Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 31
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Ranger
    gerula ist offline

2. #2 Zitieren
    Demigod Avatar von Dino
    A great article. And I'll quote:

"Today we will be talking about one of, if not the most legendary open-world RPG of all, Gothic 2."
    This right about sums it up. Hats off to this guy for writing his take on the game.
    Dino ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von The Ore Baron
    "A Quick Look At Gothic 2 - The Original Skyrim"

Get out.
    The Ore Baron ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren
    Demigod Avatar von Dino
    ^So you are completely dismissing the article based on its title alone? Because it is put in comparison to Skyrim, which also happens to be an open-world RPG just like gothic 2 is. And quite more popular at that.

Yup, that's rich. You'll get pretty far with this mindset.
    Dino ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von Dino Beitrag anzeigen
    Skyrim, which also happens to be an open-world RPG.
    It also happens to be shit. Comparing it to Gothic 2 is downright silly and the only purpose it serves is to catch the attention of more casual players who've only played Skyrim before. And the wording itself is bad - calling something an original of another thing carries a negative connotation of the original thing being somehow less refined, less polished than the thing everyone's familiar with. Gothic 2 is superior to Skyrim in every aspect, so what it should say is "A Quick Look At Gothic 2 - The Game Skyrim Failed to Be".

The article itself is nothing special, either. It's called "Gothic II Retrospective", but there's nothing retrospective about it, it's just a review of an older game, and a superficial one at that. It doesn't analyze what makes Gothic 2 great and why after so much time we're still talking about it, it just lists the features it had before Skyrim happened. That's just lazy, I've seen way better retrospective analyses on World of Gothic, written by some of our own good community members.
    Not to mention that Morrowind has most of these features as well, and it came out in the same year as Gothic 2. Incidentally, both games are great RPGs that are still played and praised today. So what does Skyrim, the mediocre follow-up to Morrowind, have to do with anything, apart from being currently popular with the casual playerbase, who will drop Gothic 2 the moment they notice the lack of a quest arrow?
    And why even post it here? Just because someone still talks about Gothic 2 is hardly a reason for celebration, nor a dedicated thread calling for a moment of silence (I thought someone from PB died before opening it). Circle-jerking and emotional sighing hardly adds anything worthwhile to discussion or the community. We know Gothic 2 is great, that's why we're still with PB even after Risen 3.

I read the article just because you got all mad in my face about me dismissing it just because of the video title. Well surprise, I was right - the review is poorly written, and barely even captures what makes Gothic 2 great. That's exactly what I was expecting from someone who calls it the original Skyrim with a straight face. And before you tell me to write a good review, let me say that just because I couldn't (I probably could, but I won't bother with that just to prove a point) doesn't mean I appreciate other people attempting that and failing. Reviewing games is not for everyone.

And yes, this mindset has gotten me pretty far in life so far, so thank you. Knowing that something is shit before I personally taste it has saved me a lot of time and regret. Truly a useful skill to have. And you made me taste shit just because I was nice enough to give you the benefit of the doubt. I hope you're proud, Dino.

6. #6 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von Dez
    You sound a very bitter man Ore Baron and you clearly missed the point of this article entirely.
    Dez ist offline

7. #7 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von Dez Beitrag anzeigen
    You sound a very bitter man Ore Baron and you clearly missed the point of this article entirely.
    Enlighten me then, please.

8. #8 Zitieren
    Demigod Avatar von Dino
    Zitat Zitat von The Ore Baron Beitrag anzeigen
    It also happens to be shit. Comparing it to Gothic 2 is downright silly and the only purpose it serves is to catch the attention of more casual players who've only played Skyrim before. And the wording itself is bad - calling something an original of another thing carries a negative connotation of the original thing being somehow less refined, less polished than the thing everyone's familiar with. Gothic 2 is superior to Skyrim in every aspect, so what it should say is "A Quick Look At Gothic 2 - The Game Skyrim Failed to Be".
    Under what criteria is Skyrim, a game so beloved by the entire world, shit exactly?
    I can name you a few things which make Gothic 2 inferior to Skyrim, technically speaking(in other words it's not personal or based on opinions):
    -Outdated Graphics
    -Constant crashes
    -Badly optimized for newer rigs: one has to go through the process of creating a .bat launcher file and messing with the .ini settings in order to get the game running at 1920 x 1080, for example.
    -No character customization, no weapon customization, no magic customization
    -Poorly designed AI

Plus, while you may not give a rat's ass about what people play nowadays, I find it interesting to see the "new generation's" opinion on one of my all-time favorite games.
    And on a side note, what good did it do to us that Gothic never made it big? They closed and archived our English forums. Nordic Games are not looking too bright either. Is this something to be proud of? That those "filthy casuals" are not around while we, the remaining few, sit around and bitch how there will never be a game as good as our holy grail?

The article itself is nothing special, either. It's called "Gothic II Retrospective", but there's nothing retrospective about it, it's just a review of an older game, and a superficial one at that. It doesn't analyze what makes Gothic 2 great and why after so much time we're still talking about it, it just lists the features it had before Skyrim happened. That's just lazy, I've seen way better retrospective analyses on World of Gothic, written by some of our own good community members.
    Not to mention that Morrowind has most of these features as well, and it came out in the same year as Gothic 2. Incidentally, both games are great RPGs that are still played and praised today. So what does Skyrim, the mediocre follow-up to Morrowind, have to do with anything, apart from being currently popular with the casual playerbase, who will drop Gothic 2 the moment they notice the lack of a quest arrow?
    There are solid points which explain what makes Gothic 2 great. Also, speaking of features which gothic had before skyrim, do you honestly believe that Gothic (2) is the first game to be an open-world RPG? The two above mentioned games fall in the same genre, so it's natural for them to be compared and to have a like-wise game-play.
    And maybe a few of those "casuals" will get interested in the Gothic series and maybe they'll want to keep on playing, despite the constant crashes and bloody bugs which are everywhere in this game. Maybe they'll stay around for a while. And if not - nothing gained, nothing lost.

Isn't Retrospective exactly a review of an older game?

And why even post it here? Just because someone still talks about Gothic 2 is hardly a reason for celebration, nor a dedicated thread calling for a moment of silence (I thought someone from PB died before opening it). Circle-jerking and emotional sighing hardly adds anything worthwhile to discussion or the community. We know Gothic 2 is great, that's why we're still with PB even after Risen 3.
    Why not post it here? WoG-EN is closed down. Where else is he supposed to share an article of the game? While yes, I do agree that the title was misleading and the opening post was sketchy and didn't provide too much information on the content of the link provided.

I read the article just because you got all mad in my face about me dismissing it just because of the video title. Well surprise, I was right - the review is poorly written, and barely even captures what makes Gothic 2 great. That's exactly what I was expecting from someone who calls it the original Skyrim with a straight face. And before you tell me to write a good review, let me say that just because I couldn't (I probably could, but I won't bother with that just to prove a point) doesn't mean I appreciate other people attempting that and failing. Reviewing games is not for everyone.
    Mad? No. Only pointing out the good old saying "don't judge a book by its cover".
    And don't worry, I'm not interested in having you do a review of Gothic 2.
    Yes, I have to agree that the person who made the article did fail to point out a few important things such as the horrible technical issues which come with the game nowadays. But his entire review is not a failure by any means. Maybe it's different from what you have expected, but certainly not horrible. It is as if though, for example, you decide to make me a pizza but I just so happen to be allergic or simply not quite fond of one of the ingredients. Does this make your pizza absolute shit, just because I don't like the taste? No.

And yes, this mindset has gotten me pretty far in life so far, so thank you. Knowing that something is shit before I personally taste it has saved me a lot of time and regret. Truly a useful skill to have. And you made me taste shit just because I was nice enough to give you the benefit of the doubt. I hope you're proud, Dino.
    Hey, good for you man.
    Dino ist offline

9. #9 Zitieren
    Under what criteria is Skyrim, a game so beloved by the entire world, shit exactly?
    Procedurally generated fetch quests, lazy dungeon designs, oversimplified skill system, level-scaled enemies and loot, generic plot, six houses in the capital city... the list goes on. The soundtrack is amazing, though, I can give you that.

As for the points you made for Gothic 2, it's all mute. Gothic 2 looks amazing, especially with an addition of a few mods. Low-poly models are hardly an issue, I can find vistas way more beautiful than anything Skyrim could produce. Crashes are not constant, and neither is the .bat file generation - patch the game properly and you won't have any issues; I've played the Good Old Games version recently and it ran perfectly, so it's not the game that's badly optimized for newer rigs, it's probably your new rig itself. Anyway, I had way more crashed playing Skyrim. Also, character customization does not realy suit Gothic, the main character was never designed as a self-insert, as he has way too much personal characterization for that. Customization could still work, I suppose, but it's hardly a point of critique in this case. As far as AI goes, I won't say it's great, but it's certainly not worse than what Skyrim has to offer. I'd say it's even better.

Plus, while you may not give a rat's ass about what people play nowadays, I find it interesting to see the "new generation's" opinion on one of my all-time favorite games.
    And that needs a separate thread and a personal congratulation for stating one's opinion? What, you're the sort of person who 'likes' everything on Facebook, as well? My point is, someone stating "This is a nice game. I liked it very much. It's legendary!" is hardly a worthwhile opinion, worthy of a "hats off". This is trivial, and I prefer staying silent to discussing trivia. Then again, look what a nice argument it involved us in.

And on a side note, what good did it do to us that Gothic never made it big? They closed and archived our English forums. Nordic Games are not looking too bright either. Is this something to be proud of? That those "filthy casuals" are not around while we, the remaining few, sit around and bitch how there will never be a game as good as our holy grail?
    And how would having casuals around solve our problems? You'd rather have forums filled with threads like "Killed Lares, can't join blue camp. HELP!" or "How do I kill Sleeper, he puts me to sleep always?"? Gothic 2 is not popular because it wasn't designed to pander to casuals. If it was, the game would not have been as good as it was in the first place, and neither of us would most likely be here now. Liking Gothic 2, in itself, has become a criterion for thinking, smart players with good taste. I like that sort of community, even if it's a small one. So pardon me for not wanting filthy casuals to storm the gates of this private club I've grown fond of. Don't get me wrong, I want our community to grow. But I don't want it to grow by attracting all sorts of low-life rabble with no real appreciation of this holy grail of ours, as you put it. And articles calling Gothic the original Skyrim is a sure way of attracting that sort of misunderstood attention. Sure, we might get a few stragglers who'd actually know what they're talking about, but I have a feeling that sort of people are more than capable of finding about Gothic through their own circles. I know I did. Didn't take a review comparing it to a previous game I liked to make me see quality.

There are solid points which explain what makes Gothic 2 great.
    No, there aren't. It's literally "the game has several returning characters, the main hero is voiced, the writing is sometimes funny, you can travel the world while transformed into a beast, you can multi-class your skill development, monsters don't respawn, the combat is hard, no quest markers - Gothic is a very good game, why do developers not make more games like this?". A list of features that Baldur's Gate 2 had two years prior and a question that could be answered by anyone with at least a basic grasp on the current video game industry is hardly what I'd call "solid points".

Isn't Retrospective exactly a review of an older game?
    Retrospective means "looking back with your current knowledge". It's more than a review of an older game, it's an in-depth analysis of the features and specifics of the game as compared to modern standards. A standard review of an older game can have that, but it's usually not very detailed. This review, as I stated previously, does a very superficial job at retrospective reviewing, in those few attempts that it tries.

Why not post it here? WoG-EN is closed down.
    And that's a tragedy I share. Closing down WoG-EN was an act I still don't fully comprehend and a serious blow to the PB community. I think we had a thread back in WoG-EN, specifically for various community member authored and general fan reviews, that link would've fit nicely there. Now, not only it's not a good review, it also has nothing to do with Risen, and is hardly worth a separate thread with a misleading title like that, especially since the original poster didn't really add any of this own insight, basically just inviting everyone to circle-jerk about Gothic 2 once again, something we've done plenty of times already.

Mad? No. Only pointing out the good old saying "don't judge a book by its cover".
    Now, I'm not a man of many talents, but judging books by their cover correctly is something I'm proud to be good at. Take it or leave it, I can't really post proof or witness account for that. But like I said before, separating gold from dirt without actually dirtying my hands is a good skill to have. I do make mistakes from time to time, but for the most part, I'm right with my before-hand judgements.

And don't worry, I'm not interested in having you do a review of Gothic 2.
    Why not? You seemed to enjoy that one opinion, why's mine not worth your time? After all, I'm a member here at WoR-EN, and WoG-EN before that. Surely that must mean I have at least some appreciation for the Gothic series. Again, not saying that I would write a great review, I just don't think you're being nice by dismissing my opinion as shit right after teaching me not to dismiss opinions that seem to be shit.

Maybe it's different from what you have expected, but certainly not horrible.
    Eh, I can't really make an argument against a statement like that. I suppose we'll just have to agree on not agreeing.

Hey, good for you man.
    Having to taste shit because you trusted someone saying it's not shit, even though it was already evident to be shit is hardly ever "good for you", man. But I get it, you're just being snappy about my remarks, not making an argument. Won't win you a medal in debate contests, sure, but usually works in bar fights. So, uh... good for you, man.
    The Ore Baron ist offline Geändert von The Ore Baron (05.02.2015 um 23:59 Uhr)

10. #10 Zitieren
    Demigod Avatar von Dino
    Procedurally generated fetch quests, lazy dungeon designs, oversimplified skill system, level-scaled enemies and loot, generic plot, six houses in the capital city... the list goes on. The soundtrack is amazing, though, I can give you that.

As for the points you made for Gothic 2, it's all mute. Gothic 2 looks amazing, especially with an addition of a few mods. Low-poly models are hardly an issue, I can find vistas way more beautiful than anything Skyrim could produce. Crashes are not constant, and neither is the .bat file generation - patch the game properly and you won't have any issues; I've played the Good Old Games version recently and it ran perfectly, so it's not the game that's badly optimized for newer rigs, it's probably your new rig itself. Anyway, I had way more crashed playing Skyrim. Also, character customization does not realy suit Gothic, the main character was never designed as a self-insert, as he has way too much personal characterization for that. Customization could still work, I suppose, but it's hardly a point of critique in this case. As far as AI goes, I won't say it's great, but it's certainly not worse than what Skyrim has to offer. I'd say it's even better.
    I'm glad you mentioned moding. I'm still wondering why PB or whoever is in charge has not released a modkit for Gothic. Maybe the very core structure of the game is difficult to modify, maybe not. I don't know.
    Skyrim on the other hand is highly customizable and actually I've seen Gothic armors mod. Not to mention the countless other mods which pretty much make it an entirely different game. New dungeons, new items, new quests, new NPCs, new spells, etc, etc.
    Alright, that was a blatant statement that Gothic has no customizations at all. It is after all a pre-determined game which tells its own story with its own characters and all. It's like saying that I'd like to customize a book or a movie, which is already a finished product and released for consumption.

And that needs a separate thread and a personal congratulation for stating one's opinion? What, you're the sort of person who 'likes' everything on Facebook, as well? My point is, someone stating "This is a nice game. I liked it very much. It's legendary!" is hardly a worthwhile opinion, worthy of a "hats off". This is trivial, and I prefer staying silent to discussing trivia. Then again, look what a nice argument it involved us in.
    Oh come on, the section has hardly any activity as it is. Plus, there's nothing harmful in a little debate.

And how would having casuals around solve our problems? You'd rather have forums filled with threads like "Killed Lares, can't join blue camp. HELP!" or "How do I kill Sleeper, he puts me to sleep always?"? Gothic 2 is not popular because it wasn't designed to pander to casuals. If it was, the game would not have been as good as it was in the first place, and neither of us would most likely be here now. Liking Gothic 2, in itself, has become a criterion for thinking, smart players with good taste. I like that sort of community, even if it's a small one. So pardon me for not wanting filthy casuals to storm the gates of this private club I've grown fond of. Don't get me wrong, I want our community to grow. But I don't want it to grow by attracting all sorts of low-life rabble with no real appreciation of this holy grail of ours, as you put it. And articles calling Gothic the original Skyrim is a sure way of attracting that sort of misunderstood attention. Sure, we might get a few stragglers who'd actually know what they're talking about, but I have a feeling that sort of people are more than capable of finding about Gothic through their own circles. I know I did. Didn't take a review comparing it to a previous game I liked to make me see quality.
    I suppose that's how you see it. Can't say it's wrong. Those kind of people you mentioned will come over, ask a silly question and then make a small fuss how the game is horrible and leave. I'd hardly remember them. However the way I see it, maybe some of them would like to stay. Maybe some of them love a challenge.

No, there aren't. It's literally "the game has several returning characters, the main hero is voiced, the writing is sometimes funny, you can travel the world while transformed into a beast, you can multi-class your skill development, monsters don't respawn, the combat is hard, no quest markers - Gothic is a very good game, why do developers not make more games like this?". A list of features that Baldur's Gate 2 had two years prior and a question that could be answered by anyone with at least a basic grasp on the current video game industry is hardly what I'd call "solid points".
    Well the article is, after all, "A quick look at gothic 2". And for what it's worth, it did its job of giving the reader a quick glance at what the world of Khorinis is without spoiling the actual storyline and important plot moments.

Retrospective means "looking back with your current knowledge". It's more than a review of an older game, it's an in-depth analysis of the features and specifics of the game as compared to modern standards. A standard review of an older game can have that, but it's usually not very detailed. This review, as I stated previously, does a very superficial job at retrospective reviewing, in those few attempts that it tries.
    Fair enough.

And that's a tragedy I share. Closing down WoG-EN was an act I still don't fully comprehend and a serious blow to the PB community. I think we had a thread back in WoG-EN, specifically for various community member authored and general fan reviews, that link would've fit nicely there. Now, not only it's not a good review, it also has nothing to do with Risen, and is hardly worth a separate thread with a misleading title like that, especially since the original poster didn't really add any of this own insight, basically just inviting everyone to circle-jerk about Gothic 2 once again, something we've done plenty of times already.
    The off-topic section would have been more suited, with a thread title which isn't as misleading as this is.

Why not? You seemed to enjoy that one opinion, why's mine not worth your time? After all, I'm a member here at WoR-EN, and WoG-EN before that. Surely that must mean I have at least some appreciation for the Gothic series. Again, not saying that I would write a great review, I just don't think you're being nice by dismissing my opinion as shit right after teaching me not to dismiss opinions that seem to be shit.
    Alright then. I am generally interested about what people think of my all-time favorite game(s). When I've gone out with friends and we bring the topic of gaming, I always mention the Gothic series and try to convince them to play it. For me Gothic is something I grew up with. I first got my hands on the game when I was 12 and it has, in some ways, helped make me what I am today. For one thing, English is not my native language, yet because of the game I boosted it to a level above that which was taught in primary school back then. I also wanted to learn German solely because of Gothic, and later one because of WoG-DE. And this list goes on.

So sure, if you want to do a review of the game don't hesitate to share it.

Having to taste shit because you trusted someone saying it's not shit, even though it was already evident to be shit is hardly ever "good for you", man. But I get it, you're just being snappy about my remarks, not making an argument. Won't win you a medal in debate contests, sure, but usually works in bar fights. So, uh... good for you, man.
    Eh... sure.
    Dino ist offline Geändert von Dino (06.02.2015 um 13:36 Uhr)

11. #11 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von Dez
    Enlighten me then, please.
    It would be my pleasure, but by the looks of it, you have already made your mind about this.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm just astounded that you would take such an hostile attitude towards an article which was clearly writen by someone who enjoyed gothic 2 and who wanted to share his joyfull experience to others. And by the way rpgwatch is a site for people who love computer roleplaying games.

I just don't understand your attitude. You act like he offended you by writing this article. I felt completly opposite. That article put a big smile on my face because I recall vividly how it felt playing gothic 1 and gothic 2 first time.

For me it was intresting to see that the game still has "it".
    The point of this article was to demonstrate that Gothic 2 can still inspire someone who has never played them before. Gothic 2 is a game that has lasting value. I doubt many will remember risen 3 after 10 years and write similar articles about it.

As for the comparasion to morrowind and skyrim...In my opinion it makes sense as they the most popular open world games out there and they have similar features as gothics do. It just proves how ahead of their time gothics were and how they still are. I personally enjoyed playing both of them almost as much as I enjoyed playing gothic 2. But ofcourse gothic 1 & gothic 2 are superior games

You speak of gothic 2 like it was some kind of difficult puzzle which only selected few could comprehend and solve. I think gothic 2 would have been a lot more popular and it would have had more impact on the rpg genre if more people had known about it when it was released.

Thanks to fan made modifications like system pack, fan sites like world of gothic & rpgwatch and digital services like gog.com, Gothic series has remained relevant and gained new audience through out the years. Sadly just recently the publisher forced gog.com to take gothic 2 out of the catalogue.
    Dez ist offline Geändert von Dez (06.02.2015 um 21:22 Uhr)

12. #12 Zitieren
    Demigod Avatar von Dino
    Sadly just recently the publisher forced gog.com to take gothic 2 out of the catalogue.
    Ugh... what the hell... Why? Just why?
    Dino ist offline

13. #13 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von Dez
    Gothic 1 is still on gog, but thats because piranha bytes themselves own the distributing rights. As for the sequels, Nordic games is a publisher for gothic 2 and gothic 3 and they made the decision to remove many games from gog. I don't have the slightest idea why they did that. :/ Something to do with pricing maybe.

There are bunch of threads about it on gog and nordic games forums though.

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/las...pecial/post729

http://forum.nordicgames.at/showthre...d-off-from-GOG
    Dez ist offline Geändert von Dez (06.02.2015 um 22:22 Uhr)

14. #14 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von Dez
    Btw gothic 2 & 3 can still be bought elsewhere. Like from Steam or Gamergate. So its not like they're gone from the internet
    Dez ist offline

15. #15 Zitieren
    I just don't understand your attitude. You act like he offended you by writing this article. I felt completly opposite. The point of this article was to demonstrate that Gothic 2 can still inspire someone who has never played them before.
    I wasn't offended, I was dismissive of the opinion. I love seeing people enjoy Gothic 2, sure, but if their enjoyment culminates in a comparison to Skyrim and a very superficial review of the game, it really makes me wonder if the person in question really 'got' what makes Gothic 2 great. Call me elitist, if you want, I won't mind. I guess I just can't enjoy people enjoying a game in a way I deem to not be the correct way of enjoying it. The same applies to everything, really, not just video games: like, when people claim to love Game of Thrones, but can't remember the names of the Stark children, I immediately dismiss pretty much anything they have to say on the topic, since it's obvious they're operating on a lower level of interest/understanding than I would like them to. That may sound harsh, but dealing with shitty opinions day after day (I'm studying political science in a university, so that's a given) made me pretty damn intolerant of people talking about things they only have a superficial interest in or a partial understanding of. So yeah, I suppose you're not too wrong about calling me bitter. I don't think it's that bad of a trait, though.
    [edited]
    But hey, don't let me ramble. And thanks for explaining your point of view.
    The Ore Baron ist offline Geändert von The Ore Baron (07.02.2015 um 04:39 Uhr)

16. #16 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Forward
    I just might want to add that:
    anyone of you are right and wrong, after all its just an opinion, and there never will be a correct answer.
    but if you ask me, I liked reading this.
    Forward ist offline

17. #17 Zitieren

Metasyntaktische Variable
    Ugh... what the hell... Why? Just why?
    Because GOG.com originally had this "one game, one price" philosophy. They refused regional pricing, i.e. pricing with a 1 USD = 1 EUR exchange rate. All games were subject to that. No exception. Under this premise, Nordic Games agreed to let GOG.com sell the game.

Some time after that, GOG.com was forced to abandon the "one price for everyone" promise for new games. Because it was the only way that most of the publishers would let them sell more modern games. It was either that or stick to old titles that were already written off by the publishers. But they said that this would only affect new games. The ones already in the store for which GOG.com had promised the "one price" policy in the past, would remain at their unified price.

Then Nordic came and said: "Hey, you're making regional pricing! We want that for our Gothic titles as well!"
    And GOG.com said: "No can do, we promised our customers we wouldn't do that on titles already in the shop."
    And Nordic said: "Then we terminate the contract and you can no longer sell it at all!"

Marcin Iwinski, I think, asked the community to let him know if they preferred such titles to return to GOG.com with the trade-off that there would be regional pricing. Or whether GOG.com should keep their promise to the customers and ignore games from publishers who have a problem with that.
    foobar ist offline

18. #18 Zitieren
    Demigod Avatar von Dino
    @foobar: Oh. Thanks for shedding light on that one. I guess that I should count myself lucky I managed to get a copy of gothic 2 gold for 2.50 eu or whatever back in the day.
    Dino ist offline

19. #19 Zitieren
    Abenteurer
    This article is so damn right, this game it was so beutiful designed, eventhough i think gothic 1 was actually the better game.

But wtf has PB done? It is so sad to look at the new games and then get reminded of the old ones.
    ets ist offline

20. #20 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von Morgannin09
    Zitat Zitat von foobar Beitrag anzeigen
    Marcin Iwinski, I think, asked the community to let him know if they preferred such titles to return to GOG.com with the trade-off that there would be regional pricing. Or whether GOG.com should keep their promise to the customers and ignore games from publishers who have a problem with that.
    Well thank goodness I just picked those games up a couple months ago. The ones on Steam are much more poorly optimized for modern systems. At least the original is still on GOG, since Steam still lists it at $20 for some reason.
    EDIT: Actually, now that I look, I realize you can't buy Gothic on Steam. It's only available as a bundle with 2 and 3, which is why it's $20.
    YouTube channel for Let's Plays and shenanigans: https://www.youtube.com/c/Morgannin
    Morgannin09 ist offline Geändert von Morgannin09 (08.02.2015 um 19:33 Uhr)

Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »