Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Seite 4 von 39 « Erste 123456781115 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 61 bis 80 von 777
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #61 Zitieren
    Neuling

tyuper ist offline

Hardware accelerated sound in G1/G2 FIX

Hi MaGoth!

Could you add option to SystemPack for fixing MSS32.DLL to make it work with EAX restoration software (Creative ALchemy), please? Because now it's requires hex editing (described here https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Gothic...e_is_installed) and also there's another way to fix (https://github.com/MarcelHB/gothic_eax_alchemy) but it involves executable (SystemPack won't recognize modified executable). And it would be great if patching would happen on-fly.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #62 Zitieren
    Provinzheld Avatar von Guzz

Guzz ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von pawbuj Beitrag anzeigen
    Magoth will u finally fix scale for dialog choice box in g1?
    What's wrong with it?

Zitat Zitat von tyuper Beitrag anzeigen
    Could you add option to SystemPack for fixing MSS32.DLL to make it work with EAX restoration software (Creative ALchemy), please? Because now it's requires hex editing (described here https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Gothic...e_is_installed) and also there's another way to fix (https://github.com/MarcelHB/gothic_eax_alchemy) but it involves executable (SystemPack won't recognize modified executable). And it would be great if patching would happen on-fly.
    Open notepad and write:
    dsound.dll
    then save file as pre.load (or just download it - pre.zip)
    Copy pre.load file to the game folder Gothic\System or Gothic II\System

After this, Creative ALchemy wrapper - dsound.dll will be loaded in memory at game startup and you can select "Creative EAX 2" as sound driver in the game settings.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #63 Zitieren
    Neuling

tyuper ist offline
    Wow, it's way more simple! Thank you, Guzz!

4. Beiträge anzeigen #64 Zitieren
    General Avatar von RobinSword

RobinSword ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Guzz Beitrag anzeigen
    Open notepad and write:
    dsound.dll
    then save file as pre.load (or just download it - pre.zip)
    Copy pre.load file to the game folder Gothic\System or Gothic II\System

After this, Creative ALchemy wrapper - dsound.dll will be loaded in memory at game startup and you can select "Creative EAX 2" as sound driver in the game settings.
    Wow, that works!!

Now the big question is: Which sound provider do you recommend to use when having a SoundBlaster card and a surround system: X3DAudio or EAX 2?
    I just tried both sound providers with my X-Fi and a Teufel 5.1 sound system and I could not really hear differences regarding 3D positioning and reverb effects. Seem to work both fine.
    Is DirectSound3D HW/X3DAudio also simulating EAX effects like reverb or do we only get those post processing effects when using the EAX provider? From the past I remember, that EAX was not so stable and could cause some crashes (at least in Gothic 1). So, what would you recommend?

5. Beiträge anzeigen #65 Zitieren
    Neuling

tyuper ist offline
    Did you disable FixMss in SystemPack.ini? Because when it's enabled DirecSound3D API is replaced with X3DAudio/XAudio2 API, which doesn't support hardware-accelerated sound (including EAX).

BTW for me Gothic now sounds better when it uses Sound Blaster hardware to create audio effects and 3D feeling.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #66 Zitieren
    Adventurer

saschaminator ist offline
    Gothic 2 TNotR with Patch 2.6(fix) and The Returning 1.12.9 won't start when I install the SystemPack in version 1.7. It states that AST.dll is missing, the game tries to start but immediately crashes with an access violation error referring to the gothic2.exe.

I have one screen attached to my computer, running windows 10 pro version 1709. PlayerKit 2.6f is installed and I do start the GothicStarter.exe as an administrator. As soon as I remove the SystemPack, Gothic 2 TNotR works flawlessly!

Does anybody have an idea what might cause this issue?

Edit:

Found the solution myself: The problem was, that my resolution was set wrong! As soon as I switched to windowed mode, the game started!
    Geändert von saschaminator (28.12.2017 um 23:14 Uhr)

7. Beiträge anzeigen #67 Zitieren
    Local Hero

pawbuj ist offline
    @Guzz lots of dialogs in choice box with longer strings are partly cutted . u can not modify that in systempack.ini.

another issue - when u save the game while enemy archer is aiming, after "load game" the archer do not continue fight in ranged mode.

mob state for gate switchers after save/load game shows always 0 (even if gate was closed) and makes all gates with switchers stucked. that was fixed in very old fixmod Gengine

only g1
    Geändert von pawbuj (03.01.2018 um 12:01 Uhr)

8. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #68 Zitieren
    Gothic Reloaded Mod Avatar von ThielHater

ThielHater ist offline
    Unfortunately, I have several issues with the latest version in Gothic 1. This error can be reproduced in Gothic 1 vanilla with PlayerKit 1.8 and SystemPack 1.7 at game start. I loaded some savegames, which crash with different but similar errors (1, 2, 3). Is this bug known? I can't imagine it being undetected until now. However, keep up the good work!
    "Weltmacht mit drei Buchstaben?" – Fred & Günther

Geändert von ThielHater (03.01.2018 um 21:14 Uhr)

9. Beiträge anzeigen #69 Zitieren
    Local Hero

pawbuj ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von ThielHater Beitrag anzeigen
    Unfortunately, I have several issues with the latest version in Gothic 1. This error can be reproduced in Gothic 1 vanilla with PlayerKit 1.8 and SystemPack 1.7 at game start. I loaded some savegames, which crash with different but similar errors (1, 2, 3). Is this bug known? I can't imagine it being undetected until now. However, keep up the good work!
    I have never meet this bug. It may be due the func onDamage_script.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #70 Zitieren
    Neuling

Tenax ist offline

Help please, can't get No_Take_Anim=1 working

Hi everyone!
    For the last few hours I have been trying to get the parameter No_Take_Anim to work, so that there are no pickup animations.
    I have tried to insert No_Take_Anim=1 in several places (SystemPack.ini, GothicGame.ini, X_in_1.ini), in different [] sections of those files, without any success.

I am using Gothic 2 Gold German version, G2NoTR-SystemPack-1.7.exe, Gothic2_PlayerKit-2.8.exe and the mod X_in_1 (but I can not get No_Take_Anim to work in the unmodded game, so i doubt the mod is the problem).

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? I think I have tried all possible combinations/places for the parameter, even started new games.

Kind regards
    Tenax

11. Beiträge anzeigen #71 Zitieren

Guzz ist offline
    Disable DEP.

Zitat Zitat von Tenax Beitrag anzeigen
    Hi everyone!
    For the last few hours I have been trying to get the parameter No_Take_Anim to work, so that there are no pickup animations.
    I have tried to insert No_Take_Anim=1 in several places (SystemPack.ini, GothicGame.ini, X_in_1.ini), in different [] sections of those files, without any success.

I am using Gothic 2 Gold German version, G2NoTR-SystemPack-1.7.exe, Gothic2_PlayerKit-2.8.exe and the mod X_in_1 (but I can not get No_Take_Anim to work in the unmodded game, so i doubt the mod is the problem).

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? I think I have tried all possible combinations/places for the parameter, even started new games.

Kind regards
    Tenax
    What is your game install path? Did you have string "2.6 (fix-SP 1.7)" in the game main menu?

12. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #72 Zitieren

ThielHater ist offline
    Thanks for the hint. This may work but it's a shady workaround as DEP is a security feature. Furthermore it looks like DEP can't be disable for a single application in latest Windows 7, the bug has to be fixed in the first place.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #73 Zitieren
    Neuling

Tenax ist offline
    Disable DEP.

What is your game install path? Did you have string "2.6 (fix-SP 1.7)" in the game main menu?
    Hi Guzz, my game path is "d:\Games\Gothic 2 Gold\", and I start the game using the "d:\Games\Gothic 2 Gold\System\GothicStarter.exe" .

In the main menu it only shows "2.6".

Edit: I just reread the install instructions and it seems I forgot the "gothic2_fix-2.6.0.0-rev2.exe" .
    Installed it, edited the .ini file again, and it finally works - Thanks a lot, time to loot Khorinis now.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #74 Zitieren
    Lehrling

f4ke ist offline

Access Violation

I installed all these "GOTHIC1: Classic" — Gothic Patch 1.08k(Only for Steam), Gothic1_PlayerKit-1.08k.exe, Gothic1_PlayerKit-2.8.exe

Then SystemPack - 1.7:

Now everytime I start Gothic 1 in Steam I get Access Violation Error : [Bild: bb85536e952efe7556063887b934f5d3.png]
    https://gyazo.com/bb85536e952efe7556063887b934f5d3

Windows 10 - Steam Overlay deactivated - gtx 1070 - i7 6700hq

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    EDIT:

This fixed all my problems: https://forum.worldofplayers.de/foru...8#post25698048
    Geändert von f4ke (06.01.2018 um 17:10 Uhr)

15. Beiträge anzeigen #75 Zitieren

Guzz ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von f4ke Beitrag anzeigen
    I installed all these "GOTHIC1: Classic" — Gothic Patch 1.08k(Only for Steam), Gothic1_PlayerKit-1.08k.exe, Gothic1_PlayerKit-2.8.exe

Then SystemPack - 1.7:

Now everytime I start Gothic 1 in Steam I get Access Violation Error : https://gyazo.com/bb85536e952efe7556063887b934f5d3.png
    https://gyazo.com/bb85536e952efe7556063887b934f5d3

Windows 10 - Steam Overlay deactivated - gtx 1070 - i7 6700hq
    https://forum.worldofplayers.de/foru...1#post25623400

16. Beiträge anzeigen #76 Zitieren
    General Avatar von RobinSword

RobinSword ist offline
    Furthermore it looks like DEP can't be disable for a single application in latest Windows 7, the bug has to be fixed in the first place.
    Natürlich kann die DEP für eine einzelne Anwendung deaktiviert werden: Systemsteuerung -> System -> Erweiterte Systemeinstellungen -> Tab Erweitert -> Leistung Einstellungen... -> Tab Datenausführungsverhinderung
    Hier kannst du die Gothic.exe "Hinzufügen".

Aber ich stimme zu, dass das Problem anwendungsseitig behoben werden sollten - sofern dies möglich ist. Ich glaube kaum, dass Microsoft es tun wird.
    Und ich schätze unsere russischen Programmierer so ein, dass es kaum etwas geben sollte, was sie nicht schaffen können.
    Geändert von RobinSword (06.01.2018 um 20:18 Uhr)

17. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #77 Zitieren

ThielHater ist offline
    Nein, das sieht bei mir so aus. Über Google habe ich lediglich gefunden, wie man DEP über die bcedit.exe allgemein an- oder ausschalten kann.

Code:
    bcdedit /set {current} nx AlwaysOn
    bcdedit /set {current} nx AlwaysOff

Daher habe ich mir EMET installiert, was es wiederum ermöglicht DEP pro Anwendung abzuschalten. Das hat auch funktioniert. Als ich DEP dann wieder eingeschaltet habe, hat es jedoch weiterhin funktioniert, was mich dann doch etwas verwundert. Jedenfalls betrachte ich den Fehler als gemeldet und überlasse das Weitere den Verantwortlichen.

18. Beiträge anzeigen #78 Zitieren
    Local Hero

pawbuj ist offline
    another error in gothic 1

when NPC received new attitude to hero, f.e. friendy. after save/load game, the attitude refresh to standard guild attitude.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #79 Zitieren
    Adventurer Avatar von waltc
    Deep within Martian soil where it's warm and the air is good

waltc ist offline
    Thanks for the hint. This may work but it's a shady workaround as DEP is a security feature. Furthermore it looks like DEP can't be disable for a single application in latest Windows 7, the bug has to be fixed in the first place.
    Run an up-to-date OS--no problems with Win10x64, version 1709, build 17063--no DEP exception required in this case. Highly recommended. Although Win7 will not EoL officially until 1/1/2020 (a bit under two years left) the only thing being done for Win7 atm is *spotty* security patching and the odd bug fix here and there--new features and newer hardware support are out for Win7 right now--not going to happen. Microsoft is putting all of its OS resources into Win10 from here on out and has been doing so for the past three years at least. If general security is important to you then you'll definitely want to move up to Win10x64. (People rambling about "spyware" are uninformed and you can ignore them completely.)

BTW, the reason Microsoft allows the disabling of DEP is because some older programs (games, mostly) cause a buffer overflow--it's poor programming common to the early Windows era--but *not* a security risk since the programs simply aren't viruses or malware. Malware does avail itself of buffer overflows, of course, which is why DEP is supported in hardware by Microsoft and by the CPU manufacturers like AMD and Intel. But creating a DEP exception for an older game is not a security risk at all so long as you know the game itself contains no virus or malware--as we know in this case. Being able to disable DEP is not "shady" at all--it's simply required for some poorly programmed games in the past--that were written before DEP arrived on the scene. But I haven't had to create a DEP exception in Win10x64 so far for either Gothic game to run properly.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #80 Zitieren
    Adventurer Avatar von Markus Ramikin

Markus Ramikin ist offline

Gothic 1 - Combat problem caused by system pack?

In Gothic 1, having the system pack seems to do something strange to combat. I'm going up against a Scavenger, and this happens:

I press Action+Forward to attack once, and my character attacks. Then I switch to Action+Back, to block - but instead of blocking, my character keeps attacking like a maniac. So this gets me killed easily.

Only happens with the forward attack, somehow. If I attack using the side attack, Action + left, the character stops attacking when I tell it to stop attacking, and (usually) blocks when I tell it to block.

I tested this on both GoG.com's version and the old retail version. I also have the community patch, playerkit, in extremo patch.

I'm not 100% sure this is /caused/ by systempack, as it seems to happen without it from time to time. But with systempack it's MUCH more frequent for some reason.

Anyone else had this problem? Thoughts? Does anyone understand the cause of this?
    Taten sind die Gebete eines Soldaten, und Siege seine Opfergaben.
    Geändert von Markus Ramikin (10.01.2018 um 14:58 Uhr)

Seite 4 von 39 « Erste 123456781115 ... Letzte »