge of Erzia's true self hit hader than he could have anticipated.

“Of course, what else would I be?” giggled Erzia, amused by his prisoner's reaction. He established himself fully in front of the reptile, whose eyes were constricted to a pair of slits.

Diego Erzia was a bit less than six feet tall and an anthropomorphic “morph”, based upon a rat. He was a special variation of the species he was part of. Grey fur covered his whole body, which was sinewy but toned looking as well. This fact revealed many things about his enemy, mostly that Erzia must be a fast and battle seasoned fighter, something Yetshi didn't immediately expect in this kind of criminal.

Scalie and morph looked each other in the eyes, the tension was thick enough to hold, filling Erzia's hideout, it was unbearable. Yetshi's only thought was a valid means of escape from this situation that was currently beyond akward. It was like Erzia read his thoughts, he grinned a terrifyingly knowing grin.

“Don't even think about escaping my hospitality, there are so many things we need to talk about.” explained the morph sardonically, and again, anger overcame Yetshi like a thunderstorm.

“What do we even have to talk about?” he hissed furiously. Erzia laughed loudly, his voice resonated through the room, filling the reptile's ears.
    “Don't play the fool, Statyk. You know exactly what I mean.” responded the morph impatiently, but Yetshi's eyes showed no sign of knowledge.

“I guess you're hopelessly confused, because I never heard that name. You will never get my true name.” snorted Yetshi disparagingly as he shook his head.

“Do you really think I'm interested in the common idiot speaking to me here at the moment? No, I wanna speak with the person that lay deep inside of you; your true self, that you've tried to ignore for so long, the part of you that allowed you to enter the temple, leading you directly to Oxydius.” The morph's words cut a deeper wound into Yetshi's mind than he could have imagined.

Again, silence filled the room, Erzia relishing in the way his captive strained with the words. He began to pace around the chair on which Yetshi was seated and began to speak again.

“I take your silence as a sign that I was right with my assumption.” Erzia chimed, Yetshi staring into his cruel grin, wondering what plans were in store for him.

“3000 years ago, during the first era, the world was overtaken by all kinds of insanity, forced by a new religion that conquered the hearts of the scalies of Reptilica. They discovered the forgotten temple of the goddess Oxydia, and in her name they started the crusades against all other races that affected the planet.” Erzia recounted with sadness in his voice, the reptile was listening, wanting to glean onto anything that could help him understand how the past was related to him and Oxydius.

“For hundreds of years, the world was ravaged by steel, covered in blood. The crusaders conquered more and more countries, created their own states, slowly erased all other races from Reptilica's face... even the Morphs...” explained Erzia, his voice was now cold as ice. Yetshi realized there was more behind this story than he could have ever guessed.

“But Oxydia couldn't watch this insanity any longer. As she saw that my folk were nearly eradicated, she ended the Crusades with her powers, placing my race on another planet; that is origin of our present, galactic empire. We could survive over all those thousands of years, leading our race to a new dawn.” Erzia rejoiced. Yetshi's eyes widened, never had he heard about all of this, nor did he want to believe his captor's strange view of history.

“Even once my folk wer gone, the scalies murdered each other, the crusader states were at war against one another. So the goddess decided to end the insanity forever and choose one special, good hearted reptile; the argonian called Bedivere, as her champion. She sealed her powers into a special sword, and when the reptile found it, he was flooded with the knowledge of his purpose. He was reborn as something new, something different, and to this day, was now known as Statyk. With his new powers, he ended the war.” The picture became more clear to Yetshi as the story fell together piece by piece. His maw dropped wide open.

The vision, all those years ago...that he found Oxydius in this temple...his confrontation with Erzia...all of that pointed in one direction. Tears streamed down Yetshi's face as he realized how ignorant he had been all those years ago.

“Before Bedivere died, he brought Oxydius back to the temple he had found it in. His mission was done, and later he was buried in this place, the only solid reminder left to guard the sword being his statue, until his incarnate came into existence...” explained Erzia, enlightening Yetshi as to why he'd been able to enter the temple in the first place.

“And it just so happened that in the second era, the time of magic and machines, another reptile, Edward McTaylis, was chosen to become Oxydia's new champion. At first, he was unwilling to accept his fate, but he later grew to be the second Statyk. Again, the world was temporarily freed from war, pain, and suffering.” and Erzia's voice was silent now as he looked anxiously at Yetshi's reaction, who understood fully what this would mean for him.

“So this destiny lay in the bloodline? All of them were one family?” he croaked, not wanting to believe this strange story, hoping all the signs were wrong if nothing else.

“Yes; they were, and still are. Even this era will have its reincarnation of Statyk, like the two before. There soon will come a time in which war will ravage the world again. There's no doubt that when that happens, the incarnation of Statyk must appear, and I have no doubt based on the signs that it's you.” Erzia ended his long story, and pointed triumphantly to Yetshi, who's face looked like it was made out of stone.
    “You must be wrong. I'm nothing but a bounty hunter, a common yoshi, I can't be this Statyk.” hissed Yetshi weakly, completely taken aback by all this new knowledge. However, deep inside, he knew that Erzia's assumption was correct.

“We both know that's a lie. Soon, I will prove that I'm correct.” giggled Erzia, full of pleased anticipation. He turned away from Yetshi, only to walk in front of a cupboard, he was searching for something special.

Yetshi observed his enemy's movements, not knowing which perfidious ideas had reached Erzia's mind. Hero or not, this morph was insane. Every cell inside of the growshi warned him that something must be done, before Erzia could get his hands on whatever he searched for. He knew he desperately needed a distraction.

“What are you planning to do with me? If I'm really this Statyk character, wouldn't it be a good idea to release me before I kick your ass?” warned Yetshi, hoping to impress the morph, but bellowing laughter was all he got in return.

“Nice try, but I'm thinking you might need something to summon those powers. Something like this...” yelled Erzia, showing Yetshi the object he took out of the cupboard. Blue light flooded the room.

Oxydius gleamed more intense than the sun; its blue, electrified surface boasted a new strength, mysterious yellow runes glowed like stars in the night. Erzia held the once broken sword by its black hilt, made out of the metal, niob, and smiled mockingly.
    “I recreated Oxydius once I rescued it from that stupid museum. I followed a construction plan, which I was able to translate from an old tablet from the temple you visited. Unlike the scalies, we morphs never forgot our past.” the morph mumbled, his voice sounded distant. Yetshi was silent, starring at Oxydius, feeling his blood rush faster through his veins.

“And now it's finally time to end the line of Statyk, I've been planning it for years, I've been planning it since I pieced together the legend. The bloodline will end with your death, Reptilica will fall apart soon after, and the morphs will unleash their wrath upon the scalies in revenge for what they did to them so many years ago.” with those words, Yetshi felt as if the world around him was already coming to pieces.

The morph came closer, his steps were quick, his face full of sadistic rapture. Oxydius glowed more intensely than before, as if the weapon knew it was in the wrong hands, as if it knew it was about to be used as a tool in the execution of its true wielder. Yetshi's eyes remained wide open, a frustrated roaring escaped his throat. His muscles tensed up as he tried to free himself from his chains. In desperation, the reptile absorbed air urgently.

“COME ON POWERS, WORK!” he thought, panic overtaking his mind.

Erzia swung the legendary sword through the air, a final smirk crossed his face as he hoped to erase the last hope of a whole race. In the same moment, the growshi powers awakened. Accompanied by a draconian roaring, the growshi freed his wrists and legs from the chains.
    Everything happened in slow motion to him: As Erzia swung to behead his enemy, his smile faded as he realized what had just happened, a yelp escaping his lips instead of laughter. Yetshi cringed, escaped the morph's final stroke by pure luck, and launched a powerful punch into Erzia's stomach. The rat screamed, Oxydius fell out of his feeble hand-paws and Yetshi caught it in the middle of it's dscent towards the ground.

As his hand-paws welcomed the relic, feeling almost like an old friend now in his palm, the growshi could tell that something, a power of sorts, was beginning to well up inside of him. He breathed hard, all his muscles shuddered, hardening by some unknown means. Then, it happened; a sphere of blue light exploded out of Oxydius, covering the growshi, bestowing him with strength and knowledge of a long gone time. When he opened his eyes again, Yetshi McTaylis was gone, and the third Reincarnation of Statyk looked Diego Erzia's straight into his shocked face. The reptile's eyes showed no sign of mercy.

“In the name Oxydia, you're to be punished with death, Diego Erzia, for your plan to knowingly sacrifice a whole race by killing me. Even though the scalies did cruel things to the morphs hundreds of years ago, it's no excuse for your intended actions. The scalies of current times are innocent. This is her will, and so it shall be.” Yetshi announced with a tone in far different from any he'd ever spoken in before, the electric currents grew more intensely around him.

“OXYDIUS WRATH!” The final words Diego Erzia would ever here rang through his ears as the legendary great-sword was thrust through his body like an unstoppable drill. What followed was complete nothingness.
    Demron ist offline Geändert von Demron (28.02.2015 um 15:00 Uhr)

13. #13 Zitieren
    The Vision Has Come True

Today

“Damn, Yetshi, don't do this the whole time.” commanded Sirena with an annoyed tone, though her facial expression showed that she enjoyed her boyfriend kissing her neck more than she was able to explain.

A giggle followed as Yetshi kissed her again in response. Soon, the female yoshi found herself back in the growshi's strong, soft hand-paws. Sirena looked into the yoshisaur's warm smile, entranced, enjoying how Yetshi stroked her long hair softly, how he smelled. There was nothing that smelled better on the planet.

“You know, I will never stop loving you Sirena.” hissed Yetshi, fully lost in love, the kiss they shared together was pleasant and seemed almost endless.

Soon, Sirena slept away in his arms and the growshi did nothing more than continue to carefully stroke over her hair, watching contently how the cyan-scaled yoshi drifted away to a world full of sweet dreams. Yes, this was surely the first day in a long time he could feel so at peace.

Once he was sure that his girlfriend was deeply sleeping, Yetshi snuck himself carefully out of her grasp and left the living room with silent steps. He roamed the home he had built with his own handpaws, using the money he'd earned from finding Oxydius in those ruins, thoroughly lost in thought.
    “A home all my own, enough money for the rest of my life, a beloved girlfriend and a brother who stays by my side. That should be everything a common scalie needs in his life.” thought the growshi wistfully, knowing that none of this would ever truly fulfil him for the rest of his days.

With the day Oxydius had chosen him as his new owner, Yetshi would pursue a path he could never escape for the rest of his life. Diego Erzia was dead, as well as his plan to end the bloodline of Statyk, but this was just the beginning of something bigger, something that would be revealed to him in a future that seemed so far away, yet so close. Yes, Yetshi didn’t forget Erzia's words, that soon would come a time in which Reptilica would need Statyk again, which Yetshi was the third incarnation of.

“How can I deal with this burden? How? All of this is overwhelming, how can I be the one who should save Reptilica?” mumbled the growshi, the growing doubts threatening to rob him of the very air he breathed.

“Lost in thoughts again bro?” a worried voice asked him suddenly. As Yetshi turned back, Yash stood in front of him, his face looked serious.

Yetshi's only answer was a short nodding, because he felt unable to explain himself and the doubts that were sewn so many weeks before. How would he even begin to explain his burden to his brother? It was something on his shoulder alone, his own destiny, was it not?

“Come on, let's go brother.” said Yash with a smile, knowing his brother wasn't ready for any kind of explanation, and grabbed him softly by the shoulder.

A few minutes later, they found themselves back in the beautiful twilight, as the sun's last beams covered the world in a golden light. Yetshi could hear the waves of the nearby ocean, how they crashed against the cliff. They smelled an upcoming, wonderful summer in the air. He felt free, he felt good again, for the first time in a long time.

“You know that we are always here for you, don't you?” asked Yash amused, his smile was bright and open, giving Yetshi the feeling that all his doubts meant nothing compared to the love and support of his friends and family.

“Yes.” he said, certain about his own words and continued to watch how the last sunbeams faded slowly, making way for a warm summer-night.

A warm breeze graced his scales, whispering lovely words into his ear, like mother nature itself tried its best to be a comfort for this new period of his life. Yeah, nothing mattered more than family and the girlfriend he'd found, nothing, even his new life as Statyk the bounty hunter.

Yetshi smiled, confident and full of new energy.
    Demron ist offline

14. #14 Zitieren
    Credits

From Demron

Muses fly around, like dust in the wind. They help us discover our love for new worlds. They write with pleasure for all willing to read it, they just need time, free from reality and stress.

Muses themselves always need people around to enjoy the pleasures they produce.

So all of this is for you David, one of the kindest and sweetest people I could have ever met, someone I consider a brother in my heart.

If I never met you, none of this would've been written. So thank you for giving me the chance for releasing another part of our universe. All that I want is to see you happy. That’s the intention behind this work.

From McTaylis

A special thanks to my big argoshi bro who can't stop impressing me with such awesome stories. It was a real pleasure to work with you on such a project and I hope we retry this experience soon.

Also, a big thanks to all my close friends and watchers who keep supporting me to improve my character's personality and story. Without you, this story couldn't have existed.
    All you guys rock, keep being awesome!

Finally, a thanks for all of you who reading this story. Sooner or later we will return to bring you another part of Reptilica's Chronicles.
    Demron ist offline

15. #15 Zitieren
    Burgherrin Avatar von eclipse500
    Da mir die Geschichte wirklich sehr gut gefallen hat, kopiere ich hier einfach meine 'Review' herein. Vielleicht dient sie dem einen oder anderen als Anregung, diese wirklich sehr interessante Geschichte (die weiterführend als Buchserie geplant ist) zu lesen. Es lohnt sich auf jeden Fall!

Zitat Zitat von eclipse500 Beitrag anzeigen
    An alle Interessierten hier kann ich nur eine klare Leseempfehlung aussprechen, denn 'Codename Statyk' ist ein spannender und sehr schön geschriebener Auftakt zu einem hoffentlich nach und nach erscheinenden Romanzyklus. Ich bin absolut beeindruckt!

Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    Vorausschicken möchte ich, daß ich 'Codename Statyk' eigentlich - ohne es zu beabsichtigen - in einem Rutsch durchgelesen habe (zum Glück lese ich schnell *grins*). Das ist schon einmal ein sehr gutes Zeichen, denn es gab in der gesamten Story keine Längen und langweiligen Stellen, auch scheinbar Nebensächliches wird gut und detailreich beschrieben. Ebenfalls klarstellen möchte ich, daß dieser Kommentar meine ganz persönliche Meinung darstellt und keine in Stein gemeißelte 'endgültige und absolut objekive' Beurteilung.

Ganz allgemein bin ich in zweierlei Hinsicht sehr beeindruckt:

1.) Es wird hier ein komplett neues SciFi/Fantasy-Universum beschrieben (wobei mehr Hintergrundinfos nicht schaden könnten – dazu später noch mehr) und das in einer zumindest soweit ausreichenden Art und Weise, daß man sich als Leser mühelos zurechtfindet. Aufkommende Fragen währendes des Lesens, die ich mir bei Kommentaren zu Geschichten immer notiere, wurden fast alle nach und nach in den nachfolgenden Kapiteln beantwortet.

2.) Auch wenn dein/euer Englisch tlw. an manchen Stellen noch hakt, ist es SEHR beeindruckend, daß ihr einen ganzen Roman als Nicht-native speaker in Englisch geschrieben habt. Und ich meine, wirklich beeindruckend, denn es gibt eigentlich keine Stelle, bei der ich sagen würde, oh Mann, das schmerzt beim Lesen... es finden sich so gut wie keine Germanismen, die Zeitenfolge ist fast immer korrekt, die Wortwahl ist breiter gefächert als bei so manchem 'echten' Engländer/Amerikaner und Tippfehler gibt es (weil uns ja keine hilfreichen Lektoren unter die Arme greifen) in jeder selbst geschriebenen Geschichte; ich selbst kann ein Lied davon singen.

Jetzt zu ein paar Einzelheiten. Man merkt dir an, daß du wohl auch eine sehr romantische und einfühlsame Person bist, denn einige der Naturbeschreibungen sind wirklich gelungen und sehr schön:

They faded away like morning mist as the sun climbed higher on a summer day.

Oder auch im 3. Kapitel, wo eine Szene beschrieben wird, als ein Blatt von einem Baum fällt und damit den nahenden Winter ankündigt, was Überlegungen zum Kreislauf des Lebens und der Natur zur Folge hat. Sehr schöne Details!

Ebenso verhält es sich mit den verschiedenen beschriebenen gefühlsbetonten Szenen, sei es zwischen den Eltern und ihren Söhnen, den Schulfreunden, aber auch z.B. zwischen Yetshi und Sirena, seiner späteren Freundin. Im Großen und Ganzen driftet es nie in Kitsch ab, als ganz persönliche Anmerkung möchte ich sagen, daß in hoffentlich folgenden zukünftigen Romanen der 'Reptilica's Chronicles' die Protagonisten vielleicht ein kleines Bißchen weniger weinen... hin und wieder Freudentränen sind ok, aber man sollte es damit nicht übertreiben.

Witzig fand ich den Bandnamen 'Yoshin Park', eine Anspielung auf eine durchaus bekannte reale Gruppe [Bild: smilie_musik_011.gif] [Bild: biggrin_girl.gif]

Ebenfalls sehr gut gemacht ist im 3. Kapitel der Gegensatz zwischen den fröhlichen, unbeschwerten Feiervorbereitungen und dem eigentlich völlig unerwarteten Wechsel zu einer Beinahe-Katastrophe, die gleichzeitig auch den Beginn der eigentlichen Haupthandlung markiert.

Überhaupt ist dir bei jedem Kapitel ein sehr guter Schluß gelungen, der einen förmlich zwingt, weiterzulesen. Und das, ohne das Stilmittel des Cliffhanger überzustrapazieren... an solchen Details glaube ich zu erkennen, daß du im Schreiben bereits ordentlich Erfahrung mitbringst und 'Codename Statyk' nicht dein erstes Werk ist. Außerdem ist ganz allgmein zu erkennen, daß du dich am SciFi/Fantasy-Sektor ziemlich gut auskennst, glaube ich doch diverse Anleihen aus einschlägigen 'Universen' erkannt zu haben (was in keinster Weise schlecht ist).

Sehr schön auch wie am Schluß der Introliedtext von Nocreeps Sinn macht. Solche Details liebe ich!

Was mir aufgefallen ist und wo vielleicht noch Raum für Verbesserungen ist

Obwohl sehr gut beschrieben wird, wie sich die Persönlichkeit Yetshis durch den Unfall verändert (und auch sein Aussehen), wäre es mMn für den Leser von Interesse, wenn irgendwann kurz eingefügt worden wäre, welche Zukunftspläne Yethsi ursprünglich gehabt hat. Wollte er studieren? Wollte er einen Beruf ergreifen, wenn ja, welchen? Was für Interessen hat er, welche Hobbies (abgesehen vom Musizieren)? Was plant sein Bruder im Leben? In Kapitel 7 wird zumindest kurz erwähnt, daß er studiert.

Solche Infos helfen, den/die Protagonisten plastischer zu machen, mehr 'realer'. Auf der anderen Seite beschreibst du häufig innere Monologe Yetshis, die ebenfalls sehr gut dazu geeignet sind, die Persönlichkeit des Protas herauszuarbeiten.

Gut hat mir auch die Figur 'Draeter' gefallen, ein offensichtlicher Nonkonformist, der mir sofort sympathisch war. Er und Yetshi werden 'Bro's', sehr nachvollziehbar, aber... wo ist er am Schluß? Es gibt keine weitere Erwähnung, vor allem nicht nachdem Yetshi Sirena kennenlernt. Draeter wäre ein Charakter, den man unbedingt in der Geschichte behalten und auch noch weiter ausbauen sollte.

Ein bißchen verwundert war ich auch, daß Yetshi, Sirena und Yash in einem Haus miteinanderleben. Ich meine, Bruder hin oder her... ist das nicht ein kleines Bißchen seltsam, daß Yash als Erwachsener kein eigenes Leben hat? Oder wenn er dort lebt, was macht er? Auch hier würden einige Erklärungen ein wenig helfen.

Auch interessant – obwohl das ganze Ambiente Science Fiction-artig ist (Raumfahrt, Teleportation etc.) - benutzt Yethsi im Tempel eine Fackel... wäre hier nicht eine Taschenlampe angebrachter gewesen?

Weiters hast du mehrmals das Wort 'Argonier' verwendet. Bisher dachte ich eigentlich, das wäre TES-exklusiv. Gibts dazu vielleicht eine Erklärung, verwendest du es beispielsweise einfach auch als Synonym für Echsen im Allgemeinen?

Und dann noch: der Gangsterboss Erzia bedient sich offensichtlich Agentur-Soldaten, die auch noch in der passenden Uniform gekleidet sind? Oder gehören sie doch nicht zur Agentur, haben sie die Uniformen nur gestohlen? Ist die Agentur irgendwie mit den Gangstern unter einer Decke? Helfen sie heimlich gar den Morphs? (Eher weniger vorstellbar, denke ich). Auch hier wäre eine Erklärung gut, denn diesen Punkt, gebe ich zu, habe ich nicht ganz verstanden.

Weiters wäre es äußerst hilfreich, wenn man als Leser einige Basisinfos zu Reptilica (und Umgebung) bekäme. Als da wären:

.) Es gibt die Akademie, die offensichtlich Leute zu Söldnern ausbildet. Wie sieht es mit einer 'regulären' Armee aus? Wenn es aber Söldner/Kopfgeldjäger gibt, wer sind die Feinde? Gut, einen der Feinde lernt man später – wenn auch nur kurz – kennen. Einen Gangsterboss... gibt es noch mehr maföse Strukturen, mehr Gangstersyndikate? Und welchen Sinn hat nun wirklich die Akademie?

.) Welche Machtverhältnisse herrschen auf Reptilica? Welche Fraktionen gibt es? Derzeit scheint auf dem Planeten Frieden zu sein.

.) Wie heißen die bekanntesten Planeten/Monde des Systems? Einige werden im Zuge des Romans namentlich erwähnt, aber es gibt absolut keine weiteren Informationen darüber. Das wäre für den Leser schon sehr hilfreich, wenn er eine grobe Idee hätte, welche Planeten von den Reptilien besiedelt worden sind und welche Funktion sie haben.

Ja, das wären eigentlich all meine Beobachtungen, wie gesagt, ich bin sehr sehr beeindruckt, was ihr da geschaffen habt und die von mir oben aufgezählten Verbesserungspunkte tun der Großartigkeit des Romans keinerlei Abbruch. Was bleibt ist die Frage: wann erscheint der nächste Teil???
    eclipse500 ist offline