Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Ergebnis 1 bis 13 von 13
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Schwertmeister Avatar von CzarnyAfgan
    Hi. I am wondering which game file is being overwritten when Risen Custom Font Installed is run http://www.worldofrisen.de/download_62.htm. I mean risen has to have some file , that contains game font. I ask because I want to create a mod, that replaces Risen font with original Gothic Notr font.

???
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline

2. #2 Zitieren
    Okay, I got it - it's under Risen/data/common/gui2/fonts/ QUORUMM.ttf

I have replaced the font, but I cannot force game engine to load my font, even if I place my own font file in the exactly same place and rename it to "QUORUMM"...

There is also some file called compiledfonts.bin ( under library.PAK ) - but I don't know how to edit it

Can somebody help me with this ? Maybe JFaron - I have spotted, that he has succesfully replaced a font in his Risen Anti Aliasing mod

http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...t-1136830.html
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Legende Avatar von JFaron
    I've never done such a mod, sorry. (Lorn is the author of the mod you linked )

However, I remember someone asked for that before. Its probably somewhere here in the forum
    JFaron ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren
    Ritter
    raw/gui2/fonts?
    [Bild: dtc_sig.jpg]

Harald Iken: Überhaupt sollte man als Spieleentwickler das Wort "einfach" oder noch besser "mal eben" aus seinem Wortschatz streichen.
    Kuchenschlachter ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren
    Kuchi - did you mean common/gui2/fonts?

I just wrote to Lorn, maybe he could help me.
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline

6. #6 Zitieren
    Legende Avatar von JFaron
    He meant what I wrote. Try exporting the fonts using ScriptLibrary.
    JFaron ist offline

7. #7 Zitieren
    Okay, fonts library already exported. I have eight text files there with .xfnt extensions ( i opened them with notepad ). Looks like every one of them defines size and type of the font used in certain part of game - but I have no hell idea how to force game to load my font. I have chosen a Tahoma font for the tests and I change the FaceName="Tahoma" in every file, but that makes no effect...

Like the Americans used to say... SHIT
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline

8. #8 Zitieren
    Drachentöter Avatar von |Lorn|
    There's a tool here somewhere. Ah yes, here it is. It's easier to do it with that tool. Just select a font and it should create the necessary files for Risen to load it.
    |Lorn| ist offline

9. #9 Zitieren
    Lorn - yeah, I know that already - I just want to make it in a form of mod to share with others.

So could you help me with that ?
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline

10. #10 Zitieren
    Drachentöter Avatar von |Lorn|
    Oh right, sorry. Well the tool should create two folders. One in data/common (gui2) where the actual font is being copied to and one in data/compiled (library). Just pack both of them in paks (.p0x) and you should be good to go.
    |Lorn| ist offline

11. #11 Zitieren
    Okay, I will try it, thanks.

Edit: I have tried it and I think it's pointless, looks like that CustomFontInstaller places one gui2 file into data/common , but this file is not enough ( so it there must be also some other file, that I cannot find ). I could write to Lord of War and ask him how the programm exactly works, but now I think, that my idea is pointless. I dropped the idea, I will just upload two version of fonts to choose from, with simple tutorial how to install them.
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline Geändert von CzarnyAfgan (09.02.2014 um 15:25 Uhr)

12. #12 Zitieren
    Neuling
    hi how did you open compiled_fonts what program you use i want to change font size of game Risen
    Gegham ist offline

13. #13 Zitieren
    Ritter
    You don't open compiled_fints.bin. Risen can export the content of this and similar files as human readable files through Script_library.dll. Search Script_library i hope the description is in english.
    The command you are looking for is "library export fonts".
    [Bild: dtc_sig.jpg]

Harald Iken: Überhaupt sollte man als Spieleentwickler das Wort "einfach" oder noch besser "mal eben" aus seinem Wortschatz streichen.
    Kuchenschlachter ist offline