Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Ergebnis 1 bis 5 von 5
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Schwertmeister Avatar von CzarnyAfgan
    Hey - there is some problem, that does not allow me to sleep well - as some of you know - script_extensions.dll have an option to create new layers, when new layer and new sector file are created, the World.wrl and World.wrldatasc files are being overwritten, as they are ( correct me if I am wrong ) some sort of source for game engine, that indicate which files have to be loaded when the game is starting up.

The problem is... Only one type of World.wrl and World.wrldatasc can be used simultaneously - that means - when I create a new layer and it's assigned to World.wrldatasc ( let's call it World.wrldatasc#1 ) , so when I create new layer, assign mod entities to my new layer everything is fine. But! When I have to uninstall Risen, and I install it again, some completely new, clean World.wrldatasc file is created ( let's call it World.wrldatasc#2 ). Sooo - when I want to create new layer, that I have copy back the World.wrldatasc#1 created before and assign another new layer to it.

Untill this moment everything seems fine, but what if I want to use two mods ( one that I have created long time ago ) and each one of them uses separate World.wrldatasc file! Let's explain this more easily: I have PlayerHouse mod, that has it's own World.wrldatasc file, because house data is assigned to some .lrent file, that I have created long ago. When I activate PlayerHouse mod with it's own World.wrldatasc, my other mods which use their own World.wrldatasc files - stop working, they are no longer visible.

So it looks like only one World.wrldatasc file can be used simultaneously ?

Let's look this way: If modder A want's to share a mod, that uses new created layer with his World.wrldatasc ( A ) , then we will not be able to use any other mod, from modder B, that uses custom created layers, and another World.wrldatasc ( B ). ?

The one million dollar question is:

How to force the game to load simultaneously many various, new-user created layers, with their own World.wrldatasc files ?
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline Geändert von CzarnyAfgan (18.02.2014 um 14:46 Uhr)

2. #2 Zitieren
    Legende Avatar von JFaron
    The problem is well known and not limited to the world. (Have a look at quests and infos for instance )

There are multiple ways of fixing this issue. However, nobody has seriously considered working on this, I guess, since it hasn't been necessary at all. One possibility would be to ask LordOfWar, if he'd be able to integrate something in RMDS, that manages these files.
    Another possibility, that just plopped into my mind, would be a compatibility-library. One could mark a single file (xyz_compiled_infos.bin) or a whole archive (xyz_projects.pak) and a universal library distributed by a mod's author could probably read in the original and the modded files. I consider this approach better, because the whole thing doesn't require any other tools, which may keep the overview.

Maybe someone could actually say, if that would be possible. At this point, Czarny, there is only one approach: If such incompatibility would ouccur, try to not release a thousand small mods, but a large one.
    JFaron ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von JFaron Beitrag anzeigen
    Another possibility, that just plopped into my mind, would be a compatibility-library. One could mark a single file (xyz_compiled_infos.bin) or a whole archive (xyz_projects.pak) and a universal library distributed by a mod's author could probably read in the original and the modded files. I consider this approach better, because the whole thing doesn't require any other tools, which may keep the overview.
    Can I ask you for a bit more detailled explanation ?
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren
    Legende Avatar von JFaron
    How could I? Such a system doesn't exist, it's just been an idea
    JFaron ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren
    aaahhh okay
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline