Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 1 von 21 12345812 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 413

Metasyntaktische Variable
    Bug-Me discussions #5

User chatter, comments, speculations and other stuff.

This thread contains whatever was moved away from the special "Bug Me" thread.

The "Bug Me" thread is special and exclusively reserved for questions to PB. All other posts are either deleted or moved here.

Here are the previous threads:
    foobar ist offline

Ranger Avatar von Andante
    i believe that minimap tell us the game world will be full of small paths between cliffs and mountains...
    Exactly, that's what we're all afraid of. No way near Risen 1, where almost all surface was reachable (sometimes only with the help of a levitation spell) and you could easily travel through the trees with no invisible barriers, but maybe Harry could tell us more about this.
    Andante ist offline Geändert von Andante (02.03.2014 um 08:23 Uhr)

Ranger Avatar von Forward
    Did they say anything about fast travel? Did they mention any ships? islands?
    Forward ist offline

Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Zitat Zitat von Forward Beitrag anzeigen
    Did they say anything about fast travel? Did they mention any ships? islands?
    There will be islands and at least short range teleportation. And yes, they hinted at ships, but nothing more than hints afaik.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

Piranha Bytes Avatar von PB_Harry
    Zitat Zitat von Andante Beitrag anzeigen
    Exactly, that's what we're all afraid of. No way near Risen 1, where almost all surface was reachable (sometimes only with the help of a levitation spell) and you could easily travel through the trees with no invisible barriers, but maybe Harry could tell us more about this.
    The level department and the story department didn't build the level/story with the minimap in mind. You`ll have a lot to explore. And remember - there will be the possibilty to swim so one barrier which was there before is already gone.
    ...da ist die Kuh erstmal vom Eis! - and that's the sound you hear when you really like a girl and find out she has a kid (by Strogenforcer)

Want to know how to break up with your girlfriend? Learn from Mastermind Jon Lajoie. Also if you want to compete with me, find me on the Battlefield . Bro, do u even praise the sun?

Visit our facebook page and get 1.000.000 liters of beer for free!!!111elf (Sorry folks just kidding)
    PB_Harry ist offline

Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Hey, Harry, glad to hear that. Can you tell us though why free climbing didn't make a comeback in R3? Also, what can you tell us about invisible walls?
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    Hey, Harry, glad to hear that. Can you tell us though why free climbing didn't make a comeback in R3? Also, what can you tell us about invisible walls?
    Good morning! Hmm, I can`t go into detail but if I compare R2 with R3 you were only able to reach the points which were climbable ... but as I said in the german forum. Having no possibility to climb up a spot doesn`t mean you are unable to reach it. So just keep that in mind .

At some points we`ll have invisible walls like every video game .
    ...da ist die Kuh erstmal vom Eis! - and that's the sound you hear when you really like a girl and find out she has a kid (by Strogenforcer)

Want to know how to break up with your girlfriend? Learn from Mastermind Jon Lajoie. Also if you want to compete with me, find me on the Battlefield . Bro, do u even praise the sun?

Visit our facebook page and get 1.000.000 liters of beer for free!!!111elf (Sorry folks just kidding)
    PB_Harry ist offline

Dragonslayer Avatar von Powaz
    I loved how in Risen you first had to use these old, badly drawn maps to get around.
    Powaz ist offline

Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Zitat Zitat von PB_Harry Beitrag anzeigen
    Good morning! Hmm, I can`t go into detail but if I compare R2 with R3 you were only able to reach the points which were climbable ... but as I said in the german forum. Having no possibility to climb up a spot doesn`t mean you are unable to reach it. So just keep that in mind .
    Uuuh, I smell a levitation spell. ;D But still, it would have been better if instead of scripting place where it was scripted that you can climb, you would have implemented free climbing and scripted the unclimbable ones, like in the Gothic series.
    That's the point, we do not expect from you a game like every video game

Zitat Zitat von Powaz Beitrag anzeigen
    I loved how in Risen you first had to use these old, badly drawn maps to get around.
    Ditto.
    Maladiq ist offline

That's the point, we do not expect from you a game like every video game

Ditto.
    Errm u do know that creating an infinite level would cost billions ;D

PB_Harry ist offline

Provinzheld Avatar von Nikolai81
    Hah, clearly the people of Essen haven't heard about clearly visible magical walls.

[Bild: 2469615-1318240168_gotika_1_gothic_1_1c_snowball_interactive_1302423946-111231.jpg]
    "Das war's mit dir, du Mistvieh!"
    "Verdammte Enten!"
    Nikolai81 ist offline

Zitat Zitat von Nikolai81 Beitrag anzeigen
    Hah, clearly the people of Essen haven't heard about clearly visible magical walls.

[Bild: 2469615-1318240168_gotika_1_gothic_1_1c_snowball_interactive_1302423946-111231.jpg]
    A magical barrier wouldn't solve any problem ^^

PB_Harry ist offline

Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Errm u do know that creating an infinite level would cost billions ;D
    Nope: Mountains, sea monsters, barriers, walls too high to be climbed. You already used them. Just stop putting invisible walls in your games. Best example of a fuck-up is the beginning of Risen 2, where you stand with the commander on top of the fortress and you can't jump. Just let me break my neck if I want to.
    Maladiq ist offline

Ranger Avatar von Forward
    Nope: Mountains, sea monsters, barriers, walls too high to be climbed. You already used them. Just stop putting invisible walls in your games. Best example of a fuck-up is the beginning of Risen 2, where you stand with the commander on top of the fortress and you can't jump. Just let me break my neck if I want to.
    "NEW PLAYERS" would not like that! just put some invisible walls, tube level design and you can always nail it with fast travel.
    Forward ist offline

Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Well, I guess PB will always sell games because they are PB and have a fan base. But they won't sell as much as they could by just making games like they used to. I am really starting to think that the first 2 Gothic games were accidental pieces of genius and not some remarkable talent. But then again Risen 1 was pretty good, it just suffered from utter laziness when it came to lore.

@ foobar: what's up with the PB sign next to this thread's name? It seems to appear only when Michael posts in a thread, but not when Harry does it. I smell a bug.
    Maladiq ist offline

I smell a bug.
    That bug is called “human factor”. The PB icon does not appear automatically because we have some magic script to do the work. I have to set it myself. Manually. Every time. And yes, sometimes I forget to set it for whatever reason. But not in this case. When I last looked into this thread, there was no PB post. Now there is, so I’ll add the icon. I cannot monitor the forum 24/7, so there will always be a delay between a PB post and the icon appearing.
    foobar ist offline

Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Zitat Zitat von foobar Beitrag anzeigen
    That bug is called “human factor”. The PB icon does not appear automatically because we have some magic script to do the work. I have to set it myself. Manually. Every time. And yes, sometimes I forget to set it for whatever reason. But not in this case. When I last looked into this thread, there was no PB post. Now there is, so I’ll add the icon. I cannot monitor the forum 24/7, so there will always be a delay between a PB post and the icon appearing.
    Oh, my bad then. I thought it was a script.

Speaking of icons, I observe the lack of a DS one in recent threads. I think we should propose someone from the forum to DS to act as an international CM. Heck I'll do the job for free, it's just painful to see the incompetence. Why don't they just give Andre the job? He's already active on the DS and WoR forums. Just send him the FB password.
    Maladiq ist offline

Speaking of icons, I observe the lack of a DS one in recent threads.
    Thread icons are like Highlander. There can be only one. Since PB already posted in all recent threads and we decided long ago that in case of conflict, developer trumps publisher, you would not see them anyway.

I think we should propose someone from the forum to DS to act as an international CM.
    There already is an international CM. His name is Maurice Tan and his username in our foum is Professor Pew. Granted, we did not see him again after his introduction almost two years ago. So maybe they changed him again (CM at DS seems to be a revolving door position). But for all I know, he should still be the international CM.
    foobar ist offline

Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Well, it's not like he forgot anything important, just the community management part... It seems like a proud German tradition tho, JW had the same habit.
    Maladiq ist offline

Forward ist offline

Seite 1 von 21 12345812 ... Letzte »