Seite 4 von 14 « Erste 1234567811 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 61 bis 80 von 266
  1. #61 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Zitat Zitat von warstrike Beitrag anzeigen
    Heh ,if only it was that simple.
    Unfortunately i don't think they would take advice from our small community here .
    Not necessarily ours. It can be the German or the Russian one. Any member of the community who knows what he is talking about. I'd put my trust in Foobar or Elind for such a task. They just need to be willing to actually receive constructive criticism.

For now, they seem to think any form of criticism is... anti-constructive.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

2. #62 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von Morgannin09
    Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    Not necessarily ours. It can be the German or the Russian one. Any member of the community who knows what he is talking about. I'd put my trust in Foobar or Elind for such a task. They just need to be willing to actually receive constructive criticism.

For now, they seem to think any form of criticism is... anti-constructive.
    Have I not proven the worth of my opinion? I've been doing my best to be the voice of the English community, but while my videos have had a lot of success and influence among the community itself, I don't think PB or DS are aware of me at all.
    YouTube channel for Let's Plays and shenanigans: https://www.youtube.com/c/Morgannin
    Morgannin09 ist offline

3. #63 Zitieren
    Warrior
    Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    Dear Piranhas, I do have this request for you:

Please, for the love of all that's holy for you, select a couple of members from the community and run your ideas past them. Have them sign an NDA and just ask them what they think of the story for the new game.
    Not sure if serious...
    rotator ist offline

4. #64 Zitieren
    Fighter Avatar von AshleyG
    The english WorldofRisen forum is too small for Pb to take suggestions here.

About their next game....aren't Piranha's bored with making classical rpg's?
    They have been at it for 15 years. The team has changed since, but the ones who were here at the beggining, aren't they bored?
    AshleyG ist offline

5. #65 Zitieren

Metasyntaktische Variable
    I wouldn't think so. I mean: Would you get bored of playing RPGs for 15 years? Sure, you wouldn't want to play the same game over and over again. But as long as there is diversity and new challenges, there's always room for more. And even within a classic PB game (if we were to ever see one again ) there would probably always be room for one to express themselves and find new challenges.

Besides, in my opinion RPGs are the premier league. Properly done, they unite the strengths (and challenges) of all others genres: Story and setting like in an adventure, graphics and freedom of movement like in a shooter, interactive and living worlds like in a simulation, and so on and so forth. And can you ever get bored of playing in the premier league? What genre should they work instead? What bush league should they descend to?
    foobar ist offline

6. #66 Zitieren
    Provinzheld Avatar von Nikolai81
    Zitat Zitat von foobar Beitrag anzeigen
    Besides, in my opinion RPGs are the premier league. Properly done, they unite the strengths (and challenges) of all others genres: Story and setting like in an adventure, graphics and freedom of movement like in a shooter, interactive and living worlds like in a simulation, and so on and so forth. And can you ever get bored of playing in the premier league? What genre should they work instead? What bush league should they descend to?
    Very well said, I hadn't thought about it that way before. There's also the strategic element of developing your character, outfitting him, and learning the best tactics against various enemies.
    "Das war's mit dir, du Mistvieh!"
    "Verdammte Enten!"
    Nikolai81 ist offline

7. #67 Zitieren
    Warrior
    Besides, in my opinion RPGs are the premier league.
    I agree. And that's why I don't go harsh on the Piranhas for mistakes and questionable design choices. For me their games are still better, than 99% of the games on the market, some of which are made by a ton of people and money.
    rotator ist offline

8. #68 Zitieren

Well, I kind of envy you in that regard. Because I don't share that sentiment. Right now, I'm contemplating whether or not I will play R3 right when DS sends me a copy or whether I keep playing Divinity Original Sin. I usually hate games with isometric view but D:OS is still great. The freedom. A big world where you can do and use almost anything. It practically implements the generic gameplay solutions to quest problems which I wrote about two years ago.

If that game only had a 3rd person camera... [Bild: drool.gif]
    foobar ist offline Geändert von foobar (08.08.2014 um 13:54 Uhr)

9. #69 Zitieren
    Warrior
    I'm contemplating whether or not I will play R3 right when DS sends me a copy
    It breaks my heart.
    rotator ist offline

10. #70 Zitieren
    Two more days... I am so glad I'm not working Tuesday. I'll be posting a video as soon as I possibly can.
    YouTube channel for Let's Plays and shenanigans: https://www.youtube.com/c/Morgannin
    Morgannin09 ist offline

11. #71 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    What if the next PB game borrows from Scorsese a bit? I am talking about a first person narration, by the main hero:

"Ever since I was a little kid, all I wanted to be was a fucking pirate." And it follows the road of the main character from a nobody to a hero. With a lot of tongue in cheek comments during cutscenes.

"What was I? A fucking moron?"; "Because such negotiation tactics never failed anyone. Like, ever." skips to the hero getting his ass kicked.

If PB is so keen on using curses, why not use them in a funny way? An antihero that no matter how hard he tries being an asshole doing stuff for himself, manages to end up saving the world and penniless, despite trying to avoid responsibility as much as possible.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

12. #72 Zitieren
    That would be very interesting, but it would break the storytelling mold of PB a bit. For an RPG, however, I feel like it would be a big undertaking to add a narration like that. I can't really think of anything outside of a streamlined adventure game that had anything like that.
    Morgannin09 ist offline

13. #73 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Zitat Zitat von Morgannin09 Beitrag anzeigen
    That would be very interesting, but it would break the storytelling mold of PB a bit. For an RPG, however, I feel like it would be a big undertaking to add a narration like that. I can't really think of anything outside of a streamlined adventure game that had anything like that.
    They can only use the same exact recipe as many times. But it wouldn't break the type of game they like making: gritty, realistic, balanced, open world.
    Maladiq ist offline

14. #74 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    I sincerely hope that PB and Mike will use Faceshift studio in their next project.

How it works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dsSjH1qU1E

Demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5m40eF3C9E
    Maladiq ist offline

15. #75 Zitieren
    Neuling
    Western mixed with fantasy theme would be fun. Cowboys and indians, horse riding, etc.
    roxor ist offline

16. #76 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von The Ore Baron
    Zitat Zitat von roxor Beitrag anzeigen
    Western mixed with fantasy theme would be fun. Cowboys and indians, horse riding, etc.
    I can imagine that, albeit a little bit more extreme Revolvers infused with elemental magic, undead Mexican bandoleros in ponchos, hints of steampunk here and there... Something that doesn't take itself too seriously, yet amounts to a solid, consistent setting.
    The Ore Baron ist offline

17. #77 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Hey, PB, could you please introduce (via debug keys or console) an "Exploration mode", in which all violent NPCs disappear or turn non-agressive, so the player can just have a walk through a forest, or a ruin, or anything and just relax after a long day? Also, if there will still be a "turn into a bird" spell, could it fly without limitation while the exploration mode is enabled?

This video gave me the idea: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUYpr74x3Kk
    Maladiq ist offline

18. #78 Zitieren
    So that's it, then?
    The Ore Baron ist offline

19. #79 Zitieren

Zitat Zitat von The Ore Baron Beitrag anzeigen
    So that's it, then?
    What's it then?
    foobar ist offline

20. #80 Zitieren
    What's it then?
    The forum, at least the English section, has been pretty quiet lately.
    I'm just a little sad, is all. It didn't even take a month after the game was released for all the hype and interest to die out. It's like everyone finished the game in fifty hours and forgot all about it. Now we're just waiting for a new announcement.

I don't want PB games to be like that, these one-time hits. I mean, it's just lame to spend three years eagerly awaiting a game just to be done with it in, what, three days? I was hoping for something I would want to replay several times, even in ten years time. Oh well.
    The Ore Baron ist offline Geändert von The Ore Baron (05.09.2014 um 18:08 Uhr)

Seite 4 von 14 « Erste 1234567811 ... Letzte »