Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Ergebnis 1 bis 2 von 2
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Apprentice
    Seriously....this f-ing game man!

I have still to play this game as I want to play this in my front room on BIG TV, with a gamepad....but PBs default gamepad bindings are totally untenable, and thus with no means of changing the buttons, I have still not played Risen 3 yet and despite all the bad rep it gets, I know that I will probably enjoy it just like I did Risen 2.

Anyhow, I have decided to configure my 360 gamepad to map the keyboard mouse keys using a 3rd party application. However, the default key bindings in the game leave a blank for 'Ausweichen' (Dodge/Manoeuvre). Therefore in order to be able to assign a dodge button to my game pad, I need to assign a keyboard stroke to dodge in the game....BUT...when I try to do this the game crashes. The textfile that accomanies the log dump file reads as follows:

Exception Code ... EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
    Description ...... The thread attempts to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have access.

Executable ....... C:\Program Files (x86)\Deep Silver\Risen 3 - Titan Lords\system\Risen3.exe
    Version .......... 1.0 (Build 102) [Change 314592]

So. Not only can't I change the counter-intuitive gamepad buttons but I can't even remap the keyboard inputs! Does anyone know if there is an ini file or something where I can just configure my keys manually by ediiting and saving the ini/config file?
    MatDerKater ist offline

2. #2 Zitieren
    Apprentice
    For the information of anyone reading this having the same problems, I discovered on the German forum that the issue was to do with the game directory being under "Program Files x86", which only the 'adminstrator' has access to.

The solution to not being able to reconfigure the keys in game, was to install the game in a non-protected directory.
    MatDerKater ist offline