Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 5 von 6 « Erste 123456 Letzte »
Ergebnis 81 bis 100 von 104
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #81
    General Avatar von GothicFighter

GothicFighter ist offline
    Yup.Great story. Please continue. You are soo talented.

X@RD@$
    previous nickname - "ThePlaya"

2. Beiträge anzeigen #82
    General Avatar von Khaled

Khaled ist offline
    this is teh first part of the synopsis...I will add teh rest tomorrow. Many users forgot what happened and how did teh story go on. Maybe this will help you.

Synopsis:
    A young boy looses his father being attacked by bandits in the Myrtanian forests. His only purpose in life is revenge from now. After 2 weeks of living in a cave he discovers that in the depths of the mountain there are two undead skeletons guarding a sword and he runs like hell out of the cave. A warrior, by his name, Gilbert, saves the little boy from a pack of wolves and takes him to Olaf’s Tavern. After another 2 days the bay wakes up, and Gilbert asks him to fight with him, to become a mercenary. The boy accepts and receives the name “Forrester”.
    Forrester trains with the local militia and asks the local smith, Harad to make him a new armor with Gilbert’s money. When Gilbert returns from Nordmar, they embark on their first adventure. They arrive at the city of Hackstadt and get rid of the bandits roaming the forests. In the night after their success, the two adventurers are attacked by 2 Hashishins. Having escaped their attack, Gilbert and Forrester head for Zweibrucken, to participate in Lord Radomir’s quest. Gilbert has to participate alone(without Forrester) and he leaves the city along with other many adventurers, including the other two favorites Said-al-Ajaf(a Bedouin from Varant) and Harkward the Black Axe(a barbarian soldier from the Myrtanian army).
    The quest consists in killing a ferocious dragon. Forrester kills his time by hunting bandits and killing wild beasts. One day he hears from some quest adventurers, that only the 3 favorites(Gilbert, Said, Harkward) and another 3 contestants are still alive. After some more time, Gilbert, Said and other 6 men enter the city gates. Harkward was dead and Gilbert shares his loot with Said, Forrester, and other 3 adventurers: Brian, Jurgen and Jarvis. After the celebrations, Gilbert treats his wounds and asks Forrester to immediately lead him to the skeleton cave. In the cave, Gilbert kills the 2 skeletons, but he ultimately dies and Forrester burrows him there, taking the sword the skeletons were protecting: ‘El Bastardo’. Gilbert tells him to go to Varant and seek Said. After 2 long years, Forrester finally heads for Varant. In a canyon, he meets Said and other 2 bedouin warriors: Alfonso and Ajihad. He goes with them to one of the initiate’s camps. There, Ajihad and the other 3 camp leaders give their acceptance and tell Said to train him. He also receivees the name of Khaled(lost son), since the Bedouins think he is of Varantian origins. Said beats Khaled in a sword match, and after that, he teaches him the light and medium combat style. On the his 18th anniversary, Khaled witnesses the treachery of King Rhobar the 2nd. The Myrtanian King besiegend Shaleh-ah-Khan and Valencianos(the cities of the Spanish and Bedouins) and was forging them to sign a vassalage pact. Te Bedouins sign it and Ajihad with Khaled head for the Bedouin capital. In front of the capital’s gates, Khaled beats a Myrtanian soldier in a minute and everyone is astonished. Ajihad, Said and the other 3 camp leaders come with armies to support King Rhobar’s expedition. Khaled also learns about the situation in the penal colony(13 magicians create a magical barrier, which grows to large and traps them inside. Also…the prisoners kill all the guards and take over the colony.) The leaders of the Myrtanian army were Hagen Merckel and Garond. The leader of the Spanish was Gonzalez. The mixt army got to Nordmar in a week. The local chieftain, Bjarke Bodvar greeted them and they started making plans on how to take over the orcs. After 3 years of fighting, Khaled lost the counting of the orcs he killed.
    One night, after 3 weeks of no orc signs, Khaled and Diego see a river of flames coming down a hill. Orcs were attacking. Hagen made a fast plan. Loren, slaughtered the orc shamen and after that, he separated the orcish army in two, permiting the Alliance troops to slaughter the remaining orcs. The Alliance lost 3000 soldiers from 20.000 it had before. After the battle, Lord Radmoir’s army, consisting of 2000 expert swordsmen and heavy cavalry arrived. After a few days, the seven leaders(Said, Ajihad, Gonzalez, Hagen, Garond, Bjarke and Radomir, were making plans for an attack on the orcs. Radomir didn’t agree with an attack, so Hagen arrested him and threw him in the dungeon. The entire myrtanian army, Spanish archers, Bedouin pedestrians and Radomir’s cavalry had to advance in the orc lands. 12.000 humans were going to meet their doom. Behind the huge hill, the men could see a large meadow pointed with forts here and there. Hagen ordered his army to split and burn all the forts and palisades. After this action, and 2 days of marching, The Alliance had to face the greatest battle of their entire campaign. 12.000 men caught in an ambuscade of the orcs. The army found itself in front of 2 strongholds and a huge palisade. The orcs surrounded them. After several “between the hammer and the anvil” maneuvers, the Alliance’s army managed to push back the orcs, using the lit arrows and paladin magic. Ajihad followed a group of orcs in the woods. In the meantime, he saw another battalion of orcs. Trying to stop them, he is killed by an orcish colonel. Said and Loren come after him, but the orcs become berserkers and destroy Loren’s cavalry, killing him too. However, Said manages to kill the orcs and brings Loren and Ajihad back to Hagen, saying that the war is over for the Bedouins, with no leader and decimated army. From the 2 strongholds, another small army of orcs came out. Hagen and GArond quickly killed them all and conquered the strongholds. After burying their dead, the men waited for reinforcements. The king sent another 10.000 men and Bjarke came with the rest of the army. In total, there were, 23.000 men waiting to push forth to the orc lands: Myrtanian pedestrians and cavalry, along with Radomir’s men, Bedouin pedestrians and Bedouin cavalry and Spanish archers, together with barbarians. Radomir had been realeased and decided to advance further to the orcs. The Bedouin cavalry along with half of the Myrtana pedestrians remain in the strongholds under Garond’s command. The rest had to advance. Khaled’s friends, Diego, Gorax and Lee had to go. He remained only with Vladimir, in command of the Bedouin cavalry.
    Geändert von Khaled (12.10.2007 um 14:48 Uhr)

3. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #83
    Fighter Avatar von superninja™

superninja™ ist offline
    Khaled is my favouret mercenary after Lee,Gorn and Cord.And your story IS GREAT !!! Thanks alot

4. Beiträge anzeigen #84
    Fighter Avatar von Deferigon

Deferigon ist offline
    Dude u know how to make one heck of a story, my congrats.

DAMN BAR, I CAN'T REACH IT!

5. Beiträge anzeigen #85
    Local Hero Avatar von Little Einstein

Little Einstein ist offline
    Masterful telling BUT.... their are many annoying flaws as:

this is thought too much like a video game(i know it comes from one) but when ya are making a story its supose to be more real, not everyone says '' hey im doing a quest'' or that ''ive got alot of quests'' its supose to be a real world when it comes to a story and since its suppose to be connected with the gothic theme you should stick with the towns the exist not make new ones that ruins the connection and the only reason i was reading the story!

but never the less masterful telling of a hero

6. Beiträge anzeigen #86

Khaled ist offline
    @Einstein
    Thanks...
    I started writing this story before PB had shown us the Myrtana map. Once, on the forum there have been some map parts posted and that's where I've got the city names from. After all, It seemed that Zweibrucken is actually a city in Germany. So I'm saing it again: I didn't know nothing about the real G3 map

Now about the quests. I, for myself find the story very much real... I mean, I don't remember saying that every person has a quest or smth to do. There is Gilbert who has to do some work as a mercenary, Khaled helps him, and tehre's that damn radomir's quest, and after that, you can see that things happen exactly as in G series story: King Rhobar 2nd is at war with the orcs, unites all 3 regions(the vassalage part is my creation) and the army marches to Nordmar. From here, it's again, my creation. Khaled is kinda realistic too. He is strong, but at the beginning he is still unexperienced. Only after e joins teh bedouins he learns a thing or two about real fighting skills, and he matures during the orc battles.

Anyway...it's your opinion. I just tried to speak about the life of an unimportant character from Gothic series and to explain some events form my point of view.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #87
    banned

kthy0056 ist offline
    And when you will begin to write again?

8. Beiträge anzeigen #88

Khaled ist offline
    Chapter XXI : Rescuing old friends(part5) : Home again!

The remnants of the human army were all gathered together. Only 600 men remained from the huge expeditionary force sent against the Orcs. With Radomir on the orcs’ side, the remaining survivors had nothing else to do than try to escape from the orc lands and get back to Myrtana. Of course, it isn’t a piece of cake to march hidden through the orc lands with 600 men, cavalry and pedestrians. On the other hand, splitting the army proved to be fatal once and Hagen didn’t want to repeat the mistake.
    -I believe that marching altogether is the best. We can defend ourselves. The soldiers are definite to return home. They’re morale is up. It’s their chance, said Hagen.
    -Then we should get moving. We are all well armed and armoured and the orcs didn’t notice anything yet, concluded Diego.
    -Let’s go…inform the men. In 15 minutes we depart, ordered Khaled.
    The small army started marching, encountering several orcs and orc mercenaries. Many mercenaries fell on their knees and apologized, joining the small army, in order to return home. The march was difficult. The least thing they wanted to do was to stir up the orcs and begin another battle.
    -Four long years Khaled! Can you imagine this? asked Diego.
    -It has been a hell, I believe, wasn’t it?
    -You can’t imagine! We had uncountable battles…injuries, we saw our comrades dieing before us. From so many, all that remained are 600 men. Six hundred true warriors. The worst thing was to see the traitors working for the orcs, Khaled. It’s unbearable to kill those of your own kind in a battle.
    -I can’t imagine this. Anyway, I tell you Diego…It’s a hell to stay in those damned stronghold and wonder night and day what the hell happened to you.
    The hours passed while Khaled was discussing with his long lost friends. It appears that some of them managed to master the orcish weapons. They managed to find many things about orcish culture too. It appears that the orcs came south because they need new territories instead of their frozen north. Of course, if we think for a minute, it was King Rhobar the 2nd who had started the war with the orcs after all.
    At night, the army set camp on the top of a hill. The scattered on that hill and slept without burning fires. The cold wind was troublesome, but Khaled soon recognized the road he took when he came to rescue his friends.
    -What do you think Garond did to our brothers, Khaled? asked Ali. And do you think that Azeem arrived safe and sound to the strongholds?
    -Azeem is a talented Bedouin who knows his way around. With 80 men most probably he managed to get to the strongholds. As for the first question, I don’t thin k Garond is foolish enough to kill precious soldiers. Answered Khaled wile he was looking at the shiny stars on the sky.
    Ali left is captain to meditate and wen to his ox pelt , immediately falling asleep. Said couldn’t close an eye on that night so he thought to pay a visit to his former student.
    -I saw the whole scene Khaled. You did a great job with the orc Warlord. Just like I taught you back when we were fighting in the desert.
    -You know Said? All those years…I went to Ajihad’s grave on every month. It pains me to think that he is actually dead. This war…I’m sick of it. I just want to know that I’ve done a good job at least…I’ve managed to rescue you.
    -This isn’t the only good think you’ve did Khaled…Nevertheless…the people of Myrtana will remember you. Not to mention the Varantians. You need some sleep Khaled…I’m going back to try to sleep. Be ready for tomorrow.
    On the next day, the small army started to walk again, hoping to see the strongholds anytime soon. At evening, Vladimir, acting as a scout, met a group of Garond’s raiders. Astonished, they thought he was some kind of illusion. They couldn’t believe their ears when they’ve heard that Hagen, Gorax and the others are actually alive and Khaled retuned them home. By midnight, the survivors were all entering the strongholds accompanied by cries of happiness and music. Khaled was a hero at last. His name was on everybody’s lips and the survivors were looked after.
    -Hagen! I can’t believe this! You’ve returned home! This Bedouin is amazing. I thought I’ll kill him if I see him ever again, but he is a hero after all. It feels so good to see you again Hagen.
    -Garond…I never thought I’ll see you again. You’ve did a great job maintaining the control over the strongholds. Let me change my clothes and in an hour we’ll meet and talk about a very delicate problem.

After an hour, Hagen, Said, Gorax and Khaled were all in Garond’s chamber waiting to see what the commander wants to talk with them.
    -I believe you already try to figure out what I want to tell you. It’s about the status of our army. I’m sure you are aware of the fact that all our men want to go home and are fed up of this entire Orc war.
    -This is what I’ve waited to hear Garond! Said Hagen. I absolutely agree.
    -We all agree!

9. Beiträge anzeigen #89
    banned

kthy0056 ist offline
    Good job.Thank you for posting.I have a question:is diego that diego who is best friend of nameless?

10. Beiträge anzeigen #90

Khaled ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von kthy0056 Beitrag anzeigen
    Good job.Thank you for posting.I have a question:is diego that diego who is best friend of nameless?
    yeah..that diego, that Lee, that Vladimir, that Gorax and every name that you recognize is from those known in G1 and 2(only played G3 until Montera).

11. Beiträge anzeigen #91
    banned

kthy0056 ist offline
    Who is vladimir?i don't remember him from g1 and g2
    It's a great story i liked it very much but now i am frustrated that i have to wait for another chapter.I like reading a book from the begining to the end not to wait

12. Beiträge anzeigen #92
    Knight Commander Avatar von Bamfy

Bamfy ist offline
    Very nice!keep up the good work!...I don`t think that there is a Vladimir

13. Beiträge anzeigen #93

Khaled ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Bamfy Beitrag anzeigen
    Very nice!keep up the good work!...I don`t think that there is a Vladimir
    The one who lost his crossbow at the place where you repair the eye...in the forest.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #94
    Fighter Avatar von Xardas bs

Xardas bs ist offline
    heh i dont remember what was hi name who lost the cbow but as much as i remember it wasnt vladimir Good story anyways

15. Beiträge anzeigen #95
    Knight Avatar von Ze Lucas
    In the City of twilight, in the cover of night

Ze Lucas ist offline
    Another good sequel Khaled, nice job.
    I noticed a few minor grammatical errors but nothing major.
    And the story is still superb. Keep it up.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #96

Khaled ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von diego_pmc Beitrag anzeigen
    That was Dragomir.
    Than Dragomir is just a nickname
    I know the truth Vladimir is his real name
    Anyways...sorry for the mistake

17. Beiträge anzeigen #97
    Fighter Avatar von Xardas bs

Xardas bs ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Khaled Beitrag anzeigen
    Than Dragomir is just a nickname
    I know the truth Vladimir is his real name
    Anyways...sorry for the mistake
    Hahaaa that was a good one

18. Beiträge anzeigen #98
    Sword Master Avatar von Gerrard

Gerrard ist offline
    I readed story at once and I can say only

You are real writer, all in one, looks like beautifull novel
    I was also writing something like that, it was about first crusade and boy which was page and later he became knight and bodyguard, more companion of one french lord which leaded his army in crusade 1096. On begining there were lots of interesting things to write, about his childhood, becoming a page, later knight, voyage to holy land and battles with Saracens, but later I hadn´t got time for it and I forgot it. I am not much good in it but story was quite interesting, just like yours. It was called Memories of a Crusader or something like that. I shall try revive it now on holidays if I will have time for it.

EDIT: I haven´t mentioned that I most enjoyed at begining of story, battle with wolves, making an armor... I love that part of ˝surviving˝ story, same I used in my Crusader story at begining as working in village lots of quests, arrival of lord´s taxtation man, quarrel with him and lot of other adventuries, more I talking about it, more I want to write it again.
    If we cannot by reason, by influence, by example, by strenuous effort,
    and by personal sacrifice, mend the bad places of civilization, we certainly cannot do it by force.
    Geändert von Gerrard (08.12.2007 um 19:57 Uhr)

19. Beiträge anzeigen #99

Khaled ist offline
    I've decided to continue this story. YOu have a part of teh synopsis a few posts back. Tell me if I have to complete it so that you won't have to read the whole thing in order to remember what's all about.

Khaled’s Life, Book II

Chapter XXII : The Mercenary Group

-It’s about time you got home, Khaled, said Jarvis when his former brother-in-arms entered the hut. What’s to be had in the city?
    -Nothing much, man. Khaled took another long sip of beer and threw the empty bottle in a corner of the small, dark room. T’was a brawl at the bar, but nothing exceptionally!
    Khaled was living in a small hut in Montera now. The orcs managed to occupy Nordmar after the human retreat and arrived at an agreement with King Rhobar the 2nd, signing a truce. After spending 7 long years in the frozen North, fighting orcs, Khaled returned to Myrtana, only to find out that the Bedouins don’t control the Desert anymore. An organization of human assassins from Ishtar, who were sick of the god Innos, sworn allegiance to Beliar and overthrown the Bedouins and the Spanish, sacking Shaleh-ah-Khan and Valenciennes and massacrating the populace. They were known as Hasshisshin and they build the cities Mora Sul and Bakaresh as their capitals. Said tried to oppose them and gather the remaining Bedouins to regain their territory, but had been assassinated one night and the whole resistence destroyed. After seeing his people being exterminated, Khaled, sick of wars and fighting, resigned and settled in Montera together with Jarvis. Gorax went to Khorinis at the monastery of Innos, after the Monastery in the north had been overrun by the orcs. Vladimir and Diego also moved to Khorinis, the first to become a hunter and trophies trader, while the latter became a merchant and soon managed to buy a caravel and transport goodies and ore to the mainland. Lee, Hagen and Garond settled in Vengard and became permanent soldiers, paladins and knights. Ali, Azeem and Mehkel were all slain in their battles with the Hasshisshin. Five years passed after the signing of the truce and Khaled was now a prosperous weapons trader in Montera, and also a bouncer at the local tavern. He was 30 years old.
    -There’s not much to do here, Jarvis! Why don’t we move to Khorinis. I’m sure there are a lot of opportunities there.
    -Yeah! Like playing near the barrier, stumbling and falling inside. I don’t wanna get near that area!
    -I’d like to go there and start doing business with the rebels inside the barrier. I heard that some guy, Gomez took the power there and he’s killed all the Myrtanian bitches! He’s eager to get new weapons and I’m eager to get some ore.
    -You have a peacfull life here in Montera, Khaled. Don’t risk anything. It’s useless, I tell you!
    -First, I have to get some sleep. I’ll think about it in the morning.

In the morning, Khaled packed some food and weapons and left his hut. He was sick of his sedentary life and decided to join as a mercenary, just like Gilbert did.
    -I’m going to Geldern first. I want to meet someone there. An old friend of mine, that is. You may remain here and continue trading weapons Jarvis.
    -Do as you please Khaled. Just take care of yourself!
    -Maybe we’ll see each-other again some day!
    Khaled traveled alone, meeting different merchants on his way to Geldern. After 2 days of walking he reached Trelis. He decided to stop at the tavern and see if he can help the farmers some way. The moment he entered the old tavern, “The Fried Boar” he saw a group of fighters talking about an expedition, being all anxious to leave. Khaled grabbed one of the maids by her arm and asked her:
    -What expedition are they talking about? Is there some kind of adventure to be had?
    -The farmers complained about some brigands roaming the area, breaching their houses, stealing their goods and threatening them. Lord Andre, the knight in charge of the town gathered some mercenaries and offered them money to get rid of the infamous ban…
    -Hey! You dirty bastard, let go of that girl! Shouted one of the mercenaries.
    -I was just asking her what’s the fuss all about.
    -I don’t remember asking you anything! Get the hell out of the tavern! There’s only room for strong fighters here!
    -And I can’t see any strong fighters around here, so I think I have room too. Replied Khaled, calmly.
    -You fockin bastard! I’ll teach you how to talk to a real man. Let’s settle our differences outside!
    The two rivals went out in the central market and were gazing each other in the eyes. Khaled unwrapped “El Bastardo” and looked at it carefully. The other one drew his sword and started swinging it.
    -You look like that extinct race of Bedouins from the south. It’s a pity that I have to kill the last one of that race.
    -And you look like that growing race of Orcish mercenaries! I’ll start exterminating you right here!
    They both rushed at each-other, both wielding huge two-handers. Their swords clashed and Khaled threw his opponent out his away. Seeing how he was astonished by the force of the attack, Khaled drew a small, curved sword, hanging at his waist stroke with it. The mercenary managed to parry this weak attack, but Khaled attacked again with incredible speed and cut the leather belts which were holding the armor pieces together, cutting him on the cheek. He threw “El Bastardo” on the ground and started using his light combat techniques, rapidly overpowering his opponent. Whose slow moves with the two-hander couldn’t hit Khaled. At the end, exhausted, the mercenary stumpled over some rocks and fell to the ground, breathing heavily. Khaled seathed his sword and went to pick up his two-hander. A giant man put his foot on the sword preventing him from picking it up. Khaled drew his small sword once again to cut the new opponent, but he just grabbed the blade of the sword with his bare hand. He was wearing heavy leather and steel gloves. Khaled tried to get his sword back, but the new opponent was two strong. He kicked Khaled with a foot in the stomach, so hard that the former war-hero went unconscious.
    -Good lad, good fighter, concluded the winner, but never good enough for me. Rod, get your ass up! You’ve been beaten by this stranger. And you picked a wrong opponent, you hero! Mordrag! Jackal! Wake him up and let’s go inside!
    After several minutes, Khaled was on his feet again and his former opponent bought him a beer. He looked at the man who just rendered him unconscious a few minutes ago. He was huge, muscular, he was tanned and had a stuffy moustache. One could tell he was a great and experienced warrior by the scars on his face. By his face you could also tell that his force was bigger than his brains, for sure.
    -Welcoem back, lad! T’was a good fight, yours and Rod’s. You totally overpowered him, but I couldn’t just sit there and let you take all the honors. I’m Gorn and I’m leader of this group. As you already know, we’re going to hunt some bandits right now. We’ve got to take them all out and receive our money afterwards. Of course, we won’t stop here. We’re planning to travel all around Myrtana and seek jobs like this one here. Are you interested in joining us? You look like a very talented man we could use.
    -Well, to be honest, that’s why I left my hut in Montera. I was looking for adventures like this one. You’re on, ox-man!
    -Ahahahaha!!! That’s the spirit. Now let’s drink! The drinks are on Rod! Also, meet Jackal, Cavalorn and Mordrag. Our other three mates! All strong fighters, versed in the art of fighting with all kind of weapons: two-handers, one-handers, crossbows and bows.
    -I’m Khaled of the Bedouins, former soldier in the king’s army. I’m pleased to know there are still strong fighters on this land. Let’s drink and know each-other better!
    Geändert von Khaled (04.08.2009 um 15:05 Uhr)

20. Beiträge anzeigen #100
    Apprentice

stef1099 ist offline
    What's going to happen to that girl and forrester?

Hopefully something romantic and hen they turn 18 they marry or something or she dies.

Seite 5 von 6 « Erste 123456 Letzte »