Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 2 von 5 « Erste 12345 Letzte »
Ergebnis 21 bis 40 von 86
  1. #21 Zitieren
    Schwertmeister Avatar von CzarnyAfgan
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline

2. #22 Zitieren
    Legende Avatar von JFaron
    That's basicly eden. (I don't wanna say something now, that's Baltram's task.)
    JFaron ist offline

3. #23 Zitieren
    Ehrengarde Avatar von Baltram
    Zitat Zitat von CzarnyAfgan Beitrag anzeigen
    It's an ingame editor with many features that are yet undocumented. I am planning to release it this year. A beta version can be downloaded here (Script_Extensions.dll) though I advise you to wait until the release as the English documentation (Script_Extensions.txt) is extremely outdated and incomplete. Basically useless. There's also a less outdated documentation in German (Script_Extensions_de.pdf).
    Baltram ist offline

4. #24 Zitieren
    Baltram - very very nice . Some time ago Kuchenschlachter worked on his locational damage script ( for ranged weapons ) do you know if he has finished it? Standalone script placed in such databased ( like one linked by Baltram ) would be very nice!
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline

5. #25 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von Arythya Beitrag anzeigen
    Do I have to install the Tool into the same folder as Risen?
    I recommend a new folder in your Risen-folder called "tools". That's the location I place all of my tools.

For me it's like (not complete, of course ):
    Code:
    ---- E:\Risen ----
    =>bin

=>Risen.exe
    =>scripts
    =>...
    =>data
    =>common
    =>compiled
    =>...
    =>tools
    =>Risen Editor
    =>RisenEditor.exe
    In the original release thread created by Galrath himself you'll find requirements for the tool. These are:
    Zitat Zitat von Galrath434 Beitrag anzeigen
    1. You will need a DirectX 9 and ShaderModel 2 graphics card aswell as Windows Vista or 7.
    2. You will need the newest DirectX runtime.
    3. You will need the DotNet Framework 3.5
    JFaron ist offline

6. #26 Zitieren
    That's probably it.
    JFaron ist offline

7. #27 Zitieren
    Forget about it, much easier is to delete entity you don't want ( example gravemoth ) and then copy other monster you want to replace it with ( for example skeleton ) in a place of previous one ( gravemoth ). Load all lrents containing monsters, I am sure you will find there what you are looking for. Good luck!
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline

8. #28 Zitieren
    CzarnyAfgan is right. If you only change the mesh, you won't achieve anything, because the insect-collisions and most of all the insect-animations are still used, which would result in something very ugly.
    JFaron ist offline

9. #29 Zitieren
    You have multiple layers containing monsters. They are all listed in the File Browser. I recommend you start at the top and finish every layer with Monster in it until you reach the bottom.
    Using this procedure the first layer you would edit is Cities > Don_Camp > Don_Camp_Monster_01.lrent (You ignore the *.sec-files!)
    Now you go into Scene-View. Your goal is to remove/ replace every monster with the names Dragonfly (ger: Grabmotte), Dragonfly_World (ger: Krallenfalter) and GiantBug (Panzergrille).

For every monster you proceed like this:
    1. Mark the insect you want to replace by hitting its name in the scene-menu. Copy the value Properties > Position (You don't need to hit the "+", the "top-level"-value will do fine. E. g. 33859,98; 2504,21777; 13573,16) into a texteditor like Notepad++.
    2. Delete the monster by hitting "Del" on your keyboard.
    3. Mark the monster you want to replace the insect with (e. g. Stingrat) and hit CTRL+C to copy it and CTRL+V to paste it again. Now you copy the above noted position value and apply it to your new monster.

IMPORTANT:
    And of course, there is a exception: Some insects are part of a quests! These insects have special names, like Dragonfly_Don_01. To let Risen know, that your new monsters replace the insects your new monsters have to have the exact same name the insect had. (Hope you got that ) I would by the way do that for every monster, just to not loose the overview. (Problem with that: The ingame name will be that one of the insect, but we can change that pretty fast and easy later.)

And still there is one thing you can do: If you want the replaced insect and your new monster to be equally strong you have to note the property-values of the gCSkills_PS-Property Set. You do that with the first monster of that kind and use this for CTRL+C-stuff in #3.

Any questions? Let me know... That is probably a very messy post.
    JFaron ist offline

10. #30 Zitieren
    Apprentice Avatar von pain02
    Guys if u copy library. and strings. from radical rebalance mod or any other mod in your game folder, Reditor will bug out and wont start u will get this error : A critical error has occured, an error message can be found in the log

my log reseted after i solved my problem it seems that some files from other mods conflicts with the tool.

Hope this helps people ho have this error
    pain02 ist offline

11. #31 Zitieren
    Guys - I have dropped Risen modding for some time, and now I have to learn most things from the beginning, so I have got some questions:

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5hMFDLrb6I in this tutorial Baltram imports mesh of sword from Risen into Gmax, I have downloaded Gmax, but I don't remember how to run script which enables to import Risen meshes into Gmax ( there isn't a "Risen Tools" tab on the top by default of course - how can I turn it on? )

2. After I create mesh ( for example box ) with Gmax and then I export it to .xmsh - what do I have to do next to give my mesh a collision borders ( collision mesh ) ? I can see that XCOMpose imports only .obj extension files, so please tell me what to do, because I don't know
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline

12. #32 Zitieren
    I don't remember how to run script which enables to import Risen meshes into Gmax ( there isn't a "Risen Tools" tab on the top by default of course - how can I turn it on? )
    You can install the Risen scripts for GMax using XMSH Builder (Tools > Set up maxscripts).

After I create mesh ( for example box ) with Gmax and then I export it to .xmsh - what do I have to do next to give my mesh a collision borders ( collision mesh ) ? I can see that XCOMpose imports only .obj extension files, so please tell me what to do, because I don't know
    You can download a .obj export script for GMax here. However you need collision meshes only for level meshes or large solid objects (like Barrels). Items have no collision meshes, however they do have collision shapes. I am not sure whether these collision shapes have an effect. They can be edited though.
    Baltram ist offline

13. #33 Zitieren
    Baltram - thanks, I just want Risen to display mine new created meshes, so I don't know if Risen Editor requires collision meshes in order to display shapes ( new meshes )- JFaron told me that.
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline

14. #34 Zitieren
    I have created new item using some original Risen .xshm model ( gmax ) , then I exported it to .xshm format and updated the compiled_meshes.bin - but still Reditor doesn't display new model ( mesh ), when I try to replace the old one using "eCMesh_PC" line in Property Sets, what am I doing wrong?

And what is the mountlist_packed.ini for?
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline

15. #35 Zitieren
    in order to display shapes ( new meshes )- JFaron told me that.
    That's not what I meant but trusting Baltram is the best you can do, since I am saying whatever (bullshit) comes in my mind

I have created new item using some original Risen .xshm model ( gmax ) , then I exported it to .xshm format and updated the compiled_meshes.bin - but still Reditor doesn't display new model ( mesh ), when I try to replace the old one using "eCMesh_PC" line in Property Sets, what am I doing wrong?
    It's xmsh, by the way. Try to apply your mesh to an object of your choice by using the edit-function in the testmode. If the mesh doesn't change, it isn't recognized by the game. If it does, the mistake is somewhere else

And what is the mountlist_packed.ini for?
    With a correctly modified mountlist you don't need your RMDS-solution nor archives or the appdata-stuff to have your files loaded by the game. Just use the forum search, you'll probably find what you need to know.

Zitat Zitat von Arythya Beitrag anzeigen
    Do I have to save when I'm finished or does it save automatically?
    Should I use Save Lrents or Save Tabs?
    I'm always using the Save-button, Save Lrents and rightlick on a entry in the scenes-view and hit save. That works just fine
    JFaron ist offline

16. #36 Zitieren
    1. Make sure the file type of your mesh is ._xmsh
    2. Put the mesh file in Risen\data\common\meshes
    3. Restart Risen Editor
    4. Set the property eCMesh_PS.MeshFileName of an appropriate entity to the file name of your mesh. Again, make sure the ending is ._xmsh

If you are creating a new mesh (new mesh name, not used in original Risen) or if you just want to see your mesh in Risen Editor, you don't have to worry about compiled_meshes.bin.
    Baltram ist offline

17. #37 Zitieren
    Thanks! Now it works and displays the original Risen meshes ( modified in gmax ) , I only need to check if editor displays the completely newly created objects.

Edit: when I try to convert element saved by gmax ( Risen Tools -> prepare and save scene ) with XSMH Builder - I recieve following error "Error GETSTRING: Tried to acces inexistant element"

?
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline Geändert von CzarnyAfgan (06.09.2013 um 08:07 Uhr)

18. #38 Zitieren
    Thanks! Now it works and displays the original Risen meshes ( modified in gmax ) , I only need to check if editor displays the completely newly created objects.

Edit: when I try to convert element saved by gmax ( Risen Tools -> prepare and save scene ) with XSMH Builder - I recieve following error "Error GETSTRING: Tried to acces inexistant element"

?
    Try Risen Tools > Renew meshes. If you still get the error please upload the .gmax file.
    Baltram ist offline

19. #39 Zitieren
    Risen Tools -> renew meshes command helped .Thanks a lot!

Proof:

[Bild: nazgul_helmet.png]

Btw. I need to fix the model a bit, but after I will need someone who could prepare new texture for the helmet, who is willing to help?
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline Geändert von CzarnyAfgan (06.09.2013 um 14:03 Uhr)

20. #40 Zitieren
    Do you have the file, you're editing still open in a different program? Is Risen running? (Have you tried every way to save, maybe in different orders?)
    JFaron ist offline

Seite 2 von 5 « Erste 12345 Letzte »