Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Page 10 of 13 « First ... 3678910111213 Last »
  1. Visit Homepage View Forum Posts #181 Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by lali View Post
    Der Link von MaGoth scheint nicht mehr zu funktionieren.
    Dieses Problem ist bekannt.

Quote Originally Posted by Schatten View Post
    It seem that some links are outdated. Look for the G2NoTR-SystemPack-1.7.exe here.

2. View Forum Posts #182 Reply With Quote
    Lehrling

Hello,

I seem to be having a Problem with the Systempack. I wanted to play Odyssee 2.5 and went down the installation guide.

(system specs: i5-8400, 16GB ram, Amd rx 580, windows 10)

Everything seems to be workin just fine. No errors or anything. But the problem I have is, that i dont get more than 17-18 fps. After a long period of trying (with always clean g2 dndr installs) i figured why not try it out step by step.

So with:
    G2 -> no stutters high fps
    G2 dndr -> no stutters high fps
    g2 fix 2.6 rev2 -> no stutters high fps
    so then I installed the systempack 1.7 Odyssee version -> studders 17-18 fps

I figured maybe its only the odysse systempack version so i made another clean install
    G2 -> no stutters high fps
    G2 dndr -> no stutters high fps
    g2 fix 2.6 rev2 -> no stutters high fps
    systempack 1.7 dndr version -> stutters 17-18 fps

I dont know what is causing my system to not work with the systempack, maybe somebody has an idea or there was already a similar problem.
    Changing the grapic settings in ANY way/combination does not lower or increase the fps by the way.

I would like to get a solution without reinstalling windows 10, because I have some important programs installed for my master thesis which would require a lot of work to reinstall them (licences and configuring those old programs to work with windows 10 again)

As i said, maybe somebody has an idea.
    Help would be much appreciated, thx in advance

After Reading Henry109s post I tried it in Windowed mode and it fixed the issue. So Iam the second one here with the same problem
    Last edited by insxsicht1338; 16.11.2018 at 13:21.

3. View Forum Posts #183 Reply With Quote
    Rookie

Can someone make the developers aware of this? Fullscreen exclusive mode is BROKEN.

4. View Forum Posts #184 Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by henry109 View Post
    Can someone make the developers aware of this? Fullscreen exclusive mode is BROKEN.
    Why?

5. View Forum Posts #185 Reply With Quote
    Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Neconspictor View Post
    Why?
    Read my other post on page 9, and insxsicht1338's post... The FPS fix is non-functional in full screen exclusive mode on the latest version of Windows.

6. View Forum Posts #186 Reply With Quote
    Veteran

Have you tried to disable the Windows 10 fullscreen optimization setting in the properties of the Gothic2.exe?

7. Visit Homepage View Forum Posts #187 Reply With Quote

Read my other post and insxsicht1338's post...
    henry109, insxsicht1338,
    In the Gothic.ini and/or SystemPack.ini files try setting these values:

zStartupWindowed=0 → 1
    BorderlessWindow=0 → 1
    FixAppCompat=0 → 1

MfG MaGoth,
    |: WOG.de :|: WOG.en :|: WOG.ru :|: WOG.ro :|||: MAGIC-Team :|
    [Bild: 106462_941c3dcc88ff9e9b5597d9f24d9aea88.jpg]
    |: WOR.de :|: WOR.en :|: WOR.ru :|: WOR.ro :|||: Piranha-Bytes :|
    -=GOTHIC UND DIE FREUNDSCHAFT FR ALLE ZEITEN!=-

8. View Forum Posts #188 Reply With Quote
    Ranger

Hey Magoth,

Can we expect in the nearest future any new release?

9. Visit Homepage View Forum Posts #189 Reply With Quote

Hi, pawbuj
    Possibly..

MfG MaGoth,
    |: WOG.de :|: WOG.en :|: WOG.ru :|: WOG.ro :|||: MAGIC-Team :|
    [Bild: 106462_941c3dcc88ff9e9b5597d9f24d9aea88.jpg]
    |: WOR.de :|: WOR.en :|: WOR.ru :|: WOR.ro :|||: Piranha-Bytes :|
    -=GOTHIC UND DIE FREUNDSCHAFT FR ALLE ZEITEN!=-

10. View Forum Posts #190 Reply With Quote
    Rookie

download doesn't work anymore: https://yadi.sk/d/vuWbU8nQ3G8ZFW

okay, maybe it is not working because I live in Ukraine atm.... I will try it with a proxy

11. View Forum Posts #191 Reply With Quote
    Just arrived

What to do when my systempack.ini file is missing? Yes I reinstalled everything and yes I launched the game and even played it for a little.

12. View Forum Posts #192 Reply With Quote
    Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by xSwagger View Post
    What to do when my systempack.ini file is missing? Yes I reinstalled everything and yes I launched the game and even played it for a little.
    silly question. Really....?
    Last edited by pawbuj; 18.01.2019 at 19:42.

13. View Forum Posts #193 Reply With Quote
    Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by MaGoth View Post
    henry109, insxsicht1338,
    In the Gothic.ini and/or SystemPack.ini files try setting these values:

zStartupWindowed=0 → 1
    BorderlessWindow=0 → 1
    FixAppCompat=0 → 1

MfG MaGoth,
    Yes Borderless Fullscreen mode works and is a solution. What I was saying is that Fullscreen Exclusive mode doesn't work (non-borderless) as its fps stays around 20. I'm just informing you of an issue.

14. View Forum Posts #194 Reply With Quote

I wanted to run Gothic 2 in 4k (i.e. 3840 x 2160). It seems like systempack successfully patched DX7 as I don't get the invalid resolution error. But what I get instead is this:

[Bild: attachment.php?s=600f553e2f252090e3deec016154ec90&attachmentid=47799&d=1548583282&thumb=1]

DDERR_INVALIDOBJECT

The application seems to switch resolutions just fine but then this error happens. This happens both in fullscreen as also in borderless window or windowed mode. Any ideas?

I know die DX11 renderer handles this resolution just fine but it has it's own problems.

15. View Forum Posts #195 Reply With Quote
    Apprentice

Hi, I have downloaded the G2 Classic Version of the SystemPack and I am using the 1.32 Gothic II from GoG Gold Edition without the NotR expansion, yet when I try to install the SystemPack the installer doesn't recognize the folder where the game is installed. Someone that can help?

16. View Forum Posts #196 Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by YoungManRumble View Post
    Hi, I have downloaded the G2 Classic Version of the SystemPack and I am using the 1.32 Gothic II from GoG Gold Edition without the NotR expansion, yet when I try to install the SystemPack the installer doesn't recognize the folder where the game is installed. Someone that can help?
    If you have the Gold Edition from GoG, then you have the NotR expansion too.

17. View Forum Posts #197 Reply With Quote
    Apprentice

If you have the Gold Edition from GoG, then you have the NotR expansion too.
    True, maybe I didn't make myself clear, I only installed Gothic II without NotR, turns out the game runs much smoother for me without the expansion and I actually found out that you can mod the original game without the need to install the addon, however I have issues with screen resolution and would like to have the option to disable the animation when picking items, that's why I need the systempack.

18. View Forum Posts #198 Reply With Quote

True, maybe I didn't make myself clear, I only installed Gothic II without NotR, turns out the game runs much smoother for me without the expansion and I actually found out that you can mod the original game without the need to install the addon, however I have issues with screen resolution and would like to have the option to disable the animation when picking items, that's why I need the systempack.
    I am just wondering. I also have the GoG Version of G2 and I didn't know that it is possible to install it without NotR. How? NotR is installed automatically. Its one installer.

I also like Gothic 2 Classic more, but how did you find out, that you can mod the original game without to install the addon? Can you elaborate on this? I thought thats only possible by using the Gothic 2 Classic Mod Ressources for NotR.

19. View Forum Posts #199 Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by itti View Post
    I wanted to run Gothic 2 in 4k (i.e. 3840 x 2160). It seems like systempack successfully patched DX7 as I don't get the invalid resolution error. But what I get instead is this:

[Bild: attachment.php?s=600f553e2f252090e3deec016154ec90&attachmentid=47799&d=1548583282&thumb=1]

DDERR_INVALIDOBJECT

The application seems to switch resolutions just fine but then this error happens. This happens both in fullscreen as also in borderless window or windowed mode. Any ideas?

I know die DX11 renderer handles this resolution just fine but it has it's own problems.
    Because of some changes in d3dim700.dll file in Windows 10 1809, SystemPack can't patch it, so the resolutions higher 2048 pixels won't work.
    As temporary solution you can copy d3dim700.dll file - LegacyD3DResolutionHack_MSVC6.zip to the game folder (Gothic II\System\).

To pass SystemPack installer checks you need to install gothic2_fix-1.30.0.0.exe - https://www.worldofgothic.de/dl/download_278.htm
    Don't worry about version downgrade, you will not lose anything because of this.

I am just wondering. I also have the GoG Version of G2 and I didn't know that it is possible to install it without NotR. How? NotR is installed automatically. Its one installer.

I also like Gothic 2 Classic more, but how did you find out, that you can mod the original game without to install the addon? Can you elaborate on this? I thought thats only possible by using the Gothic 2 Classic Mod Ressources for NotR.
    There are two versions of GOG installer.
    In the old version you can install G2 without addon.
    [Bild: old_th.jpg]

In the new version you can install only G2+NotR.
    [Bild: new_th.jpg]

20. View Forum Posts #200 Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by Guzz View Post
    There are two versions of GOG installer.
    In the old version you can install G2 without addon.
    [Bild: old_th.jpg]

In the new version you can install only G2+NotR.
    [Bild: new_th.jpg]
    Thanks. Too bad. They shouldn't have change this.

Page 10 of 13 « First ... 3678910111213 Last »