Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Ergebnis 1 bis 5 von 5
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Rookie
    I have encountered the game locking up or freezing during certain conversations.

• With Pedro when you try to remind him where he left off on his counting (didn't matter if you gave him the correct or wrong answer).
    • With Thomkins when you tell him the Jaguar is dead.
    • Any pickpocketing attempt (locks up during the dialog that shows you what you got).

I have seen some posts about it elsewhere, mostly notably in the Steam forums (I am playing the game through Steam). No one had any answers beyond avoiding that game mechanic and saving often so you can skit the dialogue option that triggers the freeze. I have tried to uninstall the game and re-install it. I did the verify integrity of game cache with no luck. I see you there was a link to an unofficial patch here, but I didn't see this issue in the bug fixes.

Anyone else run into this and maybe found a way to fix it?
    lonewolf76 ist offline

2. #2 Zitieren

Metasyntaktische Variable
    Nope. Worked fine when I played it, back in the day. You might want to post the diagnostic files mentioned in the thread "READ THIS BEFORE POSTING". We can check whether it could be problem with your local PC.
    foobar ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Rookie
    Thanks for taking a look. below are the links to the two files I just uploaded.

http://upload.worldofplayers.de/files9/3GqqFmDxDiag.txt

http://upload.worldofplayers.de/file...KnJTmsinfo.txt
    lonewolf76 ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren

Metasyntaktische Variable
    Sorry, I don't see anything that could cause this.

The next thing would be to check your RAM and, after that, your filesystem.

To check your filesystem (after you checked your RAM, see above):
    • Go to Start and enter "cmd" into the search field. Hit ENTER.
    • A command windows opens (usually, it's black with light grey font).
    • In that windows, enter: chkdsk c: /f
    • You'll probably have to reboot to do that. During boot, Windows will check the filesystem.
    • The result can be found in the event log, open the event viewer, go to "Windows Logs", then "Application" and look for the line with the Source "Chkdsk". Post it here if you have trouble interpreting it.

Repeat for all other hard disk drives (D: through F:). Other drives probably won't require a reboot if there's nothing with exclusive locks on them. Then the chkdsk results will be written right in the black window where you called it from.

To be honest, this is what I believe the Americans call a Hail Mary pass. But I don't have any better idea and it can't hurt or break anything. It'll just cost you some time.

If that does not reveal anything, there's one more approach we could try. But you probably won't like it, so let's try this first.
    foobar ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren
    Rookie
    I should have done this first, but I did the "verify the integrity of game cache" and it found one file missing. Everything has worked fine since. Sorry for waiting your time on this.
    lonewolf76 ist offline