Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Ergebnis 1 bis 12 von 12
  1. #1 Zitieren

Metasyntaktische Variable

[Bild: 944.png]

Thread comments, suggestions and questions by other users

This is the thread for comments to our Modding Challenge. The exact conditions and the scope of the contest can be seen under the aforementioned link.

If you want to post a submission, please use the contest thread. Submission in the comments thread will likely be ignored.
    foobar ist offline

2. #2 Zitieren

The deadline has been moved to November 30th.
    foobar ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren

A question has come up in the German forum regarding the 500 words rule. I think I should explain this.

Usually, you are supposed to write 500 words max in your post and put the rest in linked PDFs. If you manage to stir our interest, we'll happily look at everything else you got. But we don't want to have to read through tons of boring texts.

Some people have written much more than the 500. I don't want to disqualify an otherwise good idea just because of that (also, we're not exactly drowning in submissions). So let's put it like this: If you write more than 500 words, you do so on your own risk. If no one in the jury has the time/inclination to read that and your idea don't really come across because of that, it's your problem. If someone is such a good writer that we don't realise that we've already devoured more than 500 words, he/she just got lucky.

Also, the rule is meant to force you to outline your concept as precise and comprehensive as possible within a given limit. It's basically your first challenge in terms of resource management. If you cannot do that, you're not automatically out. But it tells us something about your abilities as a modder and writer.

BTW: Everyone who has already submitted a post is free to edit it until the deadline.
    foobar ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von catalinux
    I just did
    Code:
    wc -w
    on my submission and... well... the result was 1132.

I'm leaving it the way it is. I always hated rules...
    catalinux ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von The Ore Baron
    I wish I could mod.
    The Ore Baron ist offline

6. #6 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von Ariogaisus
    Zitat Zitat von The Ore Baron Beitrag anzeigen
    I wish I could mod.
    As do I.
    Ariogaisus ist offline

7. #7 Zitieren

Just a small update: The contest is over but we have not forgotten about it. But it can take some time for the results because we need to coordinate with different teams and a few problems have come up (e.g. elind's PC broke).

It's only a matter of months now!
    foobar ist offline

8. #8 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von The Ore Baron
    Zitat Zitat von foobar Beitrag anzeigen
    It's only a matter of months now!
    Several have passed Any update on the situation? Is the winner from the English section?
    The Ore Baron ist offline

9. #9 Zitieren

I have been trying to reach Maladiq. He got everything going and he had the contact to KaiRo. But he hasn't been online for a while and doesn't respond to PM or E-Mails. I really don't know what's going on with him.

I was reluctant to cut him out just like that because it was basically due to his work that we could hold the contest in the first place. But I think we have all waited long enough, so I'm going to get into contact with KaiRo myself and see that we can get this thing over.
    foobar ist offline

10. #10 Zitieren

Ok, anyone remember this contest? While it seemed that nothing was happening for a long time, I was still trying to get into contact with Kai. But nothing worked. Now, as you might have noticed, Maladiq has resurfaced and put me in contact with Kai.

So I hope we can get this over very soon. Kai is currently understandably busy because his wife just gave birth again, but he promised me he would get to it. Just to keep you updated. There’s hope yet that one day, your heirs will get the prizes!

EDIT: I, by the way, learned my lesson from this. I probably won’t hold another contest unless I already have all the prizes in my own hands.
    foobar ist offline Geändert von foobar (14.04.2015 um 16:59 Uhr)

11. #11 Zitieren

And the Oscar license goes to...

Our Modding-Challenge has been over for quite some time. But only now, Kai found the time to evaluate the submissions with the diligence and consideration they deserve.

Together with the World of Risen, he selected the three winners who will each receive a license for the articy:draft Software.

The winners are:
    1. HerrFenrisWolf
    2. Milgo
    3. Klabautermann

We congratulate the winners. And to everyone who did not make it we say: Rest assured that this was a close run. We liked all your ideas. Alas, we had to choose three.

The winners will be notified via PM in the forum.

Kai's made a nice tabular analysis of each mod. You can download it here: Anhang 42675
    foobar ist offline Geändert von foobar (28.04.2015 um 19:46 Uhr)

12. #12 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Congratulations to the lucky winners! And kudos to Kai for giving such a detailed feed-back!
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline