Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Ergebnis 1 bis 7 von 7
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Hey, I have a problem with my new internet connection. I recently installed a PPoE connection, set up the router for it, and everything works fine. But whenever I wake my laptop from sleep mode, it can't find the router, although it identifies all other routers in the block apparently. I have to restart the router in order for the connection to work.

I am using Windows 7 on a HP ProBook 4530s.

My mother is using an Acer One Netbook, with Win7, but she doesn't have this problem.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

2. #2 Zitieren

Metasyntaktische Variable
    Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    I recently installed a PPoE connection
    I assume you forgot one P?

set up the router for it, and everything works fine. But whenever I wake my laptop from sleep mode, it can't find the router, although it identifies all other routers in the block apparently. I have to restart the router in order for the connection to work.
    Do you mean that you cannot establish a WLAN connection (layer 2 problem) or that you can and there is no IP traffic (layer 3 problem)?

If the former, try to disable and re-enable the WiFi adapter in the Windows device manager after a sleep cycle and see what happens. What authentification method are you using in your WLAN?
    foobar ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Thanks, tried those, didn't work. Finally I found the solution.

Problem solved. It seems that I needed to disable the router's firewall and to disable the WPS. Fuck that WPS. Also, to anyone concerned. NEVER BUY AN ASUS ROUTER. Try Edimax, even if it's range is not the best.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren

Piranha-Bytes
    Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    disable the WPS.
    TBH I've always done that. WPS supposedly makes things easier but I never knew or cared why. The hard way always worked for me and never created problems (or security holes to boot).

Had my shares of problems with Edimax on DSL, never tried ASUS. Linksys always worked fine, but no idea if they are still around. Germany is AVM/Fritz (hrhr...) country anyway.
    Michael Rüve ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Zitat Zitat von Michael Rüve Beitrag anzeigen
    TBH I've always done that. WPS supposedly makes things easier but I never knew or cared why. The hard way always worked for me and never created problems (or security holes to boot).

Had my shares of problems with Edimax on DSL, never tried ASUS. Linksys always worked fine, but no idea if they are still around. Germany is AVM/Fritz (hrhr...) country anyway.
    Never tried Edimax on DSL. Asus worked perfectly on DSL, Edimax perfectly on PPPoE. After switching to PPPoE, Asus became a huge pain in the rear. Linksys is pretty popular in Romania, and so is D-Link. Things to consider from now on.

Also, I'll be damned if I'll ever buy an Asus product again, this router was pretty buggy, had connectivity problems (network cable), and is impossible to upgrade the firmware.
    Maladiq ist offline

6. #6 Zitieren
    Schwertmeister Avatar von warstrike
    LOL ... PB reads this part of the forum?
    warstrike ist offline

7. #7 Zitieren
    Mythos Avatar von Onisuzume
    Why wouldn't they?
    Onisuzume ist offline