Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Seite 30 von 39 « Erste ... 192326272829303132333437 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 581 bis 600 von 777
  1. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #581 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von MaGoth

MaGoth ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Gothaholic Beitrag anzeigen
    ich habe mir das gerade mal angeschaut und es ist Unsinn was er da schreibt. die angehängte "ddraw.dll" ist die Hauptkomponente des Renderers und ist in der GOG- (oder jeder sonstigen) Version von G2 überhaupt nicht enthalten. die wird erst hinzugefügt wenn man den Renderer installiert. wahrscheinlich hat er an seiner Installation herumgefriemelt und wusste nicht mehr wo die Datei herkam.
    Hi,
    No, he wrote everything correctly.
    The GOG version really has its own "flawed" DLL, an analogue of a wrapper for rendering.
    I ordered this version of the library by default to be removed from the installed catalogs of user games and the registry even when Systempack 1.8 was released. Since, apart from bugs, it does not provide anything useful.

MfG MaGoth,
    |: WOG.de :|: WOG.en :|: WOG.ru :|: WOG.ro :|||: MAGIC-Team :|
    [Bild: 106462_941c3dcc88ff9e9b5597d9f24d9aea88.jpg]
    |: WOR.de :|: WOR.en :|: WOR.ru :|: WOR.ro :|||: Piranha-Bytes :|
    -=GOTHIC UND DIE FREUNDSCHAFT FÜR ALLE ZEITEN!=-

2. Beiträge anzeigen #582 Zitieren
    Aus dem Reich der Mitte Avatar von JudgeKyle

JudgeKyle ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von MaGoth Beitrag anzeigen
    Hi,
    No, he wrote everything correctly.
    The GOG version really has its own "flawed" DLL, an analogue of a wrapper for rendering.
    I ordered this version of the library by default to be removed from the installed catalogs of user games and the registry even when Systempack 1.8 was released. Since, apart from bugs, it does not provide anything useful.

MfG MaGoth,
    Really? I never had any problems with the GOG version. I always installed it with the SystemPack / Union and the D3D11 Renderer, so I don't understand why he had such problems.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #583 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von Kirides

Kirides ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von JudgeKyle Beitrag anzeigen
    Really? I never had any problems with the GOG version. I always installed it with the SystemPack / Union and the D3D11 Renderer, so I don't understand why he had such problems.
    Thats because the D3D11 renderer replaces the ddraw.dll that comes with GOG, because it uses the same name for getting loaded by gothic.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #584 Zitieren

JudgeKyle ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Kirides Beitrag anzeigen
    Thats because the D3D11 renderer replaces the ddraw.dll that comes with GOG, because it uses the same name for getting loaded by gothic.
    So that means, I would have problems when using Gothic with the SystemPack / Union but without the D3D11 Renderer?

5. Beiträge anzeigen #585 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Gothaholic

Gothaholic ist offline
    hm, I looked at the GOG installation of G2 on my old "retro" computer (because on my other computer all installations meanwhile are provided with the renderer) and this installation does not have a ddraw.dll at all (in the G2\system folder).

screenshot:

[Bild: G2A_GOG_installation.jpg]
    Geändert von Gothaholic (26.07.2020 um 10:53 Uhr)

6. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #586 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von MaGoth

MaGoth ist offline
    So that means, I would have problems when using Gothic with the SystemPack / Union but without the D3D11 Renderer?
    If the original dx9 wrapper from GOG is installed, then it is quite possible.

hm, I looked at the GOG installation of G2 on my old "retro" computer (because on my other computer all installations meanwhile are provided with the renderer) and this installation does not have a ddraw.dll at all (in the G2\system folder).
    In G1 GOG they definitely had their own wrapper for dx9, in G2 I don't remember exactly, and there is little sense in it for these versions.

Although.. see attach.. found in old posts from our workshop.
    Miniaturansichten angehängter Grafiken Miniaturansichten angehängter Grafiken Gothic2_DX9.jpg  
    Angehängte Dateien
    |: WOG.de :|: WOG.en :|: WOG.ru :|: WOG.ro :|||: MAGIC-Team :|
    [Bild: 106462_941c3dcc88ff9e9b5597d9f24d9aea88.jpg]
    |: WOR.de :|: WOR.en :|: WOR.ru :|: WOR.ro :|||: Piranha-Bytes :|
    -=GOTHIC UND DIE FREUNDSCHAFT FÜR ALLE ZEITEN!=-
    Geändert von MaGoth (26.07.2020 um 12:39 Uhr)

7. Beiträge anzeigen #587 Zitieren

JudgeKyle ist offline
    Nette Spiele hast du da installiert auf deinem PC.

If the original dx9 wrapper from GOG is installed, then it is quite possible.
    I'm happy that I always use the D3D11 Renderer so this problem won't be mine.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #588 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Gothaholic

Gothaholic ist offline
    In G1 GOG they definitely had their own wrapper for dx9, in G2 I don't remember exactly
    hm, this is strange... of course I am curious now so I looked at the G1 GOG installation on my retro computer and it also does not contain a ddraw.dll

[Bild: G1_GOG_installation.jpg]

the only explanation I can think of is that GOG maybe changed the content of the "package" meanwhile, I bought G2 Gold in 2014 and G1 in 2015. I know e.g. that there is an older (GOG)version of G2 Gold where you could install G2 classic separately which is not possible with the actual version. so maybe they changed more things meanwhile.

Nette Spiele hast du da installiert auf deinem PC.
    Retro-Rechner halt...
    Geändert von Gothaholic (26.07.2020 um 14:36 Uhr)

9. Beiträge anzeigen #589 Zitieren
    Lehrling

Kacpa2 ist offline
    There is a bug in Gothic 1 that i am pretty sure didnt happen in older version when playing on something like XP, voicelines seem to skip alot from background chatter and when someone is threatening you. Sometimes it doesnt play at all. Is it possible to fix it?

10. Beiträge anzeigen #590 Zitieren
    banned

Idol_Isidro ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Kacpa2 Beitrag anzeigen
    There is a bug in Gothic 1 that i am pretty sure didnt happen in older version when playing on something like XP, voicelines seem to skip alot from background chatter and when someone is threatening you. Sometimes it doesnt play at all. Is it possible to fix it?
    Hey, I have this bug too, but this is no new bug, it was always in the game. Even when I played it in 2002.
    Voicelines break many times in middle of the line. I remember there's an unofficial patch which fixed it, but unfortunately System Pack/Union still doesn't.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #591 Zitieren
    Rookie

FalcosCZ ist offline

1.08k patch error + the game still remains in English

Hello,
    I installed the system pack according to the guide (for the Steam version, as I don't have any other). At first, the installation proceeded without errors, but the game still remained in English, even when I chose to install another language version of it in the system pack .exe installation file (only the button in GothicStarter was in proper language, but the rest was still in ENG). Then I uninstalled the game, removed the rest of the files in the installation folder, reinstalled the game and when I wanted to install the 1.08k patch. An error message (as shown in the image below) occured[Bild: GRYU]. My German isn't much good, so I don't exactly know what is the problem (I just understand that the iKernel.exe couldn't copy some data to/from the folder), so I beg if anybody here could help me with the problem. Just to clarify, I have a WIN10 64bit OS and the game folder is in the Program Files (x86) folder. Thanks for every reply on my issue .

[Bild: GRYU.png] [Bild: GRYU]

12. Beiträge anzeigen #592 Zitieren

Kirides ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von FalcosCZ Beitrag anzeigen
    Hello,
    I installed the system pack according to the guide (for the Steam version, as I don't have any other). At first, the installation proceeded without errors, but the game still remained in English, even when I chose to install another language version of it in the system pack .exe installation file (only the button in GothicStarter was in proper language, but the rest was still in ENG). Then I uninstalled the game, removed the rest of the files in the installation folder, reinstalled the game and when I wanted to install the 1.08k patch. An error message (as shown in the image below) occured[Bild: GRYU]. My German isn't much good, so I don't exactly know what is the problem (I just understand that the iKernel.exe couldn't copy some data to/from the folder), so I beg if anybody here could help me with the problem. Just to clarify, I have a WIN10 64bit OS and the game folder is in the Program Files (x86) folder. Thanks for every reply on my issue .

[Bild: GRYU.png] [Bild: GRYU]
    Systempack has nothing to do with the language of the game.

The language setting in the systempack is for special treatment for different language versions of the game.

If you install from Steam, you have to select the proper language from the games properties in the library.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #593 Zitieren
    Rookie

FalcosCZ ist offline
    Systempack has nothing to do with the language of the game.

The language setting in the systempack is for special treatment for different language versions of the game.

If you install from Steam, you have to select the proper language from the games properties in the library.
    Ah, I see. Thanks, I misinterpreted the term "multilingual support", as I thought it's meant for the whole game , my bad. Then I will need to install the LangPack as well, because my language isn't included in the steam version of the game.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #594 Zitieren

Kirides ist offline
    I tried the new Union 1.0h, it is pretty stable and works quite well (also in combination with the Dx11 Renderer)

BUT there is a huge problem for players testing my modification (they also use Union 1.0h because i want my mod to be fully compatible and tested for it)

Code:
    [GAME]
    SaveGameToANSI = 0
    SaveDATinASCII = 1
    -> SaveDATinASCII = 1
    Saving the SAVEDAT as ASCII makes partial updates to my modification impossible, because savegames which were saved with a previous version of my scripts will NOT load into the game when updating the scripts. zSpy tells me that it's stuck at 98% loading into the game.

Disabling this option, thus using "BIN_SAFE" format for the SAVDAT does not have this issue.
    fixing such a savegame is easy as long as you have the scripts that were used to make the savegame - then you can just load the game in a clean gothic 2 installation and save it again (so it's saved as BIN_SAFE). Now this savegame can be loaded into the newer version of the mods scripts.

So, while SaveDATinASCII = 1 is a tiny bit faster to save and load, it makes incremental updates to scripts for play-testers impossible.

EDIT:

Also the new "MouseWrapper" option does not work properly for people with dual monitors.
    The mouse does not get locked to the Gothic-Window and moves, not visible to the user, to other screens. I accidently stopped some recordings that way and almost deleted some notes because of that. If you use the Dx11 Renderer you can press "F11" to see that the mouse gets moved if you turn inside the game by using it.
    Left-Clicking is not propagated as it seems, but right-clicks get through to the applications, where the invisible mouse cursor is currently hovering over.

It works completely fine and the mouse gets properly locked to the game window if you disable the new MouseWrapper.
    I like the better responsiveness of the MouseWrapper (especially when combined with the Free Aim Patch from mud-freak) but this issue forced me to turn that feature off, since i almost always stream while playing, and have other things open on my second screen.
    Geändert von Kirides (15.08.2020 um 22:40 Uhr)

15. Beiträge anzeigen #595 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von Czudak

Czudak ist offline
    I tried the new Union 1.0h, it is pretty stable and works quite well (also in combination with the Dx11 Renderer)

BUT there is a huge problem for players testing my modification (they also use Union 1.0h because i want my mod to be fully compatible and tested for it)

Code:
    [GAME]
    SaveGameToANSI = 0
    SaveDATinASCII = 1
    -> SaveDATinASCII = 1
    Saving the SAVEDAT as ASCII makes partial updates to my modification impossible, because savegames which were saved with a previous version of my scripts will NOT load into the game when updating the scripts. zSpy tells me that it's stuck at 98% loading into the game.

Disabling this option, thus using "BIN_SAFE" format for the SAVDAT does not have this issue.
    fixing such a savegame is easy as long as you have the scripts that were used to make the savegame - then you can just load the game in a clean gothic 2 installation and save it again (so it's saved as BIN_SAFE). Now this savegame can be loaded into the newer version of the mods scripts.
    Is this saved games issue related to updates with Ikarus/LeGo/Ninja modkits, plugins and software?

16. Beiträge anzeigen #596 Zitieren

Kirides ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Czudak Beitrag anzeigen
    Is this saved games issue related to updates with Ikarus/LeGo/Ninja modkits, plugins and software?
    No. It's just with plain old Mod distribution. As soon as you add a few more variables to your scripts, or delete a few files, the savegame becomes incompatible and get's stuck loading at 98%

This does not happen with the BinSAFE Format since the engine does auto-fixup for the now moved/added/removed variables, functions etc. Loading a old save with newer scripts while having zSpy opened spits out a warning similar to "There were a lot of differences found between the savegame and the scripts" - BUT only when using the BinSAFE (default format) for the savegame. Using the "new" (old, was already existing in the engine but never turned on) ASCII Format does however NOT fix up the broken savegame or tell you that it's broken

17. Beiträge anzeigen #597 Zitieren
    General Avatar von Roland54

Roland54 ist offline
    Is it better then to use the BinSAFE Format? I realised that it is possible to set the SaveDATinASCII to 0 and the newly saves become the old format again.

18. Beiträge anzeigen #598 Zitieren

Kirides ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Roland54 Beitrag anzeigen
    Is it better then to use the BinSAFE Format? I realised that it is possible to set the SaveDATinASCII to 0 and the newly saves become the old format again.
    it won't make much difference when playing old mods or never updating a mod while playing it.

BUT if you plan on having alpha/beta testers for your own modification, and they regularly get updated scripts, you have to set both "SaveXXXinASCII" to "0", or they will have to start all over again

19. Beiträge anzeigen #599 Zitieren

Roland54 ist offline
    Thank you, then I will use the ...ASCII=0, I am playing old mods, and I am playing new mods that still get update scripts, too.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #600 Zitieren

Roland54 ist offline
    Entschuldigung für den Doppelpost, aber da sich hier ja keiner mehr so richtig um Union kümmert (und einen eigenen Thread dafür wird es zu meinen Lebzeiten wohl auch nicht mehr geben ):

Ich empfehle allen, die Union mutzen wollen, den Resource Manager v3.3 zu laden und auszuführen. Hier kann man jetzt auch Union 1.0h installieren, und bei mir läuft das wie ein Uhrwerk, und auch jede Menge Unio- Plugins sind installierbar für alle, die diese nutzen wollen.

Vielen Dank für den Hinweis und den Link aus dem Thread " Yet Another Unofficial Patch v2.5 (for Gothic II NotR/Gold) von Czudak.

Seite 30 von 39 « Erste ... 192326272829303132333437 ... Letzte »