Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 4 von 21 « Erste 123456781115 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 61 bis 80 von 413
    Warrior Avatar von The Ore Baron
    Did PB ever disclose any information on the game that became Risen? Like, was it originally a direct sequel to Gothic, and if so, what would the story have been about?
    The Ore Baron ist offline

Metasyntaktische Variable
    Zitat Zitat von The Ore Baron Beitrag anzeigen
    Did PB ever disclose any information on the game that became Risen? Like, was it originally a direct sequel to Gothic, and if so, what would the story have been about?
    Ralf Marcinczik once released a storyboard with concept arts for a possible intro that was made during a very early phase of the project that would later become Risen. It shows how the basic idea was taken from the Adanos ending Gothic 3. The gods are gone (because the Gothic NH banned them from the world) and in their stead, something else rose up and caused trouble.

But you have to keep in mind that it was not really Risen about which we are talking. Or to be more precise: Not that Risen which was actually published. Usually, when a project is nearing its completion, certain departments of the developer are already working on possible next projects. Their work on the current project is already done (e.g. nobody needs concepts artworks anymore when it's all already implemented) and you cannot afford to pay them for just twiddling their thumbs.

So when G3 was about done, parts of the team were already working on something that might turn into Gothic 4. And obviously, they started where G3 had left off, after the banishment of the gods. Then PB had its little... disagreement with Jowood and went looking for a new publisher. Whom they found in Deep Silver. And since it was legally disputed at that time who had the rights for a Gothic 4, it was decided to make a new franchise that had nothing to do with Gothic. Basically, they removed everything that was linked to Gothic and broke it down to only a few core ideas (gods gone, something else taking their place making problems, a guy with a ruby ocular etc.) which they then wove into a completely new story arc.

Unfortunately, they never really bothered with filling up all the holes created by removing Gothic references (like why the gods are gone, etc.)
    foobar ist offline Geändert von foobar (18.04.2014 um 00:32 Uhr) Grund: typo

A collective question for both PB representatives and forum moderators.
    *sigh* First, I had to remove a portion of your text because it was a violation of out terms of use. Next time, I'll just delete the entire post because if you have to ask something on a topic that sensitive, it's your damn job to make sure you stay on the ground of the ToS.

So I'll repeat what the official policy of the WoP is:
    • You are not to post pirated copies here
    • You are not to post links to pirated copies here
    • You are not to post information on pirated copies here (like how to get them, etc.)
    • You are not to promote piracy in any way (including, but not limited to, admitting to doing it yourself)
    • You can talk about piracy on a hypothetical level. You may theorise and discuss the matter generally.
    • But if you do have to talk about it, make sure you keep it within the confines set above. Toeing the line is something you do on your own risk.

For the record: Yes, we know that piracy exists. What you do in your own four wall, that's between you and your local law enforcement. But don't bring it here. We have enough problems to deal with and don't need the kind of trouble that can bring.
    foobar ist offline Geändert von foobar (17.04.2014 um 23:54 Uhr) Grund: typo

Warrior Avatar von Morgannin09
    In Gothic 4, Nameless Hero was called Rhobar III, and new protagonist became the new Nameless.

In Risen 3, what will the old Nameless Hero be called now that there is a new protagonist? Steelbeard II? The Captain? Titan Slayer?
    I'm banking on them calling him something like the Old Hero, or something. I feel like the game might take place years after Risen 2, so he'll probably be a fair bit older (Risen 2 was already 10 years after Risen).
    YouTube channel for Let's Plays and shenanigans: https://www.youtube.com/c/Morgannin
    Morgannin09 ist offline

Zitat Zitat von foobar Beitrag anzeigen
    What you do in your own four wall, that's between you and your local law enforcement. But don't bring it here. We have enough problems to deal with and don't need the kind of trouble that can bring.
    Won't happen again, sarge. Sorry for causing a disturbance, should've seen it coming.

Thanks for the info on the pre-Risen project, by the way. Never saw the storyboards before.

Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Never saw the storyboards before.
    Here you go:

http://www.comixfactory.de/?go=gallery&id=12&page=5
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

Ralf Marcinczik once released a storyboard...
    Good morning!
    foobar ist offline

Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Good morning!
    Oh, my bad , missed it since the colour of the link is pretty close to the rest of the text. Damn integrated links, that's why I usually post the full URL.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

Fighter Avatar von AshleyG
    In Gothic 4, Nameless Hero was called Rhobar III, and new protagonist became the new Nameless.

In Risen 3, what will the old Nameless Hero be called now that there is a new protagonist? Steelbeard II? The Captain? Titan Slayer?

In Gothic 3 Nameless was still nameless. Somewhere in the news I read that in Risen 3 the hero is still called nameless.

Besides, that bag of old used dirty poo-moth poo spawned by a bankrupt evil society you call Gothic 4 is a joke, and wasn't even made by Piranha Bytes. They have nothing to do with this catastrophic horror !
    AshleyG ist offline

Zitat Zitat von AshleyG Beitrag anzeigen
    In Gothic 3 Nameless was still nameless.
    Well, yes, of course he was, since he was still the protagonist. He did not need a new name.

Zitat Zitat von AshleyG Beitrag anzeigen
    Besides, that bag of old used dirty poo-moth poo spawned by a bankrupt evil society you call Gothic 4 is a joke, and wasn't even made by Piranha Bytes. They have nothing to do with this catastrophic horror !
    That's just, like, your opinion, man. And it does not negate the question - I was merely using G4 as an example of a nameless protagonist becoming a named NPC.

Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    2. Will there be trainers who don't ask for money? I am sick of paying for that.
    I actually didn't hate this idea. While PB's MO has always been to require learning points for every skill you learn, I did actually find it silly that you couldn't learn how to pick pockets until you killed a few more wolves, for example. For me, it cut into the immersiveness (I don't think that's a word), and it made more sense that you could just get someone to teach you, and obviously they would expect some recompense for their time. However, after four games that played that way, I got used to it, and I can understand why the change to Risen 2's system was unwelcome. They should have attempted it with a new title instead of a sequel to a game that used the old system.
    YouTube channel for Let's Plays and shenanigans: https://www.youtube.com/c/Morgannin
    Morgannin09 ist offline

Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    I think that there should be certain skills and perks you can only train for XP, and others that you can only train for gold. Some perks that can be taught for gold OR xp, depending if you find the right teacher, and some skills that require both cash and xp.

Same goes for teachers. If a trainer usually teaches you for gold, after you do him a favour or join his camp he should teach you for free.

Let's say you meet a hunter. He asks you for 10 xp and 200 gold to teach you +10 archery. If you go hunting with him and kill the big bad wolves, he would say "I think you are experienced enough for me to be your teacher" and only ask for 200 gold. Or let's say you do him a favour, you save his life or find his long lost bow. Then he would only ask for XP. If you do both quests he would tell you "well, you have 2 free lessons from me, I'll teach you anything you want" and demand neither XP, nor gold.
    Maladiq ist offline

Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    I think that there should be certain skills and perks you can only train for XP, and others that you can only train for gold. Some perks that can be taught for gold OR xp, depending if you find the right teacher, and some skills that require both cash and xp.

Same goes for teachers. If a trainer usually teaches you for gold, after you do him a favour or join his camp he should teach you for free.

Let's say you meet a hunter. He asks you for 10 xp and 200 gold to teach you +10 archery. If you go hunting with him and kill the big bad wolves, he would say "I think you are experienced enough for me to be your teacher" and only ask for 200 gold. Or let's say you do him a favour, you save his life or find his long lost bow. Then he would only ask for XP. If you do both quests he would tell you "well, you have 2 free lessons from me, I'll teach you anything you want" and demand neither XP, nor gold.
    That... is actually a good idea.
    Morgannin09 ist offline

Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Imma just gonna leave this here...

[Bild: ab5mDLr_460s.jpg]
    Maladiq ist offline

Demigod Avatar von Dino
    ^The Activision one is hilarious
    Dino ist offline

Schwertmeister Avatar von CzarnyAfgan
    Haha! And where is the Piranha Bytes ?
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline

Ritter Avatar von [>Silverback<]
    Zitat Zitat von CzarnyAfgan Beitrag anzeigen
    Haha! And where is the Piranha Bytes ?
    Piranha Bytes is not a publisher.

If they were on that list the sentence could read:
    We know what you want. But we neither have enough staff nor enough money.
    - Macht's gut und danke für den Fisch. -
    ~ Phynkchen alias [>Silverback<] ~

Or they could add Deep Silver.

"We know what you want. Here's half of it for $50, and the other half in six $5 pieces!"
    Morgannin09 ist offline

Ehrengarde Avatar von Phael
    Deep Silver: "We know what you want. But let's take a look at what the other publishers are doing."
    Alternatively: "We know what you want better than you do."
    Phael ist offline

Provinzheld Avatar von Nikolai81
    Piranha Bytes: "We know what you want, but we'd rather kill ourselves than write any lore, and consistency is overrated, so you'll have to make due without those. Here, have some gunpowder, that'll make you feel better. Now we're going to spend our lore-writing-time watching soccer."
    "Das war's mit dir, du Mistvieh!"
    "Verdammte Enten!"
    Nikolai81 ist offline Geändert von Nikolai81 (21.04.2014 um 19:23 Uhr)

Seite 4 von 21 « Erste 123456781115 ... Letzte »