Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Ergebnis 1 bis 17 von 17
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Apprentice Avatar von pain02
    I tryed to modify Monster skill values such as gESkill_Stat_Lv with RisenEditor but nothing happens when i try to see changes ingame...it just doesent save what am i doing wrong? i changed some items with TPLe editor that works just fine but i cant figure out how to save monster and npc changes (saved on scenes and "Save all open Lrent files") if anyone knows how please help
    pain02 ist offline

2. #2 Zitieren
    Schwertmeister Avatar von CzarnyAfgan
    I am not completely sure if I understood you correctly:

First of all: do you utilize copy of projects pak. ? In this case: Click "Open one or multiple files" icon on the left, then choose lrents you will like to edit. Then make changes in the skills/statistics and right click "save" on the lrent ( scene tab on the right ). that is being edited and this should save your file. Next thing is: you have to find the file you edited, cut it ( or make a copy ) and paste it into a folder with choosen name ( example "my mod" ) - then you should use risen mod starter -> "tools" tab -> Risen PAK Dir (Visual) and using Risen PAK Dir compress the folder with your mod into file named "projects.p0x" , then just copy projects.p0x into RisenMDS Fanmods folder ( projects.p0x should be placed in it's own folder ) and then just start your mod with Risen Mod starter.

Remember that two mods that alter the same file may cause confusions or even crash the game.

I have never used direct editing of game data method ( too much risk to confuse something ), but this should be even easier - just after you eddit skills, save a lrent by clicking right mouse button on it and "save". I think the game should show the change instantly.

Hope this helped

Greetings
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Legende Avatar von JFaron
    You're talking about this one, right?

First thing is: What exactly are you doing ingame? Have you made yourself invisible by typing invisible into the console? If you did so, go to the monster(s) you changed (You have to focus it, therefore its name has to appear on your screen!) and enter edit in the console.
    A new windows should appear. In the Property Sets-menu you open gCSkills_PS by hitting it twice. In the appearing list you can then have a look at whatever you changed.
    In your case that would be gESkill_Stat_Lv, which actually brings me to the question: What exactly are you trying to do? As far as I know the monster's level is only used to calculate the experience points the player gets on killing it. (That would be EP = Level * 10.)

By the way: To save my changed I always use your methods AND the Save Lrents-function in the File-menu.

So let me tell you one last thing: §welcome

edit: Of course CzarnyAfgan is right. You should make sure you're changes are recognized by the game. Alternatively to his method I'd recommend to find out which file you are editing, and before doing so placing it in %localappdata%\Risen\Data. That should work as well, and I consider it easier. (In the Editor you then need to open your file via the menu, not the file browser.) You can easily navigate to the path by pasting it unchanged in the adress bar of the Windows Explorer. (That also works for the open-file-thing )
    JFaron ist offline Geändert von JFaron (19.09.2013 um 13:13 Uhr)

4. #4 Zitieren
    Ritter
    don't know if someone allready pointed it out but a common source of error is to not start a new game. monster stats are save game relevant therefore your changes only apply to new started games.
    [Bild: dtc_sig.jpg]

Harald Iken: Überhaupt sollte man als Spieleentwickler das Wort "einfach" oder noch besser "mal eben" aus seinem Wortschatz streichen.
    Kuchenschlachter ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren
    Thanks a lot guys for replyng so fast CzarnyAfgan your guide in solving my problem should be the correct one , i have to admit that i tryed to use direct editing withouth creating any pox files or using risenMDS, or any of the correct stuff for editing...however when i try to open one specific file with risen editor i get an error that says something like this: Exception of type "System OutOfMemoryException" was thrown.
    The file i wished to edit was C:\User\AppData\Local\Risen\Monster\Kapitel 1\Boar.tple ...i tryed to open the same file with Tple editor with that tool i can edit pretty much everything with the exception of what i really want to edit and that is gCSkills_PS . As for what im tryng to do is quite simple but with a lot of work i want to make a mod for my personal gameplay experience something like HeightsOfPower mod for Gothic 2 , it consist in making all monsters and npc's 3x more powerfull (with the exception of those ho require scripts) creating a few more items enhancing the existing ones raise cap for str and dex and if possible double or at least 50% more creatures on the map and some more minor stuff for more hardcore gameplay experience. So thank u again i will read and try to do everything u guys described as a way to edit things

oh and JFaron thank u for welcoming me it took me a while to fiind this forum read some articles and register i hope that with your help guys i'l get things done and ho knows maybe someday i can help u to . I salute you

edit : Kuchenschlachter everytime i tryed to see if changes work i started a new game
    pain02 ist offline Geändert von pain02 (03.09.2013 um 19:10 Uhr)

6. #6 Zitieren
    Pain - you have recieved such error probably because you try to edit wrong type of files - Reditor opens and edits only ".lrent" files, not the .tple files , so you should probably look for something as data->projects->outdoor->monster->wild_outdoor_monster_01.lrent ( and so on ).

Important! Remember in Risen editor you edit one entity after another ( so firstly one boar, then his colleague on the left... [example] ) I will tell you how to change more entities at once later, but first learn the basics §welcomes
    When you want to check if the change you have made in editor is working in game, you have to find specific entity you have edited - example a sea vulture on the left near the big tree over the shore...
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline Geändert von CzarnyAfgan (03.09.2013 um 20:58 Uhr)

7. #7 Zitieren
    JFaron - so do you know is there any way that new meshes can be imported into Reditor and placed in the game world - some type of conversion or anything?
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline

8. #8 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von pain02 Beitrag anzeigen
    Thanks a lot guys for replyng so fast CzarnyAfgan your guide in solving my problem should be the correct one , i have to admit that i tryed to use direct editing withouth creating any pox files or using risenMDS, or any of the correct stuff for editing...
    If I may interrupt at this point. (And write down my own opinion on this topic, and nothing more!) Concerning modding there is not a simple correct and incorrect way to achieve your goals. Of course there are ways that can be described as the wrong ones, but usually that contains the general idea of your work, not the exact way you're actually working with.

Let me give you an example: You want to place item I in the inventory of NPC N. I know two ways to do this: You could modify a dialog (for example the very first-dialog in the game), in which I is placed in N's inventory by using commands. On the other side you can simply modify N's inventory directly. It is probably pretty obvious which way is (usually) the "correct" one.
    The way you modify N's inventory is completely irrelevant. There is no correct or incorrect. And this is the kind of task you are performing when you want Risen to realize your files.

It's a matter of personal taste, and nothing more.

The file i wished to edit was C:\User\AppData\Local\Risen\Monster\Kapitel 1\Boar.tple ...i tryed to open the same file with Tple editor with that tool i can edit pretty much everything with the exception of what i really want to edit and that is gCSkills_PS .
    This is an interesting point, which you need to understand in order to create your mod.

The lrents (also called layers) contain entities. An entity is basicly everything you see in the world, that is not part of the levelmesh. (So NPCs, Monsters, Plants, Trees, Barrels, Interacts, ... are entities!)
    The interesting point is: Every entity has its own template (tple). But there is major difference: The templates theirself have absolutely nothing to do with the entities in the layers. They are 100% equal, but if you change templates, these changes won't appear in the world. Only if you change every single entity, your changes apear in the world. You can think about templates as some kind of a raw objects, that are placed in the world. After that point, they become entities and every tie to the templates is cut.

If you now ask yourself, what the templates are used for: The items (weapons, potions, gold, amulets, armors, ...) are, as long as they don't lay on the ground in the world, still templates, even if they are in your inventory. (That means: Change item-templates and the items are changed in everybody's inventory.)

it consist in making all monsters and npc's 3x more powerfull (with the exception of those ho require scripts)
    The problem here is, that you have to change the stats of every single entity manually. But of course, it can be done.

creating a few more items enhancing the existing ones raise cap for str and dex and if possible
    This is about the templates, and can be done perfectly.

double or at least 50% more creatures on the map
    So here you need to place more entities in the world using the Risen Editor.

oh and JFaron thank u for welcoming me
    It's always good to see new modders
    JFaron ist offline Geändert von JFaron (03.09.2013 um 21:33 Uhr)

9. #9 Zitieren
    Haha cheers guys ,thank u for pointing me where i did wrong , i didn't extract with Risenaut projects.pak where the lrents are CzarnyAfgan i know how to batch entities that will ease my work i tested it out and it worked .
    Jfaron thank you for your patience and explanations , a lot of info for me to learn since im new on the modding frontlines
    Well my atempt to make this amazing game even more attractive starts now, i know its a lot to do but i have enough time to get things done.My ideea of what to change is kinda at titanic level but in combination with some other mods such as radical rebalancing mod will make Risen more than exciting at a hardcore lvl.
    However i did fiind a small dilema (actually quite big) and that is HP of creatures i changed it didn't worked, do i need risenSDK( i dont even know how to install that) to change hp and mana?
    pain02 ist offline

10. #10 Zitieren
    Ritter
    did you edit gESkill_Stat_HP, gESkill_Stat_MP? that's maximum health.
    gESkill_Atrib_HP is current health.

Harald Iken: Überhaupt sollte man als Spieleentwickler das Wort "einfach" oder noch besser "mal eben" aus seinem Wortschatz streichen.

11. #11 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von Kuchenschlachter Beitrag anzeigen
    did you edit gESkill_Stat_HP, gESkill_Stat_MP? that's maximum health.
    gESkill_Atrib_HP is current health.
    yes sorry that was it i figured it out just a few secs ago when i focused and typed edit in the console
    pain02 ist offline

12. #12 Zitieren
    How can i change stats on amulets and rings ? i tried with tple editor at gCItem_PS>EquipScript eCScripProxyScript(0x5FA)>OnEquipApplayStats and cliked on that small button and i get this :'' Not available in this version (v0.01)'' i have version 0.02 . Do i have to edit with another tool?or i tried to edit the wrong thing?

edit: same for armors i see , is it from strings? or something idk
    pain02 ist offline Geändert von pain02 (05.09.2013 um 00:42 Uhr)

13. #13 Zitieren
    Ritter
    can be done using tpledit: gCItem_PS::ModifySkills.

14. #14 Zitieren
    pff another anoyng problem , i changed some stats for shields such as protection or adding additional benefits and implement some requirements and then SAVE all good untill BAM when i edit another one and come back to the previous modified everything is messed up, example : instead of 15 prot blunt i get 20 CombatCrossbow or 20 Acrobat at requirements ... very wierd, can someone tell me what i did wrong or what do i need to edit? for changes to remain as they should , thank u

edit: I noticed (before my game exploded) that changes have no tooltips it is a must to modify them to? or changes have effect withouth the display of tooltips

re-edit: god fucking damnit i edited 1 ring to, after that all my rings went full retard, ex: 1 ring gives me 10 lvls and another one 18+ to combataxe ,and i cant change them back =)) wtf is this shit )
    pain02 ist offline Geändert von pain02 (05.09.2013 um 01:59 Uhr)

15. #15 Zitieren
    Okay, that sounds weird. First of all: What's your goal at this point? Modifying existing rings or creating new ones?
    I guess you should probably tell us what you exactly did. Note every step and we'll probably find the mistake!
    JFaron ist offline

16. #16 Zitieren
    yes ...mega sorry i forgot to delete what i posted previously,i figured it out this morning what i did wrong i was to tired when i tried to change item values , i accidentally edited Skill: btPropertyContainer<enum gESkill> with the values i wanted instead of Amount:
    pain02 ist offline

17. #17 Zitieren
    Adventurer
    Sorry for rezzing!

Was hoping a more in-depth guide could be made here - alot of this is confusing and hard to keep up with. How does one edit multiple entities at once?
    Jobesky ist offline Geändert von Jobesky (24.01.2020 um 20:33 Uhr)