Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 5 von 21 « Erste 1234567891216 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 81 bis 100 von 413
    Warrior Avatar von The Ore Baron
    I wonder if we'll ever know who's more to blame for everything - PB or DS?
    The Ore Baron ist offline

Metasyntaktische Variable
    Put them both in a bag, tie it close and club it as hard as you can. You'll always hit the right one. I guarantee it.
    foobar ist offline

Schwertmeister Avatar von warstrike
    I don't blame anyone. I just don't have high expectations and that's all.
    I don't think they will ever deliver a game i'd like just for one simple reason : it's not the same PB as we knew ,many have left .
    warstrike ist offline

Schwertmeister Avatar von CzarnyAfgan
    So... no shields and no two handed swords... sadly this becomes ridicolous... What we will see next ? ( or better: what we will not see ? )
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline

Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    I am pretty disappointed with these answers. No levels? Only paid teachers? Swimming and diving up to 5 meters? Scripted climbing? Weird GTA like camera?

If they don't give us at least a shit-load of lore, I am going to be god damn pissed.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    I am pretty disappointed with these answers. No levels? Only paid teachers? Swimming and diving up to 5 meters? Scripted climbing? Weird GTA like camera?

If they don't give us at least a shit-load of lore, I am going to be god damn pissed.
    Yes, that's right Captain. This looks like a upgraded Risen 2 to me.
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline

I'm not expecting much out of Risen 3, but I'm sure it will at least be better than Risen 3 in general. And I'd like to think we will get a little more lore this time.

Apart from that, Afgan nailed it - it's an upgraded Risen 2. Let's prepare for some tunnel levels, click-click-click battles and towns with three houses, populated by a trader and two unnamed NPCs. Judinging by the answers provides so far, PB really does not seem to have changed much as far as gameplay goes, despite most of us throwing ragefits over these features.

Sure, they added swimming, but I'm uncertain if it will be implemented in any meaningful way. At the moment, it seems to me like a quickly added feature to calm the bumbling fans. A bone for a hungry dog, if you will. Or maybe a safeguard argument against a claim that they completely ignored our criticism.

Eh, I'm somewhat fine with it, though - Risen 2 was not a completely unpleasant experience. Still, it's a shame PB seems to have settled on mediocrity. I know they're capable of more.
    The Ore Baron ist offline Geändert von The Ore Baron (24.04.2014 um 13:52 Uhr)

Rookie Avatar von BeoWulfs
    I liked Risen 2 and an "upgraded version" will be welcomed ,sucks for those who hated it
    BeoWulfs ist offline

Metasyntaktische Variable
    Zitat Zitat von The Ore Baron Beitrag anzeigen
    I'm not expecting much out of Risen 3, but I'm sure it will at least be better than Risen 3 in general.
    So "better" is a reflexive relation for you, eh?
    foobar ist offline

Ranger Avatar von Andante
    Apart from that, Afgan nailed it - it's an upgraded Risen 2. Let's prepare for some tunnel levels, click-click-click battles and towns with three houses, populated by a trader and two unnamed NPCs. Judinging by the answers provides so far, PB really does not seem to have changed much as far as gameplay goes, despite most of us throwing ragefits over these features.
    Designers create the kind of games that they would like to play themselves. It's the same with PB, they're not the same "inspired teenagers" that created Gothic, many have left and the ones that are still there have families, less spare time, other priorities and they probably wouldn't enjoy a super free/open game that wants you to invest a lifetime, and also requires a huge deal of programming work. (I think Bjorn Pankratz has admitted this in a interview). And after all they are a relative small team.

I don't blame them, it's the natural tendency of things. And the same applies to most of their old fans...I guess most of them wouldn't have the time (and courage) to play a Gothic 3 scale game...(maybe some of us would )
    Andante ist offline

Dragonslayer Avatar von Powaz
    I'd (and believe many of us would) rather have an upgraded Risen, than an upgraded Risen 2. Now they are just fixing what is fundamentally broken, when they could throw it away and either a) go back to what worked well enough or b) build something entirely new.
    Powaz ist offline

Zitat Zitat von Andante Beitrag anzeigen
    Designers create the kind of games that they would like to play themselves.
    As opposed to what, blindly listening to fans? Well, it's not like we're asking for anything ridiculous, like customizable characters, party member romances, pets that we could train, nudity, horses or I don't know, a Devil Trigger ability that would turn Nameless into a spiked demon. I'd say our suggestions here on WoR have been pretty tame so far, and most of them are just propositions to integrate features from their earlier games. Even Afgan and his shield fetish is nothing outrageous. Can you say that PB are purposely removing these features because they're making a game they would like to play themselves? No, I'm pretty sure they would like to play a game with swimming, diving and free climbing - why else would they include these features in their first games? There must be other reasons for making the decisions they make. Like lack of financing that forces them to sacrifice these relatively useless (even if nice) features for other things, like motion capture and... uh... screen space ambient occlusion effects?

Also, is it just me, or does it seem like Jenny has a higher clearance than Harry? Half of his answers are refusals to comment further due to higher-ups holding guns to his head, so how come Jenny provided more info than any article or video is yet to give?
    The Ore Baron ist offline Geändert von The Ore Baron (24.04.2014 um 14:23 Uhr)

Dragonslayer Avatar von Powaz
    Also, is it just me, or does it seem like Jenny has a higher clearance than Harry?
    Well, she's Mrs. Pankratz after all.
    Powaz ist offline

Ranger Avatar von Andante
    Even Afgan and his shield fetish is nothing outrageous. Can you say that PB are purposely removing these features because they're making a game they would like to play themselves? No, I'm pretty sure they would like to play a game with swimming, diving and free climbing - why else would they include these features in their first games
    I guess so, if they really enjoy what they did back in the Gothic days why did they make that 360 degrees turn with Risen 2 and didn't build and improve on the first game which had most of the freedoms you're describing (free climbing, shields, 2 handed weapons, no invisible barriers, no loading zones, no mini-maps etc.) Risen 2 was a critical turning point on the way they created games and it was not a low budget project. Even Harry admits that he enjoyed R2 more than R1.

By the way sweeeet avatar...are you really that girl? (perv awakened....)
    Andante ist offline Geändert von Andante (24.04.2014 um 19:29 Uhr)

The lack of free time has nothing to do with this, they are not making games for fun, but for money, because this is their job ( actually they can have fun making their games ). The game development team should know how much hours daily they have to work in order to finish the project, so there is no excuse. There are always a loads of people who will to spend more time playing longer games - take a look at Skyrim, Witcher, Mass Effect or Dungeon Siege. PB can either make good, playable and memorable game or better stay home if they don't know how to. The life is not easy, there is more competition between game development studios nowadays, only the best will survive . With such products PB definately will not be in this group, one or two similar products more and we will se no piranha bytes anymore. Sadly.

Sorry to say, but I stopped waiting for Risen 3, huge dissapointment.

Andante wrote:

" Risen 2 was a critical turning point on the way they created games and it was not a low budget project. Even Harry admits that he enjoyed R2 more than R1. "

That could explain a lot to me and we should have expected this instead of being dissapointed - looks like old Piranha Bytes team is dead, maybe now we are just struggling with a very rest of the original team, bunch of mindless crazies who dare to call themselves "Piranha Bytes Studio"...
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline Geändert von CzarnyAfgan (24.04.2014 um 20:40 Uhr)

Zitat Zitat von Andante Beitrag anzeigen
    By the way sweeeet avatar...are you really that girl? (perv awakened....)
    Nah, not me I'd call myself The Ore Baroness in that case Note the male gender sign under my profile as well. It's just a qt3.14 azn girl I use as my avatar to give people funny feelings

Zitat Zitat von CzarnyAfgan Beitrag anzeigen
    The lack of free time has nothing to do with this, they are not making games for fun, but for money, because this is their job (actually they can have fun making their games)
    That's a very simple (though possibly correct) explanation. Still, even if that's the case, can PB really be blamed? Like Andante said, PB are no longer young nerds with zero responsibilities - they've got families to feed, clothe and educate now, and money is as relevant as ever... Really, I don't blame PB for decreased quality of their games, I'm just angry they seem to be prioritizing the wrong features... Even with their limited time, constrained budget and profit-oriented development, I'm sure they could still create a really good game. I am still hoping Risen 3 will, all things considered, be an improvement over Risen 2

The life is not easy, there is more competition between game development studios nowadays, only the best will survive.
    Could PB ever compete on level grounds with BioWare and Bethesda, though? I think these companies are playing on a higher league, and PB probably knows this. I don't know much about video game industry, but I think PB is more similar to an indie developer capability-wise, when compared to the bigger companies.

Maybe foobar or Maladiq will have something to say about this.
    The Ore Baron ist offline Geändert von The Ore Baron (24.04.2014 um 21:15 Uhr)

Btw. I don't want to cause long, multitopic argument about situation on game development industry market, I am not trying to convince anyone, I am just honestly expressing my opinion.
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline

Btw. I don't want to cause long, multitopic argument about situation on game development industry market, I am not trying to convince anyone, I am just honestly expressing my opinion.
    Would that be a problem, though? This is a discussion thread, we might as well educate each other a little bit while we're waiting for the new game The long talk about Steam and its problems was quite an interesting read.

Zitat Zitat von Jenny PB Beitrag anzeigen
    So if 3 smaller features were easier to realize than 1 large, we rather decided to choose the three little ones. Furthermore we have to consider that different features bind different staff and working hours. We are very proud that many things could be realized with Risen 3. Many of the features have been revealed yet like swimming, more different locations, a more gritty story, magic, looting and much more. I sadly can't tell you all of them now but we hope you'll be pleased and will like the result.
    There's just something strangely sincere about Jenny's way of talking. Not enough to make me blindly trust her, perhaps, but just enough to keep my hopes up.
    The Ore Baron ist offline Geändert von The Ore Baron (25.04.2014 um 00:01 Uhr)

Piranha-Bytes
    There's just something strangely sincere about Jenny's way of talking.
    Maybe that's because she's thown in her lot with us - not blindly or for the money (idiotic idea for Mrs. Pankratz to incur a concentration risk) but since she believes in what we're (we includes her) doing . Same holds for Harry btw.

Last I saw her doing yesterday was playing the game and noting what should be tuned (or fixed). Game consistently defeated her at one point, defeated a very experienced playeress who took part in designing to boot, so that part called for more tuning.
    Michael Rüve ist offline

Knight Avatar von Dez
    Just wanted to say that I really like what I'm reading here. You guys seem to be on proper track now. Just keep on doing the great work and deliver us a great rpg game!

Hopefully our critique didn't feel too harsh, but we only give it because we care about your games so much and want them to achieve their full potential!

So in other words: Best of luck and

Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)

Zitat Zitat von Jenny PB Beitrag anzeigen
    Hello everyone,
    after reading a few threads i want to explain you how we deal with your criticism. I answered this question before in a german thread and now i try to say it in english.
    After the release of Risen 2 there have been a lot of threads about the topic "That is good and that's crap." There were many different wishes and sometimes it became a little bit confusing. So we have created a list to evaluate what is really important to you and what is possibly just wanted by individuals. Then we have counted how often a feature was mentioned to prioritize them. For example : dragons are favoured by one and swimming by 20.

So we had a list of features that were obviously important to you and then we evaluated what is feasible and what is not. So if 3 smaller features were easier to realize than 1 large, we rather decided to choose the three little ones. Furthermore we have to consider that different features bind different staff and working hours. We are very proud that many things could be realized with Risen 3. Many of the features have been revealed yet like swimming, more different locations, a more gritty story, magic, looting and much more. I sadly can't tell you all of them now but we hope you'll be pleased and will like the result.
    Now we look forward to the role play convention in may. You will get more information about our game soon.
    Nighty night everyone!
    We have made many meetings and had long conversations to wrack our brains about things we can do better in Risen 3. We made longs lists with things and features that should be modified, left or added. At least Risen 3:Titan Lords is the third part of the series. But the world is more different, more open, there's more to explore and more to find. Minilocations are more individual and there are much more items to use or to use for crafting. The story is less linear and many quests just can be played if you choose the appendant faction. There are more individual quests at all. Magic is back, you can loot people, you can swim and much more. The fighting system is modified and more free. The story is dark and a little bad sometimes. Animations are made new by Motion Capture including, fight, dialogues, daily routines and monsters. Decisions have more impact to the world.
    Dez ist offline Geändert von Dez (26.04.2014 um 16:51 Uhr)

Seite 5 von 21 « Erste 1234567891216 ... Letzte »