Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Ergebnis 1 bis 7 von 7
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    I am curious about what's the real minimum system requirement for Risen 3, since I play it with apparently is below them:

I play on a laptop with a Intel Celeron B840 @ 1.9 Ghz, 4GB RAM and Intel HD Graphics Mobile 3000.

Both my processor and my graphic card are below minimum (2.4 Ghz, nVidia 9600 GT).

I can play the game @ around 12-15 fps (decent for me) @ 1366x768, but I prefer 1024x768 since I can only go above 15 fps when there are few polygons in front of me.

The game drops the framerete extremely when I am confronted with particle effects, such as fires, portals (almost unplayable when I reached the first shadow lord, on the Crab Coast).

I disable all vegetation and set textures to high.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

2. #2 Zitieren

Piranha-Bytes
    Technically speaking your system just has to provide DX9 in its newest incarnation and Shader Model 3.
    The HD3000 "GPU" does that, so the game will start - and then stumble along.
    So probably even a HD2000 system would start - and be even slower.

As for the CPU you probably could use stuff like a 10 year old single core Celeron - and have fun viewing the ensing slideshow.

Memory? If you're really into pain inflicted on you go with 64MB RAM but don't forget to add some 2GB of paging space on some 12 year old HDD. In this setup you can probably play the game by ear alone, listening to the varying noises the HDD will make while paging takes place.
    Michael Rüve ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren

Metasyntaktische Variable
    So no Risen 3 on a Raspberry Pi?
    foobar ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren

Piranha-Bytes
    Zitat Zitat von foobar Beitrag anzeigen
    So no Risen 3 on a Raspberry Pi?
    Go, get an emulator for both CPU und DX9 running and you're all set.
    Michael Rüve ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren

Metasyntaktische Variable
    Zitat Zitat von Michael Rüve Beitrag anzeigen
    Go, get an emulator for both CPU und DX9 running and you're all set.
    Yehaa! 25 bucks gaming machine – here I come!
    foobar ist offline

6. #6 Zitieren

Piranha-Bytes
    Zitat Zitat von foobar Beitrag anzeigen
    Yehaa! 25 bucks gaming machine – here I come!
    Nah, unfortunately not - at least not here in Germany.
    I've got quite a few of these running at home (for home automation...) and least I had to shell out is around 27 for a model A board, plus around 6 for the PSU, plus 5 for a case and 8 for the SDcard. Plus 7 for a USB-WiFi for my use. All EUR.

You can do away with the case and simply mount the board on a solid wooden plank (which I in fact did in one case) but the rest is necessary to take off.
    Michael Rüve ist offline

7. #7 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von catalinux
    I am playing Risen 3 in Debian, with Wine. At minimal settings and at 800x600 display because my laptop has an Intel Integrated Graphics Controller, and 4 GB RAM. I must say most of the time the game runs well, if I don't abuse fast travelling between islands. That, the campfires, and the mist. But even at minimum details, the world looks beautiful.

@foobar - I heard some guys have compiled Wine for Raspberry Pi, so you might be lucky.
    catalinux ist offline