Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 2 von 2 « Erste 12
Ergebnis 21 bis 31 von 31
  1. #21 Zitieren
    Schwertmeister Avatar von warstrike
    Geez ,we only get like 1 thread per month and then someone comes bashing and crying in here.
    Bravo !!
    warstrike ist offline

2. #22 Zitieren
    Apprentice
    Zitat Zitat von Dino Beitrag anzeigen
    Under what criteria is Skyrim, a game so beloved by the entire world, shit exactly?
    It's shit cos he says it's shit, and I for one agree with him wholeheartedly.

The fact that Skyrim was a game 'so beloved by the whole world' means nothing. A quick glance at mainstream music or film, should tell any discerning person that universal popularity is no good yardstick for quality.
    MatDerKater ist offline

3. #23 Zitieren

Metasyntaktische Variable
    Let me put on my helmet. [Bild: helm.gif]

There. Now I should be safe to say that I...

...actually liked Skyrim! Yes, it isn't perfect and I could, off the top of my head, name at least 10 things I didn't like about it. But overall, I does more things right than it does wrong and is, compared to Oblivion, definitely a step in the right direction. In a sense, Skyrim is to TES what Risen 1 was to PB games: Trying to get back on track. Maybe not completely (just as with R1) but at least a decent attempt with good ideas. In many aspects, it takes a different approach at things than Gothic but that is ok with me. That can also be fun. Diversity and all that.

And - unlike the Risen series for instance - it has a powerful modkit and "the right kind" of DLCs.

The general problem with the original article and this thread seems to be (at least to me) that saying "Skyrim is like Gothic" is a very general statement. Too general for my taste. That rarely works with any two games anyway. Is Skyrim like Gothic? Is Risen?

What you should do instead is look at the various aspects of the games and see if they are similar or not. But how many similarities do you need to make the statement that game A is like B? How many differences?

Because there are similarities between Skyrim and Gothic. And there are differences. And depending on which ones you put your focus, you come up with different conclusions.

Examples:
    • Skyrim and Gothic both have an open world, so they're similar there.
    • But Skyrim (like all TES titles) goes for size at the cost of individual detail (e.g. generic dungeons) whereas Gothic goes for individual and hand-crafted levels at the cost of reduced size. So that's a difference.
    • Skyrim focusses more on sandbox gameplay whereas Gothic puts more emphasis on the story. Another difference.
    • But in both games you play alone. You may get a companion at certain times but you do not control a full party of adventurers and it's no co-op or MMO game. That's a similarity.
    • Gothic has a class-based skillsystem with trainers, Skyrim uses a class-less learning-by-doing system. Difference.
    • Both Skyrim and Gothic try to present a world in which you can interact with many objects. Similarity.
    • Both games also try to give the illusion of a living world by utilizing relatively complex daily routines for NPCs. Another similarity.

The list goes on.

The fact that the article's author thinks that Gothic is like Skyrim does not have to mean that he's too stupid to "understand" Gothic. It could also mean that the aspects he liked about about Skyrim are the ones in which Gothic is similar (or even better). Had his history been a different one and he had played Gothic first and Skyrim second, his article might have read: "Skyrim - a piss-poor copy of Gothic". I wonder if anyone who was so quick to condemn him now would have said anything then.

I, for one, don't really have a problem with the article. I might not agree with every single sentiment in it but I can see where the guy is coming from and how he reached his current state of mind.
    foobar ist offline Geändert von foobar (15.02.2015 um 01:17 Uhr) Grund: clarification

4. #24 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Normarian
    I wonder if anyone will draw water from the fountain of knowledge that is the Gothic series, and if so, why haven't we seen it yet? Why are there no Kickstarter projects trying to make a modern take on the Gothic formula? Where is Gothic 5?
    Wow very nice article, but the answer in my opinion is that the world is becoming ever dumber and ever greedier. I'm still waiting to win the lottery to fund G5 myself... and the real HOMM 4 for that matter.
    Normarian ist offline

5. #25 Zitieren
    Ranger
    Zitat Zitat von Normarian Beitrag anzeigen
    I'm still waiting to win the lottery to fund G5 myself...
    You are my man dude ...
    I have a better idea... let's make a petition to Roman Abramovich
    gerula ist offline

6. #26 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von Bruell
    Zitat Zitat von The Ore Baron Beitrag anzeigen
    It also happens to be shit. Comparing it to Gothic 2 is downright silly ... "A Quick Look At Gothic 2 - The Game Skyrim Failed to Be"..
    You damn right! I had higher expectations on the game-play in Skyrim, It just felt to mechanical despite the beautiful graphic. Gothic 2 felt like you were part of the family. The Skyrim story felt to much like a military drill.

Anyway, wish PB could make another epic, immersive story like Gothic 2.
    Bruell ist offline

7. #27 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von The Ore Baron
    Zitat Zitat von Bruell Beitrag anzeigen
    Anyway, wish PB could make another epic, immersive story like Gothic 2.
    We all do, mate We all do.
    The Ore Baron ist offline

8. #28 Zitieren
    Ranger
    Zitat Zitat von The Ore Baron Beitrag anzeigen
    We all do, mate We all do.
    I doubt it !!! Imho at the moment, the real kings of rpg are CD Project ... W3 looks extremely promising ... Geralt is a badass character someone that you don't want to mess up with...For me W3 is what I expected from G3 ...
    gerula ist offline

9. #29 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Grimmwulf
    Tsk tsk, you nearly made me visit RPG Watch, shame on you. I'm not in the market for an estrogen-injection, nor for a mangina.
    Das war's mit dir, du Mistvieh!
    Verdammte Enten!
    Grimmwulf ist offline

10. #30 Zitieren
    Apprentice
    Zitat Zitat von Bruell Beitrag anzeigen
    You damn right! I had higher expectations on the game-play in Skyrim, It just felt to mechanical despite the beautiful graphic. Gothic 2 felt like you were part of the family. The Skyrim story felt to much like a military drill.
    Skyrim was a damn bore of a game. Most over rated pos game ever. I find it impossible to believe that this game could achieve such critical acclaim to such an extent, that I think mass self hypnosis got a grip of the global gaming community and wouldn't let go...

....I played about 20 hours of Skyrim, convincing mself that it was good.

"It must be good. If I am not enjoying it or it is boring me to death, it is because there is something wrong with me. Afterall, the whole world tells me this is as good as it possibly gets".

In the end, I faced the fact that the game was a pile of souless empty garbage. All the characters were lame. Most of the missions were mindnumbingly dull. The stories were dirge. Combat mechanics utterly dire.....make Risen 3 combat feel like a modern day Street Fighter II......and yeah, the scenery was stunning, not that it really mattered as the vast majority of the action took place in generic procedurally generated dungeons. The landscape served mostly as a space-time barrier between the dungeons and sealed off towns.

I also had a mate who would rave and rave about Skyrim. Then one day, after about 50 hours of playtime, he admitted that he was bored out his head all along, just like I was.

I would wager that at least half of those who were raving about Skyrim and have it down as their favourite game of all time, were actually bored out their skulls all along and under the influence of mass self-hypnosis.
    MatDerKater ist offline Geändert von MatDerKater (24.03.2015 um 01:35 Uhr)

11. #31 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von Morgannin09
    Skyrim was good for the sheer breadth of its content. There was just so much to do. Problem is, if you couldn't look past its problems and the lackluster story, characters, and the general disconnected feeling of everything that happened in the world, it felt more like a chore to do everything. I certainly don't regret buying it, but it was not Game of the Year material in my opinion.
    YouTube channel for Let's Plays and shenanigans: https://www.youtube.com/c/Morgannin
    Morgannin09 ist offline

Seite 2 von 2 « Erste 12