Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 21 von 21 « Erste ... 10141718192021
Ergebnis 401 bis 413 von 413
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Zitat Zitat von catalinux Beitrag anzeigen
    (lesbian / gay man trapped in a woman's body)

Nah, that would be too gimmicky. Maybe bisexual, so the player can choose his own gameplay. It would be interesting to see cathouses with male prostitutes xD

But yes, having a female protagonist would be amazing.

BUT PLEASE, PLEASE PB, stop over-sexualizing the women in your game. Risen 2 and 3 were horrible. Patty was not sexy, she was a cheap freak.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

Warrior Avatar von The Ore Baron
    Germany, yes! We need more games with strong, independent womyn of colour who don't need no man!

Nothing against female protagonists, but there have been very few actually well-written ones. And making a female protag that is not as conventional as the liberal media would like them to be is walking on a very thin ice... I doubt PB would risk that.

I say scrap the idea altogether and stick with PB knows best - sarcastic and crass male characters. There's been a lack of these as well, lately.

I will agree with the part about overtly sexualising Patty. I like Patty being sexy or even having large breasts, but come on, her bosom in R3 was just comical to look at. Plenty of ways to make sexy girls without making them look ridiculous
    The Ore Baron ist offline

Knight Avatar von catalinux
    Jenny already said that there are very bad women in the new game. So maybe this time we will see at least one female with an important role in the game.

I can't remember any bad woman in the other PB games. Cassia wasn't really bad, the others were either prostitutes, wives or merchants. And Patty was a treasure hunter.

It's time for a vicious female leader!
    catalinux ist offline

World of Elex  Avatar von Ravenhearth
    Mara was evil, but forgettable.
    Ravenhearth ist offline

Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Zitat Zitat von The Ore Baron Beitrag anzeigen
    And making a female protag that is not as conventional as the liberal media would like them to be is walking on a very thin ice... I doubt PB would risk that.
    Liberal media? Really?

Problem solved:

Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

Warrior Avatar von The Ore Baron
    Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    Liberal media? Really?
    An umbrella term. In the context I used it, I meant the majority of game news and reviews websites that have a tendency to throw tantrums over everything that they consider 'triggering' and 'wrong'. I won't go into details, you're either aware of this sort of degeneracy, or you're an ignorant beta cuck and deserve nothing better. For our both sakes, I hope you're the former, though it doesn't seem that way, since you chose GRRM of all people to represent the noteworthy and respectable portrayal of females in fantasy settings. You're just a walking bundle of irony, Maladiq.

Look, I'm not looking to get into a fight, but I wasn't just going to let your snide remarks slide. We've had our differences before and we both know we're not going to change each other's views, so I suggest we drop it.
    The Ore Baron ist offline

Sometimes we are all lost in translation.
    catalinux ist offline

Knight Avatar von Ariogaisus
    @TheOreBaron
    You sound like you're from based 8chan, correct?
    Regarding female characters, why shouldn't we let PB do what they do best, NHs that we can somewhat identify with. I'd feel out of place playing Risen 4 as a female character.
    I'm willing to bet that the Euro-RPG demographic is aimed towards males more than anything.

something something internalized misogyny soggy knees
    Ariogaisus ist offline Geändert von Ariogaisus (26.06.2015 um 20:21 Uhr)

Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    *Sigh*

Ok, let me explain why I find the term "liberal media" to be silly.

First of, it is a term coined and used by fanatic conservatives in regard to any publishing entity which happens to support a liberal view. Though the terminology might be true, it's meaning is derogatory. A good example of a similar situation is the abbreviation "Jap". On it's own, it wouldn't do any harm, like the citizens of the USA are frequently called "Americans", again an abbreviation. However, the historical context of the usage gives it its slanderous nature. It's ok to call someone "black", but it's not ok to call him a "negro". Again, context of past usage. The term "liberal media" has never been used in a positive context.

Now, it is true that there are certain idiots out there who are fanatics to certain ideas, such as feminism, but nobody takes those seriously, and they are far from the idea of anything "liberal" or "libertarian". Fanaticism is the exact opposite.

There are only two ways Piranha Bytes could tackle a female protagonist: a good way, and a bad way.

Media success is not necessarily a sign of proper portrayal: for any critically acclaimed Furiosa (Mad Max Fury Road), there is a Niki Minaj (Anaconda is basically a song about her sleeping with a bunch of guys so they buy her things).

Let's look at female sexuality. How in the name of Innos would Patty be able to fight and do demanding physical activities with those melons on her chest? It is ridiculous. Her breasts are her only personality trait in R2 and 3. But that doesn't mean a female character should be kept away from sex. It's just that it only needs context.

Bad example: Pamela Anderson in Barb Wire. No, her breasts are not a trait of her empowerment, she is just a walking hole in that movie.

Good example: Angelina Jolie in Mr. and Mrs. Smith.

If PB write a female character in a "human" way, as GRRM said, then it is all great. The most females I remember from Gothic are: sex slaves, housewives, abused wife, cook.

There were a few exceptions, but they never dared go too far with them. Here they are and what I would have done with them.

There was Cassia in G2, but she didn't do anything besides being called a leader. I would have introduced a plot in which she constantly smuggles good into town to feed the poor, while at the same time encouraging full war between mercs and militia. And after they finish with each other, the poor (now armed), rise against the winner and take control of the whole island, while she becomes the queen of the Independent Kingdom of Khorinis.

There was Rachel in Risen, which was awesome because she took the job of being a leader upon herself. But noo, she still has to cook for the men and can't get anything done without the hero's help. I would have gone on another road: sure, everything went straight to shit in the camp, but only because she is too busy gathering information on the Inquisition through a vast network of spies, planned and coordinated the attacks, while also negotiating with the Inquisitor through back-channels.

Also in Risen, it was Patty. Patty was awesome, except for the fact that she just HAD to be saved by the hero.

Come on, PB, please try and write some proper females into your games.

Ah, and if you are going to give us female villains, don't you dare write them in a cliche way, like Fish Mooney is in Gotham. And I mean it!
    Maladiq ist offline

Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Zitat Zitat von Ariogaisus Beitrag anzeigen
    Regarding female characters, why shouldn't we let PB do what they do best, NHs that we can somewhat identify with. I'd feel out of place playing Risen 4 as a female character.
    I'm willing to bet that the Euro-RPG demographic is aimed towards males more than anything.

something something internalized misogyny soggy knees
    You are kidding, right? Or are you not confident in your masculinity?

Truth is, guys never minded playing as girl characters: Blood Rayne, Tomb Raider, The Longest Journey, Syberia, just to name a few. Hell, half of the WoW players play as female It's not about how the sex of the character, it's about how it's done. The only reason why I suggest the female protagonist is because it would open new narrative possibilities to the game designers and story writers.
    Maladiq ist offline

Local Hero
    Well, there is sort of a precedent for a Gothic female character from the absolutely fabulous mod "Velaya"

I don't usually play a female even it is a normal choice but Velaya was near perfect and I find that some of my fondest G2 memories are actually from that mod. If you're a Gothic fan (probably everyone here) and haven't played it, maybe it's worth firing up G2 one more time while we're waiting for news.
    fragonard ist offline

Zitat Zitat von fragonard Beitrag anzeigen
    Well, there is sort of a precedent for a Gothic female character from the absolutely fabulous mod "Velaya"

I don't usually play a female even it is a normal choice but Velaya was near perfect and I find that some of my fondest G2 memories are actually from that mod. If you're a Gothic fan (probably everyone here) and haven't played it, maybe it's worth firing up G2 one more time while we're waiting for news.
    Velaya is a good example. Right from the beginning of the mod, she is determined to prove something. She has a goal, and this time it's not about saving the world. The story is something fresh, the lines are good, and sometimes funny. One of my all time favourite mod. A must play for all Gothic fans, available in German, English, Polish, Italian... and maybe more.
    catalinux ist offline

Metasyntaktische Variable
    This thread has reached its post limit and is therefore closed.

Please continue here: https://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?t=1439791

§CLOSED
    foobar ist offline

Seite 21 von 21 « Erste ... 10141718192021