Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Ergebnis 1 bis 3 von 3
  1. #1 Zitieren
    automatic news bot
    Piranha Bytes returns home empty-handed from this year's German Game Developer Awards. Their title "Risen 3: Titan Lords" was nominated in the categories:
    • Best technical performance
    • Best story
    • Best roleplaying game
    • Best graphics
    • Best sound
    • Best game design

but was ultimately outdone by the competition.

The award for the best roleplaying game went to "Demonicon", whereas the plattformer "The Last Tinker: City of Colors" can from now on brag with the title of best story.

"Lords of the Fallen" from the Deck13 in Frankfurt who also created "Venetica" back in 2009 received three awards: Best game, best action game and best game design.

The financially troubled developer Crytek (also from Frankfurt) impressed the jury with their technical skills. The awards for best graphics, best sound and best technical performance went to "Ryse: Son of Rome".

Homepage
    World of Risen ist offline

2. #2 Zitieren
    Warrior
    Demonicon, really? For me an RPG without the ability to save manually is a joke. Keeping an eye on Lords of the Fallen, though.
    rotator ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren

Metasyntaktische Variable
    Zitat Zitat von rotator Beitrag anzeigen
    Demonicon, really? For me an RPG without the ability to save manually is a joke.
    Yeah, it confused me as well. Especially since the game is actually from 2013. But the game had a troubled history, was about to be canned several times, went through multiple hands and in the end, barely made it to the shelves. I assume the award is more for sticktoitiveness than anything else.

In the end, like many such awards, it's just an industry celebrating itself.
    foobar ist offline