Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Ergebnis 1 bis 5 von 5
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von catalinux
    In my opinion, The Forest is what a new "back to the roots" PB game could have been... except that The Forest has no quests system.

In The Forest, you have to survive - mostly because you are constantly attacked by some nasty cannibals.
    You can build structures - huts, wood cabins, walls. You can craft items. You can cut trees. You can hunt and build traps. You can plant you own garden.

The Forest in under development, so we could expect more features. Even at this moment, the game is enjoyable.

Has any of you played The Forest? If so, what is your opinion about this game?
    catalinux ist offline

2. #2 Zitieren
    Mythos Avatar von Onisuzume
    And how, exactly, is that PB-esque?

Are PB-games survival?
    No. Not really, unless you're trying to push it.

Crafting?
    Pretty much limited to a limited selection of foods, boozes and weapon, with some potions and runes/crystals.

Open World.
    Well, okay, but there's a metric tonne of other games with an open world.
    And one of the PB-esque stuff about PB Open Worlds is how alive it feels, with NPCs having their own daily routines and such way before Bethsmeg came up with that "Radiant AI" rubbish.
    So tell me, do those cannibals have their own daily routines to follow as long as the player remains undetected?
    Onisuzume ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von catalinux
    No, those cannibals have not daily routines. Basically they spawn close to you, and that's all. You can also find them in the caves, but my guess is they also spawn. At least in this stage of the game development.

But The Forest has an open world. It is not the case of PB games starting with Risen (terrain features or loadind areas limit your freedom to roam). And I always tought survival would be a great adition to any PB game.
    catalinux ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren
    Schwertmeister Avatar von warstrike
    Zitat Zitat von catalinux Beitrag anzeigen
    In my opinion, The Forest is what a new "back to the roots" PB game could have been... except that The Forest has no quests system.
    I don't know if you really played PB's games .
    warstrike ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren

Metasyntaktische Variable
    Zitat Zitat von warstrike Beitrag anzeigen
    I don't know if you really played PB's games .
    Ask 10 people what makes Gothic so unique and you get 10 different answers. It seems like catalinux liked certain elements of Gothic which he now sees in "The Forest". Other people liked other elements and will scratch their head when they read his post.

Another example would be people claiming that Risen 2 is still a typical PB game. The hero still says "ass" and "shit" a lot, there's no princess to be saved, and you run around in a semi-handcrafted world. And that's enough for them.

Sadly, my own standards are a bit higher than that.
    foobar ist offline