Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Seite 13 von 39 « Erste ... 26910111213141516172024 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 241 bis 260 von 777
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #241 Zitieren
    Schwertmeister Avatar von Aryn
    C:/Games/JoWooD/Gothic II/system/Gothic2.exe

Aryn ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von MaGoth Beitrag anzeigen
    Hi Aryn!
    To do this, you must first determine exactly which version of the engine in these games from the list (1.08j) was originally.

MfG MaGoth,
    Hi MaGoth!

Sry, I don't understand what you wanted to tell me with this sentence.

You could just write: "Gothic 1 should have version 1.08k, before you install the PlayerKit and SystemPack."

2. Beiträge anzeigen #242 Zitieren

Aryn ist offline
    New questions:

What is "vidResIndex" and what changes it with integer from 0 to 20?

What is "SkyEffects" exactly?

Thanks!
    Geändert von Aryn (03.04.2019 um 11:44 Uhr)

3. Beiträge anzeigen #243 Zitieren
    Held Avatar von Dean

Dean ist offline
    Hallo Leute,

eine Frage. habe es schon im Technischen Forum geschrieben, aber ich frag mal auch hier, weil wo ich mehr frage, desto besser

Ich habe jetzt diesen Systempack installiert also für Gothic 2 Addon, aber es laggt wie verrückt. Davor hat es nicht gelaggt, null Probleme. Playerkit auch davor installiert und diese Reportverison auch, einwandfrei ohne Ruckler. Aber nach diesem Systempack ruckelt es wie verrückt. Und wenn ich es wieder deinstalliere das Systempack, geht es wieder.

Das Problem ist: Ich brauche diesen Systempack, sonst bekomme ich diesen weißen Rand oben links nicht weg. Habe Windows 10.

Was kann ich denn tun?

4. Beiträge anzeigen #244 Zitieren

Aryn ist offline
    Guck mal in deine systempack.ini beim Punkt FPS_limit. Vllt hast du da eine zu geringe Zahl unter 60 stehen.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #245 Zitieren
    Held Avatar von Dean

Dean ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Aryn Beitrag anzeigen
    Guck mal in deine systempack.ini beim Punkt FPScounter. Vllt hast du da eine zu geringe Zahl unter 60 stehen.
    Schon erledigt, im Technischen Forum hat einer mir geholfen Musste nur an der Systempack.ini etwas ändern und an den Einstellungen von Gothic und mein Windows. Aber trotzdem danke für die Hilfe

6. Beiträge anzeigen #246 Zitieren
    Provinzheld

withmorten ist offline
    What is "SkyEffects" exactly?
    That's from the original Gothic.ini if I'm not wrong? It toggles wether weather effects, later changed to sky effects (including the barrier) should be displayed in Gothic 1. In Gothic 2 it only toggles weather effects (and the "barrier" which has been repurposed to show lightning when it rains, so technically still weather).

7. Beiträge anzeigen #247 Zitieren

Aryn ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von withmorten Beitrag anzeigen
    That's from the original Gothic.ini if I'm not wrong? It toggles wether weather effects, later changed to sky effects (including the barrier) should be displayed in Gothic 1. In Gothic 2 it only toggles weather effects (and the "barrier" which has been repurposed to show lightning when it rains, so technically still weather).
    Yeah, that's right! It's from Gothic.ini.
    It's just interessting because after I exit g1, my gothic.ini always turns the skyeffects off (=0), although I turn them on.

and I asked because Systempack controlls the barrier itself in its systempack.ini... so I was wondering what is the difference...

8. Beiträge anzeigen #248 Zitieren
    Provinzheld

withmorten ist offline
    Why the game always wants to set it to 0 ... no idea.

I made a small hex code addition for systempack a few pages earlier where I made the barrier render ignore the sky effects setting (like I said, in earlier versions of gothic it was called weather effects and just controlled wether it should rain or not) - since I don't like rain, but want the barrier. I could package that into a custom SystemPack.vdf for you so the game does not care about the setting for the barrier render anymore.

It should also be possible for that setting to be completely ignored by the game, always defaulting to either true or false, depending on what you want.

Currently AlwaysOn in Systempack doesn't work if SkyEffects are off, it only if it should fade out or not.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #249 Zitieren
    Hero Avatar von lali

lali ist offline
    Yeah, that's right! It's from Gothic.ini.
    It's just interessting because after I exit g1, my gothic.ini always turns the skyeffects off (=0), although I turn them on.

and I asked because Systempack controlls the barrier itself in its systempack.ini... so I was wondering what is the difference...
    Maybe the SystemPack overwrites the Gothic.ini. So you need to change the settings in the SystemPack.ini instead?
    Phoenix Dev | Website | Discord

10. Beiträge anzeigen #250 Zitieren

Aryn ist offline
    Why the game always wants to set it to 0 ... no idea.

I made a small hex code addition for systempack a few pages earlier where I made the barrier render ignore the sky effects setting (like I said, in earlier versions of gothic it was called weather effects and just controlled wether it should rain or not) - since I don't like rain, but want the barrier. I could package that into a custom SystemPack.vdf for you so the game does not care about the setting for the barrier render anymore.

It should also be possible for that setting to be completely ignored by the game, always defaulting to either true or false, depending on what you want.

Currently AlwaysOn in Systempack doesn't work if SkyEffects are off, it only if it should fade out or not.
    Yea, that would be nice! Thanks a lot in advance!

Zitat Zitat von lali Beitrag anzeigen
    Maybe the SystemPack overwrites the Gothic.ini. So you need to change the settings in the SystemPack.ini instead?
    In my systempack.ini the barrier was turn "always on", and then the Gothic.ini was turned off by the game. Now I put "always on=0" and now "skyeffects keep on =1"... don't know... so you could be right.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #251 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Gothaholic

Gothaholic ist offline
    In my systempack.ini the barrier was turn "always on", and then the Gothic.ini was turned off by the game. Now I put "always on=0" and now "skyeffects keep on =1"... don't know... so you could be right.
    ich glaube nicht dass die systempack.ini was damit zu tun hat. bei mir steht "skyEffects=1" in der gothic.ini und "ShowBarrier=1" in der systempack.ini, verträgt sich wunderbar zusammen.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #252 Zitieren
    Hero Avatar von lali

lali ist offline
    Hey MaGoth. Can you read this post (and my quote in there) and check this bug? Possibly its related to the SystemPack.
    Phoenix Dev | Website | Discord

13. Beiträge anzeigen #253 Zitieren
    Provinzheld

withmorten ist offline
    Yea, that would be nice! Thanks a lot in advance!
    Okay, here you go - for now I just made it ignore the sky effects setting for the Barrier render. If you want it completely ignored, I'll have to look at Gothic in IDA again to find all the locations s_skyEffectsEnabled gets used again - or just disable the reading from the options.

And good thing I posted the hex code bit a few pages earlier ... I don't think I had any copies of it anymore on my own PC.

Here is the comment I mean: https://forum.worldofplayers.de/foru...1#post25965781

Just replace the original Gothic 1 SystemPack.vdf with this one, be sure to back up the original one beforehand.

https://morten.with.de/filedropper/files/SystemPack.vdf

14. Beiträge anzeigen #254 Zitieren

Aryn ist offline
    Okay, here you go - for now I just made it ignore the sky effects setting for the Barrier render. If you want it completely ignored, I'll have to look at Gothic in IDA again to find all the locations s_skyEffectsEnabled gets used again - or just disable the reading from the options.

And good thing I posted the hex code bit a few pages earlier ... I don't think I had any copies of it anymore on my own PC.

Here is the comment I mean: https://forum.worldofplayers.de/foru...1#post25965781

Just replace the original Gothic 1 SystemPack.vdf with this one, be sure to back up the original one beforehand.

https://morten.with.de/filedropper/files/SystemPack.vdf

Thanks a lot, withmorten!!!

ThrowFlag=1
    ; ... check ITEM_THROW flag, to allow throw item, - on (1) or off (0), default is 1.

It's very strange, but if I put throwflag on 0, it's on, and if I put it on 1, it's off.... oO But shouldn't it be the other way around?
    I start it with Spine.

Edit:
    I made a copy of g1 and start it with PlayerKit 1.08k, there it's correct.... very strange....

15. Beiträge anzeigen #255 Zitieren
    Provinzheld

withmorten ist offline
    No problem, btw One could do it more elegant with an additional option in the SystemPack.ini, but this quick and dirty fix works :P

16. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #256 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von MaGoth

MaGoth ist offline
    Hi all,
    Your messages sometimes mention such bugs, for example:

Zitat Zitat von henry109 Beitrag anzeigen
    Has the FPS fix in fullscreen for anyone else stopped working?

I'm using the playerkit 1.08k/2.8 + systempack 1.7 and it used to run at high fps in fullscreen. A few weeks later without making any changes I boot up the game and it doesn't go above 20fps. Changing the FPS limit in the .ini does nothing. However running in borderless windowed mode fixes this.

It would still be better if fullscreen mode would work as I want it v-synced (I force it through my driver), rather than running windowed at 256fps. Fullscreen mode should work properly anyway; it's the default.
    There is someone reporting the exact same issue here:
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/65540...4199293136167/
    or
    https://forum.worldofplayers.de/foru...1#post25975024
    or
    https://worldofplayers.ru/threads/36...9#post-1019204
    and so on..

On our computers, we cannot identify or reproduce such errors. It is necessary to catch this bug.
    For this we need people who have this or similar errors. A regular online with full access to your computer via TeamViewer.

MfG MaGoth,
    |: WOG.de :|: WOG.en :|: WOG.ru :|: WOG.ro :|||: MAGIC-Team :|
    [Bild: 106462_941c3dcc88ff9e9b5597d9f24d9aea88.jpg]
    |: WOR.de :|: WOR.en :|: WOR.ru :|: WOR.ro :|||: Piranha-Bytes :|
    -=GOTHIC UND DIE FREUNDSCHAFT FÜR ALLE ZEITEN!=-

17. Beiträge anzeigen #257 Zitieren
    Provinzheld

withmorten ist offline
    This might not be related to this at all, but maybe AppPatch is doing something:

C:\Windows\AppPatch\sysmain.sdb

A few weeks ago or so all of the sudden the game ran in borderless windowed *without SystemPack* (which was annoying since I was running in windowed mode for debugging). Renaming the file to sysmain.bak (tricky, because you need to take ownership of the file first, it belongs to TrustedInstaller) fixed that.

18. Beiträge anzeigen #258 Zitieren
    Provinzheld Avatar von Guzz

Guzz ist offline
    A few weeks ago or so all of the sudden the game ran in borderless windowed *without SystemPack* (which was annoying since I was running in windowed mode for debugging).
    You are probably using the GOG version which installs two compatibility modes:
    [Bild: gog_c_th.jpg]
    ForceSimpleWindow cause borderless windowed without SystemPack.

Renaming the file to sysmain.bak (tricky, because you need to take ownership of the file first, it belongs to TrustedInstaller) fixed that.
    It's strongly not recommended to touch the file C:\Windows\AppPatch\sysmain.sdb
    If you have any problem with compatibility, you need to install the Application Compatibility Tool from the Windows ADK - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/get-started/adk-install
    Using the Compatibility Administrator you can disable the compatibility modes from the sysmain.sdb or add/remove your own compatibility modes.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #259 Zitieren
    Provinzheld

withmorten ist offline
    That does seem a better solution. Back when I looked, I could find no way to disable it reliably without renaming the file - even according to sites like stackoverflow or related. Back then it made the starting of age2_x1.exe unbearably slow. After renaming the file, no problems since.

It's not a GOG install, in any case, it's an install straight off the original german disc.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #260 Zitieren
    Waldläufer Avatar von Sweden

Sweden ist offline
    Hi!
    I'm installed all correct, but it seems that i can't change the Systempack.ini.
    My ini looks like this:

[DEBUG]
    FixGameUX=1
    UnknExeCrc=0x2BCD7E30
    FixHighRes=1
    FixAppCompat=1
    FixBink=1
    FixMss=1
    [SHW32]
    bShowGothicError=1
    bShowMsgBox=1
    reserveInMb=50
    bUseNewHandler=1

If I turn on the Drawdistance Multplier to 26, it doesn't do anything.
    What do I have to change?

Seite 13 von 39 « Erste ... 26910111213141516172024 ... Letzte »