Seite 20 von 22 « Erste ... 91316171819202122 Letzte »
Ergebnis 381 bis 400 von 430

Metal Thread #19 - Alle Limp Bizkit Fans hier rein

1. #381 Zitieren
    apex predator Avatar von clegg
    Zitat Zitat von Mani Beitrag anzeigen
    Bin ja schon des ganze Jahr über auf einem Blind Guardian Trip. Die Jungs haben es mir einfach angetan. Sonst noch BG Fans hier?
    Ich habe alle Alben von ihnen, mag sie sehr gerne. Wobei sie das Niveau der "Tales from the twilight world" aus meiner Sicht nie mehr erreicht haben.
    Für mich ihr bester Song:

[Video]
    clegg ist offline

2. #382 Zitieren
    Forentroll Avatar von Harbinger
    "Nightfall In Middle-Earth" halte ich immer noch für ein großartiges Album, davon abgesehen gibt mir die Band aber nicht mehr besonders viel.
    Harbinger ist offline

3. #383 Zitieren
    Into The Crypt  Avatar von Mani
    Zitat Zitat von captain clegg Beitrag anzeigen
    Ich habe alle Alben von ihnen, mag sie sehr gerne. Wobei sie das Niveau der "Tales from the twilight world" aus meiner Sicht nie mehr erreicht haben.
    Für mich ihr bester Song:

[Video]
    Auch ein geniales Album, kommt dennoch an Somewhere Far Beyond nicht ganz ran.
    Mani ist offline

4. #384 Zitieren
    Auch ein geniales Album, kommt dennoch an Somewhere Far Beyond nicht ganz ran.
    Bei der "Tales..." hängen für mich zusätzlich zur musikalischen Klasse auch noch ein paar besondere Erinnerungen dran, das trägt zur Ausnahmestellung sicher auch noch bei.
    Aber die "Somewhere..." ist nur minimal schlechter.
    clegg ist offline

5. #385 Zitieren
    [Video]

Noch ein spätes Jahreshighlight für mich. Bin auf die Band auch nur durch ein Top 20 Alben Video auf die Aufmerksam geworden. Fans von Solitude Aeturnus wird dieses Album mit Sicherheit überzeugen.
    Mani ist offline

6. #386 Zitieren
    [Bild: jon-schaffer.jpg]

Haben sicher schon viele von euch mitbekommen, dass Jon Schaffer von Iced Earth beim Capitol Sturm mitgemacht hat.
    Mani ist offline

7. #387 Zitieren
    Dem Thread gehört unbedingt wieder ein wenig Leben eingehaucht.

Was hört ihr den so zurzeit? Schneller Heavy Metal ist bei mir jetzt ganz angesagt.

[Video]
    Mani ist offline

8. #388 Zitieren
    Musikmäßig ist das Jahr recht langsam für mich angelaufen. Am letzten Bandcamp-Friday hab ich eher ein paar "Löcher gestopft", als mir neuen Krempel zu gönnen, also ein paar CDs gekauft, die schon seit Jahr und Tag auf meiner Wunschliste waren (und außerdem einen Mesarthim-Pulli, weil FUCKING MESARTHIM!). Ansonsten bin ich nach wie vor dabei, neue Facetten an Krempel zu entdecken, den ich im Laufe des letzten Jahres meiner Sammlung hinzugefügt habe. Apropos, ich hab ja gar nicht über meine Lieblingsalben des Jahres 2020 gesprochen Also hier mal was ich auf meinem Blog zu dem Thema geschrieben habe (auf Englisch):

15. Stjärnfält - Ascension. Looks like this Swede is trying to get a piece of the Mesarthim-cake. And he does so quite well. Stjärnfälts first album might be a bit on the short side (only 32 minutes) but it serves a very welcome dash of Trance-infused Atmospheric Black Metal in the vein of the great Aussies.
    14. Urgewalt - Traumweber II. I haven't listened to the first album by the two Bavarian guys who are responsible for "Traumweber II" but maybe I should do so, because Urgewalt's second album is a pretty mighty affair. Three overlong Ambient Black Metal songs that are surprisingly catchy, given their genre. What's not to like?
    13. 0 - Entity. This came kind of out of nowhere. At some point over the course of 2020, I bought the first and (up to this point) only album by Icelandic Black/Doom Metallers 0 (called "Null & Void") which was released in 2014. A month later, I got a mail that said something like "Hey, these guys released another thing for the first time in six years". So I checked that (the album "Entity") out and liked it a lot. Quite doom, majestic stuff. Let's hope that it won't take them another six years to release a followup.
    12. Karg - Traktat. I always find it a bit hard to take Karg seriously, because "their" (once again, solo project...) mastermind V. Wahntraum seems to be mighty proud of his Austrian heritage and therefore writes and performs Karg-lyrics in the broadest Austrian dialect possible. Apart from this... idiosyncracy, Karg's stuff is really good, though. I liked 2016's "Weltenasche" quite a bit and "Traktat" is even better. Maybe a bit long-winded in parts, but brilliant tracks like "Stolperkenotaphe" are absolutely worth it.
    11. Shallow Waters - Bed Of Snakes. Nahemah were a great band, so I was a bit sad when they called their quits back in 2012. Sure, some of the guys went on to perform in The Holleum, but I never really got into their music. Shallow Waters, though, a band former Nahemah-vocalist Pablo Egido founded with other musicians from bands like Demised and The Great Wound, really does it for me. It's hard to pin down the genre they're actually playing, something in between Melodeath, Doom and Post Metal, but it is pretty darn catchy stuff. We'll see how much more of this they've got in themselves but their debut is a quite impressive piece of music.
    10. Gospel Of Death - We Are Only Here To Suffer. I have no idea who hides behind the monicker Gospel Of Death but they seem to be a pretty swell dude or dudette, because when I bought their first album, "We Are Only Here To Suffer", they shot me an email, explicitly thanking me for doing so. No, thank YOU for the great album. Gospel Of Death's music doesn't sound a hundred percent like Licht Erlischt... but there are quite a few similiarities. And since Licht Erlischt... (or Latitude Egress) haven't done anything since 2014, I'm always thankful for a worthy replacement. So yeah, while I'm not that big into Funeral Doom Metal anymore, this is really great stuff (even though I'm not a hundred percent sure it actually fits that genre-designation). Go check it out. Maybe you'll get an email as well.
    9. Yarek Ovich - Introversion. Yarek Ovich is the solo-project by one Yarek Ovich (duh) of Miellnir... eh... "fame"? Miellnir is a Russian Viking Metal band that released a single album six years ago, so... dunno about that. But their guitar-player Yarek Ovich seems to be a pretty talented multi-instrumentalist who crafted a pretty impressive debut-album in the form of "Introversion". He probably should stop writing lyrics in English, though, because the gibberish he recites here is unworthy of the great music.
    8. Wayfarer - A Romance With Violence. I stumbled across Wayfarer because after liking Untamed Land quite a bit, I was looking for other bands who tried to mix Metal with Wild West themes. And Wayfarer have been doing that since 2011. Less bombastic than Untamed Land but that's not necessarily a bad thing in my opinion. "A Romance With Violence" feels very dry and grounded but in an alluring way. Their folkish elements are sincere and authentic and the whole thing just sounds unlike anything else out there. I should really check out their other albums, if they're just half as good as "A Romance With Violence", they are a force to be reckoned with.
    7. Mesarthim - The Degenerate Era. Best album of 2019, only at rank seven in 2020. Oh how the mighty have fallen. Nah, the thing is, 2020 was a really good year for music, so "The Degenerate Era", one of the more nondescript Mesarthim-albums out there, wasn't gonna take the top spot. Mind you, a "more nondescript Mesarthim-album" is still far better than pretty much anything else out there. And yeah, "The Degenerate Era" is pretty cool. I dig the return to shorter songs after 2019's epic "Ghost Condensate". Also the "Planet Nine"-EP isn't half bad either. Probably even better than "The Degenerate Era". But we're not including EPs here!
    6. Deeformis - Stranger. Alona Dee is an Ukrainian multi-instrumentalist who at some point emigrated to Israel and in 2016 decided to found a one-woman Black Metal band in the form of Deeformis. Which is a good thing in my book, because her first album, "Stranger", is pretty amazing. Harsh yet nuanced, captivating, clocking in at just the right amount of time... her lyrics are a bit meh, but then again, if I would let terrible lyrics deter me, I'd have long since stopped to listen to music altogether. "Stranger" is cool. I'm looking forward to finding out what Alona will do on the followup.
    5. Uada - Djinn. I think I liked the cover-artworks of Uada's two previous albums more than I actually liked the albums. The one for their third album "Djinn"? Hm. It's okay. Not great, not as good as those for "Devoid Of Light" or "Cult Of A Dying Sun", but I've definitely seen worse. But the music somehow seems to behave antithetically to the optical quality, because I really, really dig Uada's third album, "Djinn". It's more melodic and less harsh than their first two albums, but even in this form, their music still packs quite a bit of a punch. Color me surprised, I wasn't sure that they had it in them to produce a great album like this, but yeah, "Djinn" is really, really good.
    4. Anaal Nathrakh - Endarkenment. 2020 was a good year for fans of Anaal Nathrakh. Not only did they release a new album (duh), but Mick Kenney also pushed out not just one but two albums with his new side-project Make Them Die Slowly ("Ferox" and "The Body Count Continues...", both really good albums, both just missed this list). And "Endarkenment", while probably the most pop-ish (is that an expression in English?) album of their whole career, is a lot of fun. Yes, they are still doing the same thing they have been doing since "Eschaton" back in 2005 (maybe with a couple more Industrial influences) so you probably won't be completely blown away by their 2020 sound. But they still do so with such verve and energy that I can't help but love them for it. And "The Age Of Starlight" is an absolute masterpiece of a song.
    3. Draconian - Under A Godless Veil. I didn't even notice that Draconian hadn't released anything in five years (mainly because I only bought their 2015-release "Sovran" back in November of 2019...), so when "Under A Godless Veil" was unveiled (a-ha-ha), I wasn't necessarily clamoring for anything new by the Swedes. But then I listened to it. And it was good. Like... really, really good. Like... the third best album of the year. Can you believe it? "New" vocalist Heike Langhans (part of the band since 2012, actually) is a very good addition to the band and the rest is every bit as good as Draconian have pretty much always been. Cool stuff.
    2. Bohren & Der Club Of Gore - Patchouli Blue. Oh, look. Jazz. Doom Jazz. Yes, that genre's pioneers, Bohren & Der Club Of Gore, decided to release a new album this year. That one goes by the name of "Patchouli Blue". And it's like pretty much every other album they have ever done since "Black Earth". I.e. absolutely brilliant. Well... maybe it's even their best one yet. While some of their other albums seemed to blend into themselves more often than not, this one is surprisingly nuanced for an album by a band that calls itself the "slowest band in the world" and sometimes advertises itself with the slogan "Other bands play, Bohren bore". If you only want a single album by these Mülheim-based weirdos, make it "Patchouli Blue". It's great.
    1. My Dying Bride - The Ghost Of Orion. My Dying Bride released an album this year. 'nuff said.
    Nah, I think I promised to talk a bit about it on multiple occasions, didn't I? Well. It's good. Like... really good. Not the best MDB-album out there (I counted those down a couple of weeks ago) but another strong entry in their consistently strong discography. Still not too sure about that weird interlude featuring Lindy-Fay Hella but apart from that, I dig pretty much every track. My favorite one remains "Your Broken Shore", though. Such a good song.
    Harbinger ist offline

9. #389 Zitieren
    Vom Namen her kenn ich von deiner Liste nur ein paar Bands, gehört habe ich von diesen Platten allerdings gar keine. Haben wohl nicht den gleichen Metal Genre Geschmack.

Ich tu mir bei Top 10 Jahreslisten generell immer sehr schwer. Außer letztes Jahr, da war die Crypt Sermon meine klare Nummer 1.
    Mani ist offline

10. #390 Zitieren
    Vom Namen her kenn ich von deiner Liste nur ein paar Bands, gehört habe ich von diesen Platten allerdings gar keine. Haben wohl nicht den gleichen Metal Genre Geschmack.
    Woher willst du wissen, dass wir nicht den gleichen Geschmack haben, wenn du andererseits zugibst, nichts von alldem gehört zu haben, huh? Los! Zack zack, nachholen!
    Harbinger ist offline

11. #391 Zitieren
    Dem Thread gehört mal wieder ordentlich Leben eingehaucht.

Was sind den bis jetzt eure Jahreshighlights gewesen? Das erste Halbjahr ist ja auch schon wieder fast vorbei, wie die Zeit doch vergeht. Ich werde am Abend mal ein paar Highlights von meiner Seite aus schreiben.
    Mani ist offline

12. #392 Zitieren
    Dem Thread gehört mal wieder ordentlich Leben eingehaucht.

Was sind den bis jetzt eure Jahreshighlights gewesen? Das erste Halbjahr ist ja auch schon wieder fast vorbei, wie die Zeit doch vergeht. Ich werde am Abend mal ein paar Highlights von meiner Seite aus schreiben.
    Ich tue mich schwer in einen Metalthread zu posten, welcher mit Limp Bizkit betitelt ist. Das schliesst sich für mich gegenseitig aus.

Mein Jahreshighlight dieses Jahr ist bisher Asphyx - Necroceros. Wobei ich mir bisher aber kaum neues Material zugelegt habe.

Aktuell bin ich wieder extrem im Cathedral, Napalm Death und Motörhead Fieber, und suchte mich quer durch die kompletten Alben.
    clegg ist offline

13. #393 Zitieren
    Ich hab schon einiges an gutem Zeug gehört, dieses Jahr. Bin noch nicht sicher, wo sich was einreihen wird wenn sich das Jahr dem Ende zuneigt, aber hier mal ein paar Alben, wo ich jetzt schon mal empfehlen tue. Alphabetisch aufsteigend. Nach Bandnamen. Duh.

Aara - Triade I: Eos
    Abstrakt - Uncreation
    Choria - A Dismal Repertoire
    Dark The Suns - Suru Raivosi Sydämeni Pimeydessä
    Earthshine - My Bones Shall Rest Upon The Mountain
    Evergrey - Escape Of The Phoenix
    Forhist - Forhist
    Moonscar - Blood Moon
    Noctambulist - Noctambulist I: Elegieën
    Olhava - Frozen Bloom
    Osiris - Meanders A Soul
    Seraph In Travail - A Black Death Incense
    Starforger - Wreath Of Frost
    Stortregn - Impermanence
    Urban Nightmare - It's All In Your Head

Dann ist da noch "Healer" von Olympus Mons, wo ich mir noch nicht ganz sicher bin... Es ist schon ganz cool, dass die Rumänier sich für mehr als die Hälfte ihres Albums Aaron Stainthorpe als Gastsänger besorgt haben, aber Aarons Leistung macht dann halt extrem deutlich, dass Olympus Mons' eigener Vokalist recht wenig drauf hat... Schade. Aber vielleicht gewöhne ich mich da noch dran.
    Harbinger ist offline

14. #394 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von FlashX
    Bei mir hält sich die neue Musik dieses Jahr bisher eher in Grenzen, ich bin irgendwie wieder bei The Offspring und anderen Bands aus meiner Jugend gelandet.

Letztes Jahr gekauft, nun endlich gehört: Waning - Still Hours. Sehr starkes Album, würde ich am ehesten unter Doom/Sludge einordnen, leider hat sich die Band mittlerweile aufgelöst.

Was 2021 betrifft:
    Mit Розпад hatten svrm, deren Vorgängeralbum ich bereits fantastisch fand, wieder einen starken Release.
    Die Vacuum Solution EP von Mesarthim ist wieder überdurchschnittlich Trance-lastig und repetitiv, sie hat ein ihre Höhepunkte, nutzt sich aber leider sehr schnell ab.
    Elderwind haben gestern erst ein neues Album veröffentlicht. 2019/20 geschrieben zwischen den Waldbränden im Ural, wo die Band angesiedelt ist, ist Пожапы / Fires deutlich Black-Metal-lastiger als die beiden Vorgängeralben, aber wie gewohnt poetisch und melodisch.
    Abgesehen davon fand ich bislang nichts, was ich gehört habe, besonders erwähnenswert... Cult of Luna - The Raging River von Februar steht noch auf meiner Wishlist.
    ~ That is not dead which can eternal lie
    ~ And with strange aeons even death may die

We shall swim out to that brooding reef in the sea and dive down through black abysses to Cyclopean and many-columned Y'ha-nthlei,
    and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory for ever.
    FlashX ist offline

15. #395 Zitieren
    Spontan würde ich jetzt sagen:

Vulture - Dealin' Death
    Herzel - Le dernier rempart
    Wheel - Preserved in Time
    Bewitcher - Cursed Be Thy Kingdom
    Nekromantheon - Visions of Trismegistos

Im Heavy Metal Bereich kam aber generell schon einges gutes heraus. Ist ja mittlerweile mein Lieblingsmetalgenre.
    Mani ist offline

16. #396 Zitieren
    Huh. Irgendwie ist heute kein Bandcamp-Friday. Weird. Vor einem Monat haben die noch gesagt, dass sie damit weiter machen würden, aber jetzt ist's irgendwie nicht passiert. Dabei hatte ich schon einen neuen Track fertig. Naja, dann veröffentliche ich den eben trotzdem. Hier:

[Video]

Auch auf Bandcamp zu haben, im Gegensatz zum vorigen Track wird der es wohl auch aufs zweite Album schaffen, wenn ich damit mal fertig werde. Naja, ich meine, das erste ist erst acht Monate her, also... kann noch einen Augenblick dauern, aber die Arbeiten gehen gut voran. Drei Tracks sind fertig, etwa ein Dutzend andere in verschiedenen Stadien der Vervollständigung.
    Harbinger ist offline

17. #397 Zitieren
    Das ist deine eigene Band nehme ich an. Werde ich mir mal am Abend nach der Arbeit zu Gemüte führen. Welche Stilrichtung spielt ihr den?
    Mani ist offline

18. #398 Zitieren
    Das ist deine eigene Band nehme ich an. Werde ich mir mal am Abend nach der Arbeit zu Gemüte führen. Welche Stilrichtung spielt ihr den?
    Gute Frage. Muss man selbst gehört haben
    Harbinger ist offline

19. #399 Zitieren
    Freitag, 6.8.2021.

Ab jetzt vorbestellbar und zwei Tracks sind auch schon live. Kostenpunkt: 1€. Ich hätte es ja wieder auf "Pay what you want" gestellt, aber man kann bei Bandcamp keine Vorbestellung einstellen, wenn ein Album keinen Preis hat. Plus, so konnte ich auch einen Discography-Deal reinmachen. Komplette Diskographie (zwei Alben, ein exklusiver Song, drei Demos und eine Früh-Version eines Songs vom neuen Album) schon ab 50 Cent zu haben. https://harbingergloom.bandcamp.com/...t-of-disrepair
    Harbinger ist offline

20. #400 Zitieren
    Ich hab ja ehrlich gesagt ganz was anderes bei deiner Band erwartet, aber das hat mich sofort überzeugt. Ist jetzt vielleicht nicht Musik die ich mir konstant anhören werde, aber das neue Album hab ich mir mal bestellt.
    Mani ist offline

Seite 20 von 22 « Erste ... 91316171819202122 Letzte »