Seite 2 von 21 « Erste 123456913 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 21 bis 40 von 413
    Knight Commander Avatar von Demonium

i wish there was a like button...^
    Demonium ist offline

Warrior Avatar von André Feroi
    Zitat Zitat von Michael Rüve Beitrag anzeigen
    Zitat Zitat von André Feroi Beitrag anzeigen
    OK understood: marketing decided that the topic is still top secret.
    But in which languages will "top secret" be translated in the game (orally and in written) ?
    Nope, got nothing to do with marketing but with producing and contracts. Those localizations are not done by us or even Deep Silver but local distribution partners. If they decide it's worthwile to do then it's done (keep in mind that for a RPG this is far more expensive than for a shooter or a strategy game). Also there can be a full localization (voice + text) or text only.

Obviously English and German will always be there for any Piranha Bytes game.
    Beyond that it's an economic decision. The engine can even do Japanese (as already proven by Risen 2 - this version was released far later than the English one), so it's not a matter of technics.
    Thanks for the explanation. Actually more interesting than the answer to the question itself (IMHO).
    BTW, I always play my first game in EN/EN (maximum immersion) but the top of the top is when you can independly chose for the next games the language for the voice (different atmospheres) and the subtitles (to still understand what is going on).
    André Feroi ist offline

Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Zitat Zitat von CzarnyAfgan Beitrag anzeigen
    We have already talked about climbing. But what about jumping??? Will the player be avaliable to jump everywhere as it was in Risen 1 ?
    No, scripted climbing. But they say to a larger extent.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

Knight Avatar von catalinux
    Zitat Zitat von Nikolai81 Beitrag anzeigen
    Will any of the characters from the NSDAP make an appearance in Risen 3?
    NSDAP, the Party?
    catalinux ist offline

Provinzheld Avatar von Nikolai81
    Zitat Zitat von catalinux Beitrag anzeigen
    NSDAP, the Party?
    Yes, well the Blackguard faction from Germania. It'd be interesting to see the charming esoteric fellow with the glasses, or perhaps the clubfooted fellow with the high persuade score.
    "Das war's mit dir, du Mistvieh!"
    "Verdammte Enten!"
    Nikolai81 ist offline

Warrior Avatar von Morgannin09
    Zitat Zitat von catalinux Beitrag anzeigen
    1. Will Risen 3 use the FPS Camera (Gothic 1, Gothic 2, Risen) style, or the system from Risen 2?

2. Will Risen 3 use the cutscenes as in Risen 2?
    They've already said it's a free camera. Likely a deliberate design to make it easier to adapt to a controller format.
    YouTube channel for Let's Plays and shenanigans: https://www.youtube.com/c/Morgannin
    Morgannin09 ist offline

Zitat Zitat von Michael Rüve Beitrag anzeigen
    Yeah, especially since I'm sure our Polish fans would absolutely love it. And of course we'll put Iosseb Bessarionis dse Dschughaschwili in as well
    Ack, there goes my entirely sincere hopes and dreams of a Pirate Hitler character. Arrr mate'heil. Incidentally, the other butcher's name, 'Iosseb Bessarionis dse Dschughaschwili', nearly sounds Cthulhu'esque... it just needs a bit of 'ftagn' and a few apostrophes in there. Imagine Io'ssefh Btessrh'ftiro'nis dse Dsch'ugh'atagn'chwileh as a ancient titan of the sea (his waters would be red with blood heh), locked in mortal combat against Dread Pirate Hitler and his motley crew of skull-emblazoned-armband-toting blackguards. There isn't enough evil versus evil in the world... well actually there is.

I'll just stop now.
    "Verdammte Enten!"
    Nikolai81 ist offline Geändert von Nikolai81 (25.03.2014 um 23:58 Uhr)

Warrior Avatar von Morgannin09
    Zitat Zitat von CzarnyAfgan Beitrag anzeigen
    Piranha Bytes - can you explain us how is it possible, that there is NO single trailer at four months before game official release ???

Example of very bad marketing.
    Marketing is generally the publisher's responsibility, exclusively. If Deep Silver wants to keep all details locked up for the time being, then PB can do nothing to promote their own title without risking some kind of breach of contract, I'm sure.
    If Piranha had the capacity to publish their own game, I'm sure they'd gladly do that, and their marketing strategy would probably be a lot more sensible.

My suspicion is that Deep Silver lost their nerve after their (comparatively) expensive marketing campaign for Risen 2, and the game ended up being a commercial disappointment. It's likely that they don't expect Risen 3 to benefit from a lot of marketing. Save money on marketing, and hope that the game can sell itself, sort of like the first Risen did. I can't blame them, but I do think that this is a bit much. And, as usual, the lack of international exposure is excruciating, almost to the point of insulting - so far all we have is an article in a German-only magazine, which thankfully we have enough multilingual community members eager to translate it for us.
    YouTube channel for Let's Plays and shenanigans: https://www.youtube.com/c/Morgannin
    Morgannin09 ist offline

Metasyntaktische Variable
    Zitat Zitat von Morgannin09 Beitrag anzeigen
    My suspicion is that Deep Silver lost their nerve after their (comparatively) expensive marketing campaign for Risen 2, and the game ended up being a commercial disappointment.
    I see it more as a natural progression of the previous “marketing efforts” (I shall, from now on, use that and similar terms without the quotes for sake of typing speed, but do not make the mistake of thinking they would not belong there as well).

You see, Deep Silver has several rather... interesting notions about good marketing. They believe that if they stick to these notions, then customers will storm the stores on release day as if they were selling the antidote during an outbreak of a zombie virus.

These marketing concepts, as far as I have been able to deduce them from their behaviour, are:

1. You have to meticulously plan your entire campaign down to the last screenshot. And then stick to that plan no matter what! If unforeseen developments require you to adapt, ignore them instead and stick to the plan. Remember that urban legend about the woman who drove into the harbour basin because her GPS system told her to “turn left now”? That’s Deep Silver with their plan!
    2. Your customers have the attention span of a goldfish. So once you start feeding them information, you have to keep feeding them information within regular intervals. Otherwise, they’ll forget about your product completely and all previous efforts are wasted.
    3. But do not feed them too much at once. You do not want to sate them! Keep them guessing and hungry for more. That will raise excitement and tension, which will climax in a big collective shopping orgasm on release day!
    4. Always be able to top your last piece of information. Like in an action move. First the gunfight, then the helicopter crash. Not the other way around. So if you release the CGI trailer, you can’t go back to lame screenshots. Then you have lost the screenshots as a way to awe the community.
    5. Make sure you never run out of marketing material. This one is actually tricky, because you obviously do not want to spoil to much of the main story. But since PB games aren’t exactly gifted with a rich background lore (from which you could theoretically draw almost infinite, non-spoiling marketing information), you have to ration what little info there is.

Add it all up and you’ll see that the current marketing is the only marketing that DS can come up with. It wasn’t really that much different with R2 or R1. Just less rigid. It’s more like a natural development. Like, after R2, people at the marketing department held a meeting that was opened with: “Ok, people, the marketing for R2 was pretty good. But we did not sell the one million units we originally aimed for. Obviously¹, we did not follow the dogmas strictly enough. So let’s all brainstorm about what we could do better next time to fix that.

¹ At that point, you might be tempted to ask if there could be other reasons for that failed sales goal. For example, that the game more or less completely ignored what the community wanted. Or that there is no clear concept of the franchise/IP itself. Or if the marketing dogmas themselves may perhaps need some adjustments. But if you have to ask that, then you have a brain. Which means you don’t belong in marketing and thus, were not at that meeting.
    foobar ist offline Geändert von foobar (04.04.2014 um 10:54 Uhr) Grund: typo

Knight Avatar von Dez
    Not releasing a trailer or even a teaser during the launch was imo a wasted opportunity. Piranha bytes had the attention of every gaming press and if a picture is worth of thousands words, how many words is a video worth?

And I don't get their fixation of sticking to german press all the time. I mean I get that they wanted to give first previews to german press. After all Germany is the most important market to them. That being said, why not offer few interviews for english media such as pc gamer or Rock, paper, shotgun?
    Dez ist offline

I remember Deep Silver used the band Nightwish to promote the first Risen game. It seemed a bit random to me, because their music didn't seem to suit the Caribbean setting of Risen at all; at least not nearly as well as In Extremo's music suited the Germanic setting of Gothic. In any case it'll be interesting to see if they choose to work with any bands for Risen 3. Now that Risen is heading into a more Germanic setting I'd love to hear some quality medieval metal in it.

Perhaps Jack the lighthouse keeper has hired the band Subway to Sally to perform their Seemannslied at his lighthouse each night.

[Video]
    "Verdammte Enten!"
    Nikolai81 ist offline Geändert von Nikolai81 (30.03.2014 um 22:38 Uhr)

Warrior Avatar von The Ore Baron
    Which lighthouse keeper would be victorious in this fight?
    Wasn't there Jack the lighthouse keeper in the harbor town of Faranga, too?
    The Ore Baron ist offline

Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Zitat Zitat von The Ore Baron Beitrag anzeigen
    Maybe it is a TNA match?
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

You're right, ack how could I forget! Apparently it's time for me to replay the first Risen. When I tried to remember if there was a Jack there, I thought to myself 'no, Harbour Town had a prison where the lighthouse was supposed to be'. I remember Jack's chest and the telekinese spell for the key now, though. I've updated the arena to have five corners.
    "Verdammte Enten!"
    Nikolai81 ist offline

I've updated the arena to have five corners.
    I wonder if the arena is now pentagon- or pentagram-shaped

I wonder if the arena is now pentagon- or pentagram-shaped
    An insightful question!

The arena is in the shape of a pentagram. Once the fifth Jack has fully materialized (with the release of Risen 3), the five lighthouse keepers will position themselves by each point of the pengagram and commence a grand ritual, which will bind the Gothic and Risen universes together once and for all. The lighthouse keepers are uniquely imbued with the power to do so, as they exist through time and space and have the power of clear sight. Once the Gothic and Risen universes have been bound into one integrated, consistent universe, a fight to the death shall commence. Each Jack will engage in this, Highlander-style, until only a single legendary lighthouse keeper remains. There can be only one. The victor shall erect a towering lighthouse which penetrates the skies, as monument to his enormous manhood.
    "Verdammte Enten!"
    Nikolai81 ist offline Geändert von Nikolai81 (04.04.2014 um 20:26 Uhr)

Each Jack will engage in this, Highlander-style, until only a single legendary lighthouse keeper remains. There can be only one. The victor shall erect a towering lighthouse which penetrates the skies, as monument to his enormous manhood.
    You're killing me, Nikolai

Ranger Avatar von Forward
    it seems like piranhas are trying to steal our money with that "back to the roots"
    Forward ist offline

Schwertmeister Avatar von warstrike
    Zitat Zitat von Forward Beitrag anzeigen
    it seems like piranhas are trying to steal our money with that "back to the roots"
    Not really. It could have different meanings.
    warstrike ist offline

Zitat Zitat von PB_Harry Beitrag anzeigen
    Long time ago, in a far german state there was a Harry who used to reply all the questions ...
    Indeed, I too remember Harry Giese. Well, at least he narrated replies (to the Jewish question).

Zitat Zitat von PB_Harry Beitrag anzeigen
    You want to trick me, don't you?
    I'll get you next time, Harry, mark my words! I'll get you next time!
    "Verdammte Enten!"
    Nikolai81 ist offline

Seite 2 von 21 « Erste 123456913 ... Letzte »