Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 1 von 4 1234 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 75
  1. #1 Zitieren
    General Avatar von ICFabian
    He's not been working on Gothic, but on some other secret project, for a couple of years now. New info coming soon.

http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...1#post23270809
    ICFabian ist offline

2. #2 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von The Ore Baron
    1 post? Is this a new account, or did he never post on WoR before?
    The Ore Baron ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Forward
    Maybe its fake... who knows
    I hope this is true, our dream game is coming?
    Forward ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren
    Veteran Avatar von Rothinsky
    Zitat Zitat von The Ore Baron Beitrag anzeigen
    1 post? Is this a new account, or did he never post on WoR before?
    You can research it for yourself by clicking on the profile. It was created yesterday (21.08.2014).
    Rothinsky ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Judging by the custom title, it's legit. The WoP admins would have thoroughly deleted it if it happened by accident/hacking.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

6. #6 Zitieren
    Warrior
    Excellent news! According to Don Esteban, he is indeed the real Mike Hoge. And looks like some other departed Piranhas are also back.
    rotator ist offline

7. #7 Zitieren
    Schwertmeister Avatar von warstrike
    Good news ! Something new and fresh sounds good.
    warstrike ist offline

8. #8 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von Rothinsky Beitrag anzeigen
    You can research it for yourself by clicking on the profile. It was created yesterday (21.08.2014).
    I did not mean 'new' as 'recently created', I meant 'new' as in 'he had an account, but now he made another one for some reason'.
    I can see it was created yesterday

9. #9 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von Morgannin09
    Zitat Zitat von rotator Beitrag anzeigen
    Excellent news! According to Don Esteban, he is indeed the real Mike Hoge. And looks like some other departed Piranhas are also back.
    Can you link where this is stated? I don't have time to Google Translate the whole thread Also, are any mentioned by name?
    YouTube channel for Let's Plays and shenanigans: https://www.youtube.com/c/Morgannin
    Morgannin09 ist offline

10. #10 Zitieren
    Auserwählter Avatar von eddievedder
    Quick translation of Mikes post:

Mattias Filler drew my attention to this thread. There seem to be some more of this kind, so here's a quick statement for all the curious ones:

1. I wasn't involved in the development of Risen 3

2. As a matter of fact, i did lock myself in for two years to work on a new concept, but not on Gothic. A prototype of this concept is getting implemented by a small core team since the beginning of this month.

3. Before you ask: I cannot give out any infos yet. First of all, we want to take our time with everything and second, this is not the right place for that

Please understand that i don't want to disclose anything yet about the new project. Those who are interested won't have to wait too long for some infos

Zitat Zitat von Morgannin09 Beitrag anzeigen
    Can you link where this is stated? I don't have time to Google Translate the whole thread Also, are any mentioned by name?
    Only speculations about that matter. Some are suggesting that M. Filler might be a part of the so-called core team as he still seems to be in contact with Mike. Others threw in Kai Rosenkranz's name...
    "ich hab grad nen thread gelöscht, in dem mangelnde meinungsfreiheit hier im forum angeprangert wird und behauptet wird, wir würden negative kritik unterdrücken."
    ~ how to meditate
    eddievedder ist offline Geändert von eddievedder (22.08.2014 um 18:59 Uhr) Grund: added the link

11. #11 Zitieren
    Mike was not involved in Risen 3, but Risen 3 turned out better than Risen 2.

COINCIDENCE?

12. #12 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von The Ore Baron Beitrag anzeigen
    Mike was not involved in Risen 3, but Risen 3 turned out better than Risen 2.

COINCIDENCE?
    But by how much? Risen 2 was a flaw. Mike and Bjorn both worked on it, but were restricted by the need to produce a game that fit within the pirate setting that was still a sequel to Risen. I just think that Risen 2 was a bad idea with too many restrictions and pressures for it to turn out well with even the best of minds behind it. In terms of story and setting alone, Risen 3 wasn't a huge step up, it was just better in terms of general gameplay improvements, and having Risen 2 as a bitter lesson meant that they couldn't possibly produce such a failure again, without being complete idiots.
    YouTube channel for Let's Plays and shenanigans: https://www.youtube.com/c/Morgannin
    Morgannin09 ist offline

13. #13 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von Morgannin09 Beitrag anzeigen
    But by how much? Risen 2 was a flaw. Mike and Bjorn both worked on it, but were restricted by the need to produce a game that fit within the pirate setting that was still a sequel to Risen. I just think that Risen 2 was a bad idea with too many restrictions and pressures for it to turn out well with even the best of minds behind it. In terms of story and setting alone, Risen 3 wasn't a huge step up, it was just better in terms of general gameplay improvements, and having Risen 2 as a bitter lesson meant that they couldn't possibly produce such a failure again, without being complete idiots.
    True I was just joking, though.

14. #14 Zitieren
    I know, I just can't help trying to keep people's spirits up
    Morgannin09 ist offline

15. #15 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von catalinux
    I don't understand from this statement, is Michael Hoge working with/for Piranhia Bytes?
    catalinux ist offline

16. #16 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Zitat Zitat von catalinux Beitrag anzeigen
    I don't understand from this statement, is Michael Hoge working with/for Piranhia Bytes?
    No, he is not.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

17. #17 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    No, he is not.
    He's not? So what is he doing on WoR? Did he just drop in to remind us that he's still relevant?
    I'm interested in his project as much as anyone here, but if he's no longer with PB (again, news to me), he's no business on a Risen-themed website. No?
    Are you sure he's not working with PB? He might have just been put on a side-team that worked on a new PB project as Risen 3 was being developed. That happens in companies. I think.

18. #18 Zitieren
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Powaz
    What if its some of the old Piranha's doing a non fantasy RPG?
    Powaz ist offline

19. #19 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    No, he is not.
    Is this a fact that you can prove? Not calling you out or anything, I just really wanna know for a fact, or at least speculation with as much evidence as possible.
    Morgannin09 ist offline

20. #20 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von catalinux
    On the German forum nobody knows if Mike Hoge is still working with PB.

If he is, than we have the conformation that PB will create a new game, so no Gothic 5 or Risen 4.
    catalinux ist offline

Seite 1 von 4 1234 Letzte »