Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Ergebnis 1 bis 5 von 5
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Rookie
    Greetings,

I have been searching but have yet to find a solution to my problem. I have an AMD 8-core cpu, 16gb of ram, a Radeon 7900 series card (single, no crossfire), & Windows 7 64-bit. Everything is up-to-date & other games run fine (except for Fallout: New Vegas which has been slightly herky-jerky in some areas). I am getting 10-20 FPS in Risen 2. I have been trying options in Radeonpro. I have been busy with life so it has been frustrating researching the issue. The situation makes me want to pretend that Risen 2 doesn't exist and just replay Gothic I & II, & the original Risen which are masterpieces.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

-Quietus
    Quietus ist offline

2. #2 Zitieren

Metasyntaktische Variable
    Please post the diagnostic files mentioned in the thread with the title "READ THIS BEFORE POSTING!" (3rd post).
    foobar ist gerade online

3. #3 Zitieren
    Rookie
    I have attached the files. I had to compress msinfo32.txt because it wouldn't let me upload it as it was 1.28mb. Thank you for your help!
    Angehängte Dateien
    Quietus ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren

Metasyntaktische Variable
    Hm. Well, I cannot really point at something and say: "There's your problem!" But I can take a long stick and poke in the dark.

• First, you should make sure that you really have the most recent mainboard firmware (aka BIOS), see the FAQ for problems with AMD FX platforms.
    • Then, check if you are really using your video card. Most AMD CPUs also have an integrated GPU and a corresponding port at the back of the PC. So make sure that your monitor is connected to the video card and not the mainboard. Then disable the on-board graphics completely (if only for testing purposes). There's a KB article by AMD that explains the details.
    • I also noticed some crashes of other games in your error log. They all died with exception 0xc0000005 (basically a memory access gone wrong). It may not be related but you may want to check it out. The corresponding FAQ for Risen 1 is rather generic so you can use it for Risen 2 as well.
    • Furthermore, it might help to monitor your GPU temperature while playing (GPU-Z can do that). Maybe the card is throttling down due to overheating.
    foobar ist gerade online

5. #5 Zitieren
    Rookie
    Thanks for your help. It happens that there was a motherboard update. I also had many icons on my desktop & I reduced those by quite a bit. I am getting many more fps now. When I get to Tacarigua & run up to the buildings, fps drops to the upper 30's to upper 40's, which I can live with. The game climbs to the upper 50's to 70's when running around on the beach.
    Quietus ist offline